guess the ehtnicity and ancestry

Gitte

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Flemish
Of course, it's obvious - it's in my profile - but fi you woudl just see some random picture of me, against a background that doesn't say much like in this case, where would you think me and my ancestors come from?

thumbnail_IMG_20170723_115445.jpgthumbnail_IMG_20170723_122428.jpg

I would say celtic, maybe scottish mixed with german

I get a German fibe. You remind me of the German students at my college.

Celtic and northern euro mix. I have seen the general type often in my part of the USA.

You look similar to relatives of mine, oddly enough we group most closely with Belgians using PCA

Okay, I can already conclude I look exactly where I come from. Even the 'Scottish mixed with German' is logical as Belgium is like right in between xD Compared to most of my family I'm quite 'light' though, at both sides. My sister coudl easily be seen as Spanish or Italian. (sadly, she sucks at taking pictures that aren't black/white or on which she has a gigantic smile that reforms her faceshape) I just have the lightest traits of both sides.

your looks are North European
the cliché is that red hair is Celtic and blond hair Germanic

Yeah, I already thought something like that - I just didn't understand right away because there is a bit confusion about my haircolour. Some people think it's brown, others think it's ginger(ish), my mother is sure it's dark blonde.

Celtic beautiful red hair.

hair shade changes in the light and even in the seasons
mine is brown in winter and rather blond in summer
unfortunately it starts to turn grey too

btw, I like yours

north euro

I would have said een echte Brabanter!

Actually you could look russian aswell than celtic or northwestern block. I like the blue / grey eyes, i feel like it is a north west european marker, more than a eastern, where i think amber or brown eyes dominate redhead populations.

Russian - first time I hear that! Even though it can be said about everyone; it's such a huge and therefore diverse country.

Weird what you say, by the way. I have personally always associated veyr muddy, grey eyes (like mine) with eastern europe, and then brighter blue, green or hazel eyes with western euope and the british isles and very light eyes with northern europe (including northwest Russia and the baltic states)

- Liechtenstein -

So...Lately I have taken lots of pictures (for something completely unrelated) and I've also been masterign the skill of selfies, which causes me to have a lot of pictures. An amount of pictures that can probably make this question a bit more interesting. Most people say I look scottish or irish (basically british isles without england and wales) with scandinavian and...'Something else'

So....Here we go (some pictures are very professionally quickly photoshopped for privacy; even though there isn't much left of that flashing my face all over a site. Whatever.)

tumblr_p623cf6r701wyfbmoo1_540.jpg

tumblr_p623cf6r701wyfbmoo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_p623cf6r701wyfbmoo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_p623cf6r701wyfbmoo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_p623cf6r701wyfbmoo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_p623cf6r701wyfbmoo8_1280.jpg

Yes, I like wearing lipstick. And yes, that's my natural eyelash length. (I think that matters: there are places were naturally full and dark in comparison to hair- and skin colour eyelashes are rare) My eyes are sensitive and I wear contacts already so my eyes would flip when I'd also wear eye make-up!

This thread has been viewed 14789 times.

Back