I like Autumn (more than Summer)

I've always loved Fall as well, the colors and general atmosphere is great. Especially when you're surrounded by forests. Though I've got to say, as someone who's only seen three snow days in his life and recently saw one, Winter isn't half bad either.

C'mon...admit it...it's beautiful...
Screen-Shot-2014-02-12-at-2.11.06-PM.png

Oyster_Bay_NY_Stoddart_House-5a09885f4e4f7d0036626af0.JPG

049ef13c12527e83f47dce991c5e4a2a--the-hamptons-beach-look.jpg

It is beautiful to look at, especially when you're not prone to cabin fever. Wink.
I'll admit, Im a bit spoiled due to following the "Hudson Valley in Pictures" group on Facebook.

those symptoms I posted plus the nausea and chills I woke up to this morning are gone, so I cancelled
the funeral arrangements

If you're implying that's the the Hudson Valley, which is indeed beautiful, it's not. That's an ocean in the last picture.

It's not New Jersey either, for those who seem convinced I live there.

Taking a walk during a snowfall is one of life's pleasures. I do it almost every time there's a snowfall. The air is different somehow.

There's also skating, skiing, sledding, although I haven't done the latter since my children were young.

It's definitely too long here, though. They should have a rule, like in Camelot: Winter can't arrive until December and by March the second must disappear.

If you're implying that's the the Hudson Valley, which is indeed beautiful, it's not. That's an ocean in the last picture.

It's not New Jersey either, for those who seem convinced I live there.

Taking a walk during a snowfall is one of life's pleasures. I do it almost every time there's a snowfall. The air is different somehow.

There's also skating, skiing, sledding, although I haven't done the latter since my children were young.

It's definitely too long here, though. They should have a rule, like in Camelot: Winter can't arrive until December and by March the second must disappear.
Thanks and no, I wasn't implying those were Hudson valley pics :) just that I've seen many nice pics of snowy outdoor sceneries taken, and grew "spoiled" :).

Skiing and skating aren't for me, never did the former. Sledding is fun, weeeeeee

I don't like Summer, its too hot, similarly I prefer night over day, there is too much sun during the day, its a deadly laser.

Ah the joy I have when its cloudy and dark ... pure happiness.

Oh my word, how different people can be...I can't stand rain and dark, dreary skies. It makes me depressed. I was in London for about two weeks once and absolutely detested it. If it wasn't raining it looked like it was going to rain. No wonder they drink so much.

Oh my word, how different people can be...I can't stand rain and dark, dreary skies. It makes me depressed. I was in London for about two weeks once and absolutely detested it. If it wasn't raining it looked like it was going to rain. No wonder they drink so much.

Believe me, if you have too much of that circular burning devil in heaven, you will detest it.

Rain and clouds are a gift from the gods themselves :)

Believe me, if you have too much of that circular burning devil in heaven, you will detest it.
Rain and clouds are a gift from the gods themselves :)

Ah, I forgot you've lived in Saudi, perhaps most of your life?

I've never been; I don't know what it's like.

The only "desert" I really know is the type in New Mexico and Arizona. I thought it was beautiful, and I coped with the weather just fine, but Saudi deserts are probably an order of magnitude sunnier and hotter. Also, everything is air-conditioned. Even if it's dry heat, I couldn't live there without it. I also wore a hat all the time, but so did everyone else. :)

https://www.usclimatedata.com/climate/santa-fe/new-mexico/united-states/usnm0292

day-trips-from-santa-fe-northwest.jpg

santa-fe-new-mexico_downtown_large.jpg

canyon-road-santa-fe.jpg

I like all seasons to be honest but it really depends on where you live. If I was in the most southern part of Europe in Summer i would really dislike it because the night will be too hot and my skin will burned by the hot sun (even if i put sun cream somehow I get burned because of my pale skin). In north of south Europe I really enjoy summer there because it is hot but not too hot to enjoy it and my skin is more ok with it (but i still get burned if im not careful).

Autumn is nice aswell for me it's a start of a new beginning and a cooler welcome to winter. I can use a bigger blanket to sleep in and the leafs look lovely in that time. Also Halloween is fun and that is in Autumn too. How ever I think Autumn is better in northern Europe just because it works better on how it should be, south Europe takes more of it's time with Autumn.

Ah, I forgot you've lived in Saudi, perhaps most of your life?

I've never been; I don't know what it's like.

The only "desert" I really know is the type in New Mexico and Arizona. I thought it was beautiful, and I coped with the weather just fine, but Saudi deserts are probably an order of magnitude sunnier and hotter. Also, everything is air-conditioned. Even if it's dry heat, I couldn't live there without it. I also wore a hat all the time, but so did everyone else. :)

https://www.usclimatedata.com/climate/santa-fe/new-mexico/united-states/usnm0292

day-trips-from-santa-fe-northwest.jpg

santa-fe-new-mexico_downtown_large.jpg

canyon-road-santa-fe.jpg

Yeah all my life :( I'm planning to flee the country soon hahahaha

Our sun is not fun at all, it regularly reaches 45 degrees, I almost fainted when one time it got 54 degrees Celsius, its cool these days, I don't recognise the seasons here, they're all hot, except winter, that's tolerable.

Your deserts seem fun, they have clouds and vegetation and life .... I'm jealous.

Yeah all my life :( I'm planning to flee the country soon hahahaha

Our sun is not fun at all, it regularly reaches 45 degrees, I almost fainted when one time it got 54 degrees Celsius, its cool these days, I don't recognise the seasons here, they're all hot, except winter, that's tolerable.

Your deserts seem fun, they have clouds and vegetation and life .... I'm jealous.

Wow! Big difference...the highest average temperature in Santa Fe in the hottest summer month is 30. Even if it goes up to 35, sometimes...

It doesn't rain very much, maybe on average about an inch a month, but they can bring water in. I recommend Santa Fe to people all the time; a friend of mine lives there and loves it. It's really beautiful, and because it's high desert it actually has four seasons. In the mountains there are even some ski slopes. It's also an artist town, and considered one of the best "outdoor pursuits" locations in the U.S.

https://www.movoto.com/blog/real-estate-and-more/moving-to-santa-fe/

The U.S. is so big that you can find every type of climate. The Northwest is like the British Isles: rain, rain, clouds, clouds, rain. My favorite cousin lives there; better her than me. Well, she regrets settling there for a number of reasons, but sometimes when you make a choice you have to live with it.

Last time I visited her it looked like this every single day.
PDX-e1484591407614.jpg

4344363_orig.jpg

translation: "How about this time you also get inside"

CGVhwF1UkAEkn7o.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

4344363_orig.jpg

translation: "How about this time you also get inside"

CGVhwF1UkAEkn7o.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
You think we can grill some wings on that thing? I can bring over the mac salad and coleslaw as well

You think we can grill some wings on that thing? I can bring over the mac salad and coleslaw as well

You don't even need that thing, just throw them towards the sun and they'll return grilled and ready.

I love summer, I don't mind spring and autumn, but hate winter, except for a Christmas snow, I wish it was hot all the time.

This thread has been viewed 24842 times.

Back