Ethnic group
Italian
Y-DNA haplogroup
R-PF7566 (R-Y227216)
mtDNA haplogroup
H6a1b7
https://blog.insito.me/a-brief-history-of-consumer-genomics-c0b5519b59f2

NIpvGoS.jpg

I thought this was an interesting blog. It gives a brief history of consumer genomics. 2013 was a year that consumer DNA testing rose exponentially. As of this month, 8,000,000 people have been tested between FTDNA, Nat Geo, 23andme, and Ancestry.

8 million now, with potential 8 billion customers in 10-20 years. And 100 million new people born every year! Perhaps it is the right time to buy Illumina Inc. on next market correction? In 2002 Illumina stock was worth 1 dollar. Today it is 212! And yet, this might be just a beginning.

8 million now, with potential 8 billion customers in 10-20 years. And 100 million new people born every year! Perhaps it is the right time to buy Illumina Inc. on next market correction? In 2002 Illumina stock was worth 1 dollar. Today it is 212! And yet, this might be just a beginning.

Great point! Just imagine if sequencing newborns becomes the norm, in the future.

Did you guys notice a large influx of new users on Eupedia around 2013?
I think, now it picked for new members who just show up to ask about their results explanation. At least once a day now.

People in the US seem to focus on Ancestry.com to match with relatives.

I want regions in the Britain-Ireland, since that comprises 3/4 of my (known) ancestry, and hope to get my kit next week. Therefore I selected Living DNA, , and learn results a few weeks thereafter.

This thread has been viewed 4035 times.

Back