Sex & Gender Women mature 11 years earlier than us men

davef

Princess
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian,Irish,Jewish
Last edited:
haha I knew that we are more mature than men at the same age, but I didn't know it's that much older. I thought 3-4 years earlier only :D

I could accept that. Some of the things on the list have nothing to do with immaturity though.

For example, I never wore pyjamas and I don't but wearing pyjamas (or boxers etc) with cartoons is a choice a mature person can make. It can be a statement of some short.

Society forces women to mature faster. It’s more of an environmental thing rather than biological. People tend to make excuses for boys a lot. “Oh, he’s just a kid...” “Boys will be boys...” etc. Immature behavior in boys is brushed off instead of corrected, so they carry it into adulthood. Women are usually prepped to be grown women (housewives / mothers / caretakers) from childhood. Women are also forced to learn how to defend themselves from predators even before puberty. Most women live in a heightened state of awareness at all times, because we’ve been taught to do so. I’ve often wondered if the reason women tend to be more intuitive and empathetic than men is because we are always survival mode which exercises that sixth sense.

Yah, yah, men are stupid and women are smart. This article is just media click bait. I will point out that sociological studies, like the one this article is based upon, have a terrible replication rate.

wow, I knew that we are more mature than men at the same age, but I didn't know it's that much older. What a surprise)

This thread has been viewed 6933 times.

Back