(NEW) GenePlaza K12 Ancient Calculator Results

I haven't seen other results from Spanish people yet. But hey at least we got a idea now about the Iberian results

Here's mine:
Greek/Peloponnese

Ancient Farmers 76.7

Western Euro Farmers 34.8
Levant 5.1
Neolithic-Chalcolithic Iran CHG 5.5
East Euro Farmers 31.2

Steppe Culture 17.3

Karasuk-E Scythian 1.0
Andronovo Srubnaya 7.0
Yamnaya A P 9.3

African 2.9

East African 2.9
West African 0

Southeast Eurasian 2.7

Eastern Non Africans 0.4

Western European-Scandinavian HG 0

I really score similar results of yours.

ANCIENT FARMERS 77.9%
WEST EUROPEAN FARMERS (4000-5000 years) 27.4%
LEVANT (4000-8000 years) 6.7%
NEOLITHIC-CHALCOLITHIC IRAN-CHG (5000-12000 years) 11.1%
EAST EUROPEAN FARMERS (5000-8000 years) 32.8%

STEPPE CULTURES 14.1%
KARASUK-E SCYTHIAN (2000-3000 years) 4.3%
ANDRONOVO-SRUBNAYA (3000-4000 years) 1.7%
YAMNAYA-AFANASIEVO-POLTAVKA (4000-5000 years) 8.0%

AFRICAN 4.4%
EAST AFRICAN (modern) 4.4%
WEST AFRICAN (modern) 0.0%

WESTERN EUROPEAN & SCANDINAVIAN HUNTER GATHERERS (4000-5000 years) 2.9%

Is the East African that Hauteville, Matadworf and AdeoF scored Neolithic ancestry mislabeled as East African?

Is the East African that Hauteville, Matadworf and AdeoF scored Neolithic ancestry mislabeled as East African?

I doubt it, because some people get West African, including Kingjohn.

In his case it might be because he has Sephardic ancestry perhaps. North African Sephardic Jews absorbed some Berbers who may have carried traces of it. Through them it might have spread to other Jews.

I would also bet, for instance, that in areas in Portugal with historical evidence of settlement by people from the New World, and where we see a lot of West African uniparental lines people might get some West African.

Another point to mention is that East African is about 40% West Eurasian on average, which is why at 23andme Ethiopians came out looking like mulattoes of a sort.

Maybe this East African admix could be related to ancient Natufians no?

I'm not sure. It's been shown multiple times in multiple papers and separate analyses that Natufians carried no SSA.

I think there might be two reasons for East African showing up in West Asians and Southern Europeans. One is back flow from West Eurasia into Africa, which we now know, from numerous papers, actually happened. We also know those genes were very "farmer" like or Natufian like, perhaps. With these kinds of tests, unlike IBD tests, you can't tell the direction of gene flow.

On the other hand, I've speculated many times that over the years there might have been some minor movement north of East African genes, themselves approximately 40% or so West Eurasian, reaching into West Asia and perhaps southeast Europe and beyond, as we can see from the Spanish result. There's a sort of diffusion of minor ancestry. The same thing happened in Eastern Europe, with some Eastern Europeans in this analysis getting minor eastern ancestry. Then, of course, there's the Finnish speakers with their Siberian/East Asian ancestry. That applies to northern Russians as well. Where different ethnic groups abut each other, there's bound to be some diffusion of genetic material.

West African ancestry is different. The diffusion in ancient times would be up the west coast of Europe. In more modern times, since the Arab slave trade, some West African women, primarily, might have been brought into West Asia, although from things I've read, most of them were from East Africa. So, I bet some Palestinians, Jordanians, Saudis, etc. would get West African. I would think Egyptians would have it too. It might have been in the Berbers to some minor degree even before the Arab slave trade, so perhaps some will show up in Iberia. In the latter you would also have a few people who get it from back flow from the New World.

The comparison here is with 23andme, where in even the most southern areas of Europe some people only get very minor "African", perhaps .4 or something. My theory is that this is either a minor element of some ancient "East African" that may be present, or a tiny amount passed on by Berbers. It could also just be noise, however. The only reason that I don't consider my .2 East Asian noise is because I've seen numerous people from my area get it.

