Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 144
    Overall activity: 99.3%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Yetos View Post
    oh yeah I am the one

''I scored 52% in the @channel4 psychopathic traits test.''

oh boy,

Isaak newton 61!!!!!!
    http://www.smithsonianmag.com/scienc...path-96723962/
    When most of us hear the word “psychopath,” we imagine Hannibal Lecter. Kevin Dutton would prefer that we think of brain surgeons, CEOs and Buddhist monks. In his new book, The Wisdom of Psychopaths: What Saints, Spies and Serial Killers Can Teach Us About Success, the Oxford research psychologist argues that psychopathic personality traits—charm, confidence, ruthlessness, coolness under pressure—can, in the right doses, be a good thing. Not all psychopaths are violent, he says, and some of them are just the sort of people society can count on in a crisis.

When psychologists talk about psychopaths, what we’re referring to are people who have a distinct set of personality characteristics, which include things like ruthlessness, fearlessness, mental toughness, charm, persuasiveness and a lack of conscience and empathy. Imagine that you tick the box for all of those characteristics. You also happen to be violent and stupid. It’s not going to be long before you smack a bottle over someone’s head in a bar and get locked up for a long time in prison. But if you tick the box for all of those characteristics, and you happen to be intelligent and not naturally violent, then it’s a different story altogether. Then you’re more likely to make a killing in the market rather than anywhere else.

Psychopaths are assertive. Psychopaths don’t procrastinate. Psychopaths tend to focus on the positive. Psychopaths don’t take things personally; they don’t beat themselves up if things go wrong, even if they’re to blame. And they’re pretty cool under pressure. Those kinds of characteristics aren’t just important in the business arena, but also in everyday life.
    The key here is keeping it in context. Let’s think of psychopathic traits—ruthlessness, toughness, charm, focus—as the dials on a [recording] studio deck. If you were to turn all of those dials up to max, then you’re going to overload the circuit. You’re going to wind up getting 30 years inside or the electric chair or something like that. But if you have some of them up high and some of them down low, depending on the context, in certain endeavors, certain professions, you are going to be predisposed to great success. The key is to be able to turn them back down again.

I ran a survey in 2011, “The Great British Psychopath Survey,” in which I got people to fill out a questionnaire online to find out how psychopathic they were. I also got people to enter their occupations, what they did for a living, and how much money they earned over the course of a year. We found a whole range of professions cropping up—no serial killers among them, although no one would admit to it. The results made very interesting reading, especially if you’re partial to a sermon or two on a Sunday, because the clergy cropped up there at number eight. You had the usual suspects at the top; you had your CEOs, lawyers, media—TV and radio. Journalists were a bit down the list. We also had civil servants. There were several police officers, actually, so as opposed to being criminals, some psychopaths are actually out there locking other people up. Any situation where you’ve a got a power structure, a hierarchy, the ability to manipulate or wield control over people, you get psychopaths doing very well.
    One important take away from the couple of Psychology classes I took in college was that everyone has shades of these mental disorders. Which is what ultimately shapes our personalities. With it, there are certain advantageous traits that could be applied in modern society. This article goes on to explain that some psychotic traits can allow you be to be quite successful both professionally and socially. However if the person also happens to be stupid, these traits would ultimately get them in trouble. The big difference is intelligence and managing aggression. As the article explains, not only are some of the inmates psychos; so are some of the people that lock them up. The difference is the ones that became police officers are able to hone those traits to their advantage. The same could be said for other occupations that require you to make tough decisions and act ruthlessly, where others may be inhibited.

Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo View Post
    "Kevin Dutton, a psychologist at Oxford, and the author of The Wisdom of Psychopaths, has been gathering data on musical tastes and other preferences for a psychopath study with Channel 4. More than three million people have responded so far, and while online surveys have serious weaknesses, the results so far suggest psychopaths favour rap music over classical and jazz.". Note that Channel 4 is one of the main British TV channels.
    The Smithsonianmag article I linked is an interview with Kevin Dutton.

Regular Member Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 320
    Overall activity: 0%

Ethnic group
    Polish/German/Jewish/Rh-

What type of music did they prefer before there was rap?

Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by firetown View Post
    What type of music did they prefer before there was rap?
    Since anger and violence is so much a part of rap, perhaps in much earlier times it was war songs? Not, of course, that most or many soldiers are psychopaths. Did pirates have their own songs? I would think so, and I would also think this might have been an attractive career choice, more than being a weaver, for example. :)

Also, I think we should emphasize that human psychiatric traits are always on a continuum. Real psychopaths are relatively rare.

This is a different scaling system than the one we've been discussing, but interesting in this regard.

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

OverdriveVeteranThree Friends25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 562

Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a3a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2b

Ethnic group
    Makedonian original

I think modern society, and modern way of living push psychopath to persons

some heroes like him

or some anti-heroes etc etc

or even a psychopath hero to face the bad psychopath guys

come on, most of our modern heroes are psychopaths

our rules, presidents, ministers etc are psychopaths

ΟΘΕΝ ΑΙΔΩΣ OY EINAI
    ΑΤΗ ΛΑΜΒΑΝΕΙΝ ΑΥΤΟΙΣ
    ΥΒΡΙΣ ΓΕΝΝΑΤΑΙ
    ΝΕΜΕΣΙΣ ΚΑΙ ΤΙΣΗ ΑΚΟΛΟΥΘΟΥΣΙ ΔΕ

When there is no shame
    Divine blindness conquers them
    Hybris (abuse, opprombium) is born
    Nemesis and punishment follows.

Εχε υπομονη Ηρωα
    Η τιμωρια δεν αργει.

Princess Achievements:
    Overdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteranThree Friends
    Level
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 221
    Overall activity: 7.0%

Ethnic group
    Italian,Irish,Jewish

I scored 48 percent likely bc I answered "agree" to questions asking if I'd do something cool like ride a motorcycle...so what? I'm more of a psychopath because I'm not boring or lame/dorky enough? Should I give up listening to metal and take up gardening, cut off my testosterone supply, gain fat, lose muscle, look up tuna salad recipes, and bake cookies for the neighbors? Screw that. I scored high because I'm not boring enough (btw I'm not saying that those who scored lower are more boring than myself-this includes anyone who scored 30 percent or lower. This test is only 11 questions long and isn't comprehensive imo).

Princess Achievements:
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian,Irish,Jewish

my high score tells me that I'm still a buck with plenty of testosterone floating around ;)

Level
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 270

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J-L70
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H2a2a1

Ethnic group
    Bulgarian

27%, I listen to Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, Punk etc

Moderator Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First Class1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Yaan View Post
    27%, I listen to Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, Punk etc
    Too bad they didn't get more in dept with the genres. Like LeBrock said, there's a lot of different sub-genres of Classical music. The same if very true for Metal and Punk. I think people really into Black, Death, and/or Thrash metal would score differently, than someone just into regular Heavy Metal from the 70s. Same for punk; I'm sure people into hardcore, Oi, and/or 1977 style punk rock would have different scores. However, these sub-genres and crossover-genres can get very obscure though; so it would kind of be a ridiculous test at that point. Not to mention different regional-styles for those sub-genres.

Though people like my dad would sum them up in one genre; Crap.

Level
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Overall activity: 24.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>CTS9320>Z38456

Ethnic group
    Albanian

I scored 73% and the first sentence in the result is "you can play hardball with the best of them.

These pages and studies are a joke

No Diggity of Blackstreet is such a chill song and it's simply a nice song to hear to, while Eminem's Lose Yourself reminds you of past bad memories that made you stronger.

This whole fake psychopath thing must be just related to testosterone overproduction.

Try to listen to some of Hocico's songs like Ecos and Firewalking and make a comparison.

1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 141

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E V13
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12

It is a surprising result! Always thought that psycopaths are gmasters at being undistinguishable.
    So i always thought that they would always go for main stream. You need empathy to percieve art...

Sent from my SM-G903F using Eupedia Forum mobile app

Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

For me, the most important trait that makes a psychopath is propensity to like suffering of others. Feeling pleasure from causing pain to others, physically and mentally. Without this major trait, whatever is left of psychopaths is harmless, or almost.
    Be wary of people who tend to glorify the past, underestimate the present, and demonize the future.

Princess Achievements:
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian,Irish,Jewish

Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    I scored 73% and the first sentence in the result is "you can play hardball with the best of them.

These pages and studies are a joke

No Diggity of Blackstreet is such a chill song and it's simply a nice song to hear to, while Eminem's Lose Yourself reminds you of past bad memories that made you stronger.

This whole fake psychopath thing must be just related to testosterone overproduction.

Try to listen to some of Hocico's songs like Ecos and Firewalking and make a comparison.
    I totally agree on the testosterone thing, this test can overly inflate the score for males who have very healthy testosterone levels...or very healthy in general. Very healthy males like you and me. I forgot how to spell my doctor's name. Lol.

Satyavrata Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italo-celto-germanic

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    I totally agree on the testosterone thing, this test can overly inflate the score for males who have very healthy testosterone levels...or very healthy in general. Very healthy males like you and me. I forgot how to spell my doctor's name. Lol.
    Not so sure. Testosterone levels vary a lot with age. Yet before puberty I liked both classical and hard rock, and as my testosterone rose as a teenager (and it was quite high) I liked classical even more and stopped listening to hard rock altogether. I did kart racing as a teen, then I travelled around the world as a backpacker in my early twenties, did bungee jumping, rock climbing and other rather risky activities, which I wouldn't try again now. But my preference for classical music never changed over time. And I like all subgenres of classsical.
    My book selection---Follow me on Facebook and Twitter --- My profile on Academia.edu and on ResearchGate ----Check Wa-pedia's Japan Guide
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

Satyavrata Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italo-celto-germanic

Quote Originally Posted by Bergin View Post
    You need empathy to percieve art...
    Probably. That's maybe why I never thought of rap as art.

1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-U106 R-L1
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1e

I wonder if this psychopath from the latest shooting in the US also enjoyed rap. These attributes are heritable. I'm sure he was just like his father(he was on America most want list), but healthily expressed and even controlled his psychopathy through gambling until he released he was getting old and finally acted on his inner habits. These people can blend in very well with the average population. It's a scary thing to think but friends and even family members could be part of this group without anyone realizing. It seems like this guys brother was luckily enough not to inherit the same psychopathy the shooter had.(Note the shooter had no children while his brother did)

Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

Quote Originally Posted by Promenade View Post
    I wonder if this psychopath from the latest shooting in the US also enjoyed rap. These attributes are heritable. I'm sure he was just like his father(he was on America most want list), but healthily expressed and even controlled his psychopathy through gambling until he released he was getting old and finally acted on his inner habits. These people can blend in very well with the average population. It's a scary thing to think but friends and even family members could be part of this group without anyone realizing. It seems like this guys brother was luckily enough not to inherit the same psychopathy the shooter had.(Note the shooter had no children while his brother did)
    Weird case of well off retired accountant going psycho. We can't exclude brain injury or brain cancer yet. They are known to change personality in people too.

1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-U106 R-L1
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1e

Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    Weird case of well off retired accountant going psycho. We can't exclude brain injury or brain cancer yet. They are known to change personality in people too.
    Okay, I'll give you that Lebrock. We don't know yet that perhaps he had a brain injury, but it's very curious given his fathers tendencies and his addiction with gambling.

Moderator Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

This reminds me of the wrestler, Chris Benoit. He was a successful wrestler, I was even a fan of his back in the ECW/WCW/WWF days. He ended up murdering his entire family, and committing suicide. Some blame it on the fact that he had sustained concussions from wrestling.

I used to have a friend that was a wrestler in the indie-circuit. Sometimes he would act pretty psychotic out of nowhere; seemingly for no reason. He also ended up getting into a lot of trouble with the law eventually. Sometimes he seemed like a reasonable person and was very cool; other times he was nihilistically aggressive, and lacked empathy. I strongly suspect this had something to do with his head injuries. But I think he had some other underlying issues as well.

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian

This is a very strange case in more ways than one. Psychic breaks as in schizophrenia and related disorders occur predominantly in late adolescence or early adulthood, not this age, and violent behavior also diminishes with age, so perhaps there was something going on, as LeBrok suggests, like a tumor or something similar.

On the other hand, psychopatholgy can be a life long condition. The torture of animals is one sign of it, and certain psychopaths have a history of it as children. If that were the case then it's remarkable, as Promenade pointed out, that he controlled it for this long.

I doubt this had anything to do with excess testosterone. By his age, the levels are pretty low.

Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 304

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E1b1b1a2*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c3

Ethnic group
    Kosovar-Albanian

It is strange how people working in the field of psychology do not even bother to check the work of previous scientists of the field, such as Clare w. Graves and continue his work. His study in the prissons of US matched perfectly this “psycopathic” level of human existence that is summarized in the nutshell in this paragraph:
    3. Red
    (Egocentric)
    A highly individualistic level, often with a lot of anger in it.Can be seen in the ‘terrible two’s’ and rebellious teenage behaviour. Also evident in macho street violence later in life. Core values here include power, immediate gratification, escaping from being controlled, being respected and avoiding shame. Some evidence that a high proportion of prison population is at this level shown by lack of consequence awareness.
    This level of human egzistence is driven by testosterone, grandiosity, purely egodriven. Unfortunately people that manage their egoes are boring to others since they are calm and serene. Ego has driven the humanity but it is a demon that needs to be tamed. Ego, that runs rampant manifests itself through psycopathy, bipolar, borderline, histrionic, narcisssim ,,, and a plethora of disorders that are listed but psychologists. Other levels of egzistence grow beyond this system and are able to be “healthy” members of society.

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by FBS View Post
    It is strange how people working in the field of psychology do not even bother to check the work of previous scientists of the field, such as Clare w. Graves and continue his work. His study in the prissons of US matched perfectly this “psycopathic” level of human existence that is summarized in the nutshell in this paragraph:
    3. Red
    (Egocentric)
    A highly individualistic level, often with a lot of anger in it.Can be seen in the ‘terrible two’s’ and rebellious teenage behaviour. Also evident in macho street violence later in life. Core values here include power, immediate gratification, escaping from being controlled, being respected and avoiding shame. Some evidence that a high proportion of prison population is at this level shown by lack of consequence awareness.
    This level of human egzistence is driven by testosterone, grandiosity, purely egodriven. Unfortunately people that manage their egoes are boring to others since they are calm and serene. Ego has driven the humanity but it is a demon that needs to be tamed. Ego, that runs rampant manifests itself through psycopathy, bipolar, borderline, histrionic, narcisssim ,,, and a plethora of disorders that are listed but psychologists. Other levels of egzistence grow beyond this system and are able to be “healthy” members of society.
    Was she by any chance the same doctor who once advocated giving all inmates a small dose of lithium or a similar drug? I remember reading about that. I'm sure that will never be permitted, but from my experience it would benefit both the inmates and make managing the inmate population easier. It would actually be more humane, imo.

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

Quote Originally Posted by Promenade View Post
    Okay, I'll give you that Lebrock. We don't know yet that perhaps he had a brain injury, but it's very curious given his fathers tendencies and his addiction with gambling.
    I just heard about his father. His psychopathic condition seems mostly genetic now. The question stands why so late in life? Did he lose all his fortune in Las Vegas?

Moderator Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

I just heard about his father. His psychopathic condition seems mostly genetic now. The question stands why so late in life? Did he lose all his fortune in Las Vegas?
    I think the genetic aspect is possible. But it may also be from a negative upbringing, of having a bank-robber father on the FBI list. Perhaps both could have been influential; it's tough to say.

Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 304

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E1b1b1a2*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c3

Ethnic group
    Kosovar-Albanian

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Was she by any chance the same doctor who once advocated giving all inmates a small dose of lithium or a similar drug? I remember reading about that. I'm sure that will never be permitted, but from my experience it would benefit both the inmates and make managing the inmate population easier. It would actually be more humane, imo.
    No, Clare W. Graves was actually a he. You can find out more about him and his work on http://www.clarewgraves.com/home.html

Level
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Overall activity: 24.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>CTS9320>Z38456

Ethnic group
    Albanian

I'd call a psychopath only those who have tendencies or end up hurting others/animals out of pleasure or whatever reason they have.

The rest is just krap trying to categorize a mix of several personal traits.

If anything, real psychopaths are usually abused loners with no friends, social skills, or even the slightest intention to develop any sort of relationship. As for the definition of the fake psychopaths just call it macho or narcissist and get done with it. "Charismatic psycho", yeah right.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast