ANDRONOVO-SRUBNAYA (3000-4000 years)5.6%
YAMNAYA-AFANASIEVO-POLTAVKA (4000-5000 years)4.9%

SOUTHEAST EURASIAN 4.4%

AFRICAN 2.1%
EAST AFRICAN (modern)2.1%
WEST AFRICAN (modern)0.0%

WESTERN EUROPEAN & SCANDINAVIAN HUNTER GATHERERS (4000-5000 years)0.0%

EASTERN NON AFRICANS (modern)0.0%

Angela you are the only one beside Noman who has little more Karasuk Scythian scores. Noman make sense him being also a Indo_Iranian speaker. But your results are out of the ordinary. There is definitely something Alan like going on in your heritage.

I also score the East African 2.1% it is very similar figure to matadworf and Nomans s so I doubt his has anything to do with ancient Ethopians in Greece or Rajasthan. Rather ancient Natufian/Levant_Neo like DNA in East Africa.

What else I have in common with matadworfs is the South Eurasian. Greek and Indo_Iranian speakers must be from a similar source that still had traces of this ancestry?

I am the person with the highest extra Iran_Neo/CHG scores here so far.

And not atypical for a non European, I have zero real WHG ancestry.

That all makes sense to me, including the fact that there is something weird in the level of my "Scythian" versus other "steppe" ancestry. I really can't explain it. I do see that there were Sarmatian, not Alan, settlements near my father's area, but I'm usually pretty leery of small migrations like that really impacting the genome, and moreover lasting for 1500 years. It may have something to do with the fact that some people fled up into the Apennines in the Dark Ages and remained there until the early part of the 20th century. Drift may have done the rest.

Steppe: 25.7
E.Karakuk, Scythian 12.6
Andronovo/Srubnaya 5.3
Yamnaya 7.8
Vestigingen%20Noord-Italie.jpg

sarmatic_traces.htm

How I wish I had had the opportunity to have him tested.

Last edited:
I'd guess Indian, and given the high "steppe", I'd say perhaps Northwest Indian and high caste? I don't know if Afghan would be possible.

It's interesting how the Iran Neo type farmer is so much higher but brought along Western (Anatolian) and Levant farmer genetic material along with it, probably because a certain amount of admixture had already taken place.

Another interesting thing is that the steppe substructure is divided pretty evenly. Could that mean that the steppe like groups that went to India were already pretty well admixed, for example perhaps in Bactria?

I wouldn't have guessed that the Southeast Eurasian component was the smallest, although not by much.

This is all speculation, but you did ask. :)

Thank you so much!

I belong to the Jatt ethnic group of Indian Subcontinent, majority in North Western region. Some theories claim that they were Indo-Scythian. However, I am not sure.

That's a map posted on the internet by academics. Nothing unusual about it other than the fact that the "eastern" farmers are included along with the "western" farmers. Of course, as is now clear, the only farmers from outside of Europe included in this calculator are Anatolia Neolithic farmers.

Here's another version: This shared ancestry may partly explain how Tuscans and Albanians plot in relationship to one another, with Tuscans being "western" shifted. That western shift could be due to later Celtic/Germanic admixture in Tuscans as well, with Albanians and Balkan people in general getting, instead, a bit of Slavic ancestry.
Fig-1-Early-Neolithic-Cardial-culture-A-Main-cultural-horizons-associated-with-the.png

Thanks! You said "that number may be higher" with regards to levant Neolithic; by "may be higher" you meant that if he gets better quality samples, it'll go up in some cases?

Thanks! You said "that number may be higher" with regards to levant Neolithic; by "may be higher" you meant that if he gets better quality samples, it'll go up in some cases?

So he speculates, but until we have better Levant Neolithic sources there's no way of knowing if that would be the case, and if it were to be the case, how big the difference might be. Still, one would think the relative proportions might remain the same.

Just placed an order for 23andme, mainly because I would like to try this app.

23andme is now using v5 new Global Screening Array chips that overlaps v4 and v3 only on 20% of the SNPs. Kurd's calculator was tailored for v4, v3 23andme, current FTDNA and Ancestry kits.
Your new test will be done using new v5 chip, thus the rest of the 80% SNP data will be imputed, rendering the result of Kurd's test very inaccurate. Living DNA has the same issue with GSA chips and unstable results on such tests.

I would suggest converting anything you have into the 23andme format, as there is much bigger overlap between the OmniExpress chips.

Last edited:
23andme is now using v5 new Global Screening Array chips that overlaps v4 and v3 only on 20% of the SNPs. Kurd's calculator was tailored for v4, v3 23andme, current FTDNA and Ancestry kits.
Your new test will be done using new v5 chip, thus the rest of the 80% SNP data will be imputed, rending the result of Kurd's test very inaccurate. Living DNA has the same issue with GSA chips and unstable results on such tests.

I would suggest converting anything you have into the 23andme format, as there is much bigger overlap between the OmniExpress chips.

Thanks for the info, but who is Kurd? Do you mean Dilawer Khan's K12 Ancient Admixture Calculator? I thought that's who made it.

Here's mine

QorlO62.png
If you are really Iberian, there is absolutely no way this are your results. Your farmer ancestry is on level with that of Northern Europeans. So with goodwill the West European Farmer ancestry is 35%. Far too low for an Iberian. You have more Karasuk-Scythian than the Jatt user here who is under the Indo_Iranian branch.

Either this is not your result, or you are lying about your ethnicity. Looking at the results you look like a very mixed European individual (new worlder?).

If you are really Iberian, there is absolutely no way this are your results. Your farmer ancestry is on level with that of Northern Europeans. So with goodwill the West European Farmer ancestry is 35%. Far too low for an Iberian. You have more Karasuk-Scythian than the Jatt user here who is under the Indo_Iranian branch.
Either this is not your result, or you are lying about your ethnicity. Looking at the results you look like a very mixed European individual (new worlder?).
http://www.eupedia.com/forum/thread...enaeans/page24?p=517469&viewfull=1#post517469
He said in another thread he was mostly eastern Slavic. Looks he got caught and banned for his deception and ********.

http://www.eupedia.com/forum/thread...enaeans/page24?p=517469&viewfull=1#post517469
He said in another thread he was mostly eastern Slavic. Looks he got caught and banned for his deception and ********.

First he said he was Eastern Slavic, and denied he was Iberian when questioned. Then he put down Iberian/Celt on his identification. Oh, and he's posting from London.

He may be some Pole posting from London, but who knows if those results are even his.

You see the games people play? Some of them are good at it. He isn't.

I don't care what or who he is, but you can't play these games here.

Thanks for the info, but who is Kurd? Do you mean Dilawer Khan's K12 Ancient Admixture Calculator? I thought that's who made it.

Yes, Kurd is his alias on Anthrogenica. He is using it for feedback

Yes, Kurd is his alias on Anthrogenica. He is using it for feedback

Hopefully by the time my results are ready, he will be able to work out the kinks with the new v5. Like I said, I was specifically motivated to purchase 23andMe, so I could do the K12 calculator. I actually e-mailed the creators of the insitome test, linking the geneplaza k12 test; asking them to consider making a test that was specifically for ancient ancestry. They responded thanking me for the suggestion. But who knows if they will do it or not.

I'm also interested in the Ethnicity Calculator app they have on the geneplaza platform.

First he said he was Eastern Slavic, and denied he was Iberian when questioned. Then he put down Iberian/Celt on his identification. Oh, and he's posting from London.

He may be some Pole posting from London, but who knows if those results are even his.

You see the games people play? Some of them are good at it. He isn't.

I don't care what or who he is, but you can't play these games here.

I always knew something was up with that guy. I honestly believe people who play those games have psychological disorders.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...*****-are-narcissists-psychopaths-and-sadists

****** exhibit the Dark Tetrad; narcissism, Machiavellianism, psychopathy, and sadism.

About the 23andme Test.
The Company said that is going to use the left over v4 chips until they run out, but also the new v5 chips.
They said that they can't predict if a customer is going to get the v4, or the v5.

About the 23andme Test.
The Company said that is going to use the left over v4 chips until they run out, but also the new v5 chips.
They said that they can't predict if a customer is going to get the v4, or the v5.

:unsure:

This is a bit disconcerting, considering it will affect the results of the K12 calculator. Hopefully, they will be able to decipher which version I have after my results are finished.

On one hand, I would like to have the newest version. On the other, It will compromise the results of the k12 calculator; unless resolved by Kurd.

:unsure:

This is a bit disconcerting, considering it will affect the results of the K12 calculator. Hopefully, they will be able to decipher which version I have after my results are finished.

On one hand, I would like to have the newest version. On the other, It will compromise the results of the k12 calculator; unless resolved by Kurd.

If there's still time Ask them about it, maybe they'll do it.
The name of the Raw data file has v4, or a V5 on it.

genome_Smith_J_v5_Full_20170917....

genome_Smith_J_v4_Full_20170917....

mine

ANCIENT FARMERS 69.1%

WEST EUROPEAN FARMERS (4000-5000 years) 24.4%

LEVANT (4000-8000 years)3.0%

NEOLITHIC-CHALCOLITHIC IRAN-CHG (5000-12000 years) 6.2%

EAST EUROPEAN FARMERS (5000-8000 years) 35.4%

.................................................. ...............

STEPPE CULTURES 19.1%

KARASUK-E SCYTHIAN (2000-3000 years) 0.0%

ANDRONOVO-SRUBNAYA (3000-4000 years) 10.7%

YAMNAYA-AFANASIEVO-POLTAVKA (4000-5000 years) 8.4%

.................................................. ..........

WESTERN EUROPEAN & SCANDINAVIAN HUNTER GATHERERS (4000-5000 years) 7.9%

SOUTHEAST EURASIAN 3.2%

AFRICAN 0.8%
EAST AFRICAN (modern) 0.0%
WEST AFRICAN (modern) 0.8%

EASTERN NON AFRICANS (modern) 0.0%

mine

ANCIENT FARMERS 69.1%

WEST EUROPEAN FARMERS (4000-5000 years) 24.4%

LEVANT (4000-8000 years)3.0%

NEOLITHIC-CHALCOLITHIC IRAN-CHG (5000-12000 years) 6.2%

EAST EUROPEAN FARMERS (5000-8000 years) 35.4%

.................................................. ...............

STEPPE CULTURES 19.1%

KARASUK-E SCYTHIAN (2000-3000 years) 0.0%

ANDRONOVO-SRUBNAYA (3000-4000 years) 10.7%

YAMNAYA-AFANASIEVO-POLTAVKA (4000-5000 years) 8.4%

.................................................. ..........

WESTERN EUROPEAN & SCANDINAVIAN HUNTER GATHERERS (4000-5000 years) 7.9%

SOUTHEAST EURASIAN 3.2%

AFRICAN 0.8%
EAST AFRICAN (modern) 0.0%
WEST AFRICAN (modern) 0.8%

EASTERN NON AFRICANS (modern) 0.0%
You got Scandinavian too. Nice!

^^Interesting there's so little steppe.

This thread has been viewed 134820 times.

Back