Y-DNA haplogroup
    (R1b-F1794) R-M269
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

@Davef

https://www.eupedia.com/forum/thread...128#post523128

Without you even adding context as to what you mean makes it even worse than the first time you said it.

Ethnic group
    Italian,Irish,Jewish

Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    @Davef

https://www.eupedia.com/forum/thread...128#post523128

Without you even adding context as to what you mean makes it even worse than the first time you said it.
    Oh..uh...whooops!!!

That was my adhd induced low impulse control at play!

i tend to forget that posting on this site should be approached a bit differently than sending a
    quick and nasty text to one of my friends...
    mmmmmmmmm dooouuughhhnuuuutz

My results

(Ancestry DNA)

AFRICAN 83.2%
    EAST AFRICAN (modern)16.0%
    WEST AFRICAN (modern)67.2%

STEPPE CULTURES 5.9%
    KARASUK-E SCYTHIAN (2000-3000 years)0.0%
    ANDRONOVO-SRUBNAYA (3000-4000 years)5.9%
    YAMNAYA-AFANASIEVO-POLTAVKA (4000-5000 years)0.0%

ANCIENT FARMERS 4.9%
    WEST EUROPEAN FARMERS (4000-5000 years)1.4%
    LEVANT (4000-8000 years)3.4%
    NEOLITHIC-CHALCOLITHIC IRAN-CHG (5000-12000 years)0.0%
    EAST EUROPEAN FARMERS (5000-8000 years)0.0%

WESTERN EUROPEAN & SCANDINAVIAN HUNTER GATHERERS (4000-5000 years) 4.0%

SOUTHEAST EURASIAN 2.0%

EASTERN NON AFRICANS (modern) 0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>Z5018>FGC33625
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U1a1a

My results ( LivingDNA ):

"As we have already stressed, the mass evacuation of the Albanians from their triangle is the only effective course we can take. In order to relocate a whole people, the first prerequisite is the creation of a suitable psychosis. This can be done in various ways." - Vaso Cubrilovic

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-U106 R-L1
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1e

• ANCIENT FARMERS
        51.6%

• WEST EUROPEAN FARMERS (4000-5000 years) 21.9%
          21.9%

• LEVANT (4000-8000 years) 3.3%
          3.3%

• NEOLITHIC-CHALCOLITHIC IRAN-CHG (5000-12000 years) 5%
          5.0%

• EAST EUROPEAN FARMERS (5000-8000 years) 21.5%
          21.5%

• STEPPE CULTURES
      34.0%

• KARASUK-E SCYTHIAN (2000-3000 years) 10.8%
        10.8%

• ANDRONOVO-SRUBNAYA (3000-4000 years) 14.8%
        14.8%

• YAMNAYA-AFANASIEVO-POLTAVKA (4000-5000 years) 8.4%
        8.4%

• 34.0%
    • WESTERN EUROPEAN & SCANDINAVIAN HUNTER GATHERERS (4000-5000 years) 13.7%
      13.7%
    • EASTERN NON AFRICANS (modern) .7%
      0.7%
    • AFRICAN
      0.0%
    • SOUTHEAST EURASIAN
      0.0%
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ethnic group
    Italian

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johane Derite View Post
    My results ( LivingDNA ):

Here are Dibran's for comparison. Overall numbers are similar, but there are definitely some differences. Are you different kinds of Albanians? I believe he is Gheg, yes? If you are Tosk, then wouldn't this be the first time that differences have surfaced in terms of autosomal? I wonder, though, if the results would be different if you had used 23andme.

Another thing is that the patterns remain in that people from the Balkans have more Levant Neo and Iran ancestry than I do. Whatever hit the Balkans and southern Italy had less effect on Italy from Tuscany north.

ANCIENT FARMERS 74.8%
    WEST EUROPEAN FARMERS (4000-5000 years)31.2%
    LEVANT (4000-8000 years)4.2%
    NEOLITHIC-CHALCOLITHIC IRAN-CHG (5000-12000 years)5.4%
    EAST EUROPEAN FARMERS (5000-8000 years)34%

STEPPE CULTURES 25.1%

• KARASUK-E SCYTHIAN (2000-3000 years)7%

• ANDRONOVO-SRUBNAYA (3000-4000 years)10.6%
    • YAMNAYA-AFANASIEVO-POLTAVKA (4000-5000 years)7.6%

0.1% results African

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>Z5018>FGC33625
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U1a1a

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Here are Dibran's for comparison. Overall numbers are similar, but there are definitely some differences. Are you different kinds of Albanians? I believe he is Gheg, yes? If you are Tosk, then wouldn't this be the first time that differences have surfaced in terms of autosomal? I wonder, though, if the results would be different if you had used 23andme.

