Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35

Thread: child birth control and overpopulation

  1. #1
    Regular Member Yetos's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-10-11
    Location
    Makedonia
    Posts
    5,816

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a3a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2b

    Ethnic group
    Makedonian original
    Country: Greece



    child birth control and overpopulation



    I am posting this link

    http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20..._136486301.htm

    65 % of Egyptians families have 9 kids
    62% of Egyptian women are uneducated,

    china became rich enough by industry, but mainly by birth control
    India also,
    Egypt, the most populated today country in Africa and Near-Middle East
    is reaching tremendous raise of population,
    I wonder what is going on there,

    they keep women uneducated (62%)
    and bear kids to a number that only rabbits do,

    Egypt soon will overpass 100 000 000 people
    the continuing rate of birth is bringing poverty and only poverty.
    soon will colapse by riots and terrorism, due to poverty,
    and another migration wave will reach Europe.

    any thoughts what causes such phenomena?

    I wonder, is it time after China and India
    birth control to be expand in other countries too?
    ΟΘΕΝ ΑΙΔΩΣ OY EINAI
    ΑΤΗ ΛΑΜΒΑΝΕΙΝ ΑΥΤΟΙΣ
    ΥΒΡΙΣ ΓΕΝΝΑΤΑΙ
    ΝΕΜΕΣΙΣ ΚΑΙ ΤΙΣΗ ΑΚΟΛΟΥΘΟΥΣΙ ΔΕ

    When there is no shame
    Divine blindness conquers them
    Hybris (abuse, opprombium) is born
    Nemesis and punishment follows.

    Εχε υπομονη Ηρωα
    Η τιμωρια δεν αργει.

  2. #2
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    18,715


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by Yetos View Post
    I am posting this link

    http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20..._136486301.htm

    65 % of Egyptians families have 9 kids
    62% of Egyptian women are uneducated,

    china became rich enough by industry, but mainly by birth control
    India also,
    Egypt, the most populated today country in Africa and Near-Middle East
    is reaching tremendous raise of population,
    I wonder what is going on there,

    they keep women uneducated (62%)
    and bear kids to a number that only rabbits do,

    Egypt soon will overpass 100 000 000 people
    the continuing rate of birth is bringing poverty and only poverty.
    soon will colapse by riots and terrorism, due to poverty,
    and another migration wave will reach Europe.

    any thoughts what causes such phenomena?

    I wonder, is it time after China and India
    birth control to be expand in other countries too?
    In China there were really harsh penalties for having more than one child, and I think there was a lot of coercion in India too. I'm not in favor of those kinds of methods, but there has to be either a government policy in favor of birth control or the culture itself has to change. In Egypt neither of those things is happening.


    Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

  3. #3
    Advisor bicicleur's Avatar
    Join Date
    27-01-13
    Location
    Zwevegem, Belgium
    Posts
    5,731


    Country: Belgium - Flanders



    what birth control do they have in India?

  4. #4
    Regular Member Diomedes's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-04-17
    Posts
    239


    Ethnic group
    Greek
    Country: Greece



    Africa is pretty much doomed in terms of population. The are rapidly reaching the point of no return. Of course, nature is able to find an equilibrium.

  5. #5
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    18,715


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by bicicleur View Post
    what birth control do they have in India?
    They have traditionally pushed sterilization, and, of course, being India, they targeted women, when male sterilization is a much less invasive and dangerous procedure. It's the same old story. There's a racial/ethnic aspect to it as well, with the tribal groups and lower castes being especially targeted.

    "More than 50 health workers told Human Rights Watch that district and sub-district authorities assigned individual yearly targets for contraceptives, with a heavy focus on female sterilization. Almost all said that their supervisors or other higher-ups threatened them with adverse consequences if they did not achieve their targets.These included threats to withhold or reduce salary, negative performance assessment, or suspension and dismissals. In one case, a health worker reported that she was asked to falsify records to show she had met targets or else she would be reported for poor performance. One women’s rights organization that has more than a decade of experience working with community health workers in various parts of Gujarat confirmed that state and district health authorities have consistently set such targets and threatened health workers."

    https://www.hrw.org/news/2012/07/12/...-harming-women

    I've been reading about this for decades.


  6. #6
    Advisor bicicleur's Avatar
    Join Date
    27-01-13
    Location
    Zwevegem, Belgium
    Posts
    5,731


    Country: Belgium - Flanders



    oh yes, I remember
    they told you shouldn't lose your conscience when you're in India, otherwise you'd wake up in the hospital, sterilised

    in the west the problem is not high birth rate, it is low death rates
    they all live to long

    we definitely need a few planets to colonize

  7. #7
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    18,715


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by bicicleur View Post
    oh yes, I remember
    they told you shouldn't lose your conscience when you're in India, otherwise you'd wake up in the hospital, sterilised

    in the west the problem is not high birth rate, it is low death rates
    they all live to long

    we definitely need a few planets to colonize
    Well, I'm not volunteering to go before my time, thank you very much! :)

    Seriously, I do think we need to colonize the planets. Elon Musk is still going ahead with his plans for Mars, isn't he?

  8. #8
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,293

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by Diomedes View Post
    Africa is pretty much doomed in terms of population. The are rapidly reaching the point of no return. Of course, nature is able to find an equilibrium.
    I'm not saying I'm happy with many nations still multiplying fast, but perhaps we should start criticizing ourselves first. Here is a population density map.


    Europe population density is more than twice that of Africa. When did Europe crossed point of no return? Never mind China and India, each having more people that whole Africa!
    Be wary of people who tend to glorify the past, underestimate the present, and demonize the future.

  9. #9
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,293

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by Yetos View Post
    I am posting this link

    http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20..._136486301.htm

    65 % of Egyptians families have 9 kids
    62% of Egyptian women are uneducated,

    china became rich enough by industry, but mainly by birth control
    India also,
    Egypt, the most populated today country in Africa and Near-Middle East
    is reaching tremendous raise of population,
    I wonder what is going on there,
    I'm glad that they see it as a problem.

    they keep women uneducated (62%)
    and bear kids to a number that only rabbits do,
    It comes so easily for you to compare others to animals, others that you don't like. Go back 200 years and most families in Europe where making 10 kids each. Though in old days half of them died before reaching 18 yo.


    Egypt soon will overpass 100 000 000 people
    the continuing rate of birth is bringing poverty and only poverty.
    soon will colapse by riots and terrorism, due to poverty,
    and another migration wave will reach Europe.
    Why did you singled out Egypt and not Nigeria of South Africa? I'm sure you are feeling existential danger from so many Muslims close to Christian Greece. Right?

  10. #10
    Advisor bicicleur's Avatar
    Join Date
    27-01-13
    Location
    Zwevegem, Belgium
    Posts
    5,731


    Country: Belgium - Flanders



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    I'm not saying I'm happy with many nations still multiplying fast, but perhaps we should start criticizing ourselves first. Here is a population density map.


    Europe population density is more than twice that of Africa. When did Europe crossed point of no return? Never mind China and India, each having more people that whole Africa!
    you know, your reasoning is a good argument for Europe to ban all immigrants, especially from Africa

  11. #11
    Advisor bicicleur's Avatar
    Join Date
    27-01-13
    Location
    Zwevegem, Belgium
    Posts
    5,731


    Country: Belgium - Flanders



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Well, I'm not volunteering to go before my time, thank you very much! :)

    Seriously, I do think we need to colonize the planets. Elon Musk is still going ahead with his plans for Mars, isn't he?
    we may be visiting Mars soon
    but it will be a long time before we can settle and colonise Mars or other planets
    there are plans to alter the Mars atmosphere, but that is a process that would take a few centuries

    but it simply is human nature to explore and colonise other places
    it will happen some day

  12. #12
    Regular Member Yetos's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-10-11
    Location
    Makedonia
    Posts
    5,816

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a3a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2b

    Ethnic group
    Makedonian original
    Country: Greece



    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    I'm glad that they see it as a problem.

    It comes so easily for you to compare others to animals, others that you don't like. Go back 200 years and most families in Europe where making 10 kids each. Though in old days half of them died before reaching 18 yo.

    Why did you singled out Egypt and not Nigeria of South Africa? I'm sure you are feeling existential danger from so many Muslims close to Christian Greece. Right?
    well
    in my country the woman that makes more than 4 kids we call her rabbit,
    and I do not know which is the healthiest number of kids for a woman, but 9 is big enough.
    especially when 65% of a women in country,
    as for Europe,
    since 1850 I know my family they made max 5 kids,
    usually 4 and if 1 died as child made a 5fth,
    and that was in era that possibilities of dying a kid were big enough, multiple than today
    they could die even by an influenza,
    when doctors were 1/4 than today
    ususally made 4-6 so live the 2-4


    as for second comment,
    I read it yesterday, on Greek news,
    and surely scare me,
    cause if a modern Western makes 1-3 kids due to crisis
    a theoritacally a poorer country which also is in crisis makes 9,
    then something else is going on, call it global conspiracy, or whatever you like

    as Egypt or Nigeria,
    it happened to be about Egypt,
    stop seeing conspiracies about everything,

  13. #13
    Regular Member Diomedes's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-04-17
    Posts
    239


    Ethnic group
    Greek
    Country: Greece



    By 2100 Africa is projected to reach 4 billion and I am not sure if they will be able to feed themselves. You should increase in numbers when you can afford it and Yuros(sic) can.

    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    I'm not saying I'm happy with many nations still multiplying fast, but perhaps we should start criticizing ourselves first. Here is a population density map.


    Europe population density is more than twice that of Africa. When did Europe crossed point of no return? Never mind China and India, each having more people that whole Africa!

  14. #14
    Regular Member Diomedes's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-04-17
    Posts
    239


    Ethnic group
    Greek
    Country: Greece



    Plus, the gray color in Africa is plain desert.

  15. #15
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,293

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by Diomedes View Post
    By 2100 Africa is projected to reach 4 billion and I am not sure if they will be able to feed themselves. You should increase in numbers when you can afford it and Yuros(sic) can.
    Predictions are from 2 to 4 billion. The main reason behind increasing numbers is that they can afford. GDP of Africa is growing rather quickly. Surely there is international help in drastic cases, but generally speaking they grow and buy their own food. Numbers will slow down with economic development. It is always the case.

  16. #16
    Regular Member Yetos's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-10-11
    Location
    Makedonia
    Posts
    5,816

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a3a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2b

    Ethnic group
    Makedonian original
    Country: Greece



    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    Predictions are from 2 to 4 billion. The main reason behind increasing numbers is that they can afford. GDP of Africa is growing rather quickly. Surely there is international help in drastic cases, but generally speaking they grow and buy their own food. Numbers will slow down with economic development. It is always the case.
    Same with Arab Spring?

  17. #17
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,293

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by Yetos View Post
    Same with Arab Spring?
    Right, I think you should teach them how to run proper economy. ;)

  18. #18
    Regular Member Yetos's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-10-11
    Location
    Makedonia
    Posts
    5,816

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a3a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2b

    Ethnic group
    Makedonian original
    Country: Greece



    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    Right, I think you should teach them how to run proper economy. ;)
    teach who?

    the one who knows all?
    or the one who believes school is not for women?

  19. #19
    Princess davef's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-06-16
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,235


    Ethnic group
    Italian,Irish,Jewish
    Country: USA - New York



    There's no way I'm living on mars! What's wrong with earth? The idea of colonizing other planets is stupid. Why not take care of this planet instead of building more polluting power plants?

    I mean its sweet that we can build like, spaceships that can move at the speed of light and stuff and leave the earth, but we should be practical. Lol

  20. #20
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,293

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by Yetos View Post
    teach who?

    the one who knows all?
    or the one who believes school is not for women?
    Like in Europe 200 years ago. So your solution is to be afraid of them, ridicule them and isolate them? This way they might never change their attitude and culture. Isn't it better to treat them like "your neighbor", teach them better ways of equality and inclusiveness, and facilitate the change?
    Stop being so afraid of the others: the Albanians, Turks, Muslims, Slavs, rich people, FBI, EU, Germans, all "conspiracies" against Greeks, you name them, etc Can't you see you are making your phobias and enemies?

  21. #21
    Regular Member Yetos's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-10-11
    Location
    Makedonia
    Posts
    5,816

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a3a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2b

    Ethnic group
    Makedonian original
    Country: Greece



    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    Like in Europe 200 years ago. So your solution is to be afraid of them, ridicule them and isolate them? This way they might never change their attitude and culture. Isn't it better to treat them like "your neighbor", teach them better ways of equality and inclusiveness, and facilitate the change?
    Stop being so afraid of the others: the Albanians, Turks, Muslims, Slavs, rich people, FBI, EU, Germans, all "conspiracies" against Greeks, you name them, etc Can't you see you are making your phobias and enemies?
    Correct my friend,
    Correct like 2000 years ago,

    some made Antikythera mechanism,
    and some stone scientists in the name of God,
    some invented the mechanical computer,
    and some others slain them as magicians in the name of God.

    time humanity to live it again.
    don't you think?

    what you forget?
    you can not teach the one who is already 'teached'!!!!!

    we needed 2000 years so james Watt reinvent the steam power of Heron of Alexandreia and make steam engine
    and 2000 years so Guildin find mathetichian Παππος ο Αλεξανδρευς,

    I wonder,
    If you lived that era, what would you say?

  22. #22
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,293

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by Yetos View Post
    Correct my friend,
    Correct like 2000 years ago,

    some made Antikythera mechanism,
    and some stone scientists in the name of God,
    some invented the mechanical computer,
    and some others slain them as magicians in the name of God.

    time humanity to live it again.
    don't you think?

    what you forget?
    you can not teach the one who is already 'teached'!!!!!

    we needed 2000 years so james Watt reinvent the steam power of Heron of Alexandreia and make steam engine
    and 2000 years so Guildin find mathetichian Παππος ο Αλεξανδρευς,

    I wonder,
    If you lived that era, what would you say?
    Yetos, you are talking about sporadic situation when women got educated in ancient times, very sporadic, and often had to pretend to be a man. Notice that, we also have highly educated Muslim women today, though conservative islam discourages it. Can you stop exaggerating, in excites phobia.

  23. #23
    Regular Member Yetos's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-10-11
    Location
    Makedonia
    Posts
    5,816

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a3a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2b

    Ethnic group
    Makedonian original
    Country: Greece



    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    Yetos, you are talking about sporadic situation when women got educated in ancient times, very sporadic, and often had to pretend to be a man. Notice that, we also have highly educated Muslim women today, though conservative islam discourages it. Can you stop exaggerating, in excites phobia.

    Le Brok it was not only Hypateia,

    but you still did not answer me,

    What would you say if for example, you were there when Ephessos Bibliotheque was on fire?

    History is about to repeat

  24. #24
    Advisor bicicleur's Avatar
    Join Date
    27-01-13
    Location
    Zwevegem, Belgium
    Posts
    5,731


    Country: Belgium - Flanders



    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    Like in Europe 200 years ago. So your solution is to be afraid of them, ridicule them and isolate them? This way they might never change their attitude and culture. Isn't it better to treat them like "your neighbor", teach them better ways of equality and inclusiveness, and facilitate the change?
    Stop being so afraid of the others: the Albanians, Turks, Muslims, Slavs, rich people, FBI, EU, Germans, all "conspiracies" against Greeks, you name them, etc Can't you see you are making your phobias and enemies?
    Do you genuinely believe they'll listen to you above their own beloved wholy book and leaders?

    If the whether is bad, you might as well educate the clouds to move away ..

  25. #25
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,293

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by bicicleur View Post
    Do you genuinely believe they'll listen to you above their own beloved wholy book and leaders?

    If the whether is bad, you might as well educate the clouds to move away ..
    Get off your racist horse and try to see people on the other side. Say out loud for all to hear, what you think about all Muslims. Are still afraid? Stop hiding.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •