Admixture in "White Africaners"

I doubt white South-Africans even Afrikaners would pass as more 'nordiclike' than white Dutch people. Concerning French Huguenots they left a very very heavy onprint on Afrikaners surname (Du Randt, Du Plessis, De Villiers, Du Toit, Du Preez, Durpez, Roux, Le Roux, Terblanche, Olivier, Cronje (Crosnier?), Joubert, Naude, Marais, Fourie, maybe Serfontein...).
Concerning phenotypes, some "white" Afrikaners show some doubious details in their features, evocating some possible SSA input, even if rare. But we know a 3% exotic genes cannot leave a deep print on phenotype, only in some individuals, and these rare occurrences of external "unappropriate" traits are often easily eliminated by sexual or social selection in a few generation. I suppose we could say that in racist societies, phenotypes are always "purer" than total genotypes for this reason. What I think I remarked is they show some traces of selection towards rude, harsh types, more on the physical skills side than on the intellectual skills side.

What I think I remarked is they show some traces of selection towards rude, harsh types, more on the physical skills side than on the intellectual skills side.
I agree. Most of the time Boers were predominantly farmers, so such physical types were welcomed.

I would have said, concerning Afrikaners, selected towards another kind of intelligence, not the kind which prevails among graduate people of the universities.

Again afrikaner people are from different European backgrounds , here are examples of some well known Afrikaner celebrities:

Nico Panagiotopoulos:
He is an actor and TV presenter who is of Greek decent.
d9041025e2daf88530c2ffea3d3cc339.jpg

Patricia Lewis:
She is a natural blonde singer who is from Lebanese decent.
3bd03e46018c68f434f57656987915e1.jpg

Nina Swart:
An actress who is of Jewish decent.
d9d4dd1be14c7140294d0e5bb4b38f07.jpg

Lisa Swart:
A TV presenter of Jewish decent.
2c79ea747a183c2488317090f9418a95.jpg

Amor Vittone:
A singer who is of Italian decent.
a47c494693f58587e55121fcdd7eb3b5.jpg

Nadine:
A singer who is of Italian decent.
ce535c6531abb041429b5ab0b54a7350.jpg

Oscar Pretorius: an Athlete who is of Italian decent.
62a4f7a8aefcbd328ed7b9a9d9113afe.jpg

Chad Le Clo:
an athlete who is of French decent.
ebd38cff65027ee669692b4501230629.jpg

Pascal Pienaar:
An actress who is of French decent.
c70bea259cf4a8a451b5743036e0e7a9.jpg

Sarahann Doherty: an actress who is of Irish decent.
69e8323481596efaf464b189f51c4452.jpg

Then obviously we have the more Dutch/Nordic looking Afrikaners who (In my opinion) make up the majority of Afrikaner people.
b64aff74463d85cfad41f380dc13adb0.jpg

472e002137057e3e6538b0356159520a.jpg

20410a5afbbe84e65fc59a4e3989704f.jpg

da190b329daf0ed2c8d546c7211fa783.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting. Just an aside, though, Ms Lewis is obviously not a natural blonde. You should take a closer look at the photo. I'll give her credit for getting her roots done very frequently, though. :)

Interesting. Just an aside, though, Ms Lewis is obviously not a natural blonde. You should take a closer look at the photo. I'll give her credit for getting her roots done very frequently, though. :)

and her hair colour doesn't match her eyes and eyebrows
I don't like it

Strange her son looks blond.... Is blond hair rare among Lebanese people?
7515884d140f30e550892b1c776c9e05.jpg

Strange her son looks blond.... Is blond hair rare among Lebanese people?
7515884d140f30e550892b1c776c9e05.jpg

Yes, it's rare, but it's not impossible. I think King Hussein of Jordan had a Palestinian wife who had honey colored hair if I remember correctly. (His last wife was mostly American.)

Also, there are natural blondes with brown eyes and dark eyebrows. My daughter was pale blonde until she was in her late teens and she has very dark eyes and brows. There are famous women who had that combination as well, like Sandra Dee. Of course, as with almost all blondes it darkens.

709ac11bdd71bdc50b46426d56224fca--bobby-darin-sandra-dee.jpg

I wasn't going by either of those things but by the visible roots, which are even more visible here. I don't know if the child is full Lebanese, but that's also possible. The mother may have been blonde as a child and it darkened later. As I said, it happens in all ethnic groups to some extent. She just has terrible taste, imo, like Jessica Simpson, as an American example. If your hair has darkened, you get it highlighted if you want to keep it blondish. The darker it's gotten the less pale you can go. You don't get this fake all over platinum look. It's very ugly in addition to being very artificial and cheap looking as far as I'm concerned.

jessica-simpson-yearbook-freshman-year-young-1995-fashion-star-season-1-tv-2012-photo-split.jpg

Forget it: I think Hussein's Palestinian wife may just have lightened her hair a bit.

0f9199a8b3f8d801388ef44a101e951c--queen-noor-queen-rania.jpg

In the colonial era, racial segregation in South Africa was largely informal and the system of apartheid was implemented by the right-wing National Party in 1948. The colored community is still as large as the white counterpart, making up 9% of the nation's population. Some of these light-skinned colored South Africans could pass for white in the apartheid era, especially if it meant acquiring more privileges. 3% South Asian admixture is likely to be derived from Indians or Malays as some colored families in the Cape Town region have Malay origins.

When racist colonial settlers arrived at the southern tip of Africa during the 17th century, their racism did not preclude sexual relations with the locals. Several generations later, the colored community is ostensibly an ethnic group just like the Xhosas or the Zulus or any of the other myriad groupings within South Africa’s borders. It makes up 9 percent of the country’s population of 50.6 million.

South Africans are adept at broadly classifying one another as black, white, Indian or colored, despite often complicated lineages. Some colored families, especially in the Cape Town region, have Malay origins, courtesy of the historic slave trade that brought Asians to South Africa; others have roots in the local indigenous Khoi community. Our discriminatory skills are so fine-grained that Barack Obama would not pass as colored here; the U.S. president is “biracial.”

Colored communities lived in their own neighborhoods — most still do — and spoke Afrikaans as their mother-tongue, a language similar to Dutch and dissimilar to indigenous African languages. We were not white, and we were not treated as white. More money was spent on us than on the average black African community but less than on the average white one. Thus the racial hierarchy was legally, politically and economically entrenched.

In the colonial era, racial segregation in South Africa was largely informal and the system of apartheid was implemented by the right-wing National Party in 1948. The colored community is still as large as the white counterpart, making up 9% of the nation's population. Some of these light-skinned colored South Africans could pass for white in the apartheid era, especially if it meant acquiring more privileges. 3% South Asian admixture is likely to be derived from Indians or Malays as some colored families in the Cape Town region have Malay origins.

Together, the HNP (Nationalist party) and the Afrikaner Party won 79 seats in the House of Assembly against a combined total of 74 won by the UP (united party). By a quirk of the First Past the Post system the NP had won more seats, even though the UP (united party) had received over eleven percent more votes. The Nationalist coalition subsequently formed a new government and ushered in the era of formal, legally binding apartheid.

5f1a7e7e39e02c21c6469ffb9b87e114.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, it's rare, but it's not impossible. I think King Hussein of Jordan had a Palestinian wife who had honey colored hair if I remember correctly. (His last wife was mostly American.)

Also, there are natural blondes with brown eyes and dark eyebrows. My daughter was pale blonde until she was in her late teens and she has very dark eyes and brows. There are famous women who had that combination as well, like Sandra Dee. Of course, as with almost all blondes it darkens.

709ac11bdd71bdc50b46426d56224fca--bobby-darin-sandra-dee.jpg

I wasn't going by either of those things but by the visible roots, which are even more visible here. I don't know if the child is full Lebanese, but that's also possible. The mother may have been blonde as a child and it darkened later. As I said, it happens in all ethnic groups to some extent. She just has terrible taste, imo, like Jessica Simpson, as an American example. If your hair has darkened, you get it highlighted if you want to keep it blondish. The darker it's gotten the less pale you can go. You don't get this fake all over platinum look. It's very ugly in addition to being very artificial and cheap looking as far as I'm concerned.

jessica-simpson-yearbook-freshman-year-young-1995-fashion-star-season-1-tv-2012-photo-split.jpg

Forget it: I think Hussein's Palestinian wife may just have lightened her hair a bit.

0f9199a8b3f8d801388ef44a101e951c--queen-noor-queen-rania.jpg
Very interesting.

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Eupedia Forum mobile app

It's like the Italian singer Alexia:
Alexia2.jpg

The platinum streaks are obviously artificial, and part of her "performance look", yet below is a picture of her with her daughter, and I would assume the father is Italian. The blonde hair is obviously a family trait.
italian-singer-alexia-born-alessia-aquilani-and-her-18monthold-maria-picture-id482270477

Then there's Gwen Stefani, another natural brown-eyed blonde. In the prom picture she looks a bit like my daughter: same summer tanned look.

hqdefault.jpg

article-0-1DF5F11D00000578-463_634x634.jpg

The platinum is obviously fake, but again, it's the stylized performance "look". This is why, although you're not invading a celebrity's privacy by using their pictures, it's sometimes difficult to tell much from their pictures. Indeed, women in general change their "looks" so often that it's difficult in general.

DL85nTHXcAA6h3Z.jpg

And the brutality against black Americans during slavery and later was far worse than going to the back of the bus, as was the treatment of black South Africans under the Afrikaner regime, yes?

My point had to do with the fact that it isn't rare that people who are mixed to some degree are often the most rabid racists. After all, the laws were promulgated at a time when some rumors must still have been current. Another piece of evidence is that instead of using a genetic or genealogical measure, they based legal distinctions solely on appearance until very late in the history of the regime. The psychology is interesting.

Of course, no matter what treatment the blacks received, it wouldn't justify the murder of white South Africans.

I would also be careful with the use of the word "genocide". It's disrespectful to people like Jews and Armenians who actually did suffer a genocide.

Btw, along these lines there's the case of the black looking daughter of two "white" Afrikaners, who was re-classified and relegated to "Coloured" or black society. The reclassification was based solely on her appearance. I remember reading that there was all sorts of swill peddled about how the mother must have had an affair with a black man. Much later a paternity test was administered, and other dna testing, and it was proved she was the biological daughter of her legal parents. They eventually changed the law to say the biological child of two white parents could not be re-classified, but what difference would it have made. She would still have been an outcast, as the parents were, as if this possibility was catching, like a cold or a virus. Poor people.

Sandra Laing:
sandralaing.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/theguardian/2003/mar/17/features11.g2

That Sandra Laing story... I mean even if David Reich Lab would make a genetic test, who they think they gonna manipulate a part some sensationnal christians. Even if ssa ancestry would be found in both those guys, physically, there is nothing of both, she just cheat with a black guy, never assumed it and it becomed a sensationnal story for the sake of the destruction of the Apartheid. Some people thinks that lies, can be an end in itself if it can help. I'm absolutely not in that corner, a lie is a lie, and that story... whatever. It not happend in South Africa for the sake of hasard. You would never seen the same in a Islandic or Japanese family.

It's like the Italian singer Alexia:
Alexia2.jpg

The platinum streaks are obviously artificial, and part of her "performance look", yet below is a picture of her with her daughter, and I would assume the father is Italian. The blonde hair is obviously a family trait.
italian-singer-alexia-born-alessia-aquilani-and-her-18monthold-maria-picture-id482270477

Then there's Gwen Stefani, another natural brown-eyed blonde. In the prom picture she looks a bit like my daughter: same summer tanned look.

hqdefault.jpg

article-0-1DF5F11D00000578-463_634x634.jpg

The platinum is obviously fake, but again, it's the stylized performance "look". This is why, although you're not invading a celebrity's privacy by using their pictures, it's sometimes difficult to tell much from their pictures. Indeed, women in general change their "looks" so often that it's difficult in general.

DL85nTHXcAA6h3Z.jpg
In South-Africa a lot of Afrikaner girls prefer dying their hair blonde for some reason. It's like some crazy trend I guess.

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Eupedia Forum mobile app

That Sandra Laing story... I mean even if David Reich Lab would make a genetic test, who they think they gonna manipulate a part some sensationnal christians. Even if ssa ancestry would be found in both those guys, physically, there is nothing of both, she just cheat with a black guy, never assumed it and it becomed a sensationnal story for the sake of the destruction of the Apartheid. Some people thinks that lies, can be an end in itself if it can help. I'm absolutely not in that corner, a lie is a lie, and that story... whatever. It not happend in South Africa for the sake of hasard. You would never seen the same in a Islandic or Japanese family.

It would be nice if every once in a while people did some research before they opined. Dna tests were done, the standard kind that can be done through any hospital, and is done every day in paternity and maternity cases. It was finally determined scientifically: that girl is without any doubt the biological child of both the man and the woman. Is it rare for this to happen? Yes it is. Did it happen? Yes, it did.

Now we know more. Is the average "White Africaner" 6% non-white? Yes, they are, whether you like it or not.

End of story.

It would be nice if every once in a while people did some research before they opined. Dna tests were done, the standard kind that can be done through any hospital, and is done every day in paternity and maternity cases. It was finally determined scientifically: that girl is without any doubt the biological child of both the man and the woman. Is it rare for this to happen? Yes it is. Did it happen? Yes, it did.

Now we know more. Is the average "White Africaner" 6% non-white? Yes, they are, whether you like it or not.

End of story.

It is not about being nice, whatever the wife cheat, being raped, or the couple adopt that child. It is just not there child. Why would that pseudo-beautiful story being true, juste because of Apartheid... Even with extrapolation, that both the husband or the wife have SSA ancestry, both 3 just dont feet together. This story is juste a lie, who indirectly make the occidental public opinion way more focus on apartheid. This is sad, that this girl has being seperated from her family, for racial reasons. But lie about her origin, dont gonna make the story more easily swallow, actually those type of lies, are typically the reasons of the augmentation of xenophobia in the occidental world. People are not stupid, and every lies gonna jump out one day, the difference is, people gonna be more and more cynical about violence in the world more you lied to them.

It is not about being nice, whatever the wife cheat, being raped, or the couple adopt that child. It is just not there child. Why would that pseudo-beautiful story being true, juste because of Apartheid... Even with extrapolation, that both the husband or the wife have SSA ancestry, both 3 just dont feet together. This story is juste a lie, who indirectly make the occidental public opinion way more focus on apartheid. This is sad, that this girl has being seperated from her family, for racial reasons. But lie about her origin, dont gonna make the story more easily swallow, actually those type of lies, are typically the reasons of the augmentation of xenophobia in the occidental world. People are not stupid, and every lies gonna jump out one day, the difference is, people gonna be more and more cynical about violence in the world more you lied to them.

OK, halfalp, everybody lied: the parents who took the tests, the South African court which ordered the tests, the hospitals which administered the tests, the court which made the finding, the papers that reported the results of the tests. Everybody.

Only you know the truth. Got it.

OK, halfalp, everybody lied: the parents who took the tests, the South African court which ordered the tests, the hospitals which administered the tests, the court which made the finding, the papers that reported the results of the tests. Everybody.

Only you know the truth. Got it.

Why is everyone having panic attacks over the small percentage of non white, especially non Africaners?

Like the Africaners themselves, many people have defined "white" ancestry by appearance. Does no one remember the Nazis with their elaborate physical tests for "race"? If someone is fair-skinned, and especially if someone is fair-skinned, blonde and blue-eyed, they must by definition be totally "white". Well, it's not true. The Afrikaners "look" white, but it is incontrovertible that, on average, they are about 3% southeast Asian, and 3% SSA. Now, some may be less and some more. That just seems like a blasphemy to some people, but it's true nonetheless, and it is possible because the snps controlling pigmentation and even facial features are such a small part of the whole.

The story of that young girl and the suffering both she and her parents endured did indeed bring apartheid and its stupidity into disrepute. They were actually determining "race" by skin pigmentation charts and calipers for skull measurements! Tell me that didn't have something to do with the fact that so many genealogical records existed which showed distant ancestors who were clearly listed on records as "colored"! The problem is that if two people who are each perhaps 10% or even more SSA marry and have a child, in rare instances the pigmentation and hair and nose shape genes can resurface.

As I said, it's rare, although it has happened in other places. Why would a South African court finally admit evidence of the fact she was the biological child of those two people if it weren't true? Granted, they went years refusing to admit the evidence, because if evidence other than physical appearance was admitted the laws regarding "classification" would have to change. That, at least, is the way I understand that the system worked.

I don't know, maybe some people would also prefer that apartheid never fell. Nothing surprises me anymore.

This thread has been viewed 38818 times.

Back