Votes: 34 41.5%
  • 6’1” (185) -6’3” (191)

Votes: 21 25.6%
  • 6’4 (193) -6’6” (198)

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • 6’7” (201) or taller

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm average...about 178 cm in the morning, 176-176.5 cm in the evening :innocent:

Mostly men here I see. I'm 5'4" female. But 2 inches taller than my mother,
and both of my girls are over 2 inches taller than me. Lucky them.

Last time I measured myself I was half an inch off 6' and that was about six or seven years ago

I think I may have had a delayed growth spurt since then, though, partly because I had a spell of several months where I got a lot of pains in the middle of my spine and also because everyone else seems so much shorter...

Most of my family are pretty average height on both sides

184 cm without shoes.:)Not tall and not short.
Since when is 184 not tall?

Sent from my KIW-L21 using Tapatalk

I know, right? :) Seems more than tall enough to me

In most Western countries it falls within a couple of inches of the average, so most people (well, paranoid men anyway) wouldn't really consider it 'tall'

I guess you could call it 'within the average range'

I would say if anyone is taller then me. Then they are taller then average in my opinion

Average may mean different things in different countries, yes?

In the U.S. average is about 5'9", but the largest group is 5'8". At 6'2"+ my son is very tall, and even his dad at 6'0" is at the far end of the spectrum. Maybe for my son it's all the milk he used to drink. No one else in the family drinks it at all.
Height%2BDistribution.jpg

You can see the world here, and again, it looks like 5'8-9" might be a world wide average? Or maybe it's shorter since Europeans aren't a very large portion of the world's population. I think 5'9" seems about right for Europe, though. A lot of the countries with very tall men are low in overall population.

160726022225-adult-height-1996-birth-cohort-exlarge-169.jpg

Maybe for my son it's all the milk he used to drink. No one else in the family drinks it at all.
Hmm nowadays milk is not the best source of calcium since it has estrogen which I now limit Milk in food and protein is hard to avoid). Think about it, the mother cow uses estrogen to create the milk to feed her babies. You did say that your husband was built with solid muscle which meaning he had a good diet

Average may mean different things in different countries, yes?
In the U.S. average is about 5'9", but the largest group is 5'8". At 6'2"+ my son is very tall, and even his dad at 6'0" is at the far end of the spectrum. Maybe for my son it's all the milk he used to drink. No one else in the family drinks it at all.
Height%2BDistribution.jpg

You can see the world here, and again, it looks like 5'8-9" might be a world wide average? Or maybe it's shorter since Europeans aren't a very large portion of the world's population. I think 5'9" seems about right for Europe, though. A lot of the countries with very tall men are low in overall population.
160726022225-adult-height-1996-birth-cohort-exlarge-169.jpg

apart from Australia and New-Zealand which have been colonised by Europeans, I'd say there is clear north-south cline, with northwest Europe a few extra cm on top of that

I think late paleolithic tundra HG were allready quite tall
being tall probably was an advantage in such environment

Hmm nowadays milk is not the best source of calcium since it has estrogen which I now limit Milk in food and protein is hard to avoid). Think about it, the mother cow uses estrogen to create the milk to feed her babies. You did say that your husband was built with solid muscle which meaning he had a good diet

He was raised strictly on southern Italian, almost exlusively Neapolitan, cooking, so good amounts of cheese, but no milk or butter. From what he says and from what I saw of his grandmother's cooking they ate quite a bit of pork and chicken and shellfish, but lots of vegetables and fruits, and, of course, good, rustic, Italian bread. The cooking oil was always olive oil. He doesn't now and never ate fast food, and I literally can't remember the last time I saw him eat chips, or snacks, or a dessert other than a bit of ice cream once in a while. He'll bring home pies and doughnuts for my son, who has a bottomless pit yet never gains weight, but never touches it himself. He has, in fact, quite extraordinary discipline when it comes to diet and exercise. When we were courting and money was short, it was pizza and a salad usually, but from Italian local pizzerias.

I think some of it is genetics and going to the gym a lot too. He's six feet tall, as I said, very big boned, and about 190-195, yet apparently the doctors say his percentage of body fat is extremely low. My son, on the other hand, has the kind of bone structure we have in my family, smaller, and he's "lanky", I guess you'd say: over 6"2, but only weighs 180-185, and he has less muscle and more fat than his dad. I guess you could say the difference is like that between an American football player's body, say someone like Joe Manganiello, and a swimmer's body, like maybe Phelps when he's not lifting a lot of weights. I don't think he'd ever bulk up the way his dad does with very little effort: it's just different genetics in terms of the capacity for building muscle mass. He'd never look like this, and even if he did, imo it would look "weird", obviously not "natural" to him.

Joe Manganiello
joe-manganiello-how-to-get-a-six-pack.jpg

So much is just genetics. It works that way in my family too. My mother and I were the same height at about 5'6" tall, but while she had a lanky, boyish figure, I'm definitely hour glass shaped like my Dad's Emilian side. When she died she was still only 120 pounds with no particular effort other than eating right, but I have to work out and use the treadmill to keep my weight at what I consider the optimum for my body type, and I definitely can't eat as much as I did at 18.

You can only fight your genetics so much. You have to work within its parameters, I think.

He was raised strictly on southern Italian, almost exlusively Neapolitan, cooking, so good amounts of cheese, but no milk or butter. From what he says and from what I saw of his grandmother's cooking they ate quite a bit of pork and chicken and shellfish, but lots of vegetables and fruits, and, of course, good, rustic, Italian bread. The cooking oil was always olive oil. He doesn't now and never ate fast food, and I literally can't remember the last time I saw him eat chips, or snacks, or a dessert other than a bit of ice cream once in a while. He'll bring home pies and doughnuts for my son, who has a bottomless pit yet never gains weight, but never touches it himself. He has, in fact, quite extraordinary discipline when it comes to diet and exercise. When we were courting and money was short, it was pizza and a salad usually, but from Italian local pizzerias.

I think some of it is genetics and going to the gym a lot too. He's six feet tall, as I said, very big boned, and about 190-195, yet apparently the doctors say his percentage of body fat is extremely low. My son, on the other hand, has the kind of bone structure we have in my family, smaller, and he's "lanky", I guess you'd say: over 6"2, but only weighs 180-185, and he has less muscle and more fat than his dad.

You can only fight your genetics so much. You have to work within its parameters, I think.
Yep what your Husband was eating was defiantly good no wonder he's a big guy even the cheese in south Europe is better then in north Europe in my opinion. So yes it really was the lifestyle aswell compared to you can say new York. Less sugar also made a impact on your Husbands features in which he does not crave of sugary products which is why he does not care about them but your son eats more of them because of the city life. (your family has got a high metabolism). I had it aswell but I started to lose it when I was 21. Yep they also say in the gym that genetics is half of it so your right but we can all improve really so it's not a big deal.

Hmm I weigh more then your son im around 189lb (86kg) but i am trying to lose some body fat so i should be around his weight when i get there.
Your husband is a great guy who looks after himself. If i met him in the gym I would stop lifting listen to what he would say.

Yep what your Husband was eating was defiantly good no wonder he's a big guy even the cheese in south Europe is better then in north Europe in my opinion. So yes it really was the lifestyle aswell compared to you can say new York. Less sugar also made a impact on your Husbands features in which he does not crave of sugary products which is why he does not care about them but your son eats more of them because of the city life. (your family has got a high metabolism). I had it aswell but I started to lose it when I was 21. Yep they also say in the gym that genetics is half of it so your right but we can all improve really so it's not a big deal.

Hmm I weigh more then your son im around 189lb (86kg) but i am trying to lose some body fat so i should be around his weight when i get there.
Your husband is a great guy who looks after himself. If i met him in the gym I would stop lifting listen to what he would say.

Actually, his self-discipline in these matters is so unwavering that it's sometimes a bit annoying, to be honest, but thank you. :)

It also helps that someone is cooking a home-made healthy dinner every night! Well, that's probably unfair. He'd probably go buy a salad and soup or a turkey sandwich with mustard, no mayo. :)

Yep what your Husband was eating was defiantly good no wonder he's a big guy even the cheese in south Europe is better then in north Europe in my opinion.

I guess that's due to what you are used to eat!
These one has a nice specific taste....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friesian_Clove

By the way my mother and father are pretty small (for Dutch measures) I think about 1.70 m or just beneath it, only my grandmothers were pretty tall, there was a portrait of the marriage of my grandparents where my grandmother had to make some kind of pose in order not to look as tall as she was....

Other times, Dutch woman are nowadays much more liberated.

I'm 172 cm short

Inviato dal mio SM-J730F utilizzando Tapatalk

180 cm.

One meter eighty centimeters, in inches I do not know, I do not understand inches, that I sometimes hear the inches in the movies and I do not know what they are saying, or what they are talking about.

1.93m

Στάλθηκε από το PE-TL10 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

myself 183cm
first son is 185cm
second son 186cm
wife 172cm
living males from my paternal side in Italy are all between 185 and 188
so I am the "midget"
Same as your first son.
I've a sis pretty tall, and bros much taller than me; funnily, my mom is relatively short.

This thread has been viewed 46593 times.

Back