New Planck-Harvard Center for Study of Ancient Mediterranean

Thank you, but Germanic has Haplogroup I influence, we have no idea of which people were dominant and which created the words, the Is or the Rs. And this tree is of modern languages (with references to Proto languages) influenced heavily by Greek and Latin, if the Greek Language falls to the Mycenaeans and the Mycenaeans were Js and Js created Greek, Houston we have a major problem. How did the J1as invent a language that was Indo-European. That is why I claused it with ancient celtic and ancient slavic, not modern languages influenced by Greek and Latin and other possibly Caucasian languages. In the next 50 years, the release of ancient DNA, particularly Y-DNA, will help reveal who created these languages and civilizations. I hold out the possibility of the tree to be inaccurate. The tree may loose some branches, particularly Greek. And there was Js in India predating the Indo-Aryan invasion. Is Sanskrit and Greek related? If the Greek branch goes, Sanskrit may be determined to be a language older than the Indo-Aryans. The whole aryano-greco-armenic branch may fall.

If the Ancient Greek came up with the tree, it may look much different. Biases can be cast aside with finding of ancient DNA.

After the creation of the PIE language the first split off from it was in Anatolia ...........so If R was the creator, then R should have travelled to Anatolia in a major way

It could easily be the GIJK group that started it

After the creation of the PIE language the first split off from it was in Anatolia ...........so If R was the creator, then R should have travelled to Anatolia in a major way It could easily be the GIJK group that started it

Yes take for instance the word "barbarian".

The earliest attested form of the word is the Mycenaean Greek 𐀞𐀞𐀫, pa-pa-ro, written in Linear B syllabic script.

A word barbara- is also found in the Sanskrit of ancient India, with the primary meaning of "stammering" implying someone with an unfamiliar language.

source: wikipedia

The Romans and others picked up the word from the Greeks and is now used by English, Czech and many other "IE languages". A Greek word started by the Mycenaeans Greeks and used also by the Indians in Sanskrit for something very similar. If the Mycenaeans are found to be mainly EGIJ and not R1, why would they start speaking an IE language? Maciamo might add they may have picked it up in Anatolia. But if the branch also includes the Armenian language, that is pre-Anatolian migration. And it plots along the J2a route from the Caucasus. From the Caucasus to India and from the Caucasus to the Greece - the J2a migration. And if the Minoan language gets opened up with more texts and exposure... So it opens the door to the Greek language not being a IE language. And Sanskrit not a pure IE language, a multi-ethnic language that first J1a Caucasian, then evolved to include words from the invaders Warrior caste. The same true for Persian and Armenian. This would ruin the day of many white nationalists. But only based on factual information.

Roman is already found to be a multi-ethnic language, as Maciamo points out.

Unfortunately The video is no longer available at that link.

Luckily there's a re-upload:

Thanks for catching that, Jovialis.

Thanks so much for sharing. I watched most of the Lazaridis segment. His graphs and explanations are very clear.

BuPwuHP.png

Here's a really interesting slide from the lecture. A map of all of the ancient genomes collected in the world.

BuPwuHP.png

Here's a really interesting slide from the lecture. A map of all of the ancient genomes collected in the world.

Am I wrong or are there more genomes in Italy than have been published, especially in the center and south?

I wish I could find a better shot of the slide.

That would be exciting if they are in fact yet to be published samples of ancient DNA.

Yes, because now that I think about it, it could be modern dna as well, given the title.

Then there is my theory that the "IE languages" are in fact not from Indo-Europeans, but from Caucasians (GHIJK xK2). If IE languages are heavily related to ancient Celtic and Slavic languages, then I withdraw my theory.

not many believe that K2 is not caucasus...is this due to the karafet 2014 paper.......where she states SE Asia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_K2
i have no opinion on k2

Famine and Plague tend to be associated. Famine gets people moving, bringing with them their pathogens, which might otherwise have remained isolated within a resistant population.

This thread has been viewed 24678 times.

Back