Europe (South) 61.3%
Great Britain and Ireland 15.1%
Europe (East) 1.2%
Near East 20.7%
Levant 11%
North Turkey 9.8%
Asia (South) 1.6%
Balochistan 1.6%

On 23andme (It's supposed to go 500 years far back in time while LivingDNA 10 generations) I have no MENA, no Sardinia, no Asia but I have 3% north western Europe and 0.2% east Europe.
Imo, in my case the results aren't very accurate.
Perhaps a lack of reference populations from Italy?

Hi everybody.

I'm a Central Italian from Lazio.
These are my results.

Europe 77.6%
Europe (South) 61.3%
Europe (East) 1.2%
Near East 20.7%
Levant 11%
North Turkey 9.8%
Asia (South) 1.6%
Balochistan 1.6%

On 23andme (It's supposed to go 500 years far back in time while LivingDNA 10 generations) I have no MENA, no Sardinia, no Asia but I have 3% north western Europe and 0.2% east Europe.
The ethnicity is really beta right now. No way you have that high of Levant or British dna. Hopefully it will get better.

Sent from my KIW-L21 using Tapatalk

You are correct, it is a lack of reference populations in Italy.

Hi everybody.

I'm a Central Italian from Lazio.
These are my results.

Europe 77.6%
Europe (South) 61.3%
Europe (East) 1.2%
Near East 20.7%
Levant 11%
North Turkey 9.8%
Asia (South) 1.6%
Balochistan 1.6%

Can you share your regional populations? How much of Tuscany do you score?

The ethnicity is really beta right now. No way you have that high of Levant or British dna. Hopefully it will get better.]

They need to collect more data from big countries like Italy, France and Spain as they are doing in Germany.
I hope that it soon will be.

Can you share your regional populations? How much of Tuscany do you score?

Europe 77.6%
Europe (South) 61.3%
South Italy 24.6%
Tuscany 19.8%
Iberian Peninsula 9.8%
Aegean 3.8%
North Italy 1.8%
Sardinia 1.3%
Southeast England 3.8%
East Anglia 2.9%
South England 2.5%
Northumbria 2.1%
South Wales Border 2%
South Central England 1.8%
Europe (East) 1.2%
West Balkans 1.2%
Near East 20.7%
Levant 11%
North Turkey 9.8%
Asia (South) 1.6%
Balochistan 1.6%

hello, i did test with living DNA, the results give a 29 percent of the brittany, second it can be reliable or living as an english company increases

Carried out my autosomal loading the raw data from 23andMe on Living DNA a few months ago.
Honestly the results seem a bit strange: it provides me with a combination of about 90% European + 10% of Near East (8.4% from Northern Turkey and 1.8% "Kurdish").
I always wonder if it is an ancient contribution from the Bronze Age/first Iron Age or from a more recent legacy, mediated through the Byzantines. If so, I would call into question certain byzantine settlers of the Justinian regiments. They are documented in the area: “Armeni”, “Persoarmeni,” “Persoiustiniani”…
But I still have the doubt that this same quota is actually an artificial component to fix an autosomal of northern/central Italy that would otherwise be too unbalanced towards France and Spain. Even my Scandinavian share is very suspicious, for the same reasons: I think it serves to fix an average that would otherwise be too southern.
I think that Living has yet to collect many italian samples to return a more accurate picture.

View attachment 10559

My new ethnicity estimate is as bad as the previous one.
Europe 74.7%
Europe (South) 74.7%
South Italy 47.8%
North Italy 17.8%
East Iberia 9%
Near East 25.3%
South Caucasus 21.4%
Arabia 3.9%

Living DNA contacted me and said they had updated my results. They are now better than before, so we got that going for us. Then I was about 70/30 English/German. It now shows more accurately:

Europe (North and West) 56.5%
- South Germanic 36.1%
- Northeast Germanic 13.8%
- Northwest Germanic 6.5%

Great Britain and Ireland 43.5%
- Southeast England 21.2%
- Northwest England 3.7%
- Northwest Scotland 3.6%
- East Anglia 3%
- Northern Ireland and Southwest Scotland 2.7%
- South Yorkshire 2%
- Cumbria 1.9%
- South Wales 1.6%
- South Central England 1.5%
- Northumbria 1.2%
- North Wales 1.1%

i saw a full ukranian woman living dna update who scored 24% Aegean
all rest of elements in her result are slavic elements but that Aegean
well living dna ......
even if she is southern ukrainian ......

p.s
it seems living dna Aegean might have overlap with living dna east balkan to some extent ..... :unsure:

Maybe she has a 100% Greek grandfather? lol ... Do you know how much Aegean she had in the previous result?

i don't know this guy posted his mother results
that's all i know
but he said that he don't know about any greko-albanian heritage in his family ( not surprising )
maybe it is not the update just 1 level before ......
because in the new regions they put finland and estonia in the same group calling it finland
so they have no baltics in the new region if i am not wrong here .....:unsure:

p.s
i am wrong they still have baltic even in the new regions
https://i.imgur.com/pstQ6E4.png

I take the usual Living DNA ancestry test.
Y chromosome results is I1a
Mt chromosome results is H13a1
Recent ancestry results is 100 % East Balkans ! I saw in several post in this forums that is rare to give 100 % into a autosomal test.In platform Gedmatch.com,I uploaded autosomal raw data an I take Dodecad V3 project.Results are 28 % mediterranean,28 % west european,19 % east european,19 % west asians,the rest are below 5 % and single population sharing Romanians_14(Behar) at distance 8.55 which I dont know what it is.Autosomal results are common I think because Im romanian :).
But the question is Y haplo I1a which in Romania is around 3 % and I want to know where I may uploaded my YDNA raw data for more deep results or maybe it must take another specific test ?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi, my LivingDNA results were not unexpected;
Iberia 62%
Basque 20%
France 16%
2%
It largely concords with other companies I've used which also identify a very strong south western European Atlantic ancestry.
23andme was significantly less granular, identifying 95% Spanish ancestry and 5% French, specifically the Aquitaine region from where I, and most of my known ancestors, come from.
FTDNA was a bit closer to LivingDNA - 45% Iberia, 18% Basque and 37% Western Europe.
But I agree that more people from southern Europe should take tests to better build out the reference population databases.

This thread has been viewed 9683 times.

Back