Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33

Thread: Eurogenes J-Test

  1. #1
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Joey D's Avatar
    Join Date
    26-11-16
    Posts
    223
    Points
    1,906
    Level
    12
    Points: 1,906, Level: 12
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 244
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a1
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

    Ethnic group
    East Sicily
    Country: Australia



    Eurogenes J-Test

    I was just playing around with the Eurogenes J-Test K14, which is meant to focus on Ashkenazi ancestry, and came up with the following results:

    EAST_MED 30.09
    WEST_MED 17.09
    WEST_ASIAN 12.36
    ATLANTIC 9.6
    NORTH-CENTRAL_EURO 9.07
    MIDDLE_EASTERN 7.6
    ASHKENAZI 6.15
    SOUTH_BALTIC 4.53
    EAST_EURO 2.53
    Using 1 population approximation:
    1 GR @ 3.067442
    2 South_Italian_&_Sicilian @ 4.387729
    3 Tuscan @ 15.125918
    4 TR @ 20.270048
    5 North_Italian @ 20.810638
    6 RO @ 23.704042
    Using 4 populations approximation:
    1 GR + GR + GR + South_Italian_&_Sicilian @ 2.241637
    2 GR + GR + South_Italian_&_Sicilian + South_Italian_&_Sicilian @ 2.288302
    3 GR + GR + GR + GR @ 3.067442
    4 GR + South_Italian_&_Sicilian + South_Italian_&_Sicilian + South_Italian_&_Sicilian @ 3.147110
    5 Druze + GR + North_Italian + South_Italian_&_Sicilian @ 3.328096
    6 GR + GR + GR + Tuscan @ 3.337391


    Nothing unusual in any of that, but I was just wondering what TR stands for. Anyone know?
    Misseri e sceccu cu tuttâ tistera
    comu vi l’haju a diri, a vastunati
    ca mancu haju Sali di salera!

  2. #2
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Joey D's Avatar
    Join Date
    26-11-16
    Posts
    223
    Points
    1,906
    Level
    12
    Points: 1,906, Level: 12
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 244
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a1
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

    Ethnic group
    East Sicily
    Country: Australia



    Does it stand for Trabzon in Anatolia?

  3. #3
    Regular Member Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    zanipolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-03-11
    Posts
    2,073
    Points
    22,792
    Level
    46
    Points: 22,792, Level: 46
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 758
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - Z19945
    MtDNA haplogroup
    K1a4o

    Ethnic group
    Down Under
    Country: Australia



    Jtest 4-Ancestors Oracle
    This program is based on 4-Ancestors Oracle Version 0.96 by Alexandr Burnashev.
    Questions about results should be sent to him at: [email protected]
    Original concept proposed by Sergey Kozlov.
    Many thanks to Alexandr for helping us get this web version developed.

    Jtest Oracle population reference data revised 06 Nov 2012.

    Admix Results (sorted):

    # Population Percent
    1 ATLANTIC 18.47
    2 NORTH-CENTRAL_EURO 17.71
    3 WEST_MED 17.65
    4 EAST_MED 14.32
    5 SOUTH_BALTIC 11.19
    6 EAST_EURO 8.31
    7 ASHKENAZI 6.34
    8 WEST_ASIAN 6.02


    Finished reading population data. 78 populations found.
    14 components mode.

    --------------------------------

    Least-squares method.

    Using 1 population approximation:
    1 North_Italian @ 8.162397
    2 Serbian @ 11.635802
    3 RO @ 11.685098
    4 FR @ 11.846078
    5 AT @ 12.188935
    6 PT @ 12.239955
    7 Tuscan @ 12.644043
    8 ES @ 14.035453
    9 HU @ 15.010031
    10 West_&_Central_German @ 17.017729
    11 NL @ 18.326416
    12 Cornish @ 19.453119
    13 English @ 19.945911
    14 Orcadian @ 22.023157
    15 DK @ 22.424776
    16 IE @ 22.442537
    17 South_Italian_&_Sicilian @ 23.262260
    18 Scottish @ 23.651217
    19 NO @ 24.015430
    20 South_&_Central_Swedish @ 24.166956

    Using 2 populations approximation:
    1 50% AT +50% Tuscan @ 3.170818


    Using 3 populations approximation:
    1 50% AT +25% Tuscan +25% Tuscan @ 3.170818


    Using 4 populations approximation:
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    1 NL + North_Italian + RO + Tuscan @ 2.863931
    2 DK + North_Italian + RO + Tuscan @ 3.030746
    3 North_Italian + RO + Tuscan + West_&_Central_German @ 3.050653
    4 English + North_Italian + RO + Tuscan @ 3.052539
    5 AT + AT + Tuscan + Tuscan @ 3.170818
    6 Cornish + North_Italian + RO + Tuscan @ 3.173956
    7 AT + FR + RO + Tuscan @ 3.199459
    8 AT + ES + RO + Tuscan @ 3.292195
    9 AT + AT + North_Italian + Tuscan @ 3.321463
    10 NO + North_Italian + RO + Tuscan @ 3.331575
    11 NL + North_Italian + Serbian + Tuscan @ 3.392926
    12 AT + PT + RO + Tuscan @ 3.402045
    13 DK + RO + Tuscan + Tuscan @ 3.434940
    14 NO + RO + Tuscan + Tuscan @ 3.443808
    15 North_Italian + Orcadian + RO + Tuscan @ 3.456936
    16 North_Italian + Serbian + Tuscan + West_&_Central_German @ 3.457947
    17 NL + RO + Tuscan + Tuscan @ 3.488717
    18 NL + North_Italian + North_Italian + RO @ 3.492080
    19 FR + RO + Serbian + Tuscan @ 3.495113
    20 AT + ES + Serbian + Tuscan @ 3.499613

    Done.
    Father's Mtdna H95a1
    Grandfather Mtdna T2b24
    Great Grandfather Mtdna T1a1e
    GMother paternal side YDna R1b-S8172
    Mother's YDna R1a-Z282

  4. #4
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Joey D's Avatar
    Join Date
    26-11-16
    Posts
    223
    Points
    1,906
    Level
    12
    Points: 1,906, Level: 12
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 244
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a1
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

    Ethnic group
    East Sicily
    Country: Australia



    Quote Originally Posted by Joey D View Post
    Does it stand for Trabzon in Anatolia?
    Does anyone know what TR stands for?

  5. #5
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    15,301
    Points
    278,809
    Level
    100
    Points: 278,809, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by Joey D View Post
    Does anyone know what TR stands for?
    Perhaps Turkey? However, Turkey is so diverse it's rather meaningless.


    Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

  6. #6
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Dibran's Avatar
    Join Date
    25-09-16
    Posts
    788
    Points
    12,088
    Level
    33
    Points: 12,088, Level: 33
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 562
    Overall activity: 99.1%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a-L1029*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H11a2*-146+

    Ethnic group
    Albanian/Gheg/Dibran/Okshtun
    Country: United States



    Me:

    # Population Percent
    1 EAST_MED 22.98
    2 WEST_MED 22.21
    3 NORTH-CENTRAL_EURO 14.93
    4 ATLANTIC 10.65
    5 SOUTH_BALTIC 8.24
    6 WEST_ASIAN 7.88
    7 ASHKENAZI 6.57
    8 EAST_EURO 5.03
    9 MIDDLE_EASTERN 1.51


    Finished reading population data. 78 populations found.
    14 components mode.

    --------------------------------

    Least-squares method.

    Using 1 population approximation:
    1 Tuscan @ 8.166746
    2 North_Italian @ 12.043141
    3 South_Italian_&_Sicilian @ 14.057807

    Using 2 populations approximation:
    1 50% GR +50% North_Italian @ 7.843652


    Using 3 populations approximation:
    1 50% AT +25% Druze +25% Sardinian @ 6.337323


    Using 4 populations approximation:
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +
    1 Druze + RO + Sardinian + West_&_Central_German @ 5.734163
    2 Druze + NL + RO + Sardinian @ 5.844057
    3 Druze + English + RO + Sardinian @ 5.903175


    My Father:


    Admix Results (sorted):

    # Population Percent
    1 EAST_MED 23.17
    2 WEST_MED 19.99
    3 ATLANTIC 13.11
    4 SOUTH_BALTIC 11.67
    5 NORTH-CENTRAL_EURO 11.48
    6 WEST_ASIAN 6.79
    7 ASHKENAZI 6.02
    8 MIDDLE_EASTERN 3.97
    9 EAST_EURO 3.73


    Finished reading population data. 78 populations found.
    14 components mode.

    --------------------------------

    Least-squares method.

    Using 1 population approximation:
    1 Tuscan @ 8.976805
    2 North_Italian @ 10.489556
    3 South_Italian_&_Sicilian @ 12.837668


    Using 2 populations approximation:
    1 50% GR +50% North_Italian @ 5.169928


    Using 3 populations approximation:
    1 50% GR +25% PT +25% RO @ 4.931631


    Using 4 populations approximation:
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    1 Druze + LIT + Sardinian + Tuscan @ 4.563152
    2 AT + Druze + RO + Sardinian @ 4.622757
    3 GR + North_Italian + RO + Tuscan @ 4.655410

    My Mother:

    Admix Results (sorted):

    # Population Percent
    1 EAST_MED 19.62
    2 WEST_MED 18.97
    3 NORTH-CENTRAL_EURO 12.94
    4 ATLANTIC 11.38
    5 SOUTH_BALTIC 10.49
    6 WEST_ASIAN 10.31
    7 ASHKENAZI 6.98
    8 EAST_EURO 6.32
    9 MIDDLE_EASTERN 3.00


    Finished reading population data. 78 populations found.
    14 components mode.

    --------------------------------

    Least-squares method.

    Using 1 population approximation:
    1 Tuscan @ 9.946098
    2 North_Italian @ 11.117845
    3 RO @ 12.297221

    Using 2 populations approximation:
    1 50% RO +50% Tuscan @ 5.611048


    Using 3 populations approximation:
    1 50% RO +25% South_Italian_&_Sicilian +25% Tuscan @ 4.490748


    Using 4 populations approximation:
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +
    1 Assyrian + AT + Sardinian + Serbian @ 4.368093
    2 RO + RO + South_Italian_&_Sicilian + Tuscan @ 4.490748
    3 Assyrian + EE + Sardinian + Tuscan @ 4.571834

  7. #7
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    15,301
    Points
    278,809
    Level
    100
    Points: 278,809, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by Dibran View Post
    Me:

    # Population Percent
    1 EAST_MED 22.98
    2 WEST_MED 22.21
    3 NORTH-CENTRAL_EURO 14.93
    4 ATLANTIC 10.65
    5 SOUTH_BALTIC 8.24
    6 WEST_ASIAN 7.88
    7 ASHKENAZI 6.57
    8 EAST_EURO 5.03
    9 MIDDLE_EASTERN 1.51


    Finished reading population data. 78 populations found.
    14 components mode.

    --------------------------------

    Least-squares method.

    Using 1 population approximation:
    1 Tuscan @ 8.166746
    2 North_Italian @ 12.043141
    3 South_Italian_&_Sicilian @ 14.057807

    Using 2 populations approximation:
    1 50% GR +50% North_Italian @ 7.843652


    Using 3 populations approximation:
    1 50% AT +25% Druze +25% Sardinian @ 6.337323


    Using 4 populations approximation:
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +
    1 Druze + RO + Sardinian + West_&_Central_German @ 5.734163
    2 Druze + NL + RO + Sardinian @ 5.844057
    3 Druze + English + RO + Sardinian @ 5.903175


    My Father:


    Admix Results (sorted):

    # Population Percent
    1 EAST_MED 23.17
    2 WEST_MED 19.99
    3 ATLANTIC 13.11
    4 SOUTH_BALTIC 11.67
    5 NORTH-CENTRAL_EURO 11.48
    6 WEST_ASIAN 6.79
    7 ASHKENAZI 6.02
    8 MIDDLE_EASTERN 3.97
    9 EAST_EURO 3.73


    Finished reading population data. 78 populations found.
    14 components mode.

    --------------------------------

    Least-squares method.

    Using 1 population approximation:
    1 Tuscan @ 8.976805
    2 North_Italian @ 10.489556
    3 South_Italian_&_Sicilian @ 12.837668


    Using 2 populations approximation:
    1 50% GR +50% North_Italian @ 5.169928


    Using 3 populations approximation:
    1 50% GR +25% PT +25% RO @ 4.931631


    Using 4 populations approximation:
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    1 Druze + LIT + Sardinian + Tuscan @ 4.563152
    2 AT + Druze + RO + Sardinian @ 4.622757
    3 GR + North_Italian + RO + Tuscan @ 4.655410

    My Mother:

    Admix Results (sorted):

    # Population Percent
    1 EAST_MED 19.62
    2 WEST_MED 18.97
    3 NORTH-CENTRAL_EURO 12.94
    4 ATLANTIC 11.38
    5 SOUTH_BALTIC 10.49
    6 WEST_ASIAN 10.31
    7 ASHKENAZI 6.98
    8 EAST_EURO 6.32
    9 MIDDLE_EASTERN 3.00


    Finished reading population data. 78 populations found.
    14 components mode.

    --------------------------------

    Least-squares method.

    Using 1 population approximation:
    1 Tuscan @ 9.946098
    2 North_Italian @ 11.117845
    3 RO @ 12.297221

    Using 2 populations approximation:
    1 50% RO +50% Tuscan @ 5.611048


    Using 3 populations approximation:
    1 50% RO +25% South_Italian_&_Sicilian +25% Tuscan @ 4.490748


    Using 4 populations approximation:
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +
    1 Assyrian + AT + Sardinian + Serbian @ 4.368093
    2 RO + RO + South_Italian_&_Sicilian + Tuscan @ 4.490748
    3 Assyrian + EE + Sardinian + Tuscan @ 4.571834
    Not good fits, but that's to expected even in a good calculator because you're not, in fact, Italian.:)

    Do you know if there are Albanian reference samples? If there aren't, then it's not a terrible job, although you can ignore that Ashkenazi percentage.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassThree Friends1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Wheal's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-09-17
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    303
    Points
    6,113
    Level
    23
    Points: 6,113, Level: 23
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 437
    Overall activity: 19.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    Pat-U106-H-e1a4b2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H5a1b

    Ethnic group
    a true mutt
    Country: USA - Illinois



    what does IQ stand for?
    # Primary Population (source) Secondary Population (source) Distance
    1 92.4% NL + 7.6% Armenian @ 2.22
    2 93% NL + 7% GE @ 2.22
    3 91.4% NL + 8.6% TR @ 2.4
    4 89.3% NL + 10.7% South_Italian_&_Sicilian @ 2.57
    5 93% NL + 7% Assyrian @ 2.6
    6 90% NL + 10% GR @ 2.64
    7 76.6% English + 23.4% RO @ 2.66
    8 92.8% NL + 7.2% Kurdish @ 2.73
    9 93.4% NL + 6.6% Mandean @ 2.74
    10 91.2% NL + 8.8% AJ @ 2.82
    11 92.4% NL + 7.6% Lezgin @ 2.83
    12 92.9% NL + 7.1% IR @ 2.87
    13 86.4% NL + 13.6% Tuscan @ 2.9
    14 83.8% NL + 16.2% North_Italian @ 2.91
    15 95.1% West_&_Central_German + 4.9% GE @ 2.91
    16 87.3% West_&_Central_German + 12.7% North_Italian @ 2.98
    17 95% West_&_Central_German + 5% Armenian @ 3.01
    18 73.8% English + 26.2% Serbian @ 3.02
    19 93.5% West_&_Central_German + 6.5% AJ @ 3.02
    20 93.6% NL + 6.4% IQ @ 3.03

  9. #9
    Elite member Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    IronSide's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-10-16
    Age
    24
    Posts
    883
    Points
    8,064
    Level
    26
    Points: 8,064, Level: 26
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 71.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2c2
    MtDNA haplogroup
    T2e1

    Country: United Arab Emirates



    2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
    # Population Percent

    1 MIDDLE_EASTERN 47.88
    2 EAST_MED 35.89
    3 ASHKENAZI 4.43
    4 EAST_AFRICAN 3.25
    5 WEST_MED 3.12
    6 SOUTH_ASIAN 2.48
    7 WEST_ASIAN 2.32
    8 SIBERIAN 0.31
    9 EAST_ASIAN 0.27
    10 WEST_AFRICAN 0.03

    # Population (source) Distance

    1 Bedouin 10.15
    2 Samaritan 23.56
    3 IQ 26.05
    4 Algerian 31.94
    5 Druze 34.44
    6 Mandean 34.56
    7 Assyrian 38.31
    8 Moroccan 38.57
    9 South_Italian_&_Sicilian 39.78
    10 Mozabite_Berber 40.13
    11 GR 41.45
    12 TR 43.06
    13 Kurdish 43.49
    14 IR 43.82
    15 Armenian 43.89
    16 AJ 44.83
    17 Tuscan 48.66
    18 North_Italian 51.53
    19 RO 52.06
    20 Serbian 52.39

    # Primary Population (source) Secondary Population (source) Distance
    1 78% Bedouin + 22% Druze @ 3.1
    2 71.2% Bedouin + 28.8% Samaritan @ 3.85
    3 73.9% Bedouin + 26.1% IQ @ 4.57
    4 79.3% Bedouin + 20.7% Mandean @ 4.77
    5 81.1% Bedouin + 18.9% Assyrian @ 4.92
    6 83.3% Bedouin + 16.7% Kurdish @ 5.32
    7 82.7% Bedouin + 17.3% GR @ 5.34
    8 83.5% Bedouin + 16.5% IR @ 5.37
    9 83.4% Bedouin + 16.6% TR @ 5.52
    10 83.7% Bedouin + 16.3% Armenian @ 5.55
    11 82.5% Bedouin + 17.5% South_Italian_&_Sicilian @ 5.8
    12 85% Bedouin + 15% AJ @ 6.43
    13 88.3% Bedouin + 11.7% Brahui @ 6.61
    14 88.5% Bedouin + 11.5% Balochi @ 6.68
    15 86.4% Bedouin + 13.6% Tuscan @ 6.73
    16 88.7% Bedouin + 11.3% GE @ 7.04
    17 87.6% Bedouin + 12.4% RO @ 7.07
    18 89.1% Bedouin + 10.9% Lezgin @ 7.23
    19 87.8% Bedouin + 12.2% North_Italian @ 7.24
    20 88.1% Bedouin + 11.9% Serbian @ 7.34

    IQ stands for Iraq.

  10. #10
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassThree Friends1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Wheal's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-09-17
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    303
    Points
    6,113
    Level
    23
    Points: 6,113, Level: 23
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 437
    Overall activity: 19.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    Pat-U106-H-e1a4b2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H5a1b

    Ethnic group
    a true mutt
    Country: USA - Illinois



    Mother-In-Law

    Admix Results (sorted):

    # Population Percent
    1 ATLANTIC 27.47
    2 NORTH-CENTRAL_EURO 27.34
    3 SOUTH_BALTIC 14.95
    4 WEST_MED 9.56
    5 EAST_EURO 7.47
    6 EAST_MED 5.52
    7 WEST_ASIAN 3.89
    8 ASHKENAZI 2.26
    9 WEST_AFRICAN 1.12


    Finished reading population data. 78 populations found.
    14 components mode.

    --------------------------------

    Least-squares method.

    Using 1 population approximation:
    1 West_&_Central_German @ 5.684823
    2 English @ 5.746151
    3 NL @ 5.921762
    4 Cornish @ 6.209104
    5 Orcadian @ 6.896928
    6 IE @ 7.881264
    7 Scottish @ 8.054618
    8 DK @ 9.211998
    9 NO @ 10.689075
    10 South_&_Central_Swedish @ 10.878337
    11 FR @ 11.816156
    12 AT @ 12.978308
    13 North_Swedish @ 15.217869
    14 HU @ 18.925611
    15 PT @ 19.551989
    16 ES @ 20.024239
    17 Serbian @ 21.450283
    18 North_Italian @ 23.134184
    19 South_Finnish @ 23.798943
    20 RO @ 24.570669

    Using 2 populations approximation:
    1 50% Cornish +50% West_&_Central_German @ 5.089766


    Using 3 populations approximation:
    1 50% Cornish +25% West_&_Central_German +25% West_&_Central_German @ 5.089766


    Using 4 populations approximation:
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    1 English + Scottish + West_&_Central_German + West_&_Central_German @ 4.922084
    2 Scottish + West_&_Central_German + West_&_Central_German + West_&_Central_German @ 4.955482
    3 FR + Scottish + West_&_Central_German + West_&_Central_German @ 4.992646
    4 Cornish + Scottish + West_&_Central_German + West_&_Central_German @ 4.998322
    5 Cornish + English + West_&_Central_German + West_&_Central_German @ 5.043334
    6 English + FR + Scottish + West_&_Central_German @ 5.047294
    7 North_Italian + Scottish + Scottish + South_&_Central_Swedish @ 5.053798
    8 AT + English + English + Scottish @ 5.078970
    9 NL + Scottish + West_&_Central_German + West_&_Central_German @ 5.088163
    10 Cornish + Cornish + West_&_Central_German + West_&_Central_German @ 5.089766
    11 Cornish + Orcadian + West_&_Central_German + West_&_Central_German @ 5.132027
    12 English + Orcadian + West_&_Central_German + West_&_Central_German @ 5.132769
    13 FR + NL + Scottish + West_&_Central_German @ 5.153668
    14 English + English + Scottish + West_&_Central_German @ 5.165564
    15 FR + Orcadian + Scottish + West_&_Central_German @ 5.166962
    16 Cornish + West_&_Central_German + West_&_Central_German + West_&_Central_German @ 5.171005
    17 English + NL + Scottish + West_&_Central_German @ 5.172164
    18 FR + Scottish + Scottish + West_&_Central_German @ 5.180588
    19 English + English + West_&_Central_German + West_&_Central_German @ 5.191317
    20 Cornish + English + English + West_&_Central_German @ 5.193468

    Done.

    Elapsed time 0.0764 seconds.

  11. #11
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    15,301
    Points
    278,809
    Level
    100
    Points: 278,809, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by Wheal View Post
    what does IQ stand for?
    # Primary Population (source) Secondary Population (source) Distance
    1 92.4% NL + 7.6% Armenian @ 2.22
    2 93% NL + 7% GE @ 2.22
    3 91.4% NL + 8.6% TR @ 2.4
    4 89.3% NL + 10.7% South_Italian_&_Sicilian @ 2.57
    5 93% NL + 7% Assyrian @ 2.6
    6 90% NL + 10% GR @ 2.64
    7 76.6% English + 23.4% RO @ 2.66
    8 92.8% NL + 7.2% Kurdish @ 2.73
    9 93.4% NL + 6.6% Mandean @ 2.74
    10 91.2% NL + 8.8% AJ @ 2.82
    11 92.4% NL + 7.6% Lezgin @ 2.83
    12 92.9% NL + 7.1% IR @ 2.87
    13 86.4% NL + 13.6% Tuscan @ 2.9
    14 83.8% NL + 16.2% North_Italian @ 2.91
    15 95.1% West_&_Central_German + 4.9% GE @ 2.91
    16 87.3% West_&_Central_German + 12.7% North_Italian @ 2.98
    17 95% West_&_Central_German + 5% Armenian @ 3.01
    18 73.8% English + 26.2% Serbian @ 3.02
    19 93.5% West_&_Central_German + 6.5% AJ @ 3.02
    20 93.6% NL + 6.4% IQ @ 3.03
    Iraq, I think. These Oracle results are so misleading. All it's saying is that you're pulled a little bit more South East than the typical person from the Netherlands.

    @Ironside,
    Terrible fits for you.

  12. #12
    Elite member Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    IronSide's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-10-16
    Age
    24
    Posts
    883
    Points
    8,064
    Level
    26
    Points: 8,064, Level: 26
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 71.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2c2
    MtDNA haplogroup
    T2e1

    Country: United Arab Emirates



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    @Ironside,
    Terrible fits for you.
    Yeah, I know, but to be fair all calculators couldn't solve the enigma that is me hahaha.

    It's just a Bedouin shifted north.

  13. #13
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassThree Friends1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Wheal's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-09-17
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    303
    Points
    6,113
    Level
    23
    Points: 6,113, Level: 23
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 437
    Overall activity: 19.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    Pat-U106-H-e1a4b2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H5a1b

    Ethnic group
    a true mutt
    Country: USA - Illinois



    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Me

    Admix Results (sorted):

    # Population Percent
    1 NORTH-CENTRAL_EURO 25.29
    2 ATLANTIC 23.34
    3 SOUTH_BALTIC 11.87
    4 WEST_MED 11.65
    5 EAST_EURO 11.36
    6 EAST_MED 6.50
    7 WEST_ASIAN 5.79
    8 ASHKENAZI 2.56
    9 MIDDLE_EASTERN 1.12


    Finished reading population data. 78 populations found.
    14 components mode.

    --------------------------------

    Least-squares method.

    Using 1 population approximation:
    1 West_&_Central_German @ 4.071207
    2 NL @ 5.232255
    3 English @ 7.060722
    4 Cornish @ 7.602584
    5 Orcadian @ 8.931157
    6 DK @ 9.191463
    7 IE @ 9.436557
    8 AT @ 9.467273
    9 FR @ 9.874465
    10 NO @ 10.848557
    11 Scottish @ 11.094979
    12 South_&_Central_Swedish @ 11.348097
    13 North_Swedish @ 14.524598
    14 HU @ 15.508834
    15 Serbian @ 16.540457
    16 PT @ 17.076302
    17 ES @ 18.054756
    18 North_Italian @ 19.876646
    19 RO @ 20.169868
    20 South_Finnish @ 22.413877

    Using 2 populations approximation:
    1 50% West_&_Central_German +50% West_&_Central_German @ 4.071207


    Using 3 populations approximation:
    1 50% IE +25% North_Swedish +25% Tuscan @ 2.101825


    Using 4 populations approximation:
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    1 IE + NL + North_Swedish + Tuscan @ 1.699145
    2 IE + North_Swedish + Tuscan + West_&_Central_German @ 1.751061
    3 English + IE + North_Swedish + Tuscan @ 1.881683
    4 IE + NO + NO + Tuscan @ 1.987428
    5 IE + NO + South_&_Central_Swedish + Tuscan @ 2.002522
    6 IE + South_&_Central_Swedish + Tuscan + West_&_Central_German @ 2.005332
    7 IE + NO + Tuscan + West_&_Central_German @ 2.008247
    8 NL + North_Swedish + Orcadian + Tuscan @ 2.011206
    9 DK + IE + South_&_Central_Swedish + Tuscan @ 2.066249
    10 North_Swedish + Orcadian + Tuscan + West_&_Central_German @ 2.073035
    11 IE + North_Swedish + Orcadian + Tuscan @ 2.088562
    12 IE + NL + South_&_Central_Swedish + Tuscan @ 2.096090
    13 IE + IE + North_Swedish + Tuscan @ 2.101825
    14 NL + North_Swedish + Scottish + Tuscan @ 2.134295
    15 English + North_Swedish + Orcadian + Tuscan @ 2.135015
    16 IE + South_&_Central_Swedish + South_&_Central_Swedish + Tuscan @ 2.139671
    17 DK + IE + North_Swedish + Tuscan @ 2.139960
    18 IE + NL + NO + Tuscan @ 2.154949
    19 North_Swedish + Scottish + Tuscan + West_&_Central_German @ 2.171458
    20 DK + IE + NO + Tuscan @ 2.172866

  14. #14
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassThree Friends1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Wheal's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-09-17
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    303
    Points
    6,113
    Level
    23
    Points: 6,113, Level: 23
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 437
    Overall activity: 19.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    Pat-U106-H-e1a4b2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H5a1b

    Ethnic group
    a true mutt
    Country: USA - Illinois



    My Brother

    Admix Results (sorted):

    # Population Percent
    1 NORTH-CENTRAL_EURO 24.66
    2 ATLANTIC 23.70
    3 EAST_EURO 12.62
    4 SOUTH_BALTIC 12.58
    5 WEST_MED 12.48
    6 ASHKENAZI 5.16
    7 WEST_ASIAN 4.82
    8 EAST_MED 2.76
    9 SOUTH_ASIAN 1.11

    Finished reading population data. 78 populations found.
    14 components mode.
    --------------------------------

    Least-squares method.

    Using 1 population approximation:
    1 NL @ 4.648141
    2 West_&_Central_German @ 4.967678
    3 Cornish @ 6.340489
    4 English @ 6.566448
    5 Orcadian @ 7.627528
    6 DK @ 7.842877
    7 IE @ 8.305030
    8 NO @ 9.394057
    9 AT @ 9.850455
    10 Scottish @ 9.947353
    11 South_&_Central_Swedish @ 10.084280
    12 FR @ 10.559003
    13 North_Swedish @ 13.257466
    14 HU @ 15.639114
    15 PT @ 18.349482
    16 Serbian @ 18.473440
    17 ES @ 18.944820
    18 South_Finnish @ 21.009403
    19 RO @ 21.706125
    20 North_Italian @ 21.952274

    Using 2 populations approximation:
    1 50% AT +50% IE @ 4.239411

    Using 3 populations approximation:
    1 50% NO +25% North_Italian +25% Orcadian @ 3.753988

    Using 4 populations approximation:
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    1 AT + FR + IE + NO @ 3.426720
    2 AT + DK + FR + IE @ 3.456467
    3 DK + FR + HU + IE @ 3.509847
    4 AT + FR + NO + Orcadian @ 3.536028
    5 AT + DK + FR + Orcadian @ 3.540916
    6 AT + FR + IE + South_&_Central_Swedish @ 3.634360
    7 DK + FR + HU + Orcadian @ 3.660428
    8 AT + DK + DK + FR @ 3.663828
    9 AT + Cornish + FR + NO @ 3.667149
    10 IE + NO + NO + North_Italian @ 3.702612
    11 AT + Cornish + NL + NL @ 3.725550
    12 AT + DK + FR + NO @ 3.731890
    13 FR + HU + IE + NO @ 3.744875
    14 DK + IE + North_Italian + North_Swedish @ 3.745740
    15 AT + English + FR + NO @ 3.751749
    16 NO + NO + North_Italian + Orcadian @ 3.753988
    17 DK + FR + HU + Scottish @ 3.756085
    18 AT + FR + NO + Scottish @ 3.758859
    19 DK + IE + NO + North_Italian @ 3.763170
    20 AT + FR + NL + NO @ 3.767783

  15. #15
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassThree Friends1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Wheal's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-09-17
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    303
    Points
    6,113
    Level
    23
    Points: 6,113, Level: 23
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 437
    Overall activity: 19.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    Pat-U106-H-e1a4b2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H5a1b

    Ethnic group
    a true mutt
    Country: USA - Illinois



    Family Group
    Attachment 9437

  16. #16
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    17-06-17
    Posts
    127
    Points
    2,943
    Level
    15
    Points: 2,943, Level: 15
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 11.0%


    Country: United States



    2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
    Admix Results (sorted):

    # Population Percent
    1 SOUTH_ASIAN 49.83
    2 WEST_ASIAN 24.47
    3 EAST_EURO 13.82
    4 EAST_MED 6.63
    5 ASHKENAZI 1.54
    6 ATLANTIC 1.41
    7 SOUTH_BALTIC 1.26
    8 SIBERIAN 1.05

  17. #17
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Dibran's Avatar
    Join Date
    25-09-16
    Posts
    788
    Points
    12,088
    Level
    33
    Points: 12,088, Level: 33
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 562
    Overall activity: 99.1%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a-L1029*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H11a2*-146+

    Ethnic group
    Albanian/Gheg/Dibran/Okshtun
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Not good fits, but that's to expected even in a good calculator because you're not, in fact, Italian.:)

    Do you know if there are Albanian reference samples? If there aren't, then it's not a terrible job, although you can ignore that Ashkenazi percentage.
    To my knowledge, no Albanian sample for this calc. I suppose then, it took the closest fit.

  18. #18
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Dibran's Avatar
    Join Date
    25-09-16
    Posts
    788
    Points
    12,088
    Level
    33
    Points: 12,088, Level: 33
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 562
    Overall activity: 99.1%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a-L1029*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H11a2*-146+

    Ethnic group
    Albanian/Gheg/Dibran/Okshtun
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Not good fits, but that's to expected even in a good calculator because you're not, in fact, Italian.:)

    Do you know if there are Albanian reference samples? If there aren't, then it's not a terrible job, although you can ignore that Ashkenazi percentage.
    I find Gedrosia K13 most accurate. My moms results are the most off, perhaps shes more mixed. On AncestryDNA with the recent update she is 75% Greece/Albania/Turkey, 20% Northeast Italy/Croatia/Bosnia, and 3% Caucasus and 1% Ashkenazi

    Admix Results (sorted):

    # Population Percent
    1 CHG_EEF 38.43
    2 ANATOLIA_NEOLITHIC 22.29
    3 NATUFIAN 11.01
    4 IRAN_NEOLITHIC 10.25
    5 SHG_WHG 8.72
    6 EHG 8.13
    7 POLAR 1.17


    Finished reading population data. 145 populations found.
    13 components mode.

    --------------------------------

    Least-squares method.

    Using 1 population approximation:
    1 Albanian @ 2.072113
    2 Greek @ 3.836894
    3 Bulgarian @ 6.713923


    Using 2 populations approximation:
    1 50% Albanian +50% Albanian @ 2.072113


    Using 3 populations approximation:
    1 50% Albanian +25% Albanian +25% Greek @ 1.963928


    Using 4 populations approximation:
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++
    1 Albanian + Albanian + Albanian + Greek @ 1.963928

    Father:

    gedrosia K13 Oracle

    Admix Results (sorted):

    # Population Percent
    1 CHG_EEF 38.20
    2 ANATOLIA_NEOLITHIC 23.87
    3 NATUFIAN 10.80
    4 IRAN_NEOLITHIC 9.97
    5 EHG 8.27
    6 SHG_WHG 6.43
    7 POLAR 2.47


    Finished reading population data. 145 populations found.
    13 components mode.

    --------------------------------

    Least-squares method.

    Using 1 population approximation:
    1 Albanian @ 3.149135
    2 Greek @ 5.181849
    3 Sicilian @ 8.233935

    Using 2 populations approximation:
    1 50% Albanian +50% Albanian @ 3.149135


    Using 3 populations approximation:
    1 50% Albanian +25% Albanian +25% Albanian @ 3.149135


    Using 4 populations approximation:
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++
    1 Albanian + Albanian + Albanian + Albanian @ 3.149135

    My Mother:

    gedrosia K13 Oracle

    Admix Results (sorted):

    # Population Percent
    1 CHG_EEF 36.67
    2 ANATOLIA_NEOLITHIC 20.81
    3 IRAN_NEOLITHIC 11.82
    4 NATUFIAN 11.06
    5 SHG_WHG 9.04
    6 EHG 8.34
    7 SUB_SAHARAN 1.27


    Finished reading population data. 145 populations found.
    13 components mode.

    --------------------------------

    Least-squares method.

    Using 1 population approximation:
    1 Greek @ 2.912852
    2 Albanian @ 3.704404
    3 Sicilian @ 7.101740

    Using 2 populations approximation:
    1 50% Bulgarian +50% Sicilian @ 2.524160


    Using 3 populations approximation:
    1 50% Albanian +25% Cypriot +25% French @ 2.473882


    Using 4 populations approximation:
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++
    1 English + Jew_Moroccan + Kumyk + Sardinian @ 1.920337


  19. #19
    Princess Achievements:
    Overdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteranThree Friends
    davef's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-06-16
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,216
    Points
    11,163
    Level
    31
    Points: 11,163, Level: 31
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 87
    Overall activity: 0%


    Ethnic group
    Italian,Irish,Jewish
    Country: USA - New York



    Lukasz found the samples that the jtest uses to represent Ashkenazis, they're super outliers in the k13 test for some odd reason but more normal in the others.

    I think this may be why full blooded Ashkenazim don't score as high in this test as in 23andme.

    http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthre...ighlight=Jtest

  20. #20
    Elite member Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    IronSide's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-10-16
    Age
    24
    Posts
    883
    Points
    8,064
    Level
    26
    Points: 8,064, Level: 26
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 71.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2c2
    MtDNA haplogroup
    T2e1

    Country: United Arab Emirates



    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    I'm close to BA Levant (Kit M291439)

    # Population Percent
    1 MIDDLE_EASTERN 45.72
    2 EAST_MED 37.48
    3 WEST_MED 7.85
    4 ASHKENAZI 4.45
    5 WEST_ASIAN 4.06
    6 EAST_ASIAN 0.45

    # Population (source) Distance
    1 Bedouin 13.81
    2 Samaritan 19.66
    3 IQ 24.57
    4 Algerian 31.39
    5 Druze 31.65
    6 Mandean 32.28
    7 Assyrian 35.6
    8 South_Italian_&_Sicilian 36.76
    9 Moroccan 37.55
    10 GR 38.25
    11 Mozabite_Berber 39.53
    12 TR 40.65
    13 Armenian 41.02
    14 Kurdish 41.74
    15 IR 42.4
    16 AJ 43.04
    17 Tuscan 45.9
    18 North_Italian 49.01
    19 RO 50.09
    20 Serbian 50.66

    Mixed Mode Population Sharing:

    # Primary Population (source) Secondary Population (source) Distance
    1 59.2% Bedouin + 40.8% Samaritan @ 3.65
    2 71% Bedouin + 29% Druze @ 5.29
    3 75.7% Bedouin + 24.3% GR @ 6.71
    4 74.5% Bedouin + 25.5% Assyrian @ 6.94
    5 72.8% Bedouin + 27.2% Mandean @ 7.28
    6 77.6% Bedouin + 22.4% Armenian @ 7.38
    7 75.5% Bedouin + 24.5% South_Italian_&_Sicilian @ 7.39
    8 67.1% Bedouin + 32.9% IQ @ 7.79
    9 77.9% Bedouin + 22.1% TR @ 7.89
    10 78.9% Bedouin + 21.1% Kurdish @ 8.45
    11 80.8% Bedouin + 19.2% Tuscan @ 8.7
    12 79.6% Bedouin + 20.4% IR @ 8.82
    13 80.5% Bedouin + 19.5% AJ @ 9.31
    14 82.7% Bedouin + 17.3% North_Italian @ 9.48
    15 86.2% Bedouin + 13.8% Sardinian @ 9.59
    16 84.6% Bedouin + 15.4% GE @ 9.63
    17 83.5% Bedouin + 16.5% RO @ 9.79
    18 84.3% Bedouin + 15.7% Serbian @ 10.24
    19 86.1% Bedouin + 13.9% Lezgin @ 10.42
    20 85% Bedouin + 15% PT @ 10.6

  21. #21
    Princess Achievements:
    Overdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteranThree Friends
    davef's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-06-16
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,216
    Points
    11,163
    Level
    31
    Points: 11,163, Level: 31
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 87
    Overall activity: 0%


    Ethnic group
    Italian,Irish,Jewish
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by IronSide View Post
    I'm close to BA Levant (Kit M291439)

    # Population Percent
    1 MIDDLE_EASTERN 45.72
    2 EAST_MED 37.48
    3 WEST_MED 7.85
    4 ASHKENAZI 4.45
    5 WEST_ASIAN 4.06
    6 EAST_ASIAN 0.45

    # Population (source) Distance
    1 Bedouin 13.81
    2 Samaritan 19.66
    3 IQ 24.57
    4 Algerian 31.39
    5 Druze 31.65
    6 Mandean 32.28
    7 Assyrian 35.6
    8 South_Italian_&_Sicilian 36.76
    9 Moroccan 37.55
    10 GR 38.25
    11 Mozabite_Berber 39.53
    12 TR 40.65
    13 Armenian 41.02
    14 Kurdish 41.74
    15 IR 42.4
    16 AJ 43.04
    17 Tuscan 45.9
    18 North_Italian 49.01
    19 RO 50.09
    20 Serbian 50.66

    Mixed Mode Population Sharing:

    # Primary Population (source) Secondary Population (source) Distance
    1 59.2% Bedouin + 40.8% Samaritan @ 3.65
    2 71% Bedouin + 29% Druze @ 5.29
    3 75.7% Bedouin + 24.3% GR @ 6.71
    4 74.5% Bedouin + 25.5% Assyrian @ 6.94
    5 72.8% Bedouin + 27.2% Mandean @ 7.28
    6 77.6% Bedouin + 22.4% Armenian @ 7.38
    7 75.5% Bedouin + 24.5% South_Italian_&_Sicilian @ 7.39
    8 67.1% Bedouin + 32.9% IQ @ 7.79
    9 77.9% Bedouin + 22.1% TR @ 7.89
    10 78.9% Bedouin + 21.1% Kurdish @ 8.45
    11 80.8% Bedouin + 19.2% Tuscan @ 8.7
    12 79.6% Bedouin + 20.4% IR @ 8.82
    13 80.5% Bedouin + 19.5% AJ @ 9.31
    14 82.7% Bedouin + 17.3% North_Italian @ 9.48
    15 86.2% Bedouin + 13.8% Sardinian @ 9.59
    16 84.6% Bedouin + 15.4% GE @ 9.63
    17 83.5% Bedouin + 16.5% RO @ 9.79
    18 84.3% Bedouin + 15.7% Serbian @ 10.24
    19 86.1% Bedouin + 13.9% Lezgin @ 10.42
    20 85% Bedouin + 15% PT @ 10.6
    No doubt to that! Remember the ancient Egyptian mummies that were discussed in a thread back in
    June? They were closest to Bronze Age Levant as well! I'm positive that ancient Egyptians were closest to modern Arabians and Egyptians which is awesome considering their numerous contributions.

  22. #22
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    15,301
    Points
    278,809
    Level
    100
    Points: 278,809, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by Dibran View Post
    I find Gedrosia K13 most accurate. My moms results are the most off, perhaps shes more mixed. On AncestryDNA with the recent update she is 75% Greece/Albania/Turkey, 20% Northeast Italy/Croatia/Bosnia, and 3% Caucasus and 1% Ashkenazi

    Admix Results (sorted):

    # Population Percent
    1 CHG_EEF 38.43
    2 ANATOLIA_NEOLITHIC 22.29
    3 NATUFIAN 11.01
    4 IRAN_NEOLITHIC 10.25
    5 SHG_WHG 8.72
    6 EHG 8.13
    7 POLAR 1.17


    Finished reading population data. 145 populations found.
    13 components mode.

    --------------------------------

    Least-squares method.

    Using 1 population approximation:
    1 Albanian @ 2.072113
    2 Greek @ 3.836894
    3 Bulgarian @ 6.713923


    Using 2 populations approximation:
    1 50% Albanian +50% Albanian @ 2.072113


    Using 3 populations approximation:
    1 50% Albanian +25% Albanian +25% Greek @ 1.963928


    Using 4 populations approximation:
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++
    1 Albanian + Albanian + Albanian + Greek @ 1.963928

    Father:

    gedrosia K13 Oracle

    Admix Results (sorted):

    # Population Percent
    1 CHG_EEF 38.20
    2 ANATOLIA_NEOLITHIC 23.87
    3 NATUFIAN 10.80
    4 IRAN_NEOLITHIC 9.97
    5 EHG 8.27
    6 SHG_WHG 6.43
    7 POLAR 2.47


    Finished reading population data. 145 populations found.
    13 components mode.

    --------------------------------

    Least-squares method.

