If you could go anywhere back In time what places would you visit?

I think, if i could go anywhere in time. I would love to see all world landscapes before the last sea level rise ( doggerland, japan connected with asia, sundaland, sahul, circum pontic... ). This is a little stupid i know, but this obsesses me a little.

Haha
Im a mythology fan, id love to find out why it took Odysseus 10 years to get home after troy.
Turkey to Greece you could swim in 48 hours ?
Unless it was Britain to spain, like iman wilkens has it,
and what in gods name was a cyclops or a medusa or a sea nymph lol

Well, I wouldn't want to live there or stay for any appreciable length of time, but I'd like to visit Classical Greece, ancient Rome, Renaissance Italy, Elizabethan England, Revolutionary War era America.

I think I would have to agree with halfalp. I think Doggerland and most probably other areas that disappeared at about the same time held many answers to our questions about where we came from.

Small French/Belgium towns:1950’s
Bloemfontein/Windhoek: 1960's

This is quite funny, but I would go back to the 90s in London for a month.
I would also like to be in the Roman era too and drink wine with them.

I'd go back to the I1-DF29 genesis about 2650 BC. We don't know much about that time and people. I'd also like to see some ancient human and Neanderthal interactions.

First Humans whatever time frame and place, EEFs in Neolithic Turkey, the R1b L151 tribe on the Chalcolithic Steppe, imperial Rome, Biblical Isreal.

I’m staying right here. It’s Our Time in History, make it a good one.
ps When you go bring with you food and water, Antibiotics, a Swiss Knife, a Pistol, Goggle Translate, and very important: Deodorant.
lol

I'd go back in time and kill Paris before he abducts Helen ...

Just kidding I don't care.

hmm

3 eras
3 places,

1 is Pakistan and Indus valley, with Alexander's march,
to see and feel what was going on, and stoped,
maybe Gedrosia, to see who poisoned him and why,

2 Is Napoleonic wars,
just to make them understand that human souls are not like toys to strategical formations of past,
and that tactics were just stupids, bringing unesessary casualties.

3 is the times just before 1821 in my land, mt Olympos and Makedonia
to find out what was happening and they could not reproduce literature, historians and scholars,
and were hidden in mountains.

Sorry to disappoint you guys,
but first I would just turn back few years to meet again my grand parents and other people that are not around.

If i still had a bit of time I would probably like to see the Pyramids of Egypt on their first day - more than the objects, the surprise in the eyes of people. Did they really believe that the Pharaon was a God?

I would go back to the 28th century BCE and visit:

1. Egypt to see how king Kufu build the pyramids
2. Crete to see whether King Minos was a real person
3. Uruk to join king Gilgamesh in his quest for immortality
4. Indus Valley and go swim in the 'Great Bath' at Mohenjo-Daro just for fun

WLMqGnv.jpg

the 3rd millennium BCE was a time where major civilizations started to flourish and prosper , It was also a time when kings , heroes and prophets had close relationships with 'the gods' so it would be interesting to see what that was all about.

Last edited:
The first time I really wanted to go back in time was the early days of Islam, I wanted to see Muhammad, to look him in the eye and see for my self if he was sincere in his belief that he recieved revalation from God, or was he just decieving his people.

I also thought of Jesus, was he real ? was someone even crucified ?

The first time I really wanted to go back in time was the early days of Islam, I wanted to see Muhammad, to look him in the eye and see for my self if he was sincere in his belief that he recieved revalation from God, or was he just decieving his people.
I also thought of Jesus, was he real ? was someone even crucified ?
Im with you on that. Besides Jovialis's idea ;) I wouldn't mind going back to the times when these miracles mentioned in religious texts happened. I'll be happy to go back to verify reports of UFO abductions as well, bc I'm one of those "did that really happen" types.

I think Jesus was a chill honest dude who saw the flaws of human nature and just like Buddha wanted to teach people the values of Altruism instead of following the ego , However there are many dangers of becoming altruistic and repressing your inner ego. You cannot find happiness without being selfish.

Which is why I believe the Ancient Greek philosophy of Hedonism was far more superior in terms of self-fulfilment.

I think Jesus was a chill honest dude who saw the flaws of human nature and just like Buddha wanted to teach people the values of Altruism instead of following the ego , However there are many dangers of becoming altruistic and repressing your inner ego. You cannot find happiness without being selfish.
You have to define selfish, though. For one selfishness is squandering 200 billion like Putin, or not paying millions in taxes like Trump, for others treating yourself to new cloths or buying a better car could trigger guilt. One can always find a cause to spend money and time for others, just not to be considered selfish.

Actually, I don't see how you can be truly happy if you're really selfish. Your senses might be satisfied, or your ego, but true happiness is for me very different. The times I've been happiest in my life had nothing to do with anything I accomplished or bought or anything like that. It's always been about being with someone I love or more important, seeing someone I deeply love really happy.

Just as one trivial example, what makes you happiest on Christmas morning: your presents, or the joy your children feel when they open their presents?

This thread has been viewed 22476 times.

Back