Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
Y-DNA haplogroup
R-PF7566 (R-Y227216)
mtDNA haplogroup
H6a1b7
Just my luck.

I have been sick. Will this affect the sample?

Most illnesses will not affect your DNA and therefore will not affect your ability to test. However, if you have or have recently had an illness that has required antibiotics such as strep throat (Group A Streptococcus), you should wait until you are fully recovered before testing. Doing so will ensure that your samples contain your DNA and not that of the bacteria that caused the illness.
Medical situations that would be of concern would be: known genetic disorders, bone marrow transplants, and/or facial reconstruction with donor skin grafts in the mouth. In any of these cases, please contact us and discuss the specifics of your situation to determine if we can get a usable sample.

https://www.familytreedna.com/learn/testing-process/sick-will-affect-sample/

I received my 23andme DNA spit-kit in the mail today. But I'm currently taking Amox-Clav 875 mgs for a case of strep throat I caught last weekend with 8 and half days to go. :annoyed:

Good thing I bothered to look this up before I used the kit. I should probably give it about a week after I'm done with the antibiotics, just to be on the safe side.

Last edited:
Just my luck.

I am expected to receive my DNA spit-kit in the mail today. But I'm currently taking Amox-Clav 875 mgs for a case of strep throat I caught last weekend with 8 and half days to go. :annoyed:

Good thing I bothered to look this up before I used the kit. I should probably give it about a week after I'm done with the antibiotics, just to be on the safe side.

ha

antibiosis has effect?

ha

antibiosis has effect?

ZVVYVH3.png

To answer your question, only treatment like chemotherapy would affect the sample.

This thread has been viewed 5195 times.

Back