Psychopaths have a distinct preference for rap music

I wonder if this psychopath from the latest shooting in the US also enjoyed rap. These attributes are heritable. I'm sure he was just like his father(he was on America most want list), but healthily expressed and even controlled his psychopathy through gambling until he released he was getting old and finally acted on his inner habits. These people can blend in very well with the average population. It's a scary thing to think but friends and even family members could be part of this group without anyone realizing. It seems like this guys brother was luckily enough not to inherit the same psychopathy the shooter had.(Note the shooter had no children while his brother did)
Weird case of well off retired accountant going psycho. We can't exclude brain injury or brain cancer yet. They are known to change personality in people too.

Weird case of well off retired accountant going psycho. We can't exclude brain injury or brain cancer yet. They are known to change personality in people too.
Okay, I'll give you that Lebrock. We don't know yet that perhaps he had a brain injury, but it's very curious given his fathers tendencies and his addiction with gambling.

This reminds me of the wrestler, Chris Benoit. He was a successful wrestler, I was even a fan of his back in the ECW/WCW/WWF days. He ended up murdering his entire family, and committing suicide. Some blame it on the fact that he had sustained concussions from wrestling.

I used to have a friend that was a wrestler in the indie-circuit. Sometimes he would act pretty psychotic out of nowhere; seemingly for no reason. He also ended up getting into a lot of trouble with the law eventually. Sometimes he seemed like a reasonable person and was very cool; other times he was nihilistically aggressive, and lacked empathy. I strongly suspect this had something to do with his head injuries. But I think he had some other underlying issues as well.

This is a very strange case in more ways than one. Psychic breaks as in schizophrenia and related disorders occur predominantly in late adolescence or early adulthood, not this age, and violent behavior also diminishes with age, so perhaps there was something going on, as LeBrok suggests, like a tumor or something similar.

On the other hand, psychopatholgy can be a life long condition. The torture of animals is one sign of it, and certain psychopaths have a history of it as children. If that were the case then it's remarkable, as Promenade pointed out, that he controlled it for this long.

I doubt this had anything to do with excess testosterone. By his age, the levels are pretty low.

It is strange how people working in the field of psychology do not even bother to check the work of previous scientists of the field, such as Clare w. Graves and continue his work. His study in the prissons of US matched perfectly this “psycopathic” level of human existence that is summarized in the nutshell in this paragraph:
3. Red
(Egocentric)
A highly individualistic level, often with a lot of anger in it.Can be seen in the ‘terrible two’s’ and rebellious teenage behaviour. Also evident in macho street violence later in life. Core values here include power, immediate gratification, escaping from being controlled, being respected and avoiding shame. Some evidence that a high proportion of prison population is at this level shown by lack of consequence awareness.
This level of human egzistence is driven by testosterone, grandiosity, purely egodriven. Unfortunately people that manage their egoes are boring to others since they are calm and serene. Ego has driven the humanity but it is a demon that needs to be tamed. Ego, that runs rampant manifests itself through psycopathy, bipolar, borderline, histrionic, narcisssim ,,, and a plethora of disorders that are listed but psychologists. Other levels of egzistence grow beyond this system and are able to be “healthy” members of society.

It is strange how people working in the field of psychology do not even bother to check the work of previous scientists of the field, such as Clare w. Graves and continue his work. His study in the prissons of US matched perfectly this “psycopathic” level of human existence that is summarized in the nutshell in this paragraph:
3. Red
(Egocentric)
A highly individualistic level, often with a lot of anger in it.Can be seen in the ‘terrible two’s’ and rebellious teenage behaviour. Also evident in macho street violence later in life. Core values here include power, immediate gratification, escaping from being controlled, being respected and avoiding shame. Some evidence that a high proportion of prison population is at this level shown by lack of consequence awareness.
This level of human egzistence is driven by testosterone, grandiosity, purely egodriven. Unfortunately people that manage their egoes are boring to others since they are calm and serene. Ego has driven the humanity but it is a demon that needs to be tamed. Ego, that runs rampant manifests itself through psycopathy, bipolar, borderline, histrionic, narcisssim ,,, and a plethora of disorders that are listed but psychologists. Other levels of egzistence grow beyond this system and are able to be “healthy” members of society.

Was she by any chance the same doctor who once advocated giving all inmates a small dose of lithium or a similar drug? I remember reading about that. I'm sure that will never be permitted, but from my experience it would benefit both the inmates and make managing the inmate population easier. It would actually be more humane, imo.

Okay, I'll give you that Lebrock. We don't know yet that perhaps he had a brain injury, but it's very curious given his fathers tendencies and his addiction with gambling.
I just heard about his father. His psychopathic condition seems mostly genetic now. The question stands why so late in life? Did he lose all his fortune in Las Vegas?

I just heard about his father. His psychopathic condition seems mostly genetic now. The question stands why so late in life? Did he lose all his fortune in Las Vegas?

I think the genetic aspect is possible. But it may also be from a negative upbringing, of having a bank-robber father on the FBI list. Perhaps both could have been influential; it's tough to say.

Was she by any chance the same doctor who once advocated giving all inmates a small dose of lithium or a similar drug? I remember reading about that. I'm sure that will never be permitted, but from my experience it would benefit both the inmates and make managing the inmate population easier. It would actually be more humane, imo.
No, Clare W. Graves was actually a he. You can find out more about him and his work on http://www.clarewgraves.com/home.html

I'd call a psychopath only those who have tendencies or end up hurting others/animals out of pleasure or whatever reason they have.

The rest is just krap trying to categorize a mix of several personal traits.

If anything, real psychopaths are usually abused loners with no friends, social skills, or even the slightest intention to develop any sort of relationship. As for the definition of the fake psychopaths just call it macho or narcissist and get done with it. "Charismatic psycho", yeah right.

Too bad they didn't get more in dept with the genres. Like LeBrock said, there's a lot of different sub-genres of Classical music. The same if very true for Metal and Punk. I think people really into Black, Death, and/or Thrash metal would score differently, than someone just into regular Heavy Metal from the 70s. Same for punk; I'm sure people into hardcore, Oi, and/or 1977 style punk rock would have different scores. However, these sub-genres and crossover-genres can get very obscure though; so it would kind of be a ridiculous test at that point. Not to mention different regional-styles for those sub-genres.

Though people like my dad would sum them up in one genre; Crap. :rolleyes:

I guess you are right about Black and Death, but I love, love, love, love Thrash Metallica , Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax, Exodus, Testament,Sepultura, Pantera .... :)

I guess you are right about Black and Death, but I love, love, love, love Thrash Metallica , Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax, Exodus, Testament,Sepultura, Pantera .... :)

I with you on that.

I actually prefer Thrash Metal to the other metal sub-genres.

I also like late-80s style New York Hardcore. I think it combines the best elements of metal and punk, imo.

I with you on that.

I actually prefer Thrash Metal to the other metal sub-genres.

I also like late-80s style New York Hardcore. I think it combines the best elements of metal and punk, imo.

Yes I like DRI, Cro-Mags, Agnostic Front, Suicidal Tendencies, I also like Ramones so, so much :)

This is why I am getting very jaundiced about social psych type studies. There are too many variables that they don't consider.

It's a delusion to think that prisons are full of genius criminal minds. In local and state prisons, in particular, the profile is lower class, uneducated, disproportionately black from inner city slums. When would they have been exposed to classical music or traditional folk music?

They listen to rap. That's what they know. Correlation is not causation. They have to control for all sorts of variables, and test all over the world before they come to any conclusions, and even then they should be cautious.

I'm sure that in the 1920s a lot of them listened to blues or jazz. Now, it's effete white people like me, I bet, who listen to it regularly.

The problem with rap for me is that it's all about male anger, at least since the very early days. That's a function not of the "form", which actually is barely musical, but of the content.

All of that said, I think a lot of Eminem's lyrics are quite profound and moving, even if expressed in a way that doesn't appeal to me.

The 'content' can vary. It doesn't have to be about 'male anger'.

I scored 48 percent likely bc I answered "agree" to questions asking if I'd do something cool like ride a motorcycle...so what? I'm more of a psychopath because I'm not boring or lame/dorky enough? Should I give up listening to metal and take up gardening, cut off my testosterone supply, gain fat, lose muscle, look up tuna salad recipes, and bake cookies for the neighbors? Screw that. I scored high because I'm not boring enough (btw I'm not saying that those who scored lower are more boring than myself-this includes anyone who scored 30 percent or lower. This test is only 11 questions long and isn't comprehensive imo).

I scored 48% too. The test is lame and the questions are lame. In many of them the only correct answer is 'It depends'.

Also someone with a basic understanding of what 'psycopathy' is and an average intelligence can get easily whatever results they want.

I've had had some psychology courses in university and I know how to appear narcissistic in a test for example.

I think 23andme tests for narcissism, or at least they used to if my memory serves.

For anyone who has paid for the Ancient genome test on gene plaza you could use your 3.00 "coupon" for their narcissism test. I'm sure they're both using the same snps.

IM DEDICATING THIS TO JOVIALIS, YETOS, and if course MYSELF

Why were my lines of text glued together? Is there some sort of software glitch?

I think 23andme tests for narcissism, or at least they used to if my memory serves.For anyone who has paid for the Ancient genome test on gene plaza you could use your 3.00 "coupon" for their narcissism test. I'm sure they're both using the same snps.
Why would anyone even bother with these tests to begin with? It's better to be blissfully unaware of genetic predispositions to these things to begin with, unless there's sa "cure".

Hopefully we'll get to the bottom of Jesus Campo's disappearance moments shy of his scheduled interviews. More suspicious is his deleted social media accounts...

It's pretty clear he's trying to cover something up.

This thread has been viewed 29929 times.

Back