Nikola Tesla was not I2a but R1a

What is your point with Hvar island, Q and I2a haplogroup?

On the other thread I mentioned that because maybe is proto-Croatian. :unsure:

On this thread I mentioned Q to say that Adriatic island are are pretty diverse in terms of haplogroups, and some of them are exotic for Europe.

On the other thread I mentioned that because maybe is proto-Croatian. :unsure:

On this thread I mentioned Q to say that Adriatic island are are pretty diverse in terms of haplogroups, and some of them are exotic for Europe.

Haven't you got a proper answer there?

What does Island Hvar and Q haplogroup have to do with Tesla's origin?

Btw. Hvar population represents 0.26% of the total Croatian population (11,000 people), and haplogroup Q is present in only 16% of all males. Islands are isolated areas and prone to genetic drifts, which is the most probably case here. The haplogroup could have come from over the sea, as we count similar percentages on Sicily, and may have belonged to only one man.

There are as much as 50 populated islands in Croatia! Hvar is just one of them.

Do you have any sense of proportions?

Maybe it is my fault due to the Magellan comment. I read somewhere that he is likely from the island of Hvar.

Is there anything more to be said about Tesla haplogroup, for now?

Tesla and his ancestors from father's and mother's side were declared Serbs.

That record that they declare (ancestors from father's and mother's side) as Serbs do not exist.

Father of Nikola Tesla was Orthodox priest, and his grandfather (mothrer's father) was also an Orthodox priest.

This does not mean that they are Serbs, do you know Croatian history ? We do not have history records who speak about migration of Serbs to Croatia, possibly only to eastern Croatia (Slavonia) and couple of them in western Croatia.

Yes, Adriatic islands are quite diverse in haplogruops, every island have some specifities, in Adriatic islands are often exotic haplogroups such as Q in Hvar and Korčula.
Croats come to Illyricum, Dalmatia and Panonia (De Administrando Imperio) and not just to two islands. Who teaches you this?

People from Hvar ans Korčula have the highest percentage of haplogroup Q in Europe, even more than Ashkenazi Jews.
Some islands of northern Adriatic have 60% R1a, and some Dalmatian islands have 70% I2a-Din, some island have high percentage of J2...

Croats come to Illyricum, Dalmatia and Panonia (De Administrando Imperio), do you understand that? Illyricum, Dalmatia and Panonia are not on the islands but on the western part of the Balkans. Do you know geography of Europe ?

Dinaric area (Dalmatian hinterland, Bosnia, Herzegovina, part of Montenegro and western Serbia) are no yso diverse, in Dinaric are haplogroup I2a-Din dominates, especially in Dalmatia and Herzegovina.

According to historical data that's exactly where White Croats are coming, and this proves genetics.

https://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/31539-Genetics-confirm-migration-of-White-Croats-to-Croatia

Maybe it is my fault due to the Magellan comment. I read somewhere that he is likely from the island of Hvar.

It is not your fault. We had a discussion here today (about Hvar):

https://www.eupedia.com/forum/threa...to-the-Balkans?p=529343&viewfull=1#post529343

It is his way to obstruct a discussion.

Is there anything more to be said about Tesla haplogroup, for now?

Perhaps we should keep that way.

However, the whole dispute started because of a confusion created by a website "Poreklo" (as you can observe from the name of the topic). When I looked at their interpretation of Tesla's origin I can only say that there is something really fishy there. Then when I found Croat Ruger Bošković on the list of Serbs than I was definitely convinced that data coming from that site is not credible.

According to Tesla Society in New York, Nikola Tesla and Ivan Mestrovic became friends in 1924.
Ivan Mestrovic is the great Croatian sculptor who contributed so much outstanding art to America, Croatia, and Serbia. I like his sculptures in United Nations (NY) and Chicago.
Mestrovic's enormous talent and creativity are probably more related to his autosomal DNA as oppose to Y-DNA haplogroups. So what do we know about any of his DNA?

I would like to start a new thread but do not know how. Could one of you help?

There is a button on the top-left side. You must go one level up where the list of threads is displayed.

Firstly, if Tesla was alive and reading this forum, as someone who championed Yugoslav identity and unity, I am sure he would be disgusted. Secondly as far as I know a Y-DNA haplogroup comprises only 1-2 % of DNA, so just looking at Y-Haplogroup is not very meaningful.
Thirdly, this type of discussion is absurd especially in a genetics forum where you are all trying to find out about your ancestors, which was in most likelihood common if we go back at most 1000 years.

Firstly, if Tesla was alive and reading this forum, as someone who championed Yugoslav identity and unity,

His friend Ivan Meštrović as well, but later disappointed.

I am sure he would be disgusted.

Maybe not. He liked popularity.

Secondly as far as I know a Y-DNA haplogroup comprises only 1-2 % of DNA, so just looking at Y-Haplogroup is not very meaningful.

Not meaningful for what?

Thirdly, this type of discussion is absurd especially in a genetics forum where you are all trying to find out about your ancestors, which was in most likelihood common if we go back at most 1000 years.

Of course, we should avoid politics and ideologies here.

Hi Wonomyro, you asked a good question earlier, and I cut you off (unintentionally) with my Mestrovic interest. Your question made me think that I did not understand the text and test data of Poreklo.rs very well. Using a name like "Serbian DNA Project" may sound buyest and is an unfortunate choice of words. We may soon see Croation DNA Project, which I would also like. Please make it more readable in other languages and DNA data easier to find.

Here is Google translation that describes what I am trying to say http://dnk.poreklo.rs/o-srpskom-dnk-projektu/?lang=lat

"This means that individuals within the Serbian DNA project are not Serbs but Serbs share the same space and history as well as similar genetics. The project is therefore open to all people from Serbia and the surrounding countries, and therefore we invite you to send your genetic results, as well as familiar information about the history of your family (place of origin, royal glory ...). The aim of the project is to decipher the secrets of the majority of Serbian genres and surnames by means of genetics, as well as to learn more about our total history."

If I understand that correctly, and you can read it in the original language, some people tested are not Serbian. At least not in the way of your confusing, changing (addressing both sides) ethnic definition. It is clear with Macura/Marinkovic family (you will find them in I1-Z63) that some of them are not Serbian today.

Bachus or others, could you confirm that?

We discussed ethnicity and Y-DNA very problematic correlation if any really exists (in my humble opinion). I hope I am not opening another C-S war of words here. Please be respectful.

Hi Wonomyro, you asked a good question earlier, and I cut you off (unintentionally) with my Mestrovic interest. Your question made me think that I did not understand the text and test data of Poreklo.rs very well. Using a name like "Serbian DNA Project" may sound buyest and is an unfortunate choice of words. We may soon see Croation DNA Project, which I would also like. Please make it more readable in other languages and DNA data easier to find.

Here is Google translation that describes what I am trying to say http://dnk.poreklo.rs/o-srpskom-dnk-projektu/?lang=lat

"This means that individuals within the Serbian DNA project are not Serbs but Serbs share the same space and history as well as similar genetics. The project is therefore open to all people from Serbia and the surrounding countries, and therefore we invite you to send your genetic results, as well as familiar information about the history of your family (place of origin, royal glory ...). The aim of the project is to decipher the secrets of the majority of Serbian genres and surnames by means of genetics, as well as to learn more about our total history."

If I understand that correctly, and you can read it in the original language, some people tested are not Serbian. At least not in the way of your confusing, changing (addressing both sides) ethnic definition. It is clear with Macura/Marinkovic family (you will find them in I1-Z63) that some of them are not Serbian today.

Bachus or others, could you confirm that?

We discussed ethnicity and Y-DNA very problematic correlation if any really exists (in my humble opinion). I hope I am not opening another C-S war of words here. Please be respectful.

More that 95% people which tested on "Serbian DNA project" are ethic Serbs, rest are Croatians, Bosniaks and few Macedonians.

People which are I1-Z63 at SDK are all Serbs, except maybe guy with surname Pukić (Пукић) who is Catholic from Bar in Montenegro, I'm supose that he declared self as Croatian or as Montenegrin.

Pukić does not belong to Macura cluster of I1-Z63, all people which belong to Macura cluster og Z63 at SDK are Orthodox Serbs.
Marinković belong to Macura cluster, he is Orthodox Serb from northern Dalmatia from Tribanj [video]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribanj[/video]
Macure are originally Serbian Ortodox clan from northern Dalmatia from Kistanje [video]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kistanje[/video]

The aim of the project is to decipher the secrets of the majority of Serbian genres and surnames by means of genetics, as well as to learn more about our total history.

Representatives of Serbian genetic portal Poreklo go to the region and keep lectures about so-called Serbian I2a haplogrup, they say that original Croats are somewhere in Istria and in the north of Croatia. I as a Croat would not have a problem with that if they prove it.

Therefore they can not prove it and obviously they do it by lying, for this reason I do not recommend using this portal for evidence except for statistics.

Invite them to refute my truth

Nobody will come.

I am trying to understand what you meant. You probably reacted on this:

When I looked at their interpretation of Tesla's origin I can only say that there is something really fishy there. Then when I found Croat Ruger Bošković on the list of Serbs than I was definitely convinced that data coming from that site is not credible.

Ruđer Bošković was a Croatian scientists from Dubrovnik. He lived in 18th century and he was never tested at Poreklo or Serbian DNK project.

Roger Joseph Boscovich (Croatian: Ruđer Josip Bošković, pronounced [rûd͡ʑer jǒsip bôʃkoʋit͡ɕ], Italian: Ruggiero Giuseppe Boscovich,[2] Latin: Rodericus Iosephus Boscovicus; 18 May 1711 – 13 February 1787) was a Ragusan physicist, astronomer, mathematician, philosopher, diplomat, poet, theologian, Jesuit priest, and a polymath[3] from the city of Dubrovnik (modern-day Croatia), who studied and lived in Italy and France where he also published many of his works.[4] He was nicknamed the Croatian Leibniz by Werner Heisenberg.[5]

On Poreklo website Ruđer Bošković is mentioned in the list of Great Serbs (Velikani):

https://www.poreklo.rs/2013/07/08/poreklo-ruđera-boškovića/?lang=lat

They make their readers to beleive what does not exist.

Yes Wonomyro, it was your comment about Ruger Boskovic. I did not want you, or anyone else to feel cut off.
I will talk to you all in some other DNA forum.

Yes Wonomyro, it was your comment about Ruger Boskovic. I did not want you, or anyone else to feel cut off.
I will talk to you all in some other DNA forum.

You are a kind person, @Zvrk9. Thank you for you comments.

rStn9hL.jpg

More that 95% people which tested on "Serbian DNA project" are ethic Serbs, rest are Croatians, Bosniaks and few Macedonians.

People which are I1-Z63 at SDK are all Serbs, except maybe guy with surname Pukić (Пукић) who is Catholic from Bar in Montenegro, I'm supose that he declared self as Croatian or as Montenegrin.

Pukić does not belong to Macura cluster of I1-Z63, all people which belong to Macura cluster og Z63 at SDK are Orthodox Serbs.
Marinković belong to Macura cluster, he is Orthodox Serb from northern Dalmatia from Tribanj [video]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribanj[/video]
Macure are originally Serbian Ortodox clan from northern Dalmatia from Kistanje [video]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kistanje[/video]

There is no difference between Montenegrin and Serbs they are probably the most close along with Croatians. Like all ethnicity from the Balkans they all share the Greek and Serbian dna.

This thread has been viewed 90961 times.

Back