Living DNA results and comparison

I combined the files into Ancestry.com format and removed duplicate positions by chromosome number, keeping the Ancestry values which appear to always be the same except sometimes reversed between the two companies. For example, AT might be TA on the other.

I uploaded the megafile to GEDmatch.

Eurogenes K13 test uses the following number of SNPs for the kits:

Ancestry 172,090
LivingDNA 58,368
Combined 174,761

Therefore the Eurogenes calculator only looks at 2,671 SNPs in the LDNA file that aren't already included in the Ancestry.com file.

Most of the critical locations from the LDNA file are being examined based on the good approximations of ethnicity. That could mean that many of the Ancestry.com (which is almost the exact chip as 23andMe these days) values aren't useful to the Eurogenes calc.

There is a lot of SNP data in the LDNA file that could be utilized in some way. How can we tap this potential?

My new file has 1,127,303 SNPs, which doesn't count the YDNA from either.

There is very little overlap between the two.

HarappaWorld uses the following SNP numbers:

Ancestry 171,383
LDNA 52,203
Combined 174,072

I combined the files into Ancestry.com format and removed duplicate positions by chromosome number, keeping the Ancestry values which appear to always be the same except sometimes reversed between the two companies. For example, AT might be TA on the other.

I uploaded the megafile to GEDmatch.

Eurogenes K13 test uses the following number of SNPs for the kits:

Ancestry 172,090
LivingDNA 58,368
Combined 174,761

Therefore the Eurogenes calculator only looks at 2,671 SNPs in the LDNA file that aren't already included in the Ancestry.com file.

Most of the critical locations from the LDNA file are being examined based on the good approximations of ethnicity. That could mean that many of the Ancestry.com (which is almost the exact chip as 23andMe these days) values aren't useful to the Eurogenes calc.

There is a lot of SNP data in the LDNA file that could be utilized in some way. How can we tap this potential?
You combined the ancestry file with the living DNA one? Sorry didn't get that, I'm not as gifted as you in these things. So in the end you've gotten gedmatch to read even more snps than it did before with just the ancestry or living DNA file, amazing work.

I understand now, so it's gedmatch which needs to update. Well that's most likely going to take a while.

Last edited:
You are right about ldna seeming to test more important snps.

With my ancestry file I always seem to score very high north western euro percentages. Though I would score significantly higher eastern euro percentages than people who I knew where half British/American and half eastern euro. I almost always scored the same or higher western euro results as them as well which always made no sense to me. A half Hungarian /half British guy I know almost always scores the same or lower north west euro as me. With my new ldna kit the results seem to make more sense.

Here is dodecad v3 with ancestry

East_European22.70
West_European46.50
Mediterranean20.96
Neo_African-    
West_Asian6.66
South_Asian-   Northeast_Asian0.49
Southeast_Asian0.68
East_African0.36
Southwest_Asian1.47
Northwest_African0.19Palaeo_African-    

Here is with living

East_European23.00
West_European43.70
Mediterranean21.35
Neo_African-  
West_Asian6.58
South_Asian-    Northeast_Asian0.29
Southeast_Asian1.65
East_African-   Southwest_Asian3.43
Northwest_African-    Palaeo_African-    

The Oracle for Ldna also has me at being 76% Hungarian and 24 % Norwegian.

Way closer to my actual make up

Sent from my KIW-L21 using Tapatalk

First I would like to say hello here, since this is my very first post on this forum. I have a question if someone would be so kind to answer. Yesterday I've recieved my DNA results from Living DNA and I only got the main Y HG (E-V13). Could you please direct me somewhere where I can find some further details, like subclade, Neanderthal mix, etc.? Where can I upload my raw data from Living DNA to have more info about my ancestry? Thanks.

First I would like to say hello here, since this is my very first post on this forum. I have a question if someone would be so kind to answer. Yesterday I've recieved my DNA results from Living DNA and I only got the main Y HG (E-V13). Could you please direct me somewhere where I can find some further details, like subclade, Neanderthal mix, etc.? Where can I upload my raw data from Living DNA to have more info about my ancestry? Thanks.
You can upload to GEDmatch.com. I don't know about neanderthal variants, that is a 23andMe thing.

Further detail on your Y can be found through additional testing at FTDNA or YSEQ.

Sent from my XT1080 using Eupedia Forum mobile app

Thank you for your response. I've uploaded something yesterday to GEDmatch, it seems that they need 2 days for the calculation. Regarding FTDNA, just to be sure, did you mean the "National Geographic Genographic Project Tranfsers" section which is for free? Sorry, I'm relatively new to this and I've spend a lot of time googleing and downloading calculators without coming much further. Thanks.

Thank you for your response. I've uploaded something yesterday to GEDmatch, it seems that they need 2 days for the calculation. Regarding FTDNA, just to be sure, did you mean the "National Geographic Genographic Project Tranfsers" section which is for free? Sorry, I'm relatively new to this and I've spend a lot of time googleing and downloading calculators without coming much further. Thanks.
FTDNA and YSEQ are paid services for deep level Y testing. You can upload to www.myheritage.com even though I don't think their results are accurate.

Great, thanks!

Odd that France is not broken down into regions like Italy. Someone from southwest France should score differently than northeast France. I wonder what area and what samples they are using for their “French” region? I hope it’s not as useless as the French region in the Eurogenes k36 algorithm.

Results for 50% French Canadian and 50% Wallonia Belgian.

Great Britain and Ireland: 63.6%
France: 14.4%
Iberian Peninsula 9.5%
South Italy 8.3%
West Balkans 4.1%

I finally had my 100% Tyrrhenian Calabrese father tested, but opted for Living DNA rather than Ancestry for his test. He has a surprisingly high percentage of Arabian ancestry, at least on this test. I scored 1% Egyptian on Ancestry. In any case, the Arabian seems to indicate Saracen ancestry.

Southern Italy = 54.4%
Cyprus = 12.2%
South Caucasus = 24.7%
Arabia = 6.2%
Levant = 1.4%
North Africa = 1.1%

His paternal haplogroup confirmed mine, G2a-Z1903 -- goes back to at least Early Bronze Age in Sicily (leading Sicanian haplogroup) . His mtDNA is H5f.

Screenshot-2023-01-20-at-08-18-28-My-Living-DNA.png

This thread has been viewed 22460 times.

Back