E-V13 subclades in Greece

I don't know if it can help but my Haplogroup is EV13 (I don't know the subclade though) my name is Grieco and my fatherline is from Sicily (at least two generations are from Sicily don't know about earlier gens.) I guess with such a name it must come from Greece, but from what I have read Italians use to call all the people from across the Adriatic "Greco" (Grieco seems to be an older version of actual Greco.

I don't know if it can help but my Haplogroup is EV13 (I don't know the subclade though) my name is Grieco and my fatherline is from Sicily (at least two generations are from Sicily don't know about earlier gens.) I guess with such a name it must come from Greece, but from what I have read Italians use to call all the people from across the Adriatic "Greco" (Grieco seems to be an older version of actual Greco.

It really comes down to the subclade, because currently I have a good explanation for most of the E-V13 throughout Europe, based on Gava and Eastern Hallstatt for the most part, but Greece is still kind of a mystery. Because Channelled Ware/Gava made it to Greece, it did penetrate its Northern regions, but its definitive impact is hard to estimate. Southern Italy however has little to no connection to the expansion horizons, so it must be from Greek colonists, Thracian settlers-slaves or Balkan resettlement in later periods. To distinguish between these three, we need at best a lot of ancient DNA, and a lot of modern high resolution DNA as well. Like to which people do the Southern Italians primarily link, that's still not clarified, because they seem to have quite an old variation of their own. This might be what remained of some E-V13 Greek subclades, or it could be something different.
So if you can, making BigY or YSeq with an upload to YFULL would be great.

This thread has been viewed 171361 times.

Back