Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 44 of 44

Thread: Metabolism (Hunter & Farmer Traits) Results - Insitome

  1. #26
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    5,490

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    (R1b-F1794) R-M269
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salento View Post
    It was a bit confusing.
    You may find this Interesting:
    https://youtu.be/LJ5iVKz-ojw
    That's a cool video Salento.

  2. #27
    Regular Member Salento's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-05-17
    Posts
    4,871

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Alcohol Tolerance - Hunters vs Farmers
    (results are Counterintuitive, I think)

    I have the Hunter version = High Tolerance
    I already knew that I can hold my liquor :) although I don't drink much, I never did.

    Farmers = Low Tolerance
    Hunters = High Tolerance


    ‘cause they were used to it, I would have thought that farmers should have been more tolerant to alcohol than Hunters (they say: NO)








  3. #28
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,235


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salento View Post
    Alcohol Tolerance - Hunters vs Farmers
    (results are Counterintuitive, I think)

    I have the Hunter version = High Tolerance
    I already knew that I can hold my liquor :) although I don't drink much, I never did.

    Farmers = Low Tolerance
    Hunters = High Tolerance


    ‘cause they were used to it, I would have thought that farmers should have been more tolerant to alcohol than Hunters (they say: NO)







    I guess by tolerance they just mean you can drink for longer before getting sick or experiencing alcohol poisoning, because it's metabolized quickly. The "farmer" version means you metabolize it more slowly. The "red" areas of the world are where the indigenous people have the highest rates of alcoholism.

    It's a pretty crude division, though, because there are major differences even within Europe.


    Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

  4. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    20-10-19
    Posts
    50


    Ethnic group
    Român
    Country: Romania



    Quote Originally Posted by Salento View Post
    Alcohol Tolerance - Hunters vs Farmers
    (results are Counterintuitive, I think) (...)

    For all the farmers who can put the hunters under the table! rs1042173 TT
    Cheers!

  5. #30
    Regular Member Salento's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-05-17
    Posts
    4,871

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by ntindeo View Post

    For all the farmers who can put the hunters under the table! rs1042173 TT
    Cheers!
    in a drinking game, Farmers don’t stand a chance against Hunters.

    ... as the results indicate, and as Angela :) explains

    ... Cent’ Anni, Salute!

  6. #31
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,235


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    1 members found this post helpful.
    A better chance of avoiding the plague of alcoholism and a longer life is the better deal, imo. It's better for the families too. Spousal and child abuse correlates with it, as does poverty.

    There's a reason so many women, in particular, were for Prohibition. It didn't work, of course. We've had it too long, and people were too accustomed to it, so criminals filled the breach.





    I particularly like this one. :)


  7. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    20-10-19
    Posts
    50


    Ethnic group
    Român
    Country: Romania



    Quote Originally Posted by Salento View Post
    in a drinking game, Farmers don’t stand a chance against Hunters.

    ... as the results indicate, and as Angela :) explains

    ... Cent’ Anni, Salute!
    Salute
    I'm not afraid. I seem to be mainly farmer with heavy drinker genes. Cent’ Anni!

  8. #33
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    18-03-17
    Posts
    671


    Ethnic group
    swiss,italian
    Country: Germany



    i wonder what side effects the farmer version has in a hunter environment. maybe smaller amounts of alcohol are still unhealthier for people without the hunter version. but the excess forced the selection of the farmer version.

  9. #34
    Regular Member Joey37's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-06-18
    Location
    Coventry, Rhode Island
    Posts
    458

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a-YP445
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c2b

    Ethnic group
    Celto-Germanic
    Country: USA - Rhode Island



    I am heterozygous, I have a copy of both.

  10. #35
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    18-03-17
    Posts
    671


    Ethnic group
    swiss,italian
    Country: Germany



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    I guess by tolerance they just mean you can drink for longer before getting sick or experiencing alcohol poisoning, because it's metabolized quickly. The "farmer" version means you metabolize it more slowly. T
    i think the farmer allele of the gene in question is metabolizing alcohol faster to more poisonous substrate. but the speed of the following steps to remove the more poisonous substance is unaffected so the concentration increases faster.

  11. #36
    Advisor bicicleur's Avatar
    Join Date
    27-01-13
    Location
    Zwevegem, Belgium
    Posts
    5,730


    Country: Belgium - Flanders



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    A better chance of avoiding the plague of alcoholism and a longer life is the better deal, imo. It's better for the families too. Spousal and child abuse correlates with it, as does poverty.

    There's a reason so many women, in particular, were for Prohibition. It didn't work, of course. We've had it too long, and people were too accustomed to it, so criminals filled the breach.





    I particularly like this one. :)

    none of these ladies look very happy

    I'd prefer the bottle over their company

  12. #37
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,235


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by bicicleur View Post
    none of these ladies look very happy

    I'd prefer the bottle over their company
    If your spouse was spending the whole paycheck on alcohol, leaving you and your children at risk of starvation and losing your homes, and when home and drunk would beat all of you, you might not be too happy either.

    Of course, there's also the obvious: these were drawings meant to depict anger.

  13. #38
    Advisor bicicleur's Avatar
    Join Date
    27-01-13
    Location
    Zwevegem, Belgium
    Posts
    5,730


    Country: Belgium - Flanders



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    If your spouse was spending the whole paycheck on alcohol, leaving you and your children at risk of starvation and losing your homes, and when home and drunk would beat all of you, you might not be too happy either.
    Ok, I have a drinking problem, but never that bad ..

  14. #39
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,235


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by bicicleur View Post
    Ok, I have a drinking problem, but never that bad ..
    Never knew that, Bicicleur, how would I, so there was nothing personal in my analysis. Apologies if it's a sore subject.

  15. #40
    Advisor bicicleur's Avatar
    Join Date
    27-01-13
    Location
    Zwevegem, Belgium
    Posts
    5,730


    Country: Belgium - Flanders



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Never knew that, Bicicleur, how would I, so there was nothing personal in my analysis. Apologies if it's a sore subject.
    just joking

  16. #41
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,235


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by bicicleur View Post
    just joking
    I'm glad; felt badly about that.

  17. #42
    Regular Member Salento's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-05-17
    Posts
    4,871

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Paleo Scale - Metabolism:
    older Hunter vs younger Farmer


  18. #43
    Regular Member Salento's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-05-17
    Posts
    4,871

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Low Alcohol Flush (Hunter)


  19. #44
    Regular Member Salento's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-05-17
    Posts
    4,871

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Alcohol Tolerance (Hunter) ... Huge Tolerance


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •