Is the country of Spain headed for a second civil war in the future?

Sorry, I don't know what to say? I don't understand?

And what about Russia? You can't tell me that they haven't done as bad as Spain? For example? One part of North America (and California) was owned by Russian colonists at one point. And both the Spanish, Amerindians and Russians fought over it. So I don't understand your argument?
I think you are Anthon the Bear, right? The Putin's propaganda machine on Eupedia

I don't know what that is. anthon the bear. I did a google search, got nothing.

I don't know what that is. anthon the bear. I did a google search, got nothing.
What was your previous account name on Eupedia?

Huh? No, this is the first.

What do you think of my comments?

I won't play your game Redmayne

That passive-aggressive comment just proved my point. You hate to hear the truth. Spain is going to go like Yugoslavia in the future. Especially if Britain backs Portugal and Catalonia. You are so naive. Remember the first civil war?

You assume that I want to see Spain go? No, these are actually very scary times.

Your first post was very passive-aggressive comment for millions people and I was very soft telling you

@Redmayne,

What we don't need more of is vast generalizations about different nationalities.

As for the "ruthless" behavior of colonizers, ask the Afrikaners about the English in South Africa, or ask the Irish about the English in Ireland, or the Africans in the German colonies in Africa, who had the worst reputation of all. Or how about the Belgians in the Congo? Let's not forget the Native Americans at the hands of the British settlers either. If you're going to go all the way back in history for examples, look at the Romans in Gaul. How about the Huns? Some men are thrilled to think they might be descended from men from the steppes who slaughtered all the local European men. Shall I go on?

"Colonizers" were ruthless, people in power were and are ruthless, or people trying to get power. Look at the Hutu/Tutsi conflict. Look at what the Mao regime and the Russian Communists did to their own people.

I find all this selective outrage dishonest. Stop trying to score points against Spaniards.

Truly lucida, which is not very common in these times, you have the lucidity of classical culture.

I do not think that there will be a second civil war in Spain, I do not think that this slaughter between brothers will happen again with the very important participation of foreign powers.Of course after the civil war came the Second World War, hopefully this will not be repeated again neither the civil nor the world.

Already once we had enough

On the other hand it would be absurd to mount a civil war in Spain for a struggle that basically consisted in that if the Catalan bourgeoisie pays more or less taxes, if it is more or less solidary with the rest of Spain, I repeat serious of *******.Now the Catalans are as Spanish as the Murcian, Historically, Genetically, Culturally, Atropologically, Politically, etc., their closest relatives are the rest of Spain, a nation in which they have always participated very actively in history and they they know, but of course they are getting carried away by the temporality that they believe superior to the rest of Spain, and surely economically they are, but of course the economy, today you are up tomorrow, it is much more important than the economy to defend an identity of the South of Europe, European Mediterranean that in the long term will allow us a better quality of life in our own home, without already entering the lost for the rest of the Spanish of that culture and Mediterranean art that provides Catalonia, so it would be very sad that Catalonia was independent of Spain.

Last edited:
I haven't seen this post in a while. Sorry, I want to inform everyone that I was ill. Anyway, it seems that Catalonia won an independence referendum; but Spain has yet to recognize it and probably will not.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-41574172

I am sorry for my earlier posts. I did not mean to come off aggressively. It was actually just a warning post. Maybe people are a lot more refined these days and civil war is seen as actually not a solution to the problem. Still, it makes you wonder - the tensions between Madrid and Catalonian independence - it almost seems like aggression and tension is flying. It almost seems like it's possible that there is bad-blood flying. So if you take it, at least from my perspective - I do believe that a civil war could arise. What this article will show - is that Catalonia will stop at nothing for their referendum of independence to be taken seriously. They haven't done anything yet, but if they start becoming aggressive enough to have terrorist attacks against Madrid - sort of like the Basques - I could easily see a civil war coming. Remember, this is an ongoing feud and passive-aggressive tension that has begone in Spain vs. Catalonia for almost a decade.

Catalonians are extremely separatist - and they've been at it with this aggressive leavening of Spain. They will not be stopped easily; and I have a feeling that tensions are flaring. Madrid will get bored of it eventually. Also one thing to remember - Spain has almost no allies. Even the Portuguese and Britains would not try to help Spain, had Spain undergone a civil unrest. Britain would be more attentive to their own Iberian needs; and would definitely help a country like Portugal over Spain. So in a case of civil war, Spain has no allies and is left hung out to dry. Both economically and militarily. It is very vulnerable to a civil war - what some people do not seem to notice. (You will not hear this about countries like Italy or even smaller ones like Poland, Czech Republic or Slovakia, etc.) Spain has always been a country with "holes" in it.

When I talk about "holes" I talk about the vulnerabilities. Such as what is seen in the break-up of Yugoslavia. It was due to jealousy, poor economy, multiple religions, and a poor structure. When there was no leader like Tito to keep everything in balance; the country eventually lost it's glew and fell apart.

To be honest with you all. I do not see Spain existing in 1-15 years from now.

Ever since Spain hit the 2000's; it has been going steadily downhill. The region of Galicia hasn't been having many kids - and has actually the lowest birthrate in all of Europe. It could go from 2.7 million to less than half at 1.3 million.

Haha! He is not me Lebrok, yesterday arrived to check what's new here. Glad you still remember me :grin:
Oh, is he talking about an actual member?

On topic: a lot of people are surmising that a civil war is brewing. Even a Portuguese acquaintance of mine says he could see something bad happening by the beginning of November.

To be honest with you all. I do not see Spain existing in 1-15 years from now.

Ever since Spain hit the 2000's; it has been going steadily downhill. The region of Galicia hasn't been having many kids - and has actually the lowest birthrate in all of Europe. It could go from 2.7 million to less than half at 1.3 million.

Not really but there would be a lot of Old people in Galicia just like Japan. Yes the birthrate is low but it's not going to kill anyone off

On topic: a lot of people are surmising that a civil war is brewing. Even a Portuguese acquaintance of mine says he could see something bad happening by the beginning of November.

looks like a repeat of the castialians throwing their weight around.........might end up like the butchering of the catalans by the castilians same as General franco times

Iberian Peninsula is like Balkan Peninsula. Ten languages are spoken in Iberia, two in Portugal, seven in Spain and one in Gibraltar. It's really a complicated situation. Let's wait for the decision of Senate(the majority is from the party of Rajoy, so there is no really hope that something will change) on Friday.

looks like a repeat of the castialians throwing their weight around.........might end up like the butchering of the catalans by the castilians same as General franco times
Around two weeks ago, Pablo Casado, spokesman for the Spanish ruling party, the PP, has said this:
"Let's hope that nothing is declared tomorrow because perhaps the person who makes the decalartion will end up like the person who made the declaration 83 years ago."
The person he is talking about is Lluis Companys, head of the Catalonia region who was shot by firing squad in 1940.
All these efforts were useless and Companys was executed at Montjuïc Castle[14] in Barcelona at 6:30 a.m. on October 15, 1940. Refusing to wear a blindfold, he was taken before a firing squad of Civil Guards barefoot and, as they fired, he cried 'Per Catalunya!' (For Catalonia!).[2] He is buried at the Montjuïc Cemetery, near the castle. The cause of death was given as 'traumatic internal haemorrhage'.[15]
In the link is a video of Casado actually saying the words, so it's not fake news.
Spanish Government Issues Veiled Death Threat To Catalan Leader | Zero Hedge
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...ent-issues-veiled-death-threat-catalan-leader

This thread has been viewed 15742 times.

Back