Speaking of noise, I think I remember that the "noise" parameter for this test is at least 1%, so there's that to consider as well.

We're talking about very minor ancestry here, of course.

Anyway, this is all conjecture on my part. Someone should ask the creator of the test.

I doubt it, because some people get West African, including Kingjohn.

In his case it might be because he has Sephardic ancestry perhaps. North African Sephardic Jews absorbed some Berbers who may have carried traces of it. Through them it might have spread to other Jews.

I would also bet, for instance, that in areas in Portugal with historical evidence of settlement by people from the New World, and where we see a lot of West African uniparental lines people might get some West African.

Another point to mention is that East African is about 40% West Eurasian on average, which is why at 23andme Ethiopians came out looking like mulattoes of a sort.

not me angela i score 1.8% east african thats it
my brother and father score 2-3% west african ....
the most wierd stuff in kurd calculator
:LOL:
my mother score like me 1.8 east african ....
anyway my father and brother are 97% caucasoide ...... { not counting african elments and the eastern non african elment}
regards
Adam

not me angela i score 1.8% east african thats it
my brother and father score 2-3% west african ....
the most wierd stuff in kurd calculator
:LOL:
my mother score like me 1.8 east african ....
anyway my father and brother are 97% caucasoide ...... { not counting african elments and the eastern non african elment}
regards
Adam

Sorry that I misremembered Kingjohn, but at least I got the family and ancestry right. :)

If you don't mind my asking, is there any Sephardic ancestry in his family which might have come in part via North Africa?

Wait, this could be right! I've noticed that it says modern in parentheses next to AdeoF's scores so I guess if it doesn't say this, then it's ancient admixture. Somalians have a lot of non sub Saharan which is farmer/natufian.

Sorry that I misremembered Kingjohn, but at least I got the family and ancestry right. :)

If you don't mind my asking, is there any Sephardic ancestry in his family which might have come in part via North Africa?

yes my father is 39% sefhardic acording to my origins 2.0
your theory of berber sound right to me or even the moors themselfs :)
some other iberian: from south iberian posted his results in anthrogenica and he scored some west african like my father
so maybe :
west africa- north african - moorish invasion - iberia - sefhardic migration to damascus syria
my father passed a segment to me that we share with iberian non jewish from navarre area and he can trace ancestery to navarre from both lines back to 1600 :)
so some sefhardic jews converted to escape the expled .
my father and i both have number of matches with mexicans ,puerto -ricans and some ,colombians inline with sefhardic ancestery .
i score 36% sefhardic in my origins 2.0 also huge % .
regards
Adam

yes my father is 39% sefhardic acording to my origins 2.0
your theory of berber sound right to me or even the moors themselfs :)
some other iberian: from south iberian posted his results in anthrogenica and he scored some west african like my father
so maybe :
west africa- north african - moorish invasion - iberia - sefhardic migration to damascus syria
my father passed a segment to me that we share with iberian non jewish from navarre area and he can trace ancestery to navarre from both lines back to 1600 :)
so some sefhardic jews converted to escape the expled .
my father and i both have number of matches with mexicans ,puerto -ricans and some ,colombians inline with sefhardic ancestery .
i score 36% sefhardic in my origins 2.0 also huge % .
regards
Adam

Thanks, King John. Great info.

It could have been absorbed in Spain, or it could have been absorbed right in North Africa if they stopped over there, although if my memory serves, most North African Jews didn't show SSA in modern calculators. It would be interesting to see how they score in this test, however.

Oh wow DaveF that's really interesting and it also makes sense because I got neolithic DNA aswell.

People, everybody in Europe has neolithic farmer ancestry.

Please read some papers, starting perhaps with Haak et al, and continuing with Lazaridis et al

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v522/n7555/abs/nature14317.html

https://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v536/n7617/full/nature19310.html

Haak-et-al-2015-Figure-3-Admixture-Proportions-in-Modern-DNA-With-Linguistic-and-Historical-Origins-Added.png

I'll also say it again. There is no SSA in Natufians, although there is Natufian in Africans.

I really score similar results of yours.

ANCIENT FARMERS 77.9%
WEST EUROPEAN FARMERS (4000-5000 years) 27.4%
LEVANT (4000-8000 years) 6.7%
NEOLITHIC-CHALCOLITHIC IRAN-CHG (5000-12000 years) 11.1%
EAST EUROPEAN FARMERS (5000-8000 years) 32.8%

STEPPE CULTURES 14.1%
KARASUK-E SCYTHIAN (2000-3000 years) 4.3%
ANDRONOVO-SRUBNAYA (3000-4000 years) 1.7%
YAMNAYA-AFANASIEVO-POLTAVKA (4000-5000 years) 8.0%

AFRICAN 4.4%
EAST AFRICAN (modern) 4.4%
WEST AFRICAN (modern) 0.0%

WESTERN EUROPEAN & SCANDINAVIAN HUNTER GATHERERS (4000-5000 years) 2.9%

Interesting. Are you from Southern Italy?

Wait, this could be right! I've noticed that it says modern in parentheses next to AdeoF's scores so I guess if it doesn't say this, then it's ancient admixture. Somalians have a lot of non sub Saharan which is farmer/natufian.
It's also strange because in no one else other calculator i score African...not even North African, let alone East Africa. So strange...

From a quick look at the chatter about this test, it seems that the Karasuk-E Scythian score is highest among Europeans in Balts and Northern Slavs, which some are explaining as because this group left the steppe after the Celtic/Italic groups and so shared more ancestry with Iranic speaking peoples.

That doesn't answer why mine is so high. It doesn't surprise me, because, as I said, I consistently get 1-2% of something Yakut or East Asian like, and so do quite a few northwestern Italians with whom I share.

The only thing I can think of is a smidgen of Alan ancestry increasing the levels.

See:
http://www.marres.education/sarmatic_traces.htm

The Sarmatians and Alans supposedly accompanied the Langobards into Italy. This is a map of their settlements. As my father's ancestry is from around there (between Pavia* and Reggio), perhaps it's a possibility.

View attachment 9181

Ed. Between Piacenza and Reggio Emilia, not Pavia and Reggio Emilia.
View attachment 9136
A mixed Sarmatian-Germanic tribe called Taifals settled into Emilia-Romagna.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taifals

A mixed Sarmatian-Germanic tribe called Taifals settled into Emilia-Romagna.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taifals

Thanks, Hauteville. I never knew this. They were even actually around Parma itself.

"Subsequent to their defeat and falling out with Athanaric, the Taifals were officially resettled as coloni to farm lands in northern Italy (Modena, Parma, Reggio, Emilia) and Aquitaine by the victorious general Frigeridus.[26]"

I'm going to do some more investigating.

Oh, btw, there's a typo upthread. It's .2% East Asian that I get at 23andme, and high Scythian on this test.

my father score 12% Scythian in Kurd calculator :)
but he score no yamnaya at all
i think it is indo-iranian connection in my father case .
the highest % of Scythian in Europe in Kurd calculator is in Finns close to 20%
and in anthrogenica some ukranians and Romanians score 11-13% Scythian could be Iranian tribes .

my father score 12% Scythian in Kurd calculator :)
but he score no yamnaya at all
i think it is indo-iranian connection in my father case .
the highest % of Scythian in Europe in Kurd calculator is in Finns close to 20%
and in anthrogenica some ukranians and Romanians score 11-13% Scythian could be Iranian tribes .

I get 13%, but I have another 13% split between the other two ancient steppe samples: Yamnaya and Andronovo.

It seems pretty specific to my particular ancestry because I don't see other Italians getting that imbalance or that high a score for the Scythian. Well, it could be specific to a certain area of Italy, as I do know other people from mountainous inland Liguria and western Emilia got that .2, .3% East Asian as well. I don't know how they would score for the Scythian.

Isn't there some mythology that the horsemen/cavalry that helped the historical "King Arthur" were "Sarmatians", or was that just Hollywood history? I have to say I've been fascinated by the Arthur legend since I was a girl, so that would be cool. :)

Another thing that occurs to me is that in addition to these "Sarmatians", it's been speculated that some of the Goths and Lombards carried far northeastern European ancestry originally. That's another possibility.

One of the little oddities of history, I guess.

This thread has been viewed 134771 times.

Back