Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Nikola Tesla was not I2a but R1a

Regular Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Overall activity: 1.0%

According to Tesla Society in New York, Nikola Tesla and Ivan Mestrovic became friends in 1924.
    Ivan Mestrovic is the great Croatian sculptor who contributed so much outstanding art to America, Croatia, and Serbia. I like his sculptures in United Nations (NY) and Chicago.
    Mestrovic's enormous talent and creativity are probably more related to his autosomal DNA as oppose to Y-DNA haplogroups. So what do we know about any of his DNA?

I would like to start a new thread but do not know how. Could one of you help?

Level

I was talking about Tesla Society so here is the link http://www.teslasociety.com/ivan.htm
    You should all know Mestrovic https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Me%C5%A1trovi%C4%87

Enfant Terrible Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 60
    Overall activity: 35.0%

1 members found this post helpful.
    There is a button on the top-left side. You must go one level up where the list of threads is displayed.

Level

Thanks Wonomyro, going one level up was the key.

1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 118
    Overall activity: 0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a => L42 => YSC33
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5a1b1

Ethnic group
    Turkish-Bosnian

Firstly, if Tesla was alive and reading this forum, as someone who championed Yugoslav identity and unity, I am sure he would be disgusted. Secondly as far as I know a Y-DNA haplogroup comprises only 1-2 % of DNA, so just looking at Y-Haplogroup is not very meaningful.
    Thirdly, this type of discussion is absurd especially in a genetics forum where you are all trying to find out about your ancestors, which was in most likelihood common if we go back at most 1000 years.

Level

Quote Originally Posted by zagortenay View Post
    Firstly, if Tesla was alive and reading this forum, as someone who championed Yugoslav identity and unity,
    His friend Ivan Meštrović as well, but later disappointed.

I am sure he would be disgusted.
    Maybe not. He liked popularity.

Secondly as far as I know a Y-DNA haplogroup comprises only 1-2 % of DNA, so just looking at Y-Haplogroup is not very meaningful.
    Not meaningful for what?

Thirdly, this type of discussion is absurd especially in a genetics forum where you are all trying to find out about your ancestors, which was in most likelihood common if we go back at most 1000 years.
    Of course, we should avoid politics and ideologies here.

Level

Hi Wonomyro, you asked a good question earlier, and I cut you off (unintentionally) with my Mestrovic interest. Your question made me think that I did not understand the text and test data of Poreklo.rs very well. Using a name like "Serbian DNA Project" may sound buyest and is an unfortunate choice of words. We may soon see Croation DNA Project, which I would also like. Please make it more readable in other languages and DNA data easier to find.

Here is Google translation that describes what I am trying to say http://dnk.poreklo.rs/o-srpskom-dnk-projektu/?lang=lat

"This means that individuals within the Serbian DNA project are not Serbs but Serbs share the same space and history as well as similar genetics. The project is therefore open to all people from Serbia and the surrounding countries, and therefore we invite you to send your genetic results, as well as familiar information about the history of your family (place of origin, royal glory ...). The aim of the project is to decipher the secrets of the majority of Serbian genres and surnames by means of genetics, as well as to learn more about our total history."

If I understand that correctly, and you can read it in the original language, some people tested are not Serbian. At least not in the way of your confusing, changing (addressing both sides) ethnic definition. It is clear with Macura/Marinkovic family (you will find them in I1-Z63) that some of them are not Serbian today.

Bachus or others, could you confirm that?

We discussed ethnicity and Y-DNA very problematic correlation if any really exists (in my humble opinion). I hope I am not opening another C-S war of words here. Please be respectful.

1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Overall activity: 8.0%

Quote Originally Posted by Zvrk9 View Post
    Hi Wonomyro, you asked a good question earlier, and I cut you off (unintentionally) with my Mestrovic interest. Your question made me think that I did not understand the text and test data of Poreklo.rs very well. Using a name like "Serbian DNA Project" may sound buyest and is an unfortunate choice of words. We may soon see Croation DNA Project, which I would also like. Please make it more readable in other languages and DNA data easier to find.

Here is Google translation that describes what I am trying to say http://dnk.poreklo.rs/o-srpskom-dnk-projektu/?lang=lat

"This means that individuals within the Serbian DNA project are not Serbs but Serbs share the same space and history as well as similar genetics. The project is therefore open to all people from Serbia and the surrounding countries, and therefore we invite you to send your genetic results, as well as familiar information about the history of your family (place of origin, royal glory ...). The aim of the project is to decipher the secrets of the majority of Serbian genres and surnames by means of genetics, as well as to learn more about our total history."

If I understand that correctly, and you can read it in the original language, some people tested are not Serbian. At least not in the way of your confusing, changing (addressing both sides) ethnic definition. It is clear with Macura/Marinkovic family (you will find them in I1-Z63) that some of them are not Serbian today.

Bachus or others, could you confirm that?

We discussed ethnicity and Y-DNA very problematic correlation if any really exists (in my humble opinion). I hope I am not opening another C-S war of words here. Please be respectful.
    More that 95% people which tested on "Serbian DNA project" are ethic Serbs, rest are Croatians, Bosniaks and few Macedonians.

People which are I1-Z63 at SDK are all Serbs, except maybe guy with surname Pukić (Пукић) who is Catholic from Bar in Montenegro, I'm supose that he declared self as Croatian or as Montenegrin.

Pukić does not belong to Macura cluster of I1-Z63, all people which belong to Macura cluster og Z63 at SDK are Orthodox Serbs.
    Marinković belong to Macura cluster, he is Orthodox Serb from northern Dalmatia from Tribanj https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribanj
    Macure are originally Serbian Ortodox clan from northern Dalmatia from Kistanje https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kistanje

Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 341

Ethnic group
    Croatian

The aim of the project is to decipher the secrets of the majority of Serbian genres and surnames by means of genetics, as well as to learn more about our total history.

Representatives of Serbian genetic portal Poreklo go to the region and keep lectures about so-called Serbian I2a haplogrup, they say that original Croats are somewhere in Istria and in the north of Croatia. I as a Croat would not have a problem with that if they prove it.

Therefore they can not prove it and obviously they do it by lying, for this reason I do not recommend using this portal for evidence except for statistics.

Invite them to refute my truth Nobody will come.

Level

Level

I am trying to understand what you meant. You probably reacted on this:

Quote Originally Posted by Wonomyro View Post
    When I looked at their interpretation of Tesla's origin I can only say that there is something really fishy there. Then when I found Croat Ruger Bošković on the list of Serbs than I was definitely convinced that data coming from that site is not credible.
    Ruđer Bošković was a Croatian scientists from Dubrovnik. He lived in 18th century and he was never tested at Poreklo or Serbian DNK project.

Roger Joseph Boscovich (Croatian: Ruđer Josip Bošković, pronounced [rûd͡ʑer jǒsip bôʃkoʋit͡ɕ], Italian: Ruggiero Giuseppe Boscovich,[2] Latin: Rodericus Iosephus Boscovicus; 18 May 1711 – 13 February 1787) was a Ragusan physicist, astronomer, mathematician, philosopher, diplomat, poet, theologian, Jesuit priest, and a polymath[3] from the city of Dubrovnik (modern-day Croatia), who studied and lived in Italy and France where he also published many of his works.[4] He was nicknamed the Croatian Leibniz by Werner Heisenberg.[5]
    On Poreklo website Ruđer Bošković is mentioned in the list of Great Serbs (Velikani):

https://www.poreklo.rs/2013/07/08/po...%87a/?lang=lat

They make their readers to beleive what does not exist.

Level

Yes Wonomyro, it was your comment about Ruger Boskovic. I did not want you, or anyone else to feel cut off.
    I will talk to you all in some other DNA forum.

Level

Yes Wonomyro, it was your comment about Ruger Boskovic. I did not want you, or anyone else to feel cut off.
    I will talk to you all in some other DNA forum.
    You are a kind person, @Zvrk9. Thank you for you comments.

