Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Srdceleva's Living dna Results

  1. #1
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Three Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    srdceleva's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-06-16
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    403
    Points
    5,687
    Level
    22
    Points: 5,687, Level: 22
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 363
    Overall activity: 5.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a-m458(L260)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U4b1b1

    Ethnic group
    75% Slovak, 25℅ American mix
    Country: Slovakia



    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

    Srdceleva's Living dna Results








    Its interesting that my mt-dna is more common among slavic/baltic/siberian populations as my maternal grandmother isnt even from slovakia, but is a white american whose maternal line I traced back to france(dont know where in france) but to a women whos last name was Dupre.




    Complete Results


    Europe 100%
    Europe (East) 41.4%
    Northeast Europe 24.9%
    East Balkans 6.9%
    Baltics 3.4%
    West Balkans 3.3%
    Finland and Western Russia 2.9%
    Great Britain and Ireland 35.6%
    Southeast England 8.5%
    East Anglia 6%
    Central England 5.2%
    Northwest Scotland 3.5%
    North Yorkshire 2.4%
    Cornwall 2.2%
    Southwest Scotland and Northern Ireland 2.1%
    North Wales 1.5%
    Lincolnshire 1.5%
    Cumbria 1.3%
    Ireland 1.3%
    Europe (South) 13.4%
    Tuscany 9%
    Aegean 2.8%
    Iberian Peninsula 1.7%
    Europe (North and West) 9.5%
    Scandinavia 5.6%
    Germanic 3.9%




    Standard
    Europe 100%
    Great Britain and Ireland 35.6%
    Southeast England 8.5%
    East Anglia 6%
    Central England 5.2%
    Northwest Scotland 3.5%
    Cornwall 2.2%
    Southwest Scotland and Northern Ireland 2.1%
    North Wales 1.5%
    Lincolnshire 1.5%
    Ireland 1.3%
    Great Britain and Ireland (unassigned) 3.7%
    Europe (East) 35.1%
    Northeast Europe 24.9%
    East Balkans 6.9%
    West Balkans 3.3%
    Europe (South) 11.7%
    Tuscany 9%
    Aegean 2.8%
    Europe (North and West) 9.5%
    Scandinavia 5.6%
    Germanic 3.9%
    Europe (unassigned) 8%


    Cautious


    Sub Regions
    Europe 100%
    Great Britain and Ireland 35.6%
    East Anglia-related ancestry 21.3%
    Northwest Scotland-related ancestry 7%
    Cornwall-related ancestry 2.2%
    North Wales-related ancestry 1.5%
    Great Britain and Ireland (unassigned) 3.7%
    Northeast Europe-related ancestry 35.1%
    South Italy-related ancestry 11.7%
    Northwestern Europe-related ancestry 9.5%
    Europe (unassigned) 8%




    My Dads Results






    Complete


    Europe 98.8%
    Europe (East) 49.9%
    Europe (North and West) 25.7%
    Europe (South) 13.3%
    Great Britain and Ireland 9.8%
    Near East 1.2%
    North Turkey 1.2%


    I wont share his standard and cautiious results as nothing really changes just some unassigned percentages.

  2. #2
    Satyavrata Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Maciamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    17-07-02
    Location
    Lothier
    Posts
    8,710
    Points
    702,692
    Level
    100
    Points: 702,692, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%


    Ethnic group
    Italo-celto-germanic
    Country: Belgium - Brussels



    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Thanks for sharing.

    Haplogroup U4b1b1 was found in Neolithic Ukraine and was surely diffused by the Proto-Indo-Europeans across various parts of Europe. It's actually more common in Germany and Britain than in Slavic countries. U4a and U4d clades are more common in Slavic countries and Scandinavia, though, while U4c is typically Central Asian (Scythian?) and Iranian.

    I see that Living DNA's descriptions (in this case for hg R1a) are still very focused on British customers. They probably need to work on that if they want to get a broader range of customers.

    As for the autosomal results, I wouldn't put too much faith in them yet as you are not of British descent and they still overestimate British ancestry. They are going to include more regional populations soon (at least for Ireland and Germany) and should cover the rest of Europe hopefully before the end of the year. But you never know how fast these things go. Anyway next year your ancestry composition might look quite different and more accurate.
    My book selection---Follow me on Facebook and Twitter --- My profile on Academia.edu and on ResearchGate ----Check Wa-pedia's Japan Guide
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

  3. #3
    Elite member Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassThree FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Fire Haired14's Avatar
    Join Date
    20-04-14
    Posts
    2,195
    Points
    28,146
    Level
    51
    Points: 28,146, Level: 51
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 504
    Overall activity: 31.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b DF27*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2b1

    Country: USA - Illinois



    I'm sorry but LivingDNA's haplogroup descriptions are complete trash. Really every DNA company gives trash information on haplogroups.

  4. #4
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    09-12-11
    Posts
    139
    Points
    5,844
    Level
    22
    Points: 5,844, Level: 22
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 206
    Overall activity: 0%


    Country: Netherlands



    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Interesting.

    They give a haplogroup and a subclade (if available). They did not provide me an Y-subclade below U152; apparently they do for now only test below U152 for L2 and subclades of L2. So I interpreted this as L2-.

    The maps provided seem haplogroup maps, and not subclade maps (which I don't think they make clear enough). In my mt-story about W they talked about the Indus civilization etc., though that seems suitable for W1, it certainly does not for W5.

  5. #5
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    17-06-17
    Posts
    127
    Points
    2,943
    Level
    15
    Points: 2,943, Level: 15
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 11.0%


    Country: United States



    It's weird that Sindh has such high percentage of R1a.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Three Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    srdceleva's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-06-16
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    403
    Points
    5,687
    Level
    22
    Points: 5,687, Level: 22
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 363
    Overall activity: 5.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a-m458(L260)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U4b1b1

    Ethnic group
    75% Slovak, 25℅ American mix
    Country: Slovakia



    Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo View Post
    Thanks for sharing.

    Haplogroup U4b1b1 was found in Neolithic Ukraine and was surely diffused by the Proto-Indo-Europeans across various parts of Europe. It's actually more common in Germany and Britain than in Slavic countries. U4a and U4d clades are more common in Slavic countries and Scandinavia, though, while U4c is typically Central Asian (Scythian?) and Iranian.

    I see that Living DNA's descriptions (in this case for hg R1a) are still very focused on British customers. They probably need to work on that if they want to get a broader range of customers.

    As for the autosomal results, I wouldn't put too much faith in them yet as you are not of British descent and they still overestimate British ancestry. They are going to include more regional populations soon (at least for Ireland and Germany) and should cover the rest of Europe hopefully before the end of the year. But you never know how fast these things go. Anyway next year your ancestry composition might look quite different and more accurate.
    Yes that makes sense it's more common Germany and Britain, maybe it was spread with Germanic tribes to France. It's seems to be quite rare in France though and pretty rare in general.

    My father's Mt-dna seems to be pretty well represented in Slovakia at around 8 percent.

    There are also some noticeable differences when I compare my gedmatch results from both kits.

    Here's the dodecad v3 Test for example

    Living DNA

    1West_European43.77
    2East_European23.02
    3Mediterranean21.14
    4West_Asian6.47
    5Southwest_Asian3.52
    6Southeast_Asian1.79

    Ancestry DNA
    1West_European46.50
    2East_European22.70
    3Mediterranean20.96
    4West_Asian6.66
    5Southwest_Asian1.47

    Western euro is almost 3 points lower, and I get a pretty substantial south east asian percentage which I didn't in my ancestry test.





    Sent from my KIW-L21 using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    JajarBingan's Avatar
    Join Date
    25-05-16
    Posts
    154
    Points
    2,599
    Level
    14
    Points: 2,599, Level: 14
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 151
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I-PH908*, DYS561=15
    MtDNA haplogroup
    T2a1b1a

    Ethnic group
    Romanian
    Country: Romania



    Quote Originally Posted by srdceleva View Post
    Yes that makes sense it's more common Germany and Britain, maybe it was spread with Germanic tribes to France. It's seems to be quite rare in France though and pretty rare in general.

    My father's Mt-dna seems to be pretty well represented in Slovakia at around 8 percent.

    There are also some noticeable differences when I compare my gedmatch results from both kits.

    Here's the dodecad v3 Test for example

    Living DNA

    1West_European43.77
    2East_European23.02
    3Mediterranean21.14
    4West_Asian6.47
    5Southwest_Asian3.52
    6Southeast_Asian1.79

    Ancestry DNA
    1West_European46.50
    2East_European22.70
    3Mediterranean20.96
    4West_Asian6.66
    5Southwest_Asian1.47

    Western euro is almost 3 points lower, and I get a pretty substantial south east asian percentage which I didn't in my ancestry test.





    Sent from my KIW-L21 using Tapatalk
    Those GEDmatch calculators are not optimised for the data originating from Living DNA.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Three Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    srdceleva's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-06-16
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    403
    Points
    5,687
    Level
    22
    Points: 5,687, Level: 22
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 363
    Overall activity: 5.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a-m458(L260)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U4b1b1

    Ethnic group
    75% Slovak, 25℅ American mix
    Country: Slovakia



    Quote Originally Posted by JajarBingan View Post
    Those GEDmatch calculators are not optimised for the data originating from Living DNA.
    Well they don't seem radically different even on my PCA plots it still clusters pretty close to me

    Sent from my KIW-L21 using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •