Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 113
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2-M205 > YP-13
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c10

Ethnic group
    Palestinian

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
    My dante labs sample just got posted on yfull Analysis still in progress

It's the first palestinian sample under YP-13 and currently labeled YP-13*

Regular Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registeredThree Friends
    Level
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 188
    Overall activity: 12.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2-M205*

Ethnic group
    Albanian

Quote Originally Posted by Arnguth View Post
    I suppose J2 arrived here through greek people during the byzantine period, is this right?

This was theory i made long ago and i gave up from it after realizing situation better and learning new finds. It was theory based mostly on TMRCA of one subclade (Y22066/Y22059 Balkan cluster). But as it turns out Y22066 has very early separation from its brother clades in Middle East and Mediterranean Europe, up to 5000 years. Therefore it is most likely expansion happened much earlier, perhaps in Bronze Age. It is typical situation for Balkan branches to have similar TMRCA so this is nothing out of ordinary and i made a mistake thinking that TMRCA of particular sublcade tells its arrival time.

There is no proof for any J2-M205 subclade that expanded in Byzantine period. There is South Italy sample which shares TMRCA with Yemen sample in isolated branch 2000 ybp, so perhaps it is Roman time expansion, but other then that most of subclades seem to expand much earlier since we can find J2-M205 along Mediterranean Sea in multiple subclades that separated one from another in timeframe of 5000 - 6000 ybp, so everything looks like Early Bronze Age expansion from direction of Middle East.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnguth View Post
    Is j2b1 connected to people like the Assyrian or Carthaginians or Hittites, and through them it arrived in Anatolia and Greece?
    No doubt about Phoenicians since Canaanite sample in ancient Sidon 1700 BCE was J2-M205. Also nearby Jordanian mountain sample 2500 - 2000 BCE was J2-M205.
    So far i consider it Proto-Semitic with its main expansion in Middle East, TMRCA 5700 ybp.

There is hope for Akkadians and Sumerians, lets see in future : ) But even the ancient Jordanian M205 sample goes strait into early Akkadian period.

It would be helpful if you would do WGS test and upload to Yfull tree. There is at least 4 different M205 branches in Italy. Even my Balkan subclade is identified in parts of Northern Italy. After WGS test we will have better idea about your specific branch, but no matter the subclade there is no doubt that you share same ancestor with all M205 samples in timeframe of 5700 ybp.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2-M205*

Ethnic group
    Albanian

Quote Originally Posted by dnainte View Post
    My dante labs sample just got posted on yfull Analysis still in progress

It's the first palestinian sample under YP-13 and currently labeled YP-13*
    Very good. As it looks there is high diversity of J2-M205 among Palestinians, and so far all of them belong to CTS1969.
    CTS1969 is typical for Middle East and Europe.

Your specific branch M205>YP13* looks like Phoenician line that expanded from territory of Middle East to Sardinia and all the way to England where your Yfull relatives are. TMRCA 5700 years.
    Last edited by Dema; 21-09-19 at 15:56.

Junior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 113
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2-M205 > YP-13
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c10

Ethnic group
    Palestinian

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Thank you Dema for all the info I've been lurking for a while and following all discussions even the heated Albanian ones

My ancestors are olive farmers and very close to the coast so the Sardinian and English relatives make sense, as you mentioned.

For what it's worth and this is only oral info, 500 years ago the other half of my ancestors' tribe were residing in northern Hijaz.

In any case, I'm looking forward for what the coming days and 2020 will unveil

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2-M205*

Ethnic group
    Albanian

Very interestingly we got few new samples on Yfull, like Egypt, Iraq, Saudi. I will wait for another Albanian sample and then give another full analysis of all branches.
    It would be good if Greece and Cyprus would do WGS tests and upload on Yfull, so we can get more complete picture.

Also our French sample sadly didnt upload to Yfull after doing WGS test, which would be very helpful.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314