Another thing is that the patterns remain in that people from the Balkans have more Levant Neo and Iran ancestry than I do. Whatever hit the Balkans and southern Italy had less effect on Italy from Tuscany north.
    I have no known Tosk heritage on any side of the family, they are all Ghegs from Prishtina region of Kosovo reaching even up to Nis Valley territories.. Dibran is half Tosk half Gheg if i'm not mistaken.

Ethnic group
    Italian

I have no known Tosk heritage on any side of the family, they are all Ghegs from Prishtina region of Kosovo reaching even up to Nis Valley territories.. Dibran is half Tosk half Gheg if i'm not mistaken.
    So, perhaps full Ghegs versus half Tosk/half Ghegs have less ancient farmer overall (but a bit more Levant and Iran Chl), and less steppe as well, but they have WHG/SHG, which perhaps Tosks do not.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>Z5018>FGC33625
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U1a1a

So, perhaps full Ghegs versus half Tosk/half Ghegs have less ancient farmer overall (but a bit more Levant and Iran Chl), and less steppe as well, but they have WHG/SHG, which perhaps Tosks do not.
    Very interesting, I would be curious to see other gheg vs tosks and also try with another company maybe to see if there is a discrepancy

Ethnic group
    Italian

Very interesting, I would be curious to see other gheg vs tosks and also try with another company maybe to see if there is a discrepancy
    Yes, you'd need a lot more "pure" samples to draw any kind of even quasi reasonable conclusions. Also, the same raw data source would be important.

From results like this I can see why Albanians look like eastern shifted Tuscans.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>Z5018>FGC33625
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U1a1a

Yes, you'd need a lot more "pure" samples to draw any kind of even quasi reasonable conclusions. Also, the same raw data source would be important.

From results like this I can see why Albanians look like eastern shifted Tuscans.
    Very interesting and exciting.

Are there any Tuscans on this thread / forum? What did k12 show for them? I'm guessing less iran/levant more steppe?

Ethnic group
    Italian

Very interesting and exciting.

Are there any Tuscans on this thread / forum? What did k12 show for them? I'm guessing less iran/levant more steppe?
    Unfortunately not. I'm only about 1/4 Northwest Tuscan. The rest is 1/4 Eastern Ligurian (although that may not be that different from far northwest Tuscans) and 1/2 Northern Italian. Maybe one of the other Italian posters can find one.

You should see if you can find some "pure" Tosks, too.

You ideally need about five samples from the same area to get reliable autosomal averages.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>Z5018>FGC33625
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U1a1a

Unfortunately not. I'm only about 1/4 Northwest Tuscan. The rest is 1/4 Eastern Ligurian (although that may not be that different from far northwest Tuscans) and 1/2 Northern Italian. Maybe one of the other Italian posters can find one.

You should see if you can find some "pure" Tosks, too.

You ideally need about five samples from the same area to get reliable autosomal averages.

I'll try my best :)

Here's my results. Surprised at how high the Scythian and Andronovo is and how low the Yamnaya and WHG is. Will be interesting to see how I compare to other Scots and Irish.

ANCIENT FARMERS 46.1%
    WEST EUROPEAN FARMERS (4000-5000 years) 14.3%
    LEVANT (4000-8000 years)2.9%
    NEOLITHIC-CHALCOLITHIC IRAN-CHG (5000-12000 years) 0.0%
    EAST EUROPEAN FARMERS (5000-8000 years) 28.9%

STEPPE CULTURES 38.1%
    KARASUK-E SCYTHIAN (2000-3000 years) 10.3%
    ANDRONOVO-SRUBNAYA (3000-4000 years) 18.7%
    YAMNAYA-AFANASIEVO-POLTAVKA (4000-5000 years) 9.1%

WESTERN EUROPEAN & SCANDINAVIAN HUNTER GATHERERS (4000-5000 years) 15.8%

Tested with Living DNA, ancestry roughly 75% English, 25% mostly Scottish + some Irish

Ancient Farmers 54.7
    West European Farmers 16.8
    Levant 3.9
    Neolithic-Chalolithic Iran-CHG 4
    East European Farmers 30

Steppe Cultures 33.5
    Karasuk-E Scythian 6.6
    Andronovo-Srubnaya 15.4
    Yamnaya-Afanasievo-Poltavka 11.6

Western European & Scandianavian HGs 11.7

It's awesome that these results have essentially confirmed that the East-West differentation in Europe exists due to hunter gatherer admixture. The ancient Germanic samples published recently had hugely inflated WHG ancestry in the ADMIXTURE run, but I'm not sure how reliable this is. They plotted closer to Norwegians & Finns than to continental Germanics on the PCA.

In unadmixed Germanic migrants WHG was as high as ~25%, close to the results of Northerner posted earlier in the thread. Any Scandinavians/Finns who took the test?

Edit: these are the results of a Finn I found on theapricity. He has Y-DNA I1. I hope he doesn't mind:

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by markozd View Post
    It's awesome that these results have essentially confirmed that the East-West differentation in Europe exists due to hunter gatherer admixture. The ancient Germanic samples published recently had hugely inflated WHG ancestry in the ADMIXTURE run, but I'm not sure how reliable this is. They plotted closer to Norwegians & Finns than to continental Germanics on the PCA.

In unadmixed Germanic migrants WHG was as high as ~25%, close to the results of Northerner posted earlier in the thread. Any Scandinavians/Finns who took the test?

Edit: these are the results of a Finn I found on theapricity. He has Y-DNA I1. I hope he doesn't mind:

So, modern continental Germanics are Finnish like people who picked up a lot more EEF? Why do they have so much WHG? It doesn't square with original estimates, does it?

So, modern continental Germanics are Finnish like people who picked up a lot more EEF? Why do they have so much WHG? It doesn't square with original estimates, does it?
    At least that's what it looks like to me. In the Amorim (2018) paper the Germanics from Late Antiquity are already differentiated from North-Eastern Europeans like Balto-Slavs, so I doubt the difference is just due to drift. Relative to modern Germanics also, most of the samples from Hungary/Italy take additional 'Finnish' admixture.

I'm not sure where this come from however, as I had thought that the early Germanics would be normal North-Central Europeans associated with Jastorf culture. That seems rather unlikely now considering those samples.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-U106 R-L1
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1e

Reminds me of the large amount of WHG ancestry in the Germanic like people from the Tollense battle

Ethnic group
    Italian

I've said for years that perhaps there was a reservoir of WHG like people in the north who were incorporated by arriving steppe people, and that it might inflate the amount of "steppe" ancestry that actually arrived, but people always discounted it.

Maybe there's something to it.

Elite member

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E1b1b/ E-V22

Ethnic group
    North Sea Germanic

Quote Originally Posted by Promenade View Post
    Reminds me of the large amount of WHG ancestry in the Germanic like people from the Tollense battle
    Yes see my K12:

But seems to be divers in the generation, my parents percentage is about 3 (father) a 4 (mother) % lower!

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-U106 R-L1
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1e

I am going to make a very half ass theory here which there is no way to prove for now, but could these people from Tollense have received their excess WHG ancestry from Doggerland? Once this area flooded the inhabitants may have mostly fled south to Northwest Germany and the Benelux. We also know from Gotland that hunter gatherer traditions survived for a longer period of time alongside agriculture in Scandinavia so that could be another source.

Elite member

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E1b1b/ E-V22

Ethnic group
    North Sea Germanic

Quote Originally Posted by Promenade View Post
    I am going to make a very half ass theory here which there is no way to prove for now, but could these people from Tollense have received their excess WHG ancestry from Doggerland? Once this area flooded the inhabitants may have mostly fled south to Northwest Germany and the Benelux. We also know from Gotland that hunter gatherer traditions survived for a longer period of time alongside agriculture in Scandinavia so that could be another source.
    Along the North Sea there staid indeed a Ertebølle/ Swifterbant population.

But I have some doubts. On the one hand 20 a 25% WHG or SHG is much. But speaking for the North Dutch, after the Ertebølle came TRB, Corded Ware/Single Grave, Bell Beaker, Tumulus, Urnfield and in the early Middle Ages the Nordics/Germans.

So the chance I can distract an old dogger land HG in my DNA looks small....to me.

Sent from my iPad using Eupedia Forum

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-U152-Z56-BY3957
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c7a

Ethnic group
    15/32 British, 5/32 German, 9/64 Irish, 1/8 Scots Gaelic, 5/64 French, 1/32 Welsh

Cool What is your Geneplaza K12 Ancient Admixture results.

Hey guys, I was wondering what your Geneplaza.com K12 Ancient admixture results?

Im looking at my Geneplaza results and Im surprised that a whopping almost 1/2 of my Ancestry came to Europe through Neolithic Anatolia; roughly West+East European Neolithic.

I was wondering if this is just a fluke or did Neolithic Anatolian Ancestry did dominate the Europeans Ancestry?
    If so, why is Neolithic so mysterious with little artifacts, I would imagine that Neolithic Anatolia would be a densely populated place. Was the Neolithic Anatolian tools mostly biodegradable?
    My Ancestry is Predominately Northwestern European with a Germanized Polish and Charente, French Minority.

Thanks guys, Im over the moon with my DNA results currently. :)

• WESTERN EUROPEAN & SCANDINAVIAN HUNTER GATHERERS (4000-5000 years). 13.5%

• ANCIENT FARMERS 54.2%
        • WEST EUROPEAN FARMERS (4000-5000 years) 29.5%

• NEOLITHIC-CHALCOLITHIC IRAN-CHG (5000-12000 years) 4.4%

• STEPPE CULTURES 32.3%

Last edited by Twilight; 04-03-19 at 00:52.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    (R1b-F1794) R-M269
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

I wanted to see what kind of results I would get for my Ancestry DNA raw data, but this app was no longer available on the page.

Which is a shame too, because this was the calculator he made, that made the most sense IMO.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast