Insitome Results! (Neanderthal)

I like that, and can't wait for such app.

Me too, I think it should be able to give me a lot of insight. Even though Helix doesn't give out the raw data file, I think their platform is coming along nicely. However, it turns out I am prohibited from procuring health related DNA assessments. Apparently, there's a law against it in NJ, and NY. Nevertheless, the person I spoke to assured me I will have access to the metabolism app.

Me too, I think it should be able to give me a lot of insight. Even though Helix doesn't give out the raw data file, I think their platform is coming along nicely. However, it turns out I am prohibited from procuring health related DNA assessments. Apparently, there's a law against it in NJ, and NY. Nevertheless, the person I spoke to assured me I will have access to the metabolism app.

I would love to have my metabolic DNA tested!! Believe it or not, I think many cases of mental disorders/diseases (ADHD, depression, etc) stem from metabolic issues such as not being able to process certain nutrients. I would guess that some of these metabolic issues can lead to toxins floating around in the bloodstream that can harm the brain, or limit your body's (including the brain) ability to use them, resulting in nutritional deficiencies.

If the body's ability to utilize nutrients critical to brain functioning such as B-12 is limited, the brain is malnourished.

I would love to have my metabolic DNA tested!! Believe it or not, I think many cases of mental disorders/diseases (ADHD, depression, etc) stem from metabolic issues such as not being able to process certain nutrients. I would guess that some of these metabolic issues can lead to toxins floating around in the bloodstream that can harm the brain, or limit your body's (including the brain) ability to use them, resulting in nutritional deficiencies.

If the body's ability to utilize nutrients critical to brain functioning such as B-12 is limited, the brain is malnourished.

I agree, diet is so fundamental to how one can operate in society, and manage stress or depression.

I don't understand the point to use the word human for homo sapiens but not to Neanderthal. If this was some archaic hominid admixture usually peak in some South African Mbuti that would be politically very incorrect word to use as.

I don't understand the point to use the word human for homo sapiens but not to Neanderthal. If this was some archaic hominid admixture usually peak in some South African Mbuti that would be politically very incorrect word to use as.

It says modern Human though.

Edit: Africans are also composites of other hominds as well. Most likely Homo Erectus.

http://www.buffalo.edu/news/releases/2017/07/028.html

Edit 2: I wonder how long it will be before they will be able to test other ancient hominids within people.

Last edited:
30kjdct.png

sPTArm2.png

Found some old pics of me with long hair, from when I was 19.

Dhkr6uV.png
bvmolyl.png

Man what an ugly face :startled:

He certainly had neanderthal dna though.

I just saw this. He was indeed ugly, but what specifically makes him Neanderthal looking? :)

I always thought his looks popped up in one of his relatives...Charles Stuart, King Charles II of England

30ed6c29d63bd28a807d1e2e2ff99797.jpg

I think they're both "jolie laide", pretty ugly, or, because they're men, sexy-ugly in a bizarre way.

Salento, I don't think he's even in the running for most Neanderthal looking, or in the ugly human being category. :)

On the other hand, Nicolay Valuev...:petrified:

Nikolai-Valuev.jpg

Nikolai-Valuev110.jpg

Wow. I'm thinking Steroids?

I just saw this. He was indeed ugly, but what specifically makes him Neanderthal looking? :)

I always thought his looks popped up in one of his relatives...Charles Stuart, King Charles II of England

30ed6c29d63bd28a807d1e2e2ff99797.jpg

I think they're both "jolie laide", pretty ugly, or, because they're men, sexy-ugly in a bizarre way.

Since he's non-African, I figured he must have it. But he certainly meets some of the physical characteristics described by Maciamo. Particularly his nose, supraobital torus, small chin and hair texture.

http://www.eupedia.com/europe/neanderthal_facts_and_myths.shtml

All non-Africans today may have a roughly equal proportion of Neanderthal DNA, but some of the most visible physical traits appear to have been inherited especially by modern Europeans, and northern Europeans in particular. Here is a list of traits that distinguished Neanderthals from Homo sapiens, but that you could also have inherited if you are of European or Western Eurasian descent.

• [*=left]Occipital bun : a protuberance of the occipital bone (back of the head) that looks like a hair knot. You have it if you can feel a rounded bone just above the back of your neck (same height as the ears).
    [*=left]Low, flat, elongated skull : What matters here is especially the 'elongated skull', as opposed to the back of the skull falling almost vertically, like all East Asians, and most Anatolian, Caucasians and Eastern Europeans. Elongated skull are particularly common in Scandinavia, in the British Isles and in Iberia.
    [*=left]Retromolar space posterior to the third molar: i.e. an empty space behind the "wisdom teeth".
    [*=left]Supraorbital torus : protruding eyebrow bone (including big deep eye cavity between the eye and eyebrow).
    [*=left]Bigger, rounder eyes than average.
    [*=left]Broad, projecting nose : angle of the nose bone going more upward than average (not falling straight like a "Greek nose").
    [*=left]Bony projections on the sides of the nasal opening : i.e. nose bone making a "triangle" between the nose and cheeks/orbits.
    [*=left]Little or no protruding chin
    [*=left]Larger mental foramen in mandible for facial blood supply : this means that the side jaw and cheek are bigger or better supplied in blood than average. This increased blood supply could result in the cheeks being red (like blushing) when doing physical exercise or when the weather is cold.
    [*=left]Short, bowed shoulder blades : i.e. shoulder bones curving toward the front more than average.
    [*=left]Large round finger tips : typically "flat" and wide finger tips, especially the thumb (e.g. if your thumb is more than 1.5 cm wide).
    [*=left]Rufosity : i.e. having red hair, or brown hair with red pigments, or natural freckles.
    [*=left]Fair skin, hair and eyes : Neanderthals are believed to have had blue or green eyes, as well as fair skin and light hair. Having spent 300,000 years in northern latitudes, five times longer than Homo sapiens, it is only natural that Neanderthals should have developed these adaptive traits first.

Also, Professor John Hawks, claims in his blog Tuscans have the highest amount of Neanderthal admixture in Europe according to the 1000 genome project. I did some other searches to try to verify the claim further, but came up dry. However, I see you've already tackled this claim : )

Edit: Perhaps Tuscans do have a high amount of Neanderthal cognition though, since it does enlarge the primary visual cortex according to that one study. Perhaps that made them great artists. Though as you pointed out on the first page, the small sample size leaves doubt to the claim.

Wow. I'm thinking Steroids?

I don't know. If that's the culprit, it wasn't worth it!

There are so many so called "reproductions" of Neanderthals. I have no idea which ones might be more accurate.

BgbxAnWIcAAEuul.jpg

neanderthals-interbreeding-humans_19941_990x742.ngsversion.1424457516563.adapt.1900.1.jpg

For a comparison:
Nikolai-Valuev-1.jpg

Insitome Neanderthal Update:

98.2% Modern Human DNA
1.8% Neanderthal DNA

B2Mm4ZW.jpg

I can totally feel THE BEAST creeping up in me every time I'm stuck in traffic. :)

Insitome Neanderthal Update:

98.2% Modern Human DNA
1.8% Neanderthal DNA

B2Mm4ZW.jpg

I can totally feel THE BEAST creeping up in me every time I'm stuck in traffic. :)

Tm5UsME.png

Yeah, mine updated too with the same results.

Though I see I have lost one of my Neanderthal traits for pathogen recognition.

1tg8gT2.png

I recently got my raw data analyzed by impute.me, and they determined this to be my hair pigmentation:
WmntGee.png

Tm5UsME.png

Yeah, mine updated too with the same results.

Though I see I have lost one of my Neanderthal traits for pathogen recognition.

1tg8gT2.png

I recently got my raw data analyzed by impute.me, and they determined this to be my hair pigmentation:
WmntGee.png
The rest of my results:
we both get 1.8 Neanderthal, with Learning and Fat Storage in Common.

We carry the Arctic gene through the Fat Storage, but I still can’t stand the cold. :)

... A genetic shortcut that gave your Arctic ancestors the ability to survive in new, frigid environments ...

9m3q5ZW.jpg

Inherited Neanderthal Traits

Pigmentation Jovialis
What
A unique Neanderthal version of the gene MC1R, associated with fair or red hair and lighter skin.
Why
A genetic variant that became widespread among modern humans because of the advantages it conferred in areas with less sunlight.
How
Interbreeding between modern humans and Neanderthals.

Learning Jovialis&Salento
What
Shared versions of genes associated with visual learning, memory and cognition that suggest similarities in the psychology of modern humans and Neanderthals.
Why
Genetic variation that modern humans share with Neanderthals, inherited from our common ancestors.
How
Genetic variants shared by modern humans and Neanderthals.

Fat Storage J&S
What
The Denisovan (East Asian Neanderthal) mutation in the WARS2 gene that affects fat storage.
Why
A genetic shortcut that gave your Arctic ancestors the ability to survive in new, frigid environments different from their original home on the African savanna.
How
Interbreeding between modern humans and Denisovans.

Pathogen Recognition S
What
Neanderthal versions of genes involved in the innate immune response, the immune system's first line of defense against pathogens.
Why
These genes remain in the human genome today because they gave your modern human ancestors a critical adaptation — defense against newly encountered microorganisms.
How

Viral Immune Response S
What
Neanderthal version of immune system genes adapted to microorganisms in the Eurasian environment.
Why
These genes remain in the human genome today because they gave your ancestors a critical advantage — defense against newly encountered pathogens during their rapid adaptation to life outside of Africa.
How

The new Vindija genome also allowed the researchers to better calculate how much Neandertal DNA different groups of humans outside of Africa have inherited. East Asians, with 2.3%–2.6% of Neandertal DNA, topped people from western Asia and Europe, who had 1.8%–2.4%. Prüfer and his colleagues confirmed that the ancestors of the 122,000-year-old Altai Neandertal had also interbred with H. sapiens in a much earlier encounter that took place more than 130,000 years ago.

https://www.eupedia.com/forum/threa...eandertal-genome-from-Vindija-Cave-in-Croatia

http://science.sciencemag.org/content/358/6363/655

I bet the percentage was updated to reflect newer finding such as this one. The previous results came from before this paper came out, I believe.

@Jovialis from impute.me

ZgUbB9B.jpg

0YmGFYi.jpg

This thread has been viewed 30038 times.

Back