Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 120 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120
Results 2,976 to 2,978 of 2978

Thread: Genetic Origins of Minoans and Mycenaeans

Ethnic group
    Peloponnese/Central Greece

Quote Originally Posted by matadworf View Post
    A lot of folks want to claim some sort of affinity with the Ancient Greeks but I do think genetically Southern Italians and Eastern Aegean Greek Islanders are the closest. I'm a mainland Greek with deep roots in the Peloponnese but from my observations of various models (G25) I find to have a closer genetic link to Illyrians (usually the biggest component) and/or other Paleo-Balkanites than the heavier CHG, decreased Steppe ancient pops.
    If Iron age Greeks turn out log_2 like I think your close affinity with illyrians is going to be replaced by these samples. Also I believe that when we get ancient Macedonians and epirotans mainland Greeks are going to be really close genetically to them

Quote Originally Posted by Bill7 View Post
    If Iron age Greeks turn out log_2 like I think your close affinity with illyrians is going to be replaced by these samples. Also I believe that when we get ancient Macedonians and epirotans mainland Greeks are going to be really close genetically to them
    This. It's also interesting that on 23andMe these days I notice many Balkanites getting Peloponnesian as part of their Ancestry.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13

Quote Originally Posted by Constantine View Post
    This. It's also interesting that on 23andMe these days I notice many Balkanites getting Peloponnesian as part of their Ancestry.
    I think 23andme autosomal breakdown model is a bit skewed. Notice, i said model, they can improve that a lot though.