    Using 1 population approximation:
    1 Albanian @ 3.149135
    2 Greek @ 5.181849
    3 Sicilian @ 8.233935

    Using 2 populations approximation:
    1 50% Albanian +50% Albanian @ 3.149135


    Using 3 populations approximation:
    1 50% Albanian +25% Albanian +25% Albanian @ 3.149135


    Using 4 populations approximation:
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++
    1 Albanian + Albanian + Albanian + Albanian @ 3.149135

    My Mother:

    gedrosia K13 Oracle

    Admix Results (sorted):

    # Population Percent
    1 CHG_EEF 36.67
    2 ANATOLIA_NEOLITHIC 20.81
    3 IRAN_NEOLITHIC 11.82
    4 NATUFIAN 11.06
    5 SHG_WHG 9.04
    6 EHG 8.34
    7 SUB_SAHARAN 1.27


    Finished reading population data. 145 populations found.
    13 components mode.

    --------------------------------

    Least-squares method.

    Using 1 population approximation:
    1 Greek @ 2.912852
    2 Albanian @ 3.704404
    3 Sicilian @ 7.101740

    Using 2 populations approximation:
    1 50% Bulgarian +50% Sicilian @ 2.524160


    Using 3 populations approximation:
    1 50% Albanian +25% Cypriot +25% French @ 2.473882


    Using 4 populations approximation:
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++
    1 English + Jew_Moroccan + Kumyk + Sardinian @ 1.920337

    This is some of my K13. There must be no northern Italian or Tuscan samples. On other calculators without those samples I've come out Bulgarian. On Dodecad, old as it is, I come out exactly where my genealogy and geographical location in the Italian cline would indicate: midway between Bergamo and TSI, and with the following populations all located either in Spain or the northern Balkans depending on the calculator.

    All calculators are not created equal, and all of them have to be interpreted. That's why a lot of these results are so misinterpreted.

    As for the "J test", it's totally bogus, imo, as to what it's supposed to show, which is the amount of "Jewish" ancestry based on Ashkenazi samples. If someone wants to know if they have Ashkenazi ancestry they should test at 23andme. I followed the thread about those results for years, and it was never wrong. Even people who swore they had no Jewish ancestry wound up finding it in records or from family members; even the percentages matched. Dienekes could find it too. He told a major researcher who published his whole genome that instead of being part Italian he was part Ashkenazi.

    The "J test" is totally inaccurate, as even the "creator" admitted. I, like most people, show some "Ashkenazi" on it, yet at 23andme I don't have a single match with Ashkenazim. In the face of a lot of results like that he said some nonsense like compare your results to other people from your area, and the excess is Ashkenazi. Really? Is that printed anywhere in the info about the test for the vast majority of people who use it who aren't privy to that?

    It should be removed from gedmatch.

    Albanian 4.12
    2 Greek 4.51
    3 Sicilian 7.04
    4 Bulgarian 7.68
    5 Italian_South 9

  23. #23
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Dibran's Avatar
    Join Date
    25-09-16
    Posts
    788
    Points
    12,088
    Level
    33
    Points: 12,088, Level: 33
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 562
    Overall activity: 99.1%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a-L1029*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H11a2*-146+

    Ethnic group
    Albanian/Gheg/Dibran/Okshtun
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    This is some of my K13. There must be no northern Italian or Tuscan samples. On other calculators without those samples I've come out Bulgarian. On Dodecad, old as it is, I come out exactly where my genealogy and geographical location in the Italian cline would indicate: midway between Bergamo and TSI, and with the following populations all located either in Spain or the northern Balkans depending on the calculator.

    All calculators are not created equal, and all of them have to be interpreted. That's why a lot of these results are so misinterpreted.

    As for the "J test", it's totally bogus, imo, as to what it's supposed to show, which is the amount of "Jewish" ancestry based on Ashkenazi samples. If someone wants to know if they have Ashkenazi ancestry they should test at 23andme. I followed the thread about those results for years, and it was never wrong. Even people who swore they had no Jewish ancestry wound up finding it in records or from family members; even the percentages matched. Dienekes could find it too. He told a major researcher who published his whole genome that instead of being part Italian he was part Ashkenazi.

    The "J test" is totally inaccurate, as even the "creator" admitted. I, like most people, show some "Ashkenazi" on it, yet at 23andme I don't have a single match with Ashkenazim. In the face of a lot of results like that he said some nonsense like compare your results to other people from your area, and the excess is Ashkenazi. Really? Is that printed anywhere in the info about the test for the vast majority of people who use it who aren't privy to that?

    It should be removed from gedmatch.

    Albanian 4.12
    2 Greek 4.51
    3 Sicilian 7.04
    4 Bulgarian 7.68
    5 Italian_South 9
    i Usually get Ashkenazi on some calculators however on 23andme me and my father get no Ashlenazi. Your breakdown is a usually similar to mine. When there is no Albanian sample, Tuscan is first with Greek and the rest following.

    I wonder what the closeness between Albanians and Tuscans is? Could it be due to heavy Roman occupation in the Balkans that was absorbed by Albanians?

  24. #24
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    15,301
    Points
    278,809
    Level
    100
    Points: 278,809, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibran View Post
    i Usually get Ashkenazi on some calculators however on 23andme me and my father get no Ashlenazi.

    I wonder what the closeness between Albanians and Tuscans is? Could it be due to heavy Roman occupation in the Balkans that was absorbed by Albanians?
    I highly doubt it. I think most of it is much, much older than that, and Albanians, Greeks, and to some extent Bulgarians have retained more of that ancient ancestry they share with Italians because they weren't as impacted by the Slavic migrations of the early Middle Ages as were people like Croatians, Serbs, etc.

    At the very dawn of population genetics, Cavalli-Sforza, just using blood proteins, said that Northern Italians were closest to Bulgarians, and southern Italians to Greeks. I'd have to hunt through lots of his old writings to find the exact quote, but I assure you he said it.

    You can get an idea from his PCAs. They're over 30 years old, I think:

    PCA1-the Neolithic


    The steppe and what we would call today SHG, maybe EHG, but which some people called "Uralic":


    What he thought might be Greek colonization, PCA 4:


    There is some movement, of course, from Albania to Italy because of the Arbereshe, and the fact that Ralph and Coop et al did find some movement between the Balkans and Italy in the last 1500 years supports that, but most of it went to Southern Italy.

    The populations aren't identical, of course. If there are samples from both areas most calculators can correctly tell you you're Albanian, not Italian, and vice versa for Tuscans and Northern Italians.

  25. #25
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    DuPidh's Avatar
    Join Date
    03-07-15
    Posts
    445


    Country: Cuba



    Interesting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •