IP address banned?

News to me. All looks good on my side.

For some reason it's saying my IP address has been banned by the admin sometimes. Yet I'm able to post this?

It happen to me few days ago.
Same message, but only on Phone 4G cell connection, but was fine after switching to wifi.

Happened to me last week, couldnt get on for a couple of days, then it went away

A few people contacted me about this. I checked their IPs but none were banned. I am not sure what is causing this.

Happened to me last week, couldnt get on for a couple of days, then it went away

Yeh, I noticed the same for a couple of days around that time.

A few people contacted me about this. I checked their IPs but none were banned. I am not sure what is causing this.

The issue seems to have gone away. Here's a screen cap of what I was seeing yesterday.

yneFREV.png

I'm experiencing this issue again via mobile device which says my IP address has been banned. I tried it on two different browsers.

I'm working an event tonight, so now I know I'm really going to be bored since I can't access the forum from my phone.

Yesterday I had to update my phone software. I wonder if it has something to do with that.

Probably, because I can assure you that no one banned your IP address here.

Probably, because I can assure you that no one banned your IP address here.
I'm experceing a "banned IP address" message from a desktop now. I've tried three different browsers. It's seems to just go away on it's own; as least it does when it happens on a cellphone. This has not happened via desktop before.

I'm experceing a "banned IP address" message from a desktop now. I've tried three different browsers. It's seems to just go away on it's own; as least it does when it happens on a cellphone. This has not happened via desktop before.

That's very strange. I suppose that you have a dynamic IP address which changes every day or every time you reboot your modem. In that case you might get a recycled IP from anybody in your region using the same provider. If one of these people got banned on enough forums, the IP will be blacklisted by anti-spam softwares. I can't think of another explanation.

That's very strange. I suppose that you have a dynamic IP address which changes every day or every time you reboot your modem. In that case you might get a recycled IP from anybody in your region using the same provider. If one of these people got banned on enough forums, the IP will be blacklisted by anti-spam softwares. I can't think of another explanation.

Possibly, it's from a work PC.

This thread has been viewed 19376 times.

Back