Nikola Tesla was not I2a but R1a

Nikola Tesla was not of Croatian origin.

Father of Nikola Tesla was Milutin Tesla and he was Orthodox priest [video]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Tesla#Early_years[/video]

Milutin is pure Serbian name, Serbian king from middle age was Milutin [video]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stefan_Milutin[/video]

Deal with it.

Then I assume that Hannibal Lecter is probably Carthaginian?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hannibal_Lecter

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hannibal

Hannibal Lecter is fictional person which have nothing to do with Carthaginians.
Unlike Hannibal Lecter Mulutin Tesla was real person of same nationality as king Milutin.

If Tesla was Croatian his father should be Krešimir, Domagoj or Tomislav, and not Milutin same as Serbian king.

OK, if Mr. Lecter wasn’t good example, let’s take the name Tomislav for instance which is quite popular in Serbia. Tomislav was Croatian king. Does it mean that the Serbs with that name are actually Croats?

It is true that Serbian churches are full of portraits of Serbian medieval lords. Among them is Milutin as this fresco shows:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Milutinst.jpg

What could one expect of an average believer of Serbian Church then to name his children after these people? However, that has nothing to do with the religion, ethnicity or genetics of their ancestors.

Tesla himself put an end to the debate in 1936, when he sent a telegram to Croatian politician Vlatko Macek, that read:

"Thank you very much for your much-appreciated greetings and honors, I am equally proud of my Serb origin and my Croat homeland. Long live all Yugoslavs."

Tesla himself put an end to the debate in 1936, when he sent a telegram to Croatian politician Vlatko Macek, that read: "Thank you very much for your much-appreciated greetings and honors, I am equally proud of my Serb origin and my Croat homeland. Long live all Yugoslavs."

These were not his own words but Maček's.

Tesla only politely confirmed. Some words are not properly translated to English. The Croatian word "rod" means kin, not origin. The sentence reflects the knowledge and ideas of its time. It was already a period of Yugoslavia when a process of national identification of the Croatian Orthodox believers as Serbs was already finished. A public perception was that they all were Serbs by the ethnicity.

However, we speak here about the older origin which could had been different.

Edit: We'd like to see what is written about it in Tesla's secret diary which is hold in Belgrade.

These were not his own words but Maček's.

Tesla only politely confirmed. Some words are not properly translated to English. The Croatian word "rod" means kin, not origin. The sentence reflects the knowledge and ideas of its time. It was already a period of Yugoslavia when a process of national identification of the Croatian Orthodox believers as Serbs was already finished. A public perception was that they all were Serbs by the ethnicity.

However, we speak here about the older origin which could had been different.

Edit: We'd like to see what is written about it in Tesla's secret diary which is hold in Belgrade.

Well, his earliest ancestor was from Northwest Macedonia right? So, chances are his earliest known ancestor was a Bulgarian, Vlach, or Serb. His mother was Croatian, no? So, he is at least 50/50. What seems to be the issue of dispute between the two of you?

Well, his earliest ancestor was from Northwest Macedonia right? So, chances are his earliest known ancestor was a Bulgarian, Vlach, or Serb. His mother was Croatian, no? So, he is at least 50/50. What seems to be the issue of dispute between the two of you?

His ancestors were not from Macedonia, his earlieast ancestors were from Raška (Sandžak) which is the heart of Serbian medieval state.

His morther were not Croatian.

Only rellation of Tesla with Croatians is that because his was born on the territory of modern Croatia, but there was no Croatia when he was born, Croatia is created in year 1991 and Tesla was born 1856 (Tesla is 135 years older than Croatia).

Tesla was born in Austrian Empire (Millitary Frontier) and not in Croatia.

Where did you get that? The ancestral surname of Tesla is Draganić. The Draganićs are first mentioned early as in the 14th century as Croatian nobility in the chronicles of city Šibenik. Tesla's ancestors came to Lika from Dalmatia. That fits.

http://plemstvo.hr/obitelji/draganicvrancic

According to unpublished Tesla's diary, one of the family branches, Tesla's ancestors, converted from Catholicism to Orthodox Christianity, That is why they later declared themselves as Serbs.

His ancestors were not from Macedonia, his earlieast ancestors were from Raška (Sandžak) which is the heart of Serbian medieval state.

His morther were not Croatian.

Only rellation of Tesla with Croatians is that because his was born on the territory of modern Croatia, but there was no Croatia when he was born, Croatia is created in year 1991 and Tesla was born 1856 (Tesla is 135 years older than Croatia).

Maybe his descent is recently from Sandzak. However, per what I have read, and discussed with other Serbs, his earliest paternal ancestor(like around the time of the Ottoman Empire) was supposedly surnamed Draganic or Dragic, and was from Northwest Macedonia. If his earliest ancestor was from there, his origin is likely Vlach, Bulgarian or Serb. Given his Y-DNA being more predominant in R1a Bulgarians Macedonians, maybe this is where it came from? It would depend i guess on the terminal SNP of the family member of his tested. Regardless of it being called the Austro-Hungarian Empire, per his biography and every accepted record I have read, he was born in Lika, Croatia, which was then part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire.

Where did you get that? The ancestral surname of Tesla is Draganić. The Draganićs are first mentioned early as in the 14th century as Croatian nobility in the chronicles of city Šibenik. Tesla's ancestors came to Lika from Dalmatia. That fits.

http://plemstvo.hr/obitelji/draganicvrancic

According to unpublished Tesla's diary, one of the family branches, Tesla's ancestors, converted from Catholicism to Orthodox Christianity, That is why they later declared themselves as Serbs.

Not certain. This information (with regards to northwest macedonia origin) was in a forum

Makes sense. M458-L1029 is practically non-existent/negligible among Serbs. M458 in the Balkans seems most common in Bulgarians, Macedonians, Croatians and Northern Greeks.

Where are the records?

Don't be silly. The territory we are talking about is the heart of the Croatian medieval state. What difference does it make if it was used as a military frontier against Turks? How can you say that it was not Croatia?

Use the same standards when talk about Serbia. Serbia literaly didn't exist for 400 years, after Turks stormed it. Take a look at your own sentence on the top of this post...

Nikola Tesla was born an ethnic Serb in village Smiljan , Lika country, in the Austrian Empire (present day Croatia), on the 10 July.
His father, Milutin Tesla (1819-1879), was and Orthodox priest [video]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Tesla#Early_years[/video]

Yes, we know that Croatia was a part of Hapsburg Empire. ^ ^ ^

I am just telling you to use same standards when you speak about Serbia. You said that Tesla's ancestors came from Sanjak. Yes, that was the part of Turkish Empire at the time. Wasn't it?

Or do you think that the text "Serbia" was written in their passports?

Nikola Tesla was greater scientist and it is good to see he is respected on this forum.

Tesla’s father Milutin was Serbian Orthodox priest. Tesla’s mother Georgina was from Serbian Orthodox family too, her father Nikola Mandic was Serbian Orthodox priest and her grandfather, too.

One of informative website of Tesla is website of The Tesla Science Foundation, in Narberth, Pennsilvania, USA.
http://teslasciencefoundation.org/who-was-nikola-tesla/

^^ Absolutely. Every nation would like to "have it". It is sad that Serbian cultural institution Matica Srpska didn't recognize him:

1878. MATICA SRPSKA IN NOVI SAD REJECTS APPLICATION FOR STIPENDIUM
Matica Srpska had already rejected his first application, submitted on October 14, 1876. In his new application to the “celebrated Matica Srpska”, he asked for a stipendium to complete “engineering studies” in Vienna or Prague, but was refused a second time. Apparently he did not regard this as a slight from the oldest and most highly-regarded Serbian cultural, literary and scientific institution because, as a world-famous scientist, he became a member in 1902.

I'd realy like to know the reasons why they rejected him...

@Garrick, thank you for this precious link!

@ Wonomyro

You are declared half-Gypsy and in the same time you're Croatian natinalist, I never before heard for such something. LOL

My point is that Tesla was not Croatian origin, there is no evidence for that.

Tesla had Serbian national consciousness and that is the most important (he was of real Serbian origin), deal with it.

@Bachus,

I am not more nationalist that you. I would say less.

My point is that Tesla is not Serbian. His connections with Serbia is fantasy. His roots and the family ancestry is in Croatia. His Serb identity is due to confessional and cultural reasons. We are talking here about genetic origin. Dont we? That has nothing to do with the cultural labels. Therefore the last thing we need here are some fake ancestries invented by nationalists for building the national self-esteem.

@Bachus,

I am not more nationalist that you. I would say less.

My point is that Tesla is not Serbian. His connections with Serbia is fantasy. His roots and the family ancestry is in Croatia. His Serb identity is due to confessional and cultural reasons. We are talking here about genetic origin. Dont we? That has nothing to do with the cultural labels. Therefore the last thing we need here are some fake ancestries invented by nationalists for building the national self-esteem.

Of course that we talking about genetic origin, and haplogroup R1a-M458 is more typical for eastern than for western Balkkans, almost all Croatian R1a is Z280 (Carpathian-Dalmatian branch).

Of course that we talking about genetic origin, and haplogroup R1a-M458 is more typical for eastern than for western Balkkans, almost all Croatian R1a is Z280 (Carpathian-Dalmatian branch).

There are plenty of R1a-458 in Croatia as well. Some north Adriatic islands (Cres e.g.) has it 50% of all R1a.

How many in Serbia?

There are plenty of R1a-458 in Croatia as well. Some north Adriatic islands (Cres e.g.) has it 50% of all R1a.

How many in Serbia?

Northern Adriatic islands has R1a-Z280 (Carpathian-Dalmatian branch), not R1a-M458.

About Serbian R1a-M458 you can see here [video]https://dnk.poreklo.rs/tabela-pojedinacne-grupe/?grp-filter=R1a[/video]

Kirgyzs have 65% R1a which is more than Russians and Poles, according to your logic Tesla is of Kyrgyzian origin!?

This thread has been viewed 90080 times.

Back