Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is the Central Italian component in Living DNA a good proxy for Roman ancestry?

Junior Member Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-L21
    MtDNA haplogroup
    T2b3

Ethnic group
    Western European - French Canadian

My mother recently participated to Geno 2.0. and they told her that she's 72% Western and Central European and 27% Southern European. I was wondering if Southern European component is a proxy for Roman ancestry. 27%, it's pretty big. She's 100% French Canadian, all from North-Western France (and a great-great-grandfather from the Buckinghamshire).

Satyavrata Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%

Ethnic group
    Italo-celto-germanic

Quote Originally Posted by Arnaud View Post
    My mother recently participated to Geno 2.0. and they told her that she's 72% Western and Central European and 27% Southern European. I was wondering if Southern European component is a proxy for Roman ancestry. 27%, it's pretty big. She's 100% French Canadian, all from North-Western France (and a great-great-grandfather from the Buckinghamshire).
    No, it's not a good proxy. It includes all southern European ancestry, even southern French one.
    My book selection---Follow me on Facebook and Twitter --- My profile on Academia.edu and on ResearchGate ----Check Wa-pedia's Japan Guide
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

Satyavrata Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0

Ethnic group
    Italo-celto-germanic

Quote Originally Posted by srdceleva View Post
    I score 9% Tuscan ( central Italy) and besides my Slovak side I'm a quarter mostly British isles with German, swiss, and French influence. My dad scores 8% Tuscan as a full Slovak. The Romans never really had a strong presence in Slovakia so I don't know where this component is from
    The Romans had a considerable presence in Pannonia, notably around Vienna. Western Slovakia was also part of it.

Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 235
    Overall activity: 4.0%

Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo View Post
    ...I am really interested in seeing how other Europeans from former parts of the Roman Empire, especially outside Italy (too high Roman ancestry) and Britain (too low Roman ancestry) will turn out. Please share your results.
    First - Hello to everybody, my first post on this forum :- )

Here are my results from Living (my ancestry is mainly from Eastern and Western Thrace and to a lesser extent the Eastern Balkan mountains near the Black Sea..all ethnic Bulgarians).

Complete - SubRegions:

East Balkans- 22.4%
    West Balkans - 11%
    Pannonia - 10.1%
    Northeast Europe - 5.6%
    Mordovia - 3%
    Baltics- 2.4%
    South Italy-12.9%
    Tuscany-10.9%
    North Italy-3.4%
    Aegean-3.1%
    Germanic-8.4%
    Pastun-4.5%
    Kurdish-2.3%

Standard - Sub Regions:

East Balkans- 22.4%
    West Balkans - 11%
    Pannonia - 10.1%
    Northeast Europe - 5.6%
    South Italy-12.9%
    Tuscany-10.9%
    Germanic-8.4%
    Europe Unassigned-11.9%
    Pashtun-4.5%
    World Unassigned-2.3%

Cautious - Regional (this is the lowest level in this mode):

Northeast Europe-related ancestry - 49.1%
    Tuscany-related ancestry-32.1%
    Europe unassigned-11.9%
    Pashtun related ancestry- 4.5%
    World unassigned- 2.3%

I got 43% Italy/Greece on Ancestry ( and "Southeastern Europeans Genetic Community" with 95% confidence )

FTDNA gave me 74% Southeast Europe

23and me --- 5% Italian .

My Bulgarian matches on 23andme with 4 Bulgarian GrParents score between 2% and 14% Italian . My Greek matches with 4 Greek GrParents score between 3% and 43.3% Italian .

Moderator Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 317
    Overall activity: 57.0%

Ethnic group
    Italian

Two British results on Living DNA, they both get 10-12% Tuscan

Moderator Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 317
    Overall activity: 57.0%

Ethnic group
    Italian

At present Living DNA only divides Italy in four parts: North, Centre, South and Sardinia. It will be interesting to see the correlation between Italian provinces and other Europeans once the scale is further refined. But it's quite telling that the current match with Belgians is almost exclusively Central Italians (and they use Tuscany as a population reference, so it's not really all Central Italy). I had already noticed that on the PCA plot in first version of 23andMe a few Belgians were clustered both with French-Germans and Tuscans (but no other part of Italy). One of my HLA types is also found almost exclusively in central Italy. I think that the Roman ancestry is quite incontrovertible.
    If this Central Italian/Tuscan component in Living DNA is a good proxy for Roman ancestry, it could imply a proto-Villanovan connection.

Latial culture and Villanovans (Tuscans) descend from the proto-Villanovan culture.

Three FriendsRecommendation Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 222

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a-L1029*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H11a2*-146+

Ethnic group
    Albanian/Gheg/Dibran/Okshtun

I now have the results of several Belgian people who tested with Living DNA. All got a bit of Scandinavian, and some got a from 1 to 3% of French, Basque, West Balkans, North Anatolian or Kurdish. But what really stood out is that all of them had considerable amount of Italian DNA, and in all but one samples that was exclusively Central Italian/Tuscan DNA. It ranged from 11% (in West Flanders) to 19% (in central Wallonia), with an average of about 15%. This is what I originally estimated to be the genetic contribution of the Romans to the Belgian gene pool, before I revised that estimate down to 5-10% based on the more conservative 'Italian' and 'Broadly South European' components in 23andMe.

Estimating Roman ancestry based on Y-DNA alone is very difficult because the Romans shared most of their haplogroups (such as R1b-U152, G2a-L497, G2a-U1, J2b2a-L283 and maybe even E-V13) with the Hallstatt and La Tène Celts (including the Gauls and Belgae). It's also not clear how haplogroups such as E-M34, E-M81, E-V22, J1, J2a, L1 and T1a got to the Benelux, although the ancient Romans/Italians are prime candidates. Altogether the former group (Italo-Celtic) makes up about 17% of the population. The latter group, that is to say the more recent Middle Eastern influx to the East Med, probably derived for the most part from the Kura-Araxes culture via Greece, amounts to 7.5%.

Based on the modern Y-DNA frequencies in the Latium, each group represent about half of the non-Germanic haplogroups. The ancient and modern Latium might be very different in terms of Y-DNA, but as it is the only good proxy we have at the moment, it is reasonable to say that 15% (± 5%) of Belgian Y-DNA might be of Roman origin. And that is exactly what the autosomal results from Living DNA say! At least now we know that, among all the potential Mediterranean populations that could have contributed to the above haplogroups, the Belgians correlate almost exclusively with the Central Italians autosomally. And indeed there is no other reasonable historical explanation for their presence. 5 or 6 years ago we might still have imagined that E-M34, E-V22, J1, J2a and T1a might have come to the Low Countries with Neolithic farmers. But that can be pretty much ruled out now. Even the G2a in Belgium is mostly of post-Indo-European origin, not Neolithic remnants from the LBK, Rössen or Michelsberg cultures.

Living DNA's autosomal composition isn't perfect yet, as all Belgians are reported to be mostly a mix of Southeast England, East Anglia, South England, Devon and Yorkshire. Overall Belgians get between 60% and 85% of British, depending on the individual, due to the close proximity and historical connections (Belgae, Anglo-Saxons) between the two populations. That should be resolved soon when more samples from the Benelux get tested. But when it comes to clearly differentiated populations (i.e. not immediate neighbours), like Central Italians, the results are pretty amazing.

I am really interested in seeing how other Europeans from former parts of the Roman Empire, especially outside Italy (too high Roman ancestry) and Britain (too low Roman ancestry) will turn out. Please share your results.
    For LivingDNA I get 13.7 Italian, 15.2 if you count Sardinian. Would this be related to Roman ancestry in the case of other ethnicities including Albanians?

North Italy: 6.7
    South Italy: 4
    Tuscany: 3
    Sardinia: 1.5

Spammer Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

Level
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 12.0%

(...)
    I am really interested in seeing how other Europeans from former parts of the Roman Empire, especially outside Italy (too high Roman ancestry) and Britain (too low Roman ancestry) will turn out. Please share your results.
    Their estimation from Italy is 4.8% Tuscany and 5% South Italy.
    But also 8.7% England... although all the ancestors I know for 150-200 years are from a small region in central-south Romania.
    Y-DNA G2a-P303

Princess Achievements:
    Overdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteranThree Friends
    Level
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 561
    Overall activity: 11.0%

Ethnic group
    Italian,Irish,Jewish

It's more likely to be a Neolithic connection with Tuscans who are already mostly Neolithic in makeup, that's my bet
    mmmmmmmmm dooouuughhhnuuuutz

Three Friends1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Community Award
    Level
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 254
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

Ethnic group
    Italian

Is the Central Italian component in Living DNA a good proxy for Roman ancestry?

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    It's more likely to be a Neolithic connection with Tuscans who are already mostly Neolithic in makeup, that's my bet
    It could also be both: Neolithic Tuscan connection and Italic Roman.

I also would like to congratulate you, Your Majesty, for being Anointed as the new:
    King of New York”!
    King Davef

Last edited by Salento; 03-11-18 at 04:15. Reason: King of New York Portrait
    But you oh Messapo, Tamer of Horses ... that no one, with neither iron nor fire can break down! “Virgil”

Awards:
    Community Award
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

Ethnic group
    Italian

Is the Central Italian component in Living DNA a good proxy for Roman ancestry?

imo It’s possible that there’s Roman DNA assigned to UK Results.
    Look at this Map:

It Matches the Southern Roman settlements and Towns, the Antonine Wall to the North, but Nothing in the Middle.

East Anglia shows the highest %, and is the region of Queen Boudica of the Iceni, who led an uprising of about 100-Thousand Spears against Rome, but ... (a great story).
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boudica

I’ve been told that those DNA Markers could have come into Italy with the Lombards, or the Normans.
    It could be, but I doubt it; no German and no Scandinavian DNA % in this case.

Princess Achievements:
    Overdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteranThree Friends
    Level
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 561

Ethnic group
    Italian,Irish,Jewish

Quote Originally Posted by Salento View Post
    It could also be both: Neolithic Tuscan connection and Italic Roman.

I also would like to congratulate you, Your Majesty, for being Anointed as the new:
    King of New York”!
    King Davef

Lol thanks! It's a shame our current New York King Cuomidus Taxmaximus still has the throne
    )

Spammer Achievements:

Level

imo It’s possible that there’s Roman DNA assigned to UK Results.
    Look at this Map:

It Matches the Southern Roman settlements and Towns, the Antonine Wall to the North, but Nothing in the Middle.

East Anglia shows the highest %, and is the region of Queen Boudica of the Iceni, who led an uprising of about 100-Thousand Spears against Rome, but ... (a great story).

I’ve been told that those DNA Markers could have come into Italy with the Lombards, or the Normans.
    It could be, but I doubt it; no German and no Scandinavian DNA % in this case.
    I read now for the first time about Iceni, Boudica or Boadicea. Sound... Romanian for me.
    The term Iceni struck me because it is meaningful in Romanian language!
    Does anyone know if the word "Iceni" has other meaning in English?
    - In Romanian it is used as a suffix in the name of many localities (like Topliceni, Dobriceni, Fălticeni, Băiceni, Urziceni, Voiniceni ...) (and even in the names of people in forms like "icean", "iceanu").
    The meaning of -iceni in Romanian is (peoples) from here or from this place. I am not a linguist, but I think iceni comes in Romanian from the adverb aici (here) with the old forms ici, ice, icea, still used, from which the iceni suffix with the same meaning from here or from this place.
    and even more ...
    - Romanian names similar with Boudica or Boadicea: Budica, Bădicea(this is also a locality), Badicean, Budicean, Bădiceanu.

What do you think that means?
    Last edited by gidai; 07-11-18 at 20:00.

Awards:
    Community Award
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

Ethnic group
    Italian

If words were not easy to pronounce or sounded too strange, a Romanization of the Names culd have occurred.
    It happens all the time. For example, in the past in the United States, countless immigrants had their names changed at their port of entry by mistake, and sometimes by choice in order to sound more Americans.
    Even today, to me personally is a daily thing, many people call me ...rio, I even get junk mail with that Name. That’s not my Name at all, LOL.
    I stopped correcting it years ago to people, I gave up. All my neighbors, knows my real Name, but ...rio it’s easier for them.