Level

250 Experience PointsThree Friends1 year registered

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I S24 Saxon
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H Pioneers

Quote Originally Posted by Bachus View Post
    More that 95% people which tested on "Serbian DNA project" are ethic Serbs, rest are Croatians, Bosniaks and few Macedonians.

People which are I1-Z63 at SDK are all Serbs, except maybe guy with surname Pukić (Пукић) who is Catholic from Bar in Montenegro, I'm supose that he declared self as Croatian or as Montenegrin.

Pukić does not belong to Macura cluster of I1-Z63, all people which belong to Macura cluster og Z63 at SDK are Orthodox Serbs.
    Marinković belong to Macura cluster, he is Orthodox Serb from northern Dalmatia from Tribanj https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribanj
    Macure are originally Serbian Ortodox clan from northern Dalmatia from Kistanje https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kistanje
    There is no difference between Montenegrin and Serbs they are probably the most close along with Croatians. Like all ethnicity from the Balkans they all share the Greek and Serbian dna.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I S24 Saxon
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H Pioneers

Funny, because he's uber Dinaric.

Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lenab View Post
    There is no difference between Montenegrin and Serbs they are probably the most close along with Croatians. Like all ethnicity from the Balkans they all share the Greek and Serbian dna.
    This PCA plot shows two groups of Serbs that do not overlap:

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/art...e.0105090.g003

https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0105090.s002

These two groups are as follows:

1. Serbs from Srebia (red) plot together with Montenegrins and some Macedonians.

2. Serbs from Bosnia (light green) plot together with Croats from Croatia, Croats from Bosnia, Bosniaks and Hungarians.

Which of two groups represents “Serbian dna”?

(Source: http://journals.plos.org/plosone/art...l.pone.0105090)
    Last edited by Wonomyro; 14-07-18 at 01:27.

Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lenab View Post
    Funny, because he's uber Dinaric.
    This Serbian footballer is R1a-M458, and his native village is located 15 km from native village of Nikola Tesla. Does he look like R1a?

1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 263
    Overall activity: 0%

This Serbian footballer is R1a-M458, and his native village is located 15 km from native village of Nikola Tesla. Does he look like R1a?
    What kind of surname is Basta?

Level

Quote Originally Posted by Milan.M View Post
    What kind of surname is Basta?
    It's probably created from some nickname, as many Serbian surnames from the Dinaric Alps.

Baste from Lika are cousins (by y dna) with Pavković family from Lika, and also with Mladić family from Kalinovik in Herzegovina.
    Ratko Mladić is from Kalinovik, and he is R1a-M458.

Branch M458 is among Lika Serbs is more common than Z280, about 2/3 is M458 and 1/3 is Z280.
    Among Serbs on average Z280 is more common. Z280 is about 70% of total Serbian R1a.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I S24 Saxon
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H Pioneers

Yes Serbians cluster with Macedonians probably from Eastern Thrace and absolutely Montenegrin

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I S24 Saxon
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H Pioneers

Tomorrow I will post here pictures of my Mother's family and I will post here her Macedonian Grandfather blonde hair blue eyes so yes I can believe if it is haplogroup it's autosomal i do not trust because results vary but haplotype are set and stone and btw R1a is also high in Eastern Germany.

Level

Basta families are mainly Serbs and they are mostly from Obrovac area , whereas often Croats (from Gospic ). In the past century, relatively most of Croatian residents bearing this family name were born in Obrovac area and in Zagreb. In places Srednja Gora and Kurjak in Obrovac area every fourth inhabitant had the family name Basta.
    https://actacroatica.com/en/surname/Basta/

Level

Quote Originally Posted by Wonomyro View Post
    Dušan Basta originated from Srednja Gora near Udbina.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I S24 Saxon
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H Pioneers

Bachus maybe you could tell me a bit about my Mother's family

and the dress as my Mum wants to know the region but I am thinking at least the family member in the top photo we think is maybe from Macedonia we think the guy in the fez could be also
    https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...72&oe=5BDA426F

Attachment 10335

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...bf&oe=5BD164B7Attachment 10335

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...bf&oe=5BD164B7

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...87&oe=5BDC69CC

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...4b&oe=5BDC8A2E

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast