Advisor
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
Y-DNA haplogroup
R-PF7566 (R-Y227216)
mtDNA haplogroup
H6a1b7
Here are some videos I found on YouTube, with celebrity DNA test results from various companies. Share some more if you can find them.

Fox & Friends hosts Steve Doocy, Brian Kilmeade and Ainsley Earhardt
MyHeritage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfCItF3YhvU

Brock O'Hurn ( A.K.A. Thor)
23andMe:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoV31edqf4g

Prince William
BritishDNA:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozUbotK7XAI

Mario Lopez (Better known as A.C. Slater, from Saved by the Bell) and his wife:
AncestryDNA:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDy-SOrcgEg

Reese Witherspoon & Conan O’Brien:
They just talk about their Irish percentages, it’s not clear what test they took.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s2eLVDVMmk

Oprah Winfrey and many others:
Finding your Roots (TV show)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw43kWEKjn8

Kevin Nealson
Not sure if he's just joking...
23andMe:
https://youtu.be/OuQSSUjjO_U?t=2m41s

61% Irish in the DNA test Reese Witherspoon took is consistent with the Welsh and Scottish her parents told her about. You can't interpret these tests literally (although that is a very popular thing to do, its an epidemic). It doesn't necessarily mean 61% of her ancestors are specifically from Ireland. The test can easily interpret Scottish and Welsh as Irish because these are very similar ancestry. The guy on the Ancestry.DNA commercial who replaced his lederhosone and got a kilt is German IMHO and not Scottish he just interpreted the test too literally. Scotland and Germany are both in Europe. My grandfather is 1/2 German 1/2 French and I'm not at all surprised that his result showed mostly Great Britain and East European. Germany is in Europe and so is Europe East so it is all European DNA. I'm not going to waste my time pondering where his Great Britain came from. It can come from Germany and/or France because these countries are in Europe so its no surprise it is similar to Great Britain DNA.

https://www.shoutasscience.com/ancestry-dna-test-to-know-who-you-are/

Whoopi Goldberg:

First in our celebrity list is the Caryn Elaine Johnson, known professionally as Whoopi Goldberg who took Ancestry DNA test to find the region of their ancestor’s origin. Whoopi Goldberg is a well known American small screen actress, comedian, author, and television host. For her work in Television, she was nominated for 13 to Prestigious Emmy Award and awarded with Oscar Award, Grammy Award, and Tony Award. She is the only second black women African to win the Oscar award.

Through a simple ancestry DNA test using saliva sample, she was able to trace her roots back to two tribes in the tiny African state of Guinea-Bissau.

Britain’s Prince Williams Indian connection:

Britain’s has ruled most of the countries in the world and India is one among them which was under British control for over 200 years before getting independence in 1947. During their rule, most of the valuable and prestigious things have been taken from India to Britain. But a DNA experiment has revealed that they have also carried Indian genetic material from India to Britain’s Royal Palace.

An Ancestry DNA test of Prince William from Britain’s royal family has revealed that he is the direct descendant of an Indian woman. A Britain-based DNA Test Company has carried out tests on the DNA of Princess Diana’s two matrilineal cousins and compared them to a global database of samples to find out their ancestry DNA. Those tests reveal that the prince’s fourth great-grandmother was the daughter of Eliza Kewark and Theodore Forbes (1788-1820), a Scottish merchant who worked in Surat, north of what is now Mumbai.

Greg Rutherford:

Ancestry DNA tests not only helps to find your missing ancestor’s story but it also helped peoples to develop your career. As per Olympic and world long-jump champion Greg Rutherford, DNA analysis helped him to make better decisions about his training program. The DNA analysis presents users with a detailed report based on their body’s response to particular types of training and nutrition. A study by the University of Central Lancashire found that using DNA-matched training could enhance athletes’ performance.

The results of the test are used to show the user whether he would respond better to high or low-intensity resistance training and how sensitive he is to carbohydrates, alcohol, salt and saturated fats.

Demi Lovato

Devonne Lovato is an American singer, songwriter, and actress. She has always been one of those pop stars who is not afraid to share her most personal details with her fans through social media. She was in the news when she shared her Ancestry DNA test result in Social media.

She has posted a tweet with a picture of her Ancestry DNA test result as “I did a DNA test and found out I’m mainly Spanish, with Native American, SCANDINAVIAN (which I had NO idea), Irish, BRITISH. And I’m 1% African!!!!”

Nicki Minaj:

Nicki Minaj a first female artist to have ever made the MTV Hottest MC List, and the first female solo artist to have seven singles simultaneously on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 charts, born on 8 December 1982 in the Twin Island Republic of Trinidad and Tobago have got Indian origin though her Fathers grandparents who migrated from India . Y-chromosomal or Paternal DNA analysis of Nicki Minaj has revealed that her ancestors have lived in the Indian subcontinent from where they migrated to Carrabin islands.

Chris Tucker:

Christopher Tucker known as Chris Tucker is an American Actor and comedian well known for his Comedy act in Rush Hour series with Famous Jackie Chan. At one point in time, Chris Tucker was the highest paid actor in Hollywood. Tucker was born in Atlanta, Georgia, to Mary Louise (Bryant) and Norris Tucker.

Chris Tucker’s Ancestry DNA test has revealed that his roots led back to Angola. His DNA analysis has revealed that his genetic material was a mixture of 83% sub-Saharan African, 10 % Native American, 7% European.

Vanessa Lynn Williams:

Vanessa Lynn Williams is an American actress, singer, and fashion designer. Vanessa Williams, who took part in the show “Who Do You Think You Are” has explored her family’s history through DNA ancestry test.

Her DNA result has down as follows: I’m 23% from Ghana, 17% from the British Isles, 15% from Cameroon, 12% Finnish, 11% Southern European, 7% Togo, 6% Benin, 5% Senegal and 4% Portuguese.

Forest Whitaker:

Forest Whitaker is an American actor, producer, and director who is known for his character in films such as Bird, Platoon, Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai, and The Butler. He has got Academy Award for his role as Ugandan country’s murderous dictator in The Last King of Scotland. His DNA analysis revealed that his genetic material has been contributed more from Ghana.

Malachi Kirby:

A British-born actor Malachi Kirby is known for his characters in English TV serial EastEnders and Doctor Who. Kirby was born to Parents who have Jamaican ancestry. His Ancestry DNA revealed that he is a 75 % West African, 21% Asian and 1.8 % European.

A Prince is getting married soon. IMO All the Subjects should Demand a DNA Test, before public money are allocated.
Not Naming names out of Respect for his Mother.

A Prince is getting married soon. IMO All the Subjects should Demand a DNA Test, before public money are allocated.

Razib Khan weighed in:

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/g...ve-little-to-no-indian-ancestry/#.WkeoDd-nHb0
The British media is blowing up today about Prince William’s Indian ancestry. Here’s a representative headline: Hunt is on in Gujarat for a distant cousin who shares Prince William’s Indian blood. The science here is straightforward. Apparently some British researchers found third cousins of Lady Diana Spencer. These individuals, like Diana, are descended from a woman named Eliza Kewark. This woman, William’s great, great, great, great, great grandmother was an ethnic Armenian who was resident in India. She was also the housekeeper of William’s ancestor Theodore Forbes, a Scottish merchant. At some point he sent his children by this woman to be educated in England, and there William’s ancestress married into native British lineages. Since Diana’s cousins share the same unbroken matriline as she does they by definition share an mtDNA lineage. As it happens these individuals carry haplgroup R30b, a very rare lineage found only in South Asia. But that’s not all. Diana’s cousins also are 0.3% and 0.8% South Asian on their autosomal genome. The intersection of these two facts does convince me that William’s genealogical ancestress, Eliza Kewark, did have South Asian ancestry (not totally surprising even in notionally ethnically distinct groups like Armenians or Parsis who have been long resident in India). But please note that I said genealogical ancestress.

Observe the large variance in ancestry of Diana’s two third cousins presumably derived from Eliza Kewark (though there is always the chance that these segments come from different South Asian ancestors, the typically South Asian mtDNA match across the two reduces the probability of that being the answer in this case). Beyond eight generations the chance of a genetic segment being passed from an ancestor down to a descendant is small. Diana’s cousins are seven generations down from Eliza Kewark, so it isn’t totally implausible that a segment should get passed down. But William at eight is at the boundary, and he may carry no segments (in fact, Diana may have carried no segments). Of course I did note that their mtDNA is likely to be passed down, because there is no element of chance in that. You have your mother’s mtDNA. But one can debate whether mtDNA, which is not present in the nucleus, really counts as ancestry. I believe that heritable genetic material is heritable genetic material. Assuming the lines of descent are as they are recorded I accept that we know for a fact that William likely has South Asian mtDNA. But we most certainly do not know if he has any South Asian autosomal DNA.

But in the end how much does this matter? People will make of it what they will. And yet there is an important aspect to note: this seems like another instance of the firm BritainsDNA hyping genetic findings to increase their profile. You see that the screenshot of their website shows that they’re promoting the story about William’s ancestry, and, they’re also claiming that they are offering the world’s most advanced genetic ancestry test. First, I have to observe that their price points are very high, and second, if they are going to claim the most advanced test in the world they should actually do a point-by-point comparison with other services, which they don’t seem to do.

Perhaps more importantly this outfit now has a history of getting caught up in, and frankly stoking, hype. I don’t begrudge anyone their livelihood, or financial success, but scientists do have an implicit and explicit honor code. Jim Wilson has been involved in some interesting work, which is what I knew him from. But a third time will be a trend, and Wilson shouldn’t be surprised if rather soon he becomes thought of as a ‘tabloid geneticist,’ rather than a scholar who popularizes serious science to the broader public.

Addendum: For American readers I should make it clear that it isn’t totally surprising that the British upper classes and gentry have some Indian ancestry, because so many of them have had ancestors associated with the British Raj. The book White Mughals explores this period and people in extensive detail. For some specifics, recall that Robert Jenkins, later Lord Liverpool, and Prime Minister of the United Kingdom for 10 years, 1817-1827, was 1/8th Indian by ancestry. The British actress Nicollette Sheridan is also 1/8th Indian. And finally, my friend Dan MacArthur clearly has South Asian ancestry, due to the same historical circumstances as the individuals above. This is perhaps the British equivalent of “Native American ancestry.”

The amount of ancestry is inconsequential. I don't understand the fuss.

As for the paternity of William, at least, he is the living image of his Windsor relatives, especially his uncles Andrew and Edward. No matter how many beautiful people they marry, the ugly defeats it.

The only good looking member of that family within living memory was Princess Margaret when she was young.

The amount of ancestry is inconsequential. I don't understand the fuss.
As for the paternity of William, at least, he is the living image of his Windsor relatives, especially his uncles Andrew and Edward. No matter how many beautiful people they marry, the ugly defeats it.
The only good looking member of that family within living memory was Princess Margaret when she was young.

It's most likely for political pandering, especially since the UK and India have a very dicey past. Plus, as Razib Khan suggests, it may be the company also trying to promote their service with such a high profile client. On top of that, journalists love to blow stories way out of proportion. As we've seen them do with other DNA and evolution-based stories.

As for the paternity of William, at least, he is the living image of his Windsor relatives, especially his uncles Andrew and Edward.

What about his “brother”.
[emoji848][emoji6][emoji2]

What about his “brother”.
[emoji848][emoji6][emoji2]

I hadn't looked at pictures of Harry vs Charles and the man Diana had an affair with later, but now that I have I don't think there's any doubt that Harry is legitimate.

Prince-Harry-Prince-Charles-and-James-Hewitt-615232.jpg

The only thing Harry has in common with the other man is red hair, and even that is a different shade. Plus, the Spencers often have red hair, including Diane's brother, Earl Spencer.
diana59_1468832862.jpg

Ba Cur-Pictat,dau cu Boeingu peste tine si te FAC salata de Winnetou,te calc pa cap ,iti bag mortu-n casa.

Ba Cur-Pictat,dau cu Boeingu peste tine si te FAC salata de Winnetou,te calc pa cap ,iti bag mortu-n casa.
Do you understand this?
Io non voglio male a nessuno. Il male mandato ricada su chi lo manda.

Be nice and Translate.
Do you understand this?
Io non voglio male a nessuno. Il male mandato ricada su chi lo manda.
I said that,if you continue to threat us,I will place a dead in your house,I will kick your head and drive a Boeing to make you feathers salad.
Your ironies doesn't affect me that much,I am wasting my time with you,because I have much bigger "friends".
Sooner or later ,you will all understand that harassing/Transylvanizing Western Wallachia is not an option.

I said that,if you continue to threat us,I will place a dead in your house,I will kick your head and drive a Boeing to make you feathers salad.
Your ironies doesn't affect me that much,I am wasting my time with you,because I have much bigger "friends".
Sooner or later ,you will all understand that harassing/Transylvanizing Western Wallachia is not an option.

You got confuse with somebody else you Idiot.
ARE YOU SURE WAS ME? Prove it!

Stay calm. Stay calm. Let's be gentleman. Tell us anything Salento has said or posted that you found threatening. You may have accidentally posted that here when you meant to post it in another thread, which I find to be more likely because I doubt Salento holds any kind of grudge against other ethnic groups whatsoever.

I never heard of the “Transylvanizing Western Wallachia”. I don’t know what are you talking about.. I don’t think that I ever interacted with you.
DONT YOU DARE THREATEN ME!

I never heard of the “Transylvanizing Western Wallachia”. I don’t know what are you talking about.. I don’t think that I ever interacted with you.
DONT YOU DARE THREATEN ME!

I agree, the two of you have nothing to do with each other. I think he meant to post that in another thread.

And what's a feather salad? Doesn't sound appetizing. I would hate to shove feathers down my throat, I would gag horribly

Ok, gentlemen, the anarchy period is over. Back on topic.

Hey, don't knock it. Even if it's only 1%, it's enough that she wasn't technically lying when she used Native Ancestry to get preferential entry into a good university.

She can say, "Hey, I'm absolutely for affirmative action. I used it myself!" :)

Such is the America we're living in. Someone who is an exemplar of white privilege can game the system and claim two "victim" identities: not only female, but NATIVE AMERICAN female.

Oh, she's definitely running.

This thread has been viewed 30593 times.

Back