(NEW) GenePlaza K12 Ancient Calculator Results

It's awesome that these results have essentially confirmed that the East-West differentation in Europe exists due to hunter gatherer admixture. The ancient Germanic samples published recently had hugely inflated WHG ancestry in the ADMIXTURE run, but I'm not sure how reliable this is. They plotted closer to Norwegians & Finns than to continental Germanics on the PCA.

l78KZZf.png

In unadmixed Germanic migrants WHG was as high as ~25%, close to the results of Northerner posted earlier in the thread. Any Scandinavians/Finns who took the test?

Edit: these are the results of a Finn I found on theapricity. He has Y-DNA I1. I hope he doesn't mind:

5786a7650e85033ce05bb7956bcbcf3d.jpg

It's awesome that these results have essentially confirmed that the East-West differentation in Europe exists due to hunter gatherer admixture. The ancient Germanic samples published recently had hugely inflated WHG ancestry in the ADMIXTURE run, but I'm not sure how reliable this is. They plotted closer to Norwegians & Finns than to continental Germanics on the PCA.

l78KZZf.png

In unadmixed Germanic migrants WHG was as high as ~25%, close to the results of Northerner posted earlier in the thread. Any Scandinavians/Finns who took the test?

Edit: these are the results of a Finn I found on theapricity. He has Y-DNA I1. I hope he doesn't mind:

5786a7650e85033ce05bb7956bcbcf3d.jpg

So, modern continental Germanics are Finnish like people who picked up a lot more EEF? Why do they have so much WHG? It doesn't square with original estimates, does it?

So, modern continental Germanics are Finnish like people who picked up a lot more EEF? Why do they have so much WHG? It doesn't square with original estimates, does it?

At least that's what it looks like to me. In the Amorim (2018) paper the Germanics from Late Antiquity are already differentiated from North-Eastern Europeans like Balto-Slavs, so I doubt the difference is just due to drift. Relative to modern Germanics also, most of the samples from Hungary/Italy take additional 'Finnish' admixture.

I'm not sure where this come from however, as I had thought that the early Germanics would be normal North-Central Europeans associated with Jastorf culture. That seems rather unlikely now considering those samples.

Reminds me of the large amount of WHG ancestry in the Germanic like people from the Tollense battle

I've said for years that perhaps there was a reservoir of WHG like people in the north who were incorporated by arriving steppe people, and that it might inflate the amount of "steppe" ancestry that actually arrived, but people always discounted it.

Maybe there's something to it.

Reminds me of the large amount of WHG ancestry in the Germanic like people from the Tollense battle

Yes see my K12:

0as2l20rjfiy.png

But seems to be divers in the generation, my parents percentage is about 3 (father) a 4 (mother) % lower!

I am going to make a very half ass theory here which there is no way to prove for now, but could these people from Tollense have received their excess WHG ancestry from Doggerland? Once this area flooded the inhabitants may have mostly fled south to Northwest Germany and the Benelux. We also know from Gotland that hunter gatherer traditions survived for a longer period of time alongside agriculture in Scandinavia so that could be another source.

I am going to make a very half ass theory here which there is no way to prove for now, but could these people from Tollense have received their excess WHG ancestry from Doggerland? Once this area flooded the inhabitants may have mostly fled south to Northwest Germany and the Benelux. We also know from Gotland that hunter gatherer traditions survived for a longer period of time alongside agriculture in Scandinavia so that could be another source.

Along the North Sea there staid indeed a Ertebølle/ Swifterbant population.

But I have some doubts. On the one hand 20 a 25% WHG or SHG is much. But speaking for the North Dutch, after the Ertebølle came TRB, Corded Ware/Single Grave, Bell Beaker, Tumulus, Urnfield and in the early Middle Ages the Nordics/Germans.

So the chance I can distract an old dogger land HG in my DNA looks small....to me.

Sent from my iPad using Eupedia Forum

What is your Geneplaza K12 Ancient Admixture results.

Hey guys, I was wondering what your Geneplaza.com K12 Ancient admixture results?

I?m looking at my Geneplaza results and I?m surprised that a whopping almost 1/2 of my Ancestry came to Europe through Neolithic Anatolia; roughly West+East European Neolithic.

I was wondering if this is just a fluke or did Neolithic Anatolian Ancestry did dominate the European?s Ancestry?
If so, why is Neolithic so mysterious with little artifacts, I would imagine that Neolithic Anatolia would be a densely populated place. Was the Neolithic Anatolian tools mostly biodegradable?
My Ancestry is Predominately Northwestern European with a Germanized Polish and Charente, French Minority.

Thanks guys, I?m over the moon with my DNA results currently. :)

• WESTERN EUROPEAN & SCANDINAVIAN HUNTER GATHERERS (4000-5000 years). 13.5%

• ANCIENT FARMERS 54.2%
      • WEST EUROPEAN FARMERS (4000-5000 years) 29.5%
      • NEOLITHIC-CHALCOLITHIC IRAN-CHG (5000-12000 years) 4.4%
      • EAST EUROPEAN FARMERS (5000-8000 years)15.2%
  • STEPPE CULTURES 32.3%

Last edited:
I wanted to see what kind of results I would get for my Ancestry DNA raw data, but this app was no longer available on the page.

Which is a shame too, because this was the calculator he made, that made the most sense IMO.

Darn sorry about that, no wonder why somebody downvoted. It?s a shame that AncestryDNA doesn?t download raw data anymore, this link must be somewhat outdated.

No matter, you can still download your Raw Data through 23andme and a LivingDNA, although I?m sure there are other DNA companies where you can transfer raw data though. The alternative is that you can get a test tube through Geneplaza.
Good luck :)
https://www.geneplaza.com/

I don't see a downvote.

My bad, I seriously need to use google translate. *laughing at myself* I think I might of self translated it wrong. I think I?ve been away for a bit too long. :p

Italian: Visualizzazione risultati 1 fino 4 di 4
displaying results 1 to 4 of 4

Hello,

these are my results. Mostly Ancient farmers:

• ANCIENT FARMERS
      74.1%
      • WEST EUROPEAN FARMERS (4000-5000 years)[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
        22.3%​
      • LEVANT (4000-8000 years)[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
        4.1%​
      • NEOLITHIC-CHALCOLITHIC IRAN-CHG (5000-12000 years)[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
        7.5%​
      • EAST EUROPEAN FARMERS (5000-8000 years)[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
        40.3%​
  • STEPPE CULTURES[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    21.1%​
  • WESTERN EUROPEAN & SCANDINAVIAN HUNTER GATHERERS (4000-5000 years)[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    4.6%​
  • AFRICAN[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    0.2%​

I've combined Twilight's thread into the existing thread on this topic. Again, it is a pity that this calculator is no longer available.

These were my results:

ElSkvQX.png

My results are in:

Ancient Farmers: 77.0%
  • Western European Farmers: 31.1%
  • Levant: 2.4%
  • Neolithic-Chalcolithic Iran-CHG: 6.3%
  • Eastern European Farmers: 37.1%

Steppe Cultures: 16.8%
  • Karasuk-E Scythian 8.7%
  • Andronovo-Srubanaya: 8.1%

Western European & Scandinavian Hunter Gatherers: 6.2%

I've combined Twilight's thread into the existing thread on this topic. Again, it is a pity that this calculator is no longer available.

These were my results:

Thank you Jovialis, it appears that the Neolithic Anatolian results are way higher in Italy than in NW Europe. The results seem promising.

Last edited:
I guess that in the case of Funnelbeaker (west) there where two major neolithic influences:

a. an inland route, ''East European Farmer" from the Balkan:

https://www.thoughtco.com/funnel-beaker-culture-170938
and
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5325568/

b. and a sea route, "West European Farmer" from the Mediterraenen area:
http://dienekes.blogspot.nl/2012/04/ancient-dna-from-neolithic-sweden.html

In my case is the ratio obviously 1:1,5 in advantage of the East European Farmers.
Indeed.

RApDMGS.jpg

https://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/38278-Spread-of-agriculture-in-Western-Eurasia-New-Map

In light of the new map, here are my results. I get 0 for the minority ancestry.

For the farmer and steppe portions, see below. The only thing I don't understand is why I got higher numbers for certain steppe cultures than others:

• ANCIENT FARMERS
    74.3%
    • WEST EUROPEAN FARMERS (4000-5000 years)
      39.2%​
    • LEVANT (4000-8000 years)
      3.3%​
    • NEOLITHIC-CHALCOLITHIC IRAN-CHG (5000-12000 years)
      3.4%​
    • EAST EUROPEAN FARMERS (5000-8000 years)
      28.4%​

• STEPPE CULTURES
    25.7%
    • KARASUK-E SCYTHIAN (2000-3000 years)
      12.6%​

• ANDRONOVO-SRUBNAYA (3000-4000 years)
      5.3%​

• YAMNAYA-AFANASIEVO-POLTAVKA (4000-5000 years) 8.5%

In light of the new map, here are my results. I get 0 for the minority ancestry.
For the farmer and steppe portions, see below. The only thing I don't understand is why I got higher numbers for certain steppe cultures than others:
  • ANCIENT FARMERS
    74.3%
    • WEST EUROPEAN FARMERS (4000-5000 years)
      39.2%​
    • LEVANT (4000-8000 years)
      3.3%​
    • NEOLITHIC-CHALCOLITHIC IRAN-CHG (5000-12000 years)
      3.4%​
    • EAST EUROPEAN FARMERS (5000-8000 years)
      28.4%​

• STEPPE CULTURES
    25.7%
    • KARASUK-E SCYTHIAN (2000-3000 years)
      12.6%​
    • ANDRONOVO-SRUBNAYA (3000-4000 years)
      5.3%​
    • YAMNAYA-AFANASIEVO-POLTAVKA (4000-5000 years) 8.5%
No idea. The same happens with my mother,.with the difference her Karasuk/Scythian is low.

It's worth reading the page 5 of this thread, which shows the references for farmers.
Curiously, LBK itself would have had actually little genetic impact on Europe.

Despite the explanations about Western Farmers cluster "eating" some WHG in the calculator, your results seem to be in line with Haak et al, with no WHG and some extra Yamnaya compared to Bergamo, while Bergamo has extra WHG compared to Tuscans.
Haak_et_al_Fig_3.png

Anyway, it's hard to believe Tuscans have no WHG at all.

If it's still on GedMatch, could you post your Near East Neolithic K13 results? It's under GedrosiaDNA.

Me / Father / Mother

Ancient Farmers: 72.5 / 70.9 / 68.8
- West European Farmers: 29.0 / 26.5 / 33.1
- Levant: 3.0 / 4.8 / 3.1
- Neolithic-Calcolithic Iran-CHG: 7.0 / 5.8 / 6.5
- East European Farmers: 33.5 / 33.8 / 26.1

Steppe Cultures: 23.4 / 25.2 / 25.7
- Karasuk-E Scythian: 6.8 / 8.3 / 4.8
- Andronovo-Srubnaya: 7.8 / 5.9 / 10.8
- Yamnaya-Afanasievo-Poltavka: 8.7 / 11.0 / 10.1
Western European & Scandinavian Hunter Gatherers: 3.3 / 3.8 / 5.1

Eastern Non Africans: 0.6 / 0.0 / 0.0

African: 0.1 / 0.0 / 0.4
- East African: 0.1 / 0.0 / 0.4
- West African: 0.0 / 0.0 / 0.0

Southeast Eurasian: 0.0 / 0.0 / 0.0
Eastern Non Africans? What is it?

No idea. The same happens with my mother,.with the difference her Karasuk/Scythian is low.

It's worth reading the page 5 of this thread, which shows the references for farmers.
Curiously, LBK itself would have had actually little genetic impact on Europe.

Despite the explanations about Western Farmers cluster "eating" some WHG in the calculator, your results seem to be in line with Haak et al, with no WHG and some extra Yamnaya compared to Bergamo, while Bergamo has extra WHG compared to Tuscans.
Haak_et_al_Fig_3.png

Anyway, it's hard to believe Tuscans have no WHG at all.

If it's still on GedMatch, could you post your Near East Neolithic K13 results? It's under GedrosiaDNA.

Eastern Non Africans? What is it?

Don't know.

It's not available anymore.

I'm surprised you have more Iran farmer than I do. Levant farmer is about the same. The WHG is different, but they're small percentages. I think the biggest difference is that I have more Cardial than you do. I don't think Eastern farmer is necessarily just LBK. I thought it was more the Hungarian Neolithic.

This thread has been viewed 134623 times.

Back