G2a2b2a1b-Z1817-Z725

taiabafa

Reaction score
Y-DNA haplogroup
G2a2b2a1b-G-Z725
mtDNA haplogroup
H13a1a
Good morning to all of you, I live in the province of Verona (Northern Italy), I have just done the test and I found out to be G2a G-Z725.
Some of you know something more than me
I know which is most common in the Tyrolean Austrian and Italian alps.
Thank you very much.

It seems that it's common in Austria, Switzerland and Germany, and present in the UK and France. I think you'll learn more if you search for the parent subclade G-L497, which seemingly arose in Western Anatolia, 10000 years ago, and accounts for about half of the European G samples.

I did ... the subclade is Z725 ... is there anyone with this suclade?

Hi pax augusta, according to you, this group is likely to come from the rhaetian people .... by chance do you have any more news ?.
It seems to me that you are Italian, too, where do I know?
thank you

Good morning to all of you, I live in the province of Verona (Northern Italy), I have just done the test and I found out to be G2a G-Z725.
Some of you know something more than me
I know which is most common in the Tyrolean Austrian and Italian alps.
Thank you very much.

join this below and speak/write to Chris , IIRC he is from south-tyrol and speaks german and italian

https://www.familytreedna.com/groups/alpine-dna-project-alp-gen-genealogy/about/background

Hello all,

I am G-Z726. I am awaiting results from ftDNA Big Y.
I am member of the ftDNA G-L497 project.
I am a descendant of a Gall David Mußgnug who was born about 1595 in Söllingen, Baden Wurttemburg. The name Gall seems unusual. I note that the Abby of St. Gall is about 200 miles away in Switzerland. I have enjoyed reading the commentary here and elsewhere about our origins. It seems that the G people were at one time abundant in Europe but at some point retreated into isolated places such valleys in the Tyrol.

hi, we were so many in the Neolithic, but with the arrival of R1 in Europe we were gone and we retired to the mountains ... to you the conclusions.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Eupedia Forum mobile app

I'm late to this thread, but I'll chime in as Z1817 . . . CTS2230 . . . Z726 . . . Z36217 (an English clade). Family can be solidly traced to Yorkshire c1550.

Of note there is a Celtish (Parisi) chariot burial in the region of their origin. I like to think that points to a link with the Parisi of the Seine.

It seems that the G people were at one time abundant in Europe but at some point retreated into isolated places such valleys in the Tyrol.
hi, we were so many in the Neolithic, but with the arrival of R1 in Europe we were gone and we retired to the mountains ... to you the conclusions.
The mountains were indeed good "refuges", but I'm not sure about "retreating". Perhaps at some degree, but it also may be that mountains were just more prone to continuity.
As for the arrival of people rich in R1, indeed it was a "course changing" for "Gs". For the sake of comparison, consider that G2 and R1b have both a TMRCA of abt. 20k years. Based on YFull data, imagine that at about 6800 years ago G2 as a whole had more than 40 lineages that survived to our days. R1b had about the half, if I checked it right. And we know what happened after that. ;)

The mountains were indeed good "refuges", but I'm not sure about "retreating". Perhaps at some degree, but it also may be that mountains were just more prone to continuity.
As for the arrival of people rich in R1, indeed it was a "course changing" for "Gs". For the sake of comparison, consider that G2 and R1b have both a TMRCA of abt. 20k years. Based on YFull data, imagine that at about 6800 years ago G2 as a whole had more than 40 lineages that survived to our days. R1b had about the half, if I checked it right. And we know what happened after that. ;)

Believe it or not, Regio, we actually agree on this point. At least about not retreating. I made a thread about how I think G2a's were a mountain based society that had some flatland success leading to genocide by the PIE's with the mountain fortress dwellers surviving not retreating.

This thread has been viewed 10135 times.

Back