Spammer Achievements:

Level

Salento, I think your argument could be a verry good explanation, but I have now looked at the localities and only one (Dobriceni) is on the territory controlled by the Romans in Dacia. And anyway, England has been under Roman occupation for much longer than Dacia but I do not know that such locality name exist there. That's why I think that it would not be excluded that tribe of Celts borrowed from Dacia the way to call themselves before the Roman conquests.

Awards:
    Community Award
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by gidai View Post
    Salento, I think your argument could be a verry good explanation, but I have now looked at the localities and only one (Dobriceni) is on the territory controlled by the Romans in Dacia. And anyway, England has been under Roman occupation for much longer than Dacia but I do not know that such locality name exist there. That's why I think that it would not be excluded that tribe of Celts borrowed from Dacia the way to call themselves before the Roman conquests.
    You've probably already looked at it, but if someone else is curious:

... Kenneth Jackson concludes, based on later development of Welsh and Irish, that the name derives from the Proto-Celtic feminine adjective *boudīkā, "victorious", that in turn is derived from the Celtic word *boudā, "victory" (cf. Irish bua (Classical Irish buadh), Buaidheach, Welsh buddugoliaeth), and that the correct spelling of the name in Common Brittonic (the British Celtic language) is Boudica, pronounced Celtic pronunciation: [bɒʊˈdiːkaː]. ....

.... Thomas Browne claims that the Iceni got their name from the Iken, the old name for the River Ouse, where the Iceni were said to have originated. ...
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iceni

Awards:
    Community Award
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

Ethnic group
    Italian

@Davef you’re welcome

Spammer Achievements:

Level

... Kenneth Jackson concludes, based on later development of Welsh and Irish, that the name derives from the Proto-Celtic feminine adjective *boudīkā, "victorious", that in turn is derived from the Celtic word *boudā, "victory" (cf. Irish bua (Classical Irish buadh), Buaidheach, Welsh buddugoliaeth), and that the correct spelling of the name in Common Brittonic (the British Celtic language) is Boudica, pronounced Celtic pronunciation: [bɒʊˈdiːkaː]. ....
    Besides what I said before, now... the word buda, budă has a lot of meanings in Romanian. and his derivatives are many... Not being a specialist, this takes me with dizziness. it's fantastic! Loool!
    buda, budă : to oppose, to keep away, shack, hut (even in the form of budică), name of people, rivers, localities, lakes... etc. https://dexonline.ro/definitie/buda/expandat
    Because I am not an expert in linguistics, I may be wrong. But apart from being purely coincidental .... maybe the similarities are drawn from a common linguistic background that remained because the Celts stayed quite long in the area of today Romania.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a-L1029*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H11a2*-146+

Ethnic group

Quote Originally Posted by td120 View Post
    First - Hello to everybody, my first post on this forum :- )

Here are my results from Living (my ancestry is mainly from Eastern and Western Thrace and to a lesser extent the Eastern Balkan mountains near the Black Sea..all ethnic Bulgarians).

Complete - SubRegions:

East Balkans- 22.4%
    West Balkans - 11%
    Pannonia - 10.1%
    Northeast Europe - 5.6%
    Mordovia - 3%
    Baltics- 2.4%
    South Italy-12.9%
    Tuscany-10.9%
    North Italy-3.4%
    Aegean-3.1%
    Germanic-8.4%
    Pastun-4.5%
    Kurdish-2.3%

Standard - Sub Regions:

East Balkans- 22.4%
    West Balkans - 11%
    Pannonia - 10.1%
    Northeast Europe - 5.6%
    South Italy-12.9%
    Tuscany-10.9%
    Germanic-8.4%
    Europe Unassigned-11.9%
    Pashtun-4.5%
    World Unassigned-2.3%

Cautious - Regional (this is the lowest level in this mode):

Northeast Europe-related ancestry - 49.1%
    Tuscany-related ancestry-32.1%
    Europe unassigned-11.9%
    Pashtun related ancestry- 4.5%
    World unassigned- 2.3%

I got 43% Italy/Greece on Ancestry ( and "Southeastern Europeans Genetic Community" with 95% confidence )

FTDNA gave me 74% Southeast Europe

23and me --- 5% Italian .

My Bulgarian matches on 23andme with 4 Bulgarian GrParents score between 2% and 14% Italian . My Greek matches with 4 Greek GrParents score between 3% and 43.3% Italian .
    Nice. I haven't seen any other Balkan peoples beside myself and another Albanian and one Greek. Are you ethnic Bulgarian? Thats what I am assuming. Its nice to have another Balkan individuals percentages.

So far it seems Albanians have more Aegean ancestry. I get roughly 65 percent Aegean. Another Albanian I recall got similar. We only differed in the Balkan category. I got 7.5 West Balkan and they some percentage of East Balkan. Aegean seems to cover most of Albania and Greece. Though, I am uncertain what the exact references for each category are.

1000 Experience PointsThree Friends1 year registered
    Level
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 232
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Quote Originally Posted by Dibran View Post
    Nice. I haven't seen any other Balkan peoples beside myself and another Albanian and one Greek. Are you ethnic Bulgarian? Thats what I am assuming. Its nice to have another Balkan individuals percentages.

So far it seems Albanians have more Aegean ancestry. I get roughly 65 percent Aegean. Another Albanian I recall got similar. We only differed in the Balkan category. I got 7.5 West Balkan and they some percentage of East Balkan. Aegean seems to cover most of Albania and Greece. Though, I am uncertain what the exact references for each category are.
    I have too 65 % of aegean in living dna☺️

Spammer Achievements:

Level

Some results from Balkans.

User Country Region East Balkans West Balkans Pannonia Total SEE Baltics NE Euro Fin.,Russia Mordovia Total NEE Aegean North Italy Tuscany South Italy Sardinia Iberia Basque Total SE NWE - GB France Germanic Scandinavia England,Wales Scotland,Ireland Total NWE Armenia,Cyprus North Turkey South Turkey Kurdish Iran Caucasus Levant Arabia Total WA Pashtun Sindh Total SA Siberia Mongolia,Manchuria Northeast China North China South China Southwest China Japan and Korea Southeast Asia Total EA Euro Unassigned Y-DNA mtDNA
    1 Romania East 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 3.6% 32.7% 4.8% 4.0% 45.1% 22.1% 3.8% 1.6% 2.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 29.5% 9.4% 9.4% 0.0% 0.0% 8.7% 0.0% 18.1% 0.0% 2.8% 1.5% 1.6% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 5.9% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 1.4% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 1.4% 0.0% I2a-S17250 T2a1b1a
    2 Romania South 57.0% 3.0% 3.0% 63.0% 0.0% 2.0% 0.0% 0.0% 2.0% 5.0% 0.0% 4.8% 5.0% 0.0% 1.2% 0.0% 16.0% 10.3% 6.0% 3.0% 1.3% 8.7% 0.0% 19.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% G2a-P303 X2e1b
    3 Romania South/West 36.8% 3.6% 4.1% 44.5% 4.7% 0.0% 0.0% 1.6% 6.3% 12.2% 3.8% 8.9% 0.0% 0.0% 3.8% 0.0% 28.7% 2.6% 1.3% 1.3% 0.0% 16.3% 0.0% 18.9% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 1.6% 0.0% 0.0% 1.6% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0%
    4 Serbia South 43.7% 7.1% 1.2% 52.0% 8.1% 1.5% 1.9% 0.0% 11.5% 4.7% 4.9% 13.0% 0.0% 0.0% 1.0% 0.0% 23.6% 7.0% 4.2% 0.0% 2.8% 1.9% 0.0% 8.9% 0.0% 2.4% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 1.6% 0.0% 4.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0%
    5 Serbia East 9.9% 13.5% 32.5% 55.9% 0.0% 12.9% 1.6% 2.4% 16.9% 0.0% 2.1% 8.5% 2.6% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 13.2% 7.5% 4.6% 0.0% 2.9% 3.5% 0.0% 11.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 2.8% 0.0% 0.0% 2.8% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0%
    6 Bulgaria N/A 13.0% 8.0% 6.0% 27.0% 2.0% 5.0% 6.0% 0.0% 13.0% 34.0% 13.0% 1.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 48.0% 3.0% 0.0% 3.0% 0.0% 8.0% 0.0% 11.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 1.0% 1.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0%
    7 Bulgaria N/A 18.0% 4.0% 14.0% 36.0% 3.0% 8.0% 0.0% 3.0% 14.0% 12.0% 6.0% 2.0% 12.0% 0.0% 5.0% 0.0% 37.0% 7.0% 3.0% 3.0% 1.0% 3.0% 0.0% 10.0% 0.0% 1.0% 0.0% 1.0% 0.0% 1.0% 0.0% 0.0% 3.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0%
    8 Bulgaria N/A 22.4% 11.0% 10.1% 43.5% 2.4% 5.6% 0.0% 3.0% 11.0% 3.1% 3.4% 10.9% 12.9% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 30.3% 8.4% 0.0% 8.4% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 8.4% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 2.3% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 2.3% 4.5% 0.0% 4.5% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0%
    9 Greece North/South 43.9% 0.0% 0.0% 43.9% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 14.0% 11.1% 0.0% 3.4% 0.0% 28.5% 3.5% 3.5% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 3.5% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 11.0% 0.0% 6.5% 0.0% 17.5% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 1.9%
    10 Greece North/South 5.5% 1.6% 1.5% 8.6% 0.0% 1.3% 0.0% 0.0% 1.3% 44.1% 3.5% 13.4% 12.3% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 73.3% 12.2% 8.0% 2.4% 1.8% 4.5% 0.0% 16.7% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0%
    11 Greece North/South 14.0% 0.0% 0.0% 14.0% 2.0% 0.0% 2.0% 0.0% 4.0% 30.5% 0.0% 10.0% 17.9% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 58.4% 11.9% 3.2% 2.7% 6.0% 1.8% 0.0% 13.7% 0.0% 6.3% 0.0% 1.3% 0.0% 0.0% 2.1% 0.0% 9.7% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% A1a
    12 Greece South 2.0% 0.0% 2.1% 4.1% 0.0% 0.0% 1.2% 0.0% 1.2% 44.2% 0.0% 11.3% 16.6% 1.7% 1.9% 0.0% 75.7% 7.5% 2.7% 1.4% 3.4% 5.6% 0.0% 13.1% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 2.3% 3.6% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 5.9% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% J1-PF7263 H1
    13 Albania North 0.0% 7.5% 0.0% 7.5% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 65.2% 6.7% 3.0% 4.0% 1.5% 0.0% 0.0% 80.4% 1.3% 0.0% 0.0% 1.3% 6.7% 0.0% 8.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 2.1% 2.1% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 1.9% R1a-L1029* H11a2*
    14 Albania South 6.4% 0.0% 0.0% 6.4% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 64.5% 1.3% 7.0% 0.0% 1.5% 0.0% 0.0% 74.3% 3.6% 1.2% 2.4% 0.0% 6.9% 0.0% 10.5% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 2.5% 0.0% 0.0% 2.5% 2.9% 0.0% 2.9% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 3.4% I-CTS10228 H-15
    15 Albania North 6.2% 12.1% 0.0% 18.3% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 59.0% 7.8% 12.8% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 79.6% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 2.1% 0.0% 2.1% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% E-V13>FGC33625 U1a1a
    Results from the Balkans distributed in different forum posts.
    Last edited by gidai; 16-11-18 at 15:45.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a-L1029*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H11a2*-146+

Ethnic group

......Results from the Balkans distributed in different forum posts.
    User Country Region East Balkans West Balkans Pannonia Total SEE Baltics NE Euro Fin.,Russia Mordovia Total NEE Aegean North Italy Tuscany South Italy Sardinia Iberia Basque Total SE NWE - GB France Germanic Scandinavia England,Wales Scotland,Ireland Total NWE Armenia,Cyprus North Turkey South Turkey Kurdish Iran Caucasus Levant Arabia Total WA Pashtun Sindh Total SA Siberia Mongolia,Manchuria Northeast China North China South China Southwest China Japan and Korea Southeast Asia Total EA Euro Unassigned Y-DNA mtDNA
    1 Romania East 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 3.6% 32.7% 4.8% 4.0% 45.1% 22.1% 3.8% 1.6% 2.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 29.5% 9.4% 9.4% 0.0% 0.0% 8.7% 0.0% 18.1% 0.0% 2.8% 1.5% 1.6% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 5.9% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 1.4% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 1.4% 0.0% I2a-S17250 T2a1b1a
    2 Romania South 57.0% 3.0% 3.0% 63.0% 0.0% 2.0% 0.0% 0.0% 2.0% 5.0% 0.0% 4.8% 5.0% 0.0% 1.2% 0.0% 16.0% 10.3% 6.0% 3.0% 1.3% 8.7% 0.0% 19.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% G2a-P303 X2e1b
    3 Romania South/West 36.8% 3.6% 4.1% 44.5% 4.7% 0.0% 0.0% 1.6% 6.3% 12.2% 3.8% 8.9% 0.0% 0.0% 3.8% 0.0% 28.7% 2.6% 1.3% 1.3% 0.0% 16.3% 0.0% 18.9% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 1.6% 0.0% 0.0% 1.6% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0%
    4 Serbia South 43.7% 7.1% 1.2% 52.0% 8.1% 1.5% 1.9% 0.0% 11.5% 4.7% 4.9% 13.0% 0.0% 0.0% 1.0% 0.0% 23.6% 7.0% 4.2% 0.0% 2.8% 1.9% 0.0% 8.9% 0.0% 2.4% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 1.6% 0.0% 4.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0%
    5 Serbia East 9.9% 13.5% 32.5% 55.9% 0.0% 12.9% 1.6% 2.4% 16.9% 0.0% 2.1% 8.5% 2.6% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 13.2% 7.5% 4.6% 0.0% 2.9% 3.5% 0.0% 11.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 2.8% 0.0% 0.0% 2.8% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0%
    6 Bulgaria N/A 13.0% 8.0% 6.0% 27.0% 2.0% 5.0% 6.0% 0.0% 13.0% 34.0% 13.0% 1.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 48.0% 3.0% 0.0% 3.0% 0.0% 8.0% 0.0% 11.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 1.0% 1.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0%
    7 Bulgaria N/A 18.0% 4.0% 14.0% 36.0% 3.0% 8.0% 0.0% 3.0% 14.0% 12.0% 6.0% 2.0% 12.0% 0.0% 5.0% 0.0% 37.0% 7.0% 3.0% 3.0% 1.0% 3.0% 0.0% 10.0% 0.0% 1.0% 0.0% 1.0% 0.0% 1.0% 0.0% 0.0% 3.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0%
    8 Bulgaria N/A 22.4% 11.0% 10.1% 43.5% 2.4% 5.6% 0.0% 3.0% 11.0% 3.1% 3.4% 10.9% 12.9% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 30.3% 8.4% 0.0% 8.4% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 8.4% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 2.3% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 2.3% 4.5% 0.0% 4.5% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0%
    9 Greece North/South 43.9% 0.0% 0.0% 43.9% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 14.0% 11.1% 0.0% 3.4% 0.0% 28.5% 3.5% 3.5% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 3.5% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 11.0% 0.0% 6.5% 0.0% 17.5% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 1.9%
    10 Greece North/South 5.5% 1.6% 1.5% 8.6% 0.0% 1.3% 0.0% 0.0% 1.3% 44.1% 3.5% 13.4% 12.3% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 73.3% 12.2% 8.0% 2.4% 1.8% 4.5% 0.0% 16.7% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0%
    11 Greece North/South 14.0% 0.0% 0.0% 14.0% 2.0% 0.0% 2.0% 0.0% 4.0% 30.5% 0.0% 10.0% 17.9% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 58.4% 11.9% 3.2% 2.7% 6.0% 1.8% 0.0% 13.7% 0.0% 6.3% 0.0% 1.3% 0.0% 0.0% 2.1% 0.0% 9.7% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% A1a
    12 Greece South 2.0% 0.0% 2.1% 4.1% 0.0% 0.0% 1.2% 0.0% 1.2% 44.2% 0.0% 11.3% 16.6% 1.7% 1.9% 0.0% 75.7% 7.5% 2.7% 1.4% 3.4% 5.6% 0.0% 13.1% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 2.3% 3.6% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 5.9% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% J1-PF7263 H1
    13 Albania North 0.0% 7.5% 0.0% 7.5% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 65.2% 6.7% 3.0% 4.0% 1.5% 0.0% 0.0% 80.4% 1.3% 0.0% 0.0% 1.3% 6.7% 0.0% 8.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 2.1% 2.1% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 1.9% R1a-L1029* H11a2*
    14 Albania South 6.4% 0.0% 0.0% 6.4% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 64.5% 1.3% 7.0% 0.0% 1.5% 0.0% 0.0% 74.3% 3.6% 1.2% 2.4% 0.0% 6.9% 0.0% 10.5% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 2.5% 0.0% 0.0% 2.5% 2.9% 0.0% 2.9% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 3.4%
    15 Albania North 6.2% 12.1% 0.0% 18.3% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 59.0% 7.8% 12.8% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 79.6% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 2.1% 0.0% 2.1% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% E-V13>FGC33625 U1a1a

I am number 13. I am Northern Albanian. Corrected it. Added nun haplogroups as we’ll.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a-L1029*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H11a2*-146+

Ethnic group

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriele Pashaj View Post
    I have too 65 % of aegean in living dna☺️
    Oh cool. Have you posted your results? Not sure I have seen them. You should post it here. Maybe Gidai can add you to the list.

Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 244

Y-DNA haplogroup
    proly R1B

Ethnic group
    Romanian

13 Albania North 0.0% 7.5% 0.0% 7.5% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 65.2% 6.7% 3.0% 4.0% 1.5% 0.0% 0.0% 80.4% 1.3% 0.0% 0.0% 1.3% 6.7% 0.0% 8.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 2.1% 2.1% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 1.9%
    14 Albania South 6.4% 0.0% 0.0% 6.4% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 64.5% 1.3% 7.0% 0.0% 1.5% 0.0% 0.0% 74.3% 3.6% 1.2% 2.4% 0.0% 6.9% 0.0% 10.5% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 2.5% 0.0% 0.0% 2.5% 2.9% 0.0% 2.9% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 3.4%
    Results from the Balkans distributed in different forum posts.
    Similarity with South Italy can be from common Greek ancestry.
    Similarity with North Italy, not only Italic, but also East Germanics and Gauls/Celtic people.
    Central Italy, mostly Romans, indeed.
    SW Romania was occupied by Roman Empire, so higher clustering to Tuscany makes a lot of sense.

Lol, someone from SW Romania scoring 16.3% similarity to England and Wales.
    Seems that Celts from Romania were related to Welsh Celts.

Spammer Achievements:

Level

Quote Originally Posted by mihaitzateo View Post
    Similarity with South Italy can be from common Greek ancestry.
    Similarity with North Italy, not only Italic, but also East Germanics and Gauls/Celtic people.
    Central Italy, mostly Romans, indeed.
    SW Romania was occupied by Roman Empire, so higher clustering to Tuscany makes a lot of sense.

Lol, someone from SW Romania scoring 16.3% similarity to England and Wales.
    Seems that Celts from Romania were related to Welsh Celts.
    Indeed, it seems that Romania has the highest similarity to England and NW Europe in the Balkans. However, only three tests are few and those from LDNA are known to inflate the proportion of England.
    Number 3 had a great-grandmother who was Austrian. Number 2 is mine with a lot of Balkans. Number one is from the eastern area of Romania, and in another test, that he made I think that with My Heritage, he has 90% Balkans... not 0%! So also the "Balkans", no matter what It mean, seems to be strong in Romania.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast