Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What on earth has happened to anthrogenica?

Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Ethnic group
    Italian

What on earth has happened to anthrogenica?

I honestly can't believe it. This is a site where Jean Manco posts, and some archaeologists. Do they only look at the ancient dna section, as I occasionally do, and have no idea what's going on elsewhere?

It's truly un-freaking-believable. Why don't they just change the name to theapricity 2 or forumbiodiversity 2?

See:
    http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthre...European/page3

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First Class1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Level
    Overall activity: 99.3%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

looks like a highly intellectual conversion...

I'm happy I decided to come to this site before any of those others.

Well, other than the 2 posts I made on forumbiodiversity a while ago. I was looking for a place to discuss my DNA test results. I didn't know about it's reputation.
    There can be no covenants between men and lions

Princess Achievements:
    Overdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteranThree Friends
    Level
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 502
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Ethnic group
    Italian,Irish,Jewish

It's not that bad, it's boring and ****** do flock there, but it's no storm front or apricity

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian

Well, it got too bad even for the new anthrogenica: they shut down the thread.

Next step should be to permanently ban "Tz85". If they can't recognize a "Sikeliot/Portuguese Princess/Clementina" sock or associate, like him or "Claudio", for example, by "voice" and constant insertion of his well known obsessions, than how can they keep a site respectable?

They're either living in la-la land or some of them are complicit and let it go until called on it.

Not that we don't get forays from these rejects here, but we try our best to rein them in, or, when they go too far, ban them.

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post

Next step should be to permanently ban "Tz85". If they can't recognize a "Sikeliot/Portuguese Princess/Clementina" sock or associate, like him or "Claudio", for example, by "voice" and constant insertion of his well known obsessions, than how can they keep a site respectable?

They're either living in la-la land or some of them are complicit and let it go until called on it.

Not that we don't get forays from these rejects here, but we try our best to rein them in, or, when they go too far, ban them.
    That's good that they finally closed it. Some people are really mentally disturbed it seems. Thankfully, this place can identify toxic elements in the community.

Princess Achievements:
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian,Irish,Jewish

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post

"Sikeliot/Portuguese Princess/Clementina/curiouscat
    "

Princess Achievements:
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian,Irish,Jewish

What's fascinating is how much time he devotes to posting gedmatch results of Sicilians or trying to sell everyone in on his theories without using any reputable source to back himself up, it's all through stealing gedmatch results from random people he's never met and posting them online. Does he ever tire of this?

Princess Achievements:
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian,Irish,Jewish

And you know a forum is going downhill when it starts getting members who panic about getting a small percentage of "non-white" such as Oceanian.

Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Overall activity: 0%

Are you all surprised? Americans have a fixation about race and "whiteness".

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian

4 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by twójstary View Post
    Where do you think they got it? The Americans who established slavery in the U.S. and then passed all those laws about one drop of "Negro" blood making you "Negro" were all people with ancestry from Britain or Spain or France or Holland. They didn't come from the moon!

The politicization and standardization of it, even for sub-types of Europeans, started with the British in the 19th century and was perfected by Germans, who made Slavs sub-humans who were next on the chopping block after they were done with Jews and gypsies. From what I read it is now a growing phenomenon particularly in Eastern Europe, yes? On another thread we're discussing South Africa and their insane gyrations as to how to determine "whiteness" and thus civil rights under apartheid.

It's not fair to lay this only at the door of Americans. Plus, people on sites like theapricity, who also used to post here, were Poles, Russians, Spaniards, Italian etc. It's a virus that knows no national boundaries.

Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

1 members found this post helpful.
    Not that much as Polish people, seeing themselves as guardians of white race and christian faith. To protect the perfect race and true faith. Not only it borders with racial fascism but it goes against Christ's teachings, what it means to be a christian. Extreme tribalism.
    Be wary of people who tend to glorify the past, underestimate the present, and demonize the future.

1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 8

American and Western European fixation about race comes from superiority complex, after all - extreme racism was born in Western Europe. As you may know, Poles were the subject of the said racism for many centuries. It's no wonder that they're xenophobic and want to preserve their country in the ethnic state it was meant to be. By being thrown under Germanisation and Rusification machine, Poles found comfort and preservation of their "Polishness" in Catholic faith and the church, which was largely involved in bringing Polack back from the dead.
    Poland didn't hold any significant colonies and wasn't part of the slavery deal. Blacks were used as slaves by West Europeans and Americans and it should be their burden to make it square to them. I don't like what you're doing here LeBrok, it seems like you hold some grudge towards the Poles. I would like to know when did Poles ever claim to be ultra-white Nordic Aryans getting rid of Slavic asiatic trash from the world to make living space for the true Western European masterrace? You know who did? The Germans.
    But I feel like that's an offtop, isn't it?

Princess Achievements:
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian,Irish,Jewish

^^
    Not to worry, LeBrok doesn't hold any grudge against any race or ethnicity, and he's Polish himself.

Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

4 members found this post helpful.
    American and Western European fixation about race comes from superiority complex, after all - extreme racism was born in Western Europe. As you may know, Poles were the subject of the said racism for many centuries. It's no wonder that they're xenophobic and want to preserve their country in the ethnic state it was meant to be. By being thrown under Germanisation and Rusification machine, Poles found comfort and preservation of their "Polishness" in Catholic faith and the church, which was largely involved in bringing Polack back from the dead.
    Poland didn't hold any significant colonies and wasn't part of the slavery deal. Blacks were used as slaves by West Europeans and Americans and it should be their burden to make it square to them. I don't like what you're doing here LeBrok, it seems like you hold some grudge towards the Poles. I would like to know when did Poles ever claim to be ultra-white Nordic Aryans getting rid of Slavic asiatic trash from the world to make living space for the true Western European masterrace? You know who did? The Germans.
    But I feel like that's an offtop, isn't it?
    I have a better perspective than many, living now in the West and growing up in Poland. I can unequivocally say, that there is bigger racism and phobia of the world, of the different races, cultures and religions in Poland, and in Eastern Europe in general, than in the West, US included.

Banned Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 156
    Overall activity: 32.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13

Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    I have a better perspective than many, living now in the West and growing up in Poland. I can unequivocally say, that there is bigger racism and phobia of the world, of the different races, cultures and religions in Poland, and in Eastern Europe in general, than in the West, US included.
    I've made a few friends from Poland during my summer vacations in Albania and I noticed that they paid attention to physical characteristics a lot. They continuously pointed out and asked me if I'm sure that the children playing on the beach or staying in our hotel and nearby residences were Albanian due to the very high amount of light eyes.

I had to reassure them that although some speak English, German, Italian, Greek, or Swedish, their parents are indeed Albanian. It was very strange for them.

As for Anthrogenica, I joined there recently to ask questions on genetics and I have to say that so far is the friendliest forum I've seen. Here there are many reputable posters but mostly inactive unfortunately.

Elite member Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassThree FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 504
    Overall activity: 31.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b DF27*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2b1

The problem with Anthrogencia isn't racism but the lack of variety like Angela said. All they care about now is ancient DNA. And anthrogencia isn't anything close to right wing or racist. If anything they're too PC and left wing.

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Haired14 View Post
    The problem with Anthrogencia isn't racism but the lack of variety like Angela said. All they care about now is ancient DNA. And anthrogencia isn't anything close to right wing or racist. If anything they're too PC and left wing.
    Don't misconstrue what she said, they are racist against italians; particularly from the south. At least some of the people in that thread are. That's the purpose of that thread, Its about people trying to assert their falsehood of superiority over others.

Edit: She said the people like Jean Manco are may only be looking at the ancient dna section of the forum, and perhaps do not notice threads of that nature. It was not about variety on the website. Tz85 is a ***** account.
    Last edited by Jovialis; 22-10-17 at 13:15.

VeteranThree Friends25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 37.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945..Jura
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a1 ..Pannoni

Ethnic group
    North Alpine Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Haired14 View Post
    is it not wonderful they have no religious rubbish to talk about
    and
    no discussion on who do I look like, which movie star etc
    có che un pòpoło no 'l defende pi ła só łéngua el xe prónto par èser s'ciavo

when a people no longer dares to defend its language it is ripe for slavery.

VeteranThree Friends25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 37.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945..Jura
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a1 ..Pannoni

Ethnic group
    North Alpine Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    Don't misconstrue what she said, they are racist against italians; particularly from the south. At least the people in that thread are. That's the purpose of this thread. Its about scumbag people trying to assert their falsehood of superiority over others.
    i never seen this "racist on italians" and I have been on the site for over 2 years.............there are a lot of Italians that post on the site, especially south italians
    I think you have an agenda and dreamt the whole thing up

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Sile View Post
    i never seen this "racist on italians" and I have been on the site for over 2 years.............there are a lot of Italians that post on the site, especially south italians
    I think you have an agenda and dreamt the whole thing up
    Maybe you should see the linked thread than. Are you kidding me?!

What do you think this thread was started for genius? To praise the thread and the site? Use your damn brain! Yes, I dreamt it up

Really, what's my agenda, pray tell?

Edit: Do you even know what that word means? Because I don't think you do:
    https://www.eupedia.com/forum/thread...l=1#post522011

"Nearly Everyone has an agenda" Yea, because it's totally not you
    Last edited by Jovialis; 22-10-17 at 16:09.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b DF27*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2b1

Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    Don't misconstrue what she said, they are racist against italians; particularly from the south. At least the people in that thread are.
    I read Anthrogencia a lot. I can't pinpoint any racism against Italians. I wouldn't doubt some of the posters who care more about classifying or race topics are.

Also, I don't see anything particularly wrong with that thread. It's a result of Anthrogencia is begging to attract less affluent people who are more interested in race stuff than hard core archaeology and genetics. And like I said there's nothing particularly wrong with it. It gets wrong when people get racist or when people (moderators at Anthrogencia) censor any discussion about race.

Racial discussions will usually come from the white American perspective in which everything non-NW European is exotic and even inferior. So, yeah that's a problem. But not all racial discussions are that way.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b DF27*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2b1

American and Western European fixation about race comes from superiority complex, after all - extreme racism was born in Western Europe.
    I would agree there is a Western European superiority complex ingrained in America. It's easy to imagine how it came about. After 1600, western Europeans dominated the world including America and were indeed in many ways "superior." Western European had always included Spain and Italy but they were later taken out of the category when Britain, America, and Germany became the biggest powers.

I think there's a lot of truth to America's concept of western culture, western Europe, and whiteness but there's some inaccuracies. Like I don't know how accurate the "Northwest European" genetic category is. Germanic speaking English, Germans, and Norse definitky have common ancestry. But the Swedes for example probably have as much in common with Poles as they do with Irish.

Poland didn't hold any significant colonies and wasn't part of the slavery deal. Blacks were used as slaves by West Europeans and Americans and it should be their burden to make it square to them.
    Before 1970 Poles would have taken this as an insult. Anyone with the power took part in the colonial and slavery game. You know Poland would have done it if they could.

I don't support colonialism or slavery. I'm a nice guy but it's a doggy dog world. Unless you want your country to be dirt, you have to miss treat people of other nations.

Also, while we should condemn past colonialism we shouldn't feel guilty because our countries did well. When I say condemn I mean it. We literally did replace Native Americans, we literally did put millions of Africans through hell.

Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 279
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1b2a1a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c1

Ethnic group
    Appalachian American

How many Americans do you know? I know tons, so I know that's false as a general statement goes. Aside from vocal SJW's at liberal arts college, it's not a topic of conversation or interest among most Americans.

Banned Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 156
    Overall activity: 32.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13

This may sound offensive, but isn't almost every genetics thread in Eupedia full of posters discussing history and fantasy origins and from what I've seen the ones who start the war are never banned and continue to be regular members. This is why me and definitely many other members are just surfing through Eupedia with the fear of getting infractions if you get involved in anything. This is definitely not helping Maciamo business-wise, despite having quite a reputable website which could definitely double or triple its viewings and clicks if the moderators were to be less tyrannical. Just my 2 cents by the way, although I do expect a ban after this lol

Veteran5000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class

Level
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 267
    Overall activity: 4.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-L2
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c5a

Ethnic group
    Swiss

Actually, i'm enjoying a lot of Anthrogenica users topics, a lot of knowledgeable people on it.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast