Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
Results 351 to 375 of 398

Thread: J2b1-M205 introduced to Eupedia

  1. #351
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Dibran's Avatar
    Join Date
    25-09-16
    Posts
    815
    Points
    13,185
    Level
    34
    Points: 13,185, Level: 34
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 165
    Overall activity: 13.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a-L1029*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H11a2*-146+

    Ethnic group
    Albanian/Gheg/Dibran/Okshtun
    Country: United States



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelmendasi View Post
    Based on current data, the J1 clades found in Albanians seem to have primarily arrived between the Late Bronze Age and Byzantine Period. So you are correct. Majority fall under P58 which is a major clade under J1. The clades under P58 include Z1884 (Z1884>L829 and Z1884>FGC11) and Y3081 (ZS241). Both of these clusters are best associated with the Central Semitic branch of Semitic, this branch is comprised of the NW branch (Canaanite and Aramaic), Arabic and some extinct languages such as Amorite. Y3081 itself is best linked to Canaanite, especially Jews or Hebrew speakers. Z1884 has branches which can be linked to the Arabs (FGC11+) as well as branches that can be linked to the Phoenicians (L829+). Should be noted that FGC11 was found in a Bronze Age sample from Sidon, Lebanon, so it is Pre-Arabic. The Albanian L829 seems pretty unique and possibly arrived during the Late Bronze Age, my Y3081 is also pretty unique but I think it's most likely that it arrived after the Iron Age (Probably Roman or Hellenistic period).

    There is a clade that likely arrived during the Neolithic or earlier, this clade is J-Y19093 which is a CHG branch and comes from Y6305 which was found in Paleolithic Georgia. In Albanians so far it seems to be most common in Albanians from Malesi (Montenegro side). There are also clades under L620 and Z1828 which may have arrived during the Bronze Age or a little later.
    Thank you. That says a lot. Seems to have been very active in our neck of the woods for a very long time.

  2. #352
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    09-01-17
    Posts
    190
    Points
    2,851
    Level
    15
    Points: 2,851, Level: 15
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Overall activity: 14.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J1-P58
    MtDNA haplogroup
    T1a1l

    Ethnic group
    Gheg Albanian-Kelmendi clan(Joined) but with supposed origin from Montenegro
    Country: United Kingdom



    Quote Originally Posted by Dema View Post
    Np, i am very interested about J1 also. As its clear J1 and J2-M205 lived side by side since at least 2000 BCE since they were together found in Sidon. Also its possible they expanded together.

    Sadly i have not explored J1 too much.


    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Eupedia Forum mobile app
    I think both had something to do with the expansion and ethnos of Semitic speakers. J2-M205 can be compared to J1-P58 as both have TMRCA ~8,400 years ago. J-Z2324 was also found alongside J-M205 in Early Bronze Age Jordan (Ain Ghazal), both were also found in Pre-Ptolemaic Egypt.
    Ydna: J-ZS241

    mtDNA: T1a1l

    Maternal Ydna: E-V13>CTS5856*

  3. #353
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registeredThree Friends
    Dema's Avatar
    Join Date
    20-10-17
    Posts
    420
    Points
    4,026
    Level
    18
    Points: 4,026, Level: 18
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 224
    Overall activity: 32.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2-M205*

    Ethnic group
    Albanian
    Country: Albania



    1 members found this post helpful.
    You are turning this into a needless argument. There is no need to compare J2-M205 and J2-L283 in such a matter.
    It was other guy if you read better who started to compare it and he got all the things wrong. In this post : https://www.eupedia.com/forum/thread...l=1#post588022

    Now you are just continuing to do the same. J2-L283 might have played this or that role, but for sure its not more diverse then J2-M205. Not that it means something, but simply it is how it is.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dibran View Post
    Look, there’s no need to turn this into a needless argument. I didn’t put words into your mouth. You literally said 95 percent of Albanian J2b-L283 is all PH1751 and that your lineage is more diverse than L283 in Albanians. There’s a big difference between 95 percent and 48 percent.
    As i already said it was mistake since i spoken out of the head, i looked at J2-L283 situation long ago while there was maybe 100 or 150 Albanian samples, i am sure that PH1751 had way higher percentage in the past.
    Now recently many people tested and there is over 800 samples and situation changed.

    I admitted mistake and what now, you dont have to repeat it as a parrot. Other guy pulled out L283 saying that it has higher percentage therefore M205 is "foreign" and "recent".
    It was a try to teach him that percentage is not important as you can see that half of that L283 expanded in last 1200 years.
    Also that J2-M205 does not reach high percentage anywhere in the world, common is 0-1 %, therefore if we go by that logic M205 is foreign and recent in entire world.

    Also he pulled out just as you that J2-L283 is more diverse in Albania then J2-M205, which is false again. J2-M205 has higher TMRCA therefore higher diversity in Albania.

    What he (and you) didnt understand is that neither diversity and neither percentage have priority when trying to find origin, but rather ancient DNA.
    Ancient DNA has priority and we can conclude that J2-L283 was present since at least 1600 BCE in Dalmatia as ancient DNA shows us. While J2-M205 was not yet found, but it was found in Middle East.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dibran View Post
    L283 has 5-6 main clusters(dominated by PH1751) with plenty of other small sub-clusters. It is very diverse in Albanians.
    Yes i know, i tested few of Albanians who turned out various branches of J2-L283. Also i analyzed their results just as i did yours and discussed them with you if you remember.
    My uncle line (which i also tested), is PH1751.

    Albanian TMRCA of L283 is 4400 years in multiple subclades discovered so far.

    I know way more and before you about Albanian J2-L283 even tho you corrected me about one mistake lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dibran View Post
    now you’re claiming the TMRCA of your lineage some how makes your lineage more diverse and somehow more pivotal to the progenitors of Albanians?
    I never said this, lol, you are putting words into my mouth again. Why are you angry and why are writing these stuff Dibran?
    I understand that you realised and corrected me about PH1751 percentage, which i admitted and thanked you. But the rest of argument is like you trying to invent things i never said or claimed and then argue with me about them.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dibran View Post
    your line compared to L283 plays a lesser role and lesser diversity in Albanians.
    J2-M205 has high diversity and important impact on entire Mediterranean Sea since at least 2000 BCE which is confirmed thru ancient DNA and diversity. And probably since 6000 BCE by TMRCA.
    Albanians are Mediterranean population, therefore i dont see what is not clear there?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dibran View Post
    Your line may have entered very early. No question. This doesn’t make it the main lineage responsible for albanian ethnogenesis nor does its age have anything to do with our ethnogenesis.

    I’m not forcing anything. I’m stating the plain facts. Doesn’t matter how old your line is or even if it was there before illyrians. It is not more diverse than J2b-L283 where it concerns Albanians and their ethnogenesis.
    Who even mentioned albanian ethnogenesis or anything. Are you drunk?

    J2-M205 is more diverse then J2-L283 among Albanians. Because Albanians within J2-M205 have TMRCA 8300 years, while Albanians within J2-L283 have TMRCA 4400 years.

    But nevertheless, Albanian language was brought by probably Indo-Europeans where J2-L283 was part of them, while J2-M205 spread with Semitic speaking populations like Phoenicians for example as ancient DNA testifies therefore its clear that regarding language J2-L283 played important role. But, still, J2-M205 is more diverse among Albanians. I hope you do understand this. And no one except you ever tried to compare who played more role in which period. That is childish way of thinking.

  4. #354
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Dibran's Avatar
    Join Date
    25-09-16
    Posts
    815
    Points
    13,185
    Level
    34
    Points: 13,185, Level: 34
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 165
    Overall activity: 13.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a-L1029*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H11a2*-146+

    Ethnic group
    Albanian/Gheg/Dibran/Okshtun
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Dema View Post
    You are turning this into a needless argument. There is no need to compare J2-M205 and J2-L283 in such a matter.
    It was other guy if you read better who started to compare it and he got all the things wrong. In this post : https://www.eupedia.com/forum/thread...l=1#post588022

    Now you are just continuing to do the same. J2-L283 might have played this or that role, but for sure its not more diverse then J2-M205. Not that it means something, but simply it is how it is.




    As i already said it was mistake since i spoken out of the head, i looked at J2-L283 situation long ago while there was maybe 100 or 150 Albanian samples, i am sure that PH1751 had way higher percentage in the past.
    Now recently many people tested and there is over 800 samples and situation changed.

    I admitted mistake and what now, you dont have to repeat it as a parrot. Other guy pulled out L283 saying that it has higher percentage therefore M205 is "foreign" and "recent".
    It was a try to teach him that percentage is not important as you can see that half of that L283 expanded in last 1200 years.
    Also that J2-M205 does not reach high percentage anywhere in the world, common is 0-1 %, therefore if we go by that logic M205 is foreign and recent in entire world.

    Also he pulled out just as you that J2-L283 is more diverse in Albania then J2-M205, which is false again. J2-M205 has higher TMRCA therefore higher diversity in Albania.

    What he (and you) didnt understand is that neither diversity and neither percentage have priority when trying to find origin, but rather ancient DNA.
    Ancient DNA has priority and we can conclude that J2-L283 was present since at least 1600 BCE in Dalmatia as ancient DNA shows us. While J2-M205 was not yet found, but it was found in Middle East.



    Yes i know, i tested few of Albanians who turned out various branches of J2-L283. Also i analyzed their results just as i did yours and discussed them with you if you remember.
    My uncle line (which i also tested), is PH1751.

    Albanian TMRCA of L283 is 4400 years in multiple subclades discovered so far.

    I know way more and before you about Albanian J2-L283 even tho you corrected me about one mistake lol.



    I never said this, lol, you are putting words into my mouth again. Why are you angry and why are writing these stuff Dibran?
    I understand that you realised and corrected me about PH1751 percentage, which i admitted and thanked you. But the rest of argument is like you trying to invent things i never said or claimed and then argue with me about them.




    J2-M205 has high diversity and important impact on entire Mediterranean Sea since at least 2000 BCE which is confirmed thru ancient DNA and diversity. And probably since 6000 BCE by TMRCA.
    Albanians are Mediterranean population, therefore i dont see what is not clear there?



    Who even mentioned albanian ethnogenesis or anything. Are you drunk?

    J2-M205 is more diverse then J2-L283 among Albanians. Because Albanians within J2-M205 have TMRCA 8300 years, while Albanians within J2-L283 have TMRCA 4400 years.

    But nevertheless, Albanian language was brought by probably Indo-Europeans where J2-L283 was part of them, while J2-M205 spread with Semitic speaking populations like Phoenicians for example as ancient DNA testifies therefore its clear that regarding language J2-L283 played important role. But, still, J2-M205 is more diverse among Albanians. I hope you do understand this. And no one except you ever tried to compare who played more role in which period. That is childish way of thinking.
    You're jumping into different subjects detracting from my simple straight forward point that you claimed all L283 is 95 percent PH1751(where you claimed I put words in your mouth for correcting you) and that there are more diverse clades and branches of M205 in Albanians than L283. That is utter hogwash. Its age is older sure, but that doesn't qualify as diversity. Many distantly related brother clades of varying ages and branches is what constitutes diversity over all. L283 is more diverse in Albanians. M205 being older in Albanians does not mean it is more diverse. That isn't what the current data we have shows.

    The age has nothing to do with it. Using your logic, if TMRCA is the sole determination for diversity, the haplogroups that have highest TMRCA's among Albanians are J1 and J2a.

    You probably meant to say your line is more diverse in the Mediterranean than J-L283. That would be true. This is not however the same as the statement that M205 is more diverse within the Albanians than L283 is. Is this beginning to sink in?

    I brought up Albanian ethnogenesis because YOU are claiming your lineage is more diverse in Albanians than L283. 8300 years ago there were no Albanians, so why even refer to the broad TMRCA of your branch being older in Albanians? What does it have to do with Albanians when the ancient ancestors of Albanian M205 likely spoke Phoenician?

    M205 does not have more subclades, sub-clusters in Albanians than L283 at the moment. Show the proof. I only see 6 Albanians with 3 clusters, none of which are fleshed out yet beside your clade(since you did bigy). Unless you have some other database with numerous Albanians and clades of M205 that all differ?

    Show the proof instead of creating strawman arguments and claiming I put words in your mouth when I literally called you out on your false statements on L283 not being diverse.

    Point remains, L283 has a diversity of clades, and sub-clades in Albanians, regardless of the macro branch M205 being older. Where is this in M205? This is all I see in the project. 4 clusters against 6 if not more within L283.


    J2b-M205 General TMRCA 8300(not bigY tested)

    J2b-M205 Cluster A(not bigy tested)

    J2b-Y22063(formed 1000ybp, TMRCA 800ybp)

    Also, after the latest YTree update, there may actually be a glitch in J-M205 TMRCA since it went from 5700 to 8300 ybp. If you click "info" next to J-CTS1969 TMRCA, one of its main branches, you will see a couple of samples on the bottom have unusually high TMRCA, hence I think this glitch 'artificially' rises the whole M205 TMRCA: https://www.yfull.com/tree/J-M205/

    Same way in my case the Sardinian L1029 is glitching by supposedly sharing over 140 SNPs with other L1029 which is simply not true.

    Also, in regards to your own cluster, J-Y22059, it's closest matches are in the Levant at ~4900 ybp. Since it's TMRCA is quite low, I think odds are it only arrived here sometime between 3000 to 1000 years ago, perhaps during the Roman - Byzantine period. Also, I think the other J-M205 lineages in the South Albanians likely arrived through different migrations, perhaps Phoenicians/Romans and such, and are definitely not older than the Bronze Age.

    So even if for arguments sake your line is "older" in Albanians than L283, it is certainly not more diverse.

    Btw, don't you dare try and insult me and call me drunk, and childish. You're making baseless assumptions and over analyzing my statements and twisting them to appear a victim. The evidence is stacked against you. L283 is more diverse in Albanians than M205. The end and goodbye.
    Last edited by Dibran; 21-10-19 at 21:21.

  5. #355
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registeredThree Friends
    Dema's Avatar
    Join Date
    20-10-17
    Posts
    420
    Points
    4,026
    Level
    18
    Points: 4,026, Level: 18
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 224
    Overall activity: 32.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2-M205*

    Ethnic group
    Albanian
    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by Dibran View Post
    You're jumping into different subjects detracting from my simple straight forward point that you claimed all L283 is 95 percent PH1751(where you claimed I put words in your mouth for correcting you) and that there are more diverse clades and branches of M205 in Albanians than L283. That is utter hogwash. Its age is older sure, but that doesn't qualify as diversity.
    Dibran you are repeating that like a parrot again.. You said this like 4 times now that i said that over 95 % of Albanian L283 is PH1751, and i explained you like 4 times why i said it.
    Nevertheless, majority of Albanian L283 is PH1751. With TMRCA 1200 years. While all Albanian L283 subclades together form TMRCA of 4400 ybp.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dibran View Post
    Many distantly related brother clades of varying ages and branches is what constitutes diversity over all. L283 is more diverse in Albanians. M205 being older in Albanians does not mean it is more diverse. That isn't what the current data we have shows.
    You cant look at clade that achieves up to 25 % in some population, and compare it with clade that achieves 0,5 % and say look the one with 25 % has more subclades identified among modern people so it means its more diverse.

    J2-L283 is very diverse within Albanians, in multiple subclades, achieving TMRCA 4400 years. However, J2-M205 also has very high diversity, in multiple subclades, achieving TMRCA 8300 ybp.

    So, even tho J2-L283 is very diverse. J2-M205 is very diverse within Mediterranean Sea, but also among Albanians so far in 4 subclades (TMRCA minimum 8300 ybp).

    Quote Originally Posted by Dibran View Post
    The age has nothing to do with it. I already told you your line was probably in the Balkans before Indo-Europeans arrived. Show me where I said your line was a recent arrival. You can't because I never once said that. Now YOU are putting words in my mouth. All I said is its not more diverse than L283 in Albanians.
    Its more diverse lol. All Albanians under J2b-L283 have TMRCA 4400 ybp. While all Albanians under J2-M205 have TMRCA 8300 ybp.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dibran View Post
    You probably meant to say your line is more diverse in the Mediterranean than J-L283. That would be true. This is not however the same as the statement that M205 is more diverse within the Albanians than L283 is. Is this beginning to sink in?
    J2-M205 shows extreme diversity and low percentage among Albanians, so far i know for 12 samples from North to South in 4 different subclades (TMRCA 8300 years).
    In compare to neighbouring countries with 0 % of J2-M205 like Slovenia, 1 % of J2-M205 in four different sublcades is extreme.



    Quote Originally Posted by Dibran View Post
    Where is this in M205? This is all I see in the project.

    J2b-M205 General TMRCA 8300(not bigY tested)

    J2b-M205 Cluster A(not bigy tested)

    J2b-Y22063(formed 1000ybp, TMRCA 800ybp)


    Both "General" and "Cluster A" clades are tested M205+ PF7321+ and CTS1969- SNPs in YSEQ.
    While Y22063 as seen is CTS1969+. Since CTS1969 is 8300 years old (at the moment according to Yfull), you can already see that TMRCA of these three Albanian subclades is 8300 years.

    Cluster A did WGS in Dantelabs and it will soon appear in Yfull, while "General" cluster has different STR values and might be brother clade to CTS1969 and "Cluster A". It would be nice if this sample would also do bigY.

    And there is fourth branch identified in public study among Tirana Albanians but we didn't manage to get any of these in project yet. It might be Dema family from Zall Baster near Tirana that tested J2-M205 in 23andme or perhaps some other family.

  6. #356
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registeredThree Friends
    Dema's Avatar
    Join Date
    20-10-17
    Posts
    420
    Points
    4,026
    Level
    18
    Points: 4,026, Level: 18
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 224
    Overall activity: 32.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2-M205*

    Ethnic group
    Albanian
    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by Dibran View Post

    Also, after the latest YTree update, there may actually be a glitch in J-M205 TMRCA since it went from 5700 to 8300 ybp. If you click "info" next to J-CTS1969 TMRCA, one of its main branches, you will see a couple of samples on the bottom have unusually high TMRCA, hence I think this glitch 'artificially' rises the whole M205 TMRCA: https://www.yfull.com/tree/J-M205/
    Yes i know, its Palestine Jenin and Saudi Makkah samples, while some samples are not calculated at all or are under analysis.
    I already mentioned this few pages back. There is chance that this is a glitch due to new version but we will see soon.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dibran View Post
    Same way in my case the Sardinian L1029 is glitching by supposedly sharing over 140 SNPs with other L1029 which is simply not true.

    Where do you see this Sardinian that shares over 140 SNPs with other L1029? I see Cagliari Sardinian but looks like his TMRCA is not yet calculated.

    Do you mean sample with ID ERS256947 ? I see he is not yet calculated into TMRCA, where you got that he shares 140 SNPs with other L1029?

  7. #357
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registeredThree Friends
    Dema's Avatar
    Join Date
    20-10-17
    Posts
    420
    Points
    4,026
    Level
    18
    Points: 4,026, Level: 18
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 224
    Overall activity: 32.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2-M205*

    Ethnic group
    Albanian
    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by hrvat22 View Post
    Where is source of that branch and where is the proof (which mutation)?

    In Croatia exist that branch (Balkan cluster) and based on that I make conclusion.

    We don’t know it yet because we don’t know migration of Y22059 peoples in that area(Bulgaria, Serbia, Albania etc)

    For now we have no evidence for that, if you have evidence show genetic data.
    In Croatia, its mostly Serbs, from "Krajina" to Dalmatia. However there are also original Croats.
    I seen recently on Serbian DNA forum that they are claiming for Croat samples that they are actually Serbs in origin.
    Which is funny to me, they were neither Serbs neither Croats. They are all of Pred-Slavic Montenegrin origin, and we all know what that is.

    Source of mutation Y22066/Y22059 is Y22075, as i already told you: https://www.yfull.com/tree/J-Y22075/

    Quote Originally Posted by hrvat22 View Post
    If Albanians have 4 branches then these mutations must also exist in the Croatian Serbs, where they are?
    It is logical that this branch exist and migrate in that area( Bulgaria, Romania, Serbia or Croatia) if this branch only exist in that area.
    However, once when we find out migration path of that branch then we will know more precisely.
    No, its not like that. There are bottlenecks happening all the time, so if we identify one branch within one territory or nation, it does not mean it has to be in nearby population also.
    We have plenty of examples like this. You need to explore many various branches to realise this.

    Quote Originally Posted by hrvat22 View Post
    In Bulgaria exist many branches of J2 haplotype so maybe source of this branch is there.
    J2 is not that significant in Bulgaria. Also J2-M205 dont have any varieties in Bulgaria. Its only few samples and they all belong to J2-M205>Y22059 (Balkan cluster).
    All of them but one sample have DYS385 15-19, so no percentage neither diversity even in this one sublcade.
    In region of Southwest Serbia and Montenegro also in Croatian Krajina/Dalmatia there is way higher percentage and variations then in Bulgaria/Romania.

    Source of Bulgarian M205 samples is Montenegro within the last 1000 years as TMRCA testifies.



    Quote Originally Posted by hrvat22 View Post
    No one has Albanian origin they have Vlachs origin, Albanians are not mentioned in Croatia at least not in large numbers. Whether these Vlachs were originally Albanian origin probable they are but not all, there are also migrations from Bulgaria, possibly other countries. Genetics will say that in the future.

    Well they are slavicized and live in Croatia and Bosnia for 600 years now. Its natural they have high percentage of also classic Slavic haplogroups. However what differentiate them from Croats, Bosnjaks or Slovens is extremely high percentage of E-v13 and J2-M205. Their E-v13 in some subclades matches Albanians like subclade i linked earlier, while all of their J2-M205 is Y22066 which is of Pred-Slavic Montenegrin origin so also possibly Albanian origin.
    Im saying that its Albanian because 12 century tribe that belong to it was none-Slavic tribe native to Montenegro. If we identified tribe in Greece i would claim Greek origin or if we identified in Italy i would clame Roman but since tribe is identified in Pred-Slavic Montenegro population which was considered native i dont see what it could be except Albanian lol.



    Quote Originally Posted by hrvat22 View Post
    Therefore you have no proof that branch Y22059 has its source in Albania.
    The fact that this branch exists in Albania does not mean that it could not have come from Bulgaria to Albania. Vlachs probably came from area of Bulgaria as well, otherwise in southern Serbia Bulgarians are also mentioned, they probably brought and some genetics.
    I have proof that Y22059 was present among 12 century none-Slavic Montenegrin tribe that everyone recorded as natives.
    Furthermore Y22059 has TMRCA 1000 years. It means that its main expansion happened within 1000 years somewhere in Montenegro and surrounding areas since only 100 years after its MRCA lived we have records of tribe that belonged to this haplogroup.

    Regarding Vlachs i already told you about Bosch et al 2006 (major Aromun study), no Vlach or Aromun bears J2-M205 except one Vlach in Albania whos closest relatives are Albanian in Albania, Italian in Sicily and Greek in Greece. No Vlach relatives or connection whatsoever.


    Quote Originally Posted by hrvat22 View Post
    Probably yes but for now branch Y22059 points more to the Bulgarian direction of migration.

    What points to Bulgaria lol ? based on what? On 6 samples out of 800 in Bulgarian project, while this 6 samples all belong to one Montenegrin branch and they have no variations but very similar STRs.
    They are all recent emigrants from Montenegro. Other then that J2-M205 is none-existent in Bulgaria neither has any connection to Turkic languages al Bulgar neither Slavic as modern Bulgarian.


    Quote Originally Posted by hrvat22 View Post
    They did not come to defend against Ottoman Empire, they come with Turks.
    They actually arrived to defend against Ottomans, read here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republ...ina#Background


    Quote Originally Posted by hrvat22 View Post
    Written records mention Vlachs, and originally they may be Albanians, Bulgarians etc, we will know this more accurately in the future, but for sure they are mostly original Albanians.
    I dont know yet for matches among Vlachs even tho its possible it needs to be verified, but matches among Albanians can be found.


    Quote Originally Posted by hrvat22 View Post
    First prove by written documents that someone migrates from Montenegro to Bulgaria, when you do it then I will answer.
    I dont need document, highest diversity of Y22059 is in area of Montenegro and wider, TMRCA of this sublcade is 1000 years.
    Also its identified within 12 century Montenegrin tribe. Facts speak for itself. Bulgarian samples are South Serbia, Montenegrin or Kosovo emigrants.


    Quote Originally Posted by hrvat22 View Post
    I'm interested in younger mutations this is old connection (formed 5700 ybp, TMRCA 4900 ybp)

    We are talking about migration in the Turkish era.
    There is no younger mutation neither connection. Closest link is multiethnic from Middle East to Mediterranean Europe with difference 4900 years.

    If Y22059 was recent migration we would find closer links or it would be downstream of Middle Eastern subclades but fact is that Y22059 is strait equal brother clade to subclades spread in Middle East and Mediterranean Sea in timeframe of 4900 ybp.



    Quote Originally Posted by hrvat22 View Post
    For now there is an older mutation in Serbia and Bosnia (TMRCA), so for now it would be reverse direction of migration. That's why i say we still have to wait.
    It all belongs to 12 century Montenegrin tribe with TMRCA 1000 years. MRCA of Y22059 was none-Slavic Montenegrin.
    Last edited by Dema; 27-10-19 at 16:41.

  8. #358
    Regular Member Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

    Join Date
    19-05-19
    Posts
    72
    Points
    523
    Level
    5
    Points: 523, Level: 5
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 4.0%


    Country: Albania



    Only 6 out of 839 albanians (less than 1%) so far have j2b m205 and most of it is found in the south

    "According to Serbian DNA project, haplogroup J2b1 - M205 is represented with 5,86% (July, 2014.), or 31/529 tested persons"

    It is definitely NOT albanian in origin, no idea what this guy is talking about. It is likely from ottoman conquest

  9. #359
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registeredThree Friends
    Dema's Avatar
    Join Date
    20-10-17
    Posts
    420
    Points
    4,026
    Level
    18
    Points: 4,026, Level: 18
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 224
    Overall activity: 32.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2-M205*

    Ethnic group
    Albanian
    Country: Albania



    You are very new to this, i am fully tested 111 STRs, Big-Y, Yfull upload, autosomal. While you are not yet tested at all and you are exploring this for 3 days and now you think you can go around Eupedia and teach people about their results.. I seen your level of typing you are not even serious but still i will reply to you. You must be some bored kid?


    Quote Originally Posted by ShpataEMadhe View Post
    Only 6 out of 839 albanians (less than 1%) so far have j2b m205 and most of it is found in the south
    That is only 6 that are in project. But i have record of about 14 of them all together including public studies, 23andme, etc..
    When i tested i was for quite some time the only J2-M205 Albanian, but after checking public studies i found more of them and also later we got them in project.

    I was practically attacked by Serbs that J2-M205 does not exist in Albanians neither in public studies. While in fact i found J2-M205 among Albanians in public studies and we got them in project now.

    1 percent in multiple subclades among Albanians is decent percentage for this haplogroup. It peaks in Cyprus with 6 % and then Balkans, but also possibly Oman and Yemen. According to main J2 admin, its main expansion happened in Middle East, more specific Fertile Crescent in time of 4000 - 3000 BCE going by Yfull age estimation.



    Quote Originally Posted by ShpataEMadhe View Post
    "According to Serbian DNA project, haplogroup J2b1 - M205 is represented with 5,86% (July, 2014.), or 31/529 tested persons"
    It all belongs to one branch J2-M205>Y22059. Which is connected with Pre-Slavic 12 century Montenegrin tribe Kriçi - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kri%C4%8Di
    Also its found in North Albania in Lohja tribe, and in Kosovo (myself). Serb samples are first slavicized and later serbicized. Also majority of Serb samples are from Croatia and Bosnia, from place where they are known to arrive there in 16 century from South Serbia and Montenegro. Thru history they never declared themselves Serbs but Vlachs, its obvious that they were some kind of slavicized locals. Probably Albanians or very similar to Albanians (100 % Southeast autosomally)

    They dont only have high J2-M205, but also high (in compare to neighbours) E-v13 which in some subclades matches Albanians. But also in some degree J2-L283, R1b, J1, and so on..

    In Montenegro there is 30 % of E-v13, way higher then in other South Slavic countries and up to 10x higher then in Slovenia. Therefore as we already knew this, we are dealing with Albanians here. J2-M205 among Serbs is result of slavicization of Montenegrin population, where vast majority of Albanian haplogroups were also slavicized and not only specific branch J2-M205>Y22059 that we are talking about here.

    Quote Originally Posted by ShpataEMadhe View Post
    It is definitely NOT albanian in origin, no idea what this guy is talking about. It is likely from ottoman conquest

    You are like robot with freshly installed program, you dont even understand what i was saying.

    I was speaking about Kriçi tribe, not about haplogroup. I said that Kriçi tribe since it was Pre-Slavic Montenegrin tribe it could be Albanian language they spoken. J2-M205 Is Middle Eastern and Mediterranean, while J2-M205>Y22059 subbranch is native Montenegrin with possibly Phoenician origin or later Roman period migration. But everything so far points more towards early Phoenician period.


    J2-M205 is way older then Ottoman period, even Y22059 branch is connected to two tribes that have records prior to Ottomans so your theory immediately goes down.
    One tribe is early Pre-Slavic Montenegrin tribe, and another is Albanian Northern tribe.



    Also autosomally, in FTDNA calculator, even tho Serbs usually have way higher East component (Ukraine - Russia), in 4 Serb Y22059 samples as i can see on BigY Block Tree, Southeast (Albania Greece Italy) component prevails.

    So not that only their paternal line J-Y22059 is most likely Albanian in origin, also their autosomal genetics is in most part made of Albanian autosomal components.

    Furthermore i recently seen on Poreklo, they posted autosomal test of J2-M205>Y22059 Bulgar. Guy scores incredible 100 % Southeast Europe. Which even tho i seen many tests from many Balkan populations, 100 % Southeast can be usually seen only among Albanians.

    So J2-M205>Y22059 branch is probably Phoenician expansion thru Greeks and Illyrians into Albanians and later thru slavicization into Montenegrins and then Serbs.
    Last edited by Dema; 08-11-19 at 12:21.

  10. #360
    Regular Member Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

    Join Date
    19-05-19
    Posts
    72
    Points
    523
    Level
    5
    Points: 523, Level: 5
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 4.0%


    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by Dema View Post
    You are very new to this, i am fully tested 111 STRs, Big-Y, Yfull upload, autosomal. While you are not yet tested at all and you are exploring this for 3 days and now you think you can go around Eupedia and teach people about their results.. I seen your level of typing you are not even serious but still i will reply to you. You must be some bored kid?
    That is only 6 that are in project. But i have record of about 14 of them all together including public studies, 23andme, etc..
    When i tested i was for quite some time the only J2-M205 Albanian, but after checking public studies i found more of them and also later we got them in project.
    I was practically attacked by Serbs that J2-M205 does not exist in Albanians neither in public studies. While in fact i found J2-M205 among Albanians in public studies and we got them in project now.
    1 percent in multiple subclades among Albanians is decent percentage for this haplogroup. It peaks in Cyprus with 6 % and then Balkans, but also possibly Oman and Yemen. According to main J2 admin, its main expansion happened in Middle East, more specific Fertile Crescent in time of 4000 - 3000 BCE going by Yfull age estimation.
    It all belongs to one branch J2-M205>Y22059. Which is connected with Pre-Slavic 12 century Montenegrin tribe Kriçi - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kri%C4%8Di
    Also its found in North Albania in Lohja tribe, and in Kosovo (myself). Serb samples are first slavicized and later serbicized. Also majority of Serb samples are from Croatia and Bosnia, from place where they are known to arrive there in 16 century from South Serbia and Montenegro. Thru history they never declared themselves Serbs but Vlachs, its obvious that they were some kind of slavicized locals. Probably Albanians or very similar to Albanians (100 % Southeast autosomally)
    They dont only have high J2-M205, but also high (in compare to neighbours) E-v13 which in some subclades matches Albanians. But also in some degree J2-L283, R1b, J1, and so on..
    In Montenegro there is 30 % of E-v13, way higher then in other South Slavic countries and up to 10x higher then in Slovenia. Therefore as we already knew this, we are dealing with Albanians here. J2-M205 among Serbs is result of slavicization of Montenegrin population, where vast majority of Albanian haplogroups were also slavicized and not only specific branch J2-M205>Y22059 that we are talking about here.
    You are like robot with freshly installed program, you dont even understand what i was saying.
    I was speaking about Kriçi tribe, not about haplogroup. I said that Kriçi tribe since it was Pre-Slavic Montenegrin tribe it could be Albanian language they spoken. J2-M205 Is Middle Eastern and Mediterranean, while J2-M205>Y22059 subbranch is native Montenegrin with possibly Phoenician origin or later Roman period migration. But everything so far points more towards early Phoenician period.
    J2-M205 is way older then Ottoman period, even Y22059 branch is connected to two tribes that have records prior to Ottomans so your theory immediately goes down.
    One tribe is early Pre-Slavic Montenegrin tribe, and another is Albanian Northern tribe.
    Also autosomally, in FTDNA calculator, even tho Serbs usually have way higher East component (Ukraine - Russia), in 4 Serb Y22059 samples as i can see on BigY Block Tree, Southeast (Albania Greece Italy) component prevails.
    So not that only their paternal line J-Y22059 is most likely Albanian in origin, also their autosomal genetics is in most part made of Albanian autosomal components.
    Furthermore i recently seen on Poreklo, they posted autosomal test of J2-M205>Y22059 Bulgar. Guy scores incredible 100 % Southeast Europe. Which even tho i seen many tests from many Balkan populations, 100 % Southeast can be usually seen only among Albanians.
    So J2-M205>Y22059 branch is probably Phoenician expansion thru Greeks and Illyrians into Albanians and later thru slavicization into Montenegrins and then Serbs.
    Me not being tested has nothing to do with this. You keep dancing around the facts, it is found almost 6% in Serbs and less than 1% in albanians, it is NOT albanian in origin and has nothing to do with albanians. It is almost non existant in North albanians too and yet these are the ones who have the most j2b l283. So it is not ilyrian at all like you claim, it doesn't have a big enough base to be, it looks recent especially amongst the less than 1% albanians

    Haplogroup is more important than autosomal, far more accurate far more specific, we are talking about your fathers tribe here. All of these krici and whatever you mention is all well and good but you can't know what happened to these people during ottoman era, we don't have enough written history, what we have is accurate dna tests. Even if you insist it isn't from ottoman even though most evidence says otherwise it still doesn't make it albanian. The percentage is just too low

  11. #361
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    09-01-17
    Posts
    190
    Points
    2,851
    Level
    15
    Points: 2,851, Level: 15
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Overall activity: 14.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J1-P58
    MtDNA haplogroup
    T1a1l

    Ethnic group
    Gheg Albanian-Kelmendi clan(Joined) but with supposed origin from Montenegro
    Country: United Kingdom



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Interesting J-M205 find from the paper on Ancient Rome:
    - R50, Centocelle, 135-244CE (Imperial Rome) belongs to J2b-M205>Y134194 https://anthrogenica.com/showthread....rranean/page12

  12. #362
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registeredThree Friends
    Dema's Avatar
    Join Date
    20-10-17
    Posts
    420
    Points
    4,026
    Level
    18
    Points: 4,026, Level: 18
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 224
    Overall activity: 32.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2-M205*

    Ethnic group
    Albanian
    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by ShpataEMadhe View Post
    Me not being tested has nothing to do with this. You keep dancing around the facts, it is found almost 6% in Serbs and less than 1% in albanians, it is NOT albanian in origin and has nothing to do with albanians. It is almost non existant in North albanians too and yet these are the ones who have the most j2b l283. So it is not ilyrian at all like you claim, it doesn't have a big enough base to be, it looks recent especially amongst the less than 1% albanians

    Haplogroup is more important than autosomal, far more accurate far more specific, we are talking about your fathers tribe here. All of these krici and whatever you mention is all well and good but you can't know what happened to these people during ottoman era, we don't have enough written history, what we have is accurate dna tests. Even if you insist it isn't from ottoman even though most evidence says otherwise it still doesn't make it albanian. The percentage is just too low
    You are like talking to bot. I already explained to you that Serb J2-M205 is all Y22059 its more northern branch of J2-M205 with Pre-Slavic Montenegrin origin. It has higher percentage because it had tribal expansion in area of Montenegro but later got slavicized just as 30 % of that E-v13 but also J2-L283, R1b, J1 and so on. It is actually 2-3 percent in Serbs and 4.8 percent by their project at the moment, you pulled out outdated data when they overtested Croatian and Bosnian Serbs that declared Vlach in the past. While in fact judging by haplogroups they were either Albanian or either Slavic.


    J2-M205>Y22059 is identified in 2 tribes so far, Kriçi (North Montenegro) and Lohja (North Albania). While Kriçi could very easily spoken Albanian language therefore be of Albanian origin, Lohja is for sure of Albanian origin. MRCA of Y22059 was for sure not Slavic, but due to very distant relatives more recent history is unknown therefore Illyrian and ancient Greek hypothesis thru Phoenician expansion makes sense.

    Percentage is not important at all, since you see all Montenegrin therefore Serb J2-M205 is from one tribal population that expanded in last 1000 years according to Yfull TMRCA. While Albanians have multiple subclades similar to Greeks and Italians testifying they had longer contact with J2-M205 since its present in multiple subclades that separated long time ago one from another. While Serbs have only none-Slavic, therefore very likely Albanian J2-M205>Y22059 subclade that is result of recent slavicisation of Montenegro and none-Slavic populations as Albanians.

    Otherwise J2-M205>Y22059 subclade is most likely Phoenician expansion into Greek and Illyrian territories. So even it probably become Hellenic or Illyrian, it is for sure Middle Eastern in origin and expanded since Bronze Age or later.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kelmendasi View Post
    Interesting J-M205 find from the paper on Ancient Rome:
    - R50, Centocelle, 135-244CE (Imperial Rome) belongs to J2b-M205>Y134194 https://anthrogenica.com/showthread....rranean/page12


    Very good find, i was looking at this research earlier and seen J2-M12* samples that could have been M205 or Z1825/L283. Branch Y134194 if found in modern day Lebanon and Egypt TMRCA 3300 ybp - https://www.yfull.com/tree/J-Y134194/


    This is very good find for entire J2-M205. It would be better if it was some older sample. We already have sample with similar age found in Roman England gladiator.

    So according to ancient bones so far we have J2-M205 confirmed in Canaanites/Phoenicians and Romans of Middle Eastern origin. Also in EBA I/II Jordan.
    Last edited by Dema; 10-11-19 at 14:11.

  13. #363
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    17-12-11
    Location
    Sofia
    Posts
    330
    Points
    5,432
    Level
    21
    Points: 5,432, Level: 21
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 118
    Overall activity: 4.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J-L70
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H2a2a1

    Ethnic group
    Bulgarian
    Country: Bulgaria



    Me,my Mom, my Dad and my maternal Grandpa are all 100% Balkan on FF, it means nothing. I am one of the samples taken as basic for Balkan, so if you score 100% something it only means you are one of the core samples :) We have nothing to do with Albanians, except we have genes from Native Balkan people and Slavs like they do :) Ofc in different proportions :) Please guys you seem to understand Genetics either educate him or make him stop write BS :)

    PS. A lot of Bulgarians are 100% or more then 90% Balkan on FF, it does not make it Bulgarian component, just like 100% sure it does not make it Albanian or Serb.

    As for J2b1 it is the most common in Europe in Serbs, it does not make you Serb ofc, just like being E-V13 does not make you Albanian, not even a bit,it is the subclade which really matters. Haplogrouops belong to nobody and being from a nation is a mental and historical thing and has nothing to do with haplogrouops :)

  14. #364
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registeredThree Friends
    Dema's Avatar
    Join Date
    20-10-17
    Posts
    420
    Points
    4,026
    Level
    18
    Points: 4,026, Level: 18
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 224
    Overall activity: 32.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2-M205*

    Ethnic group
    Albanian
    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by Yaan View Post
    Me,my Mom, my Dad and my maternal Grandpa are all 100% Balkan on FF, it means nothing. I am one of the samples taken as basic for Balkan, so if you score 100% something it only means you are one of the core samples :) We have nothing to do with Albanians, except we have genes from Native Balkan people and Slavs like they do :) Ofc in different proportions :) Please guys you seem to understand Genetics either educate him or make him stop write BS :)


    There is no Balkan category in FTDNA family finder.. Btw we just commented autosomal tests, not a big deal. Its clear that according to FTDNA calculator Southeast Europe is Albanian Greek and Italian cluster while East Europe is Slavic (Russia Ukraine) cluster.

    FTDNA after version 2.0 does very good job in separating these clusters.



    Show your FTDNA family finder result

  15. #365
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registeredThree Friends
    Dema's Avatar
    Join Date
    20-10-17
    Posts
    420
    Points
    4,026
    Level
    18
    Points: 4,026, Level: 18
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 224
    Overall activity: 32.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2-M205*

    Ethnic group
    Albanian
    Country: Albania



    I googled for Bulgarian autosomal results, i found one example of FTDNA FF here:

    Guy says: "I am from Bulgaria pretty much and all my recent ancestors are from here. Maternal grandmother from southwest Bulgaria, distant ancestors originally from Kilkis, Greece."
    https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...ering)-Results


    Does this looks like 100 % Southeast Europe to you ?



  16. #366
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    17-12-11
    Location
    Sofia
    Posts
    330
    Points
    5,432
    Level
    21
    Points: 5,432, Level: 21
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 118
    Overall activity: 4.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J-L70
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H2a2a1

    Ethnic group
    Bulgarian
    Country: Bulgaria



    100 % South East Europe as I said for me, my Mom, my Dad and my maternal Grandpa and for a lot of other Bulgarians, but this is not the point, but how to stop the tro...l

    The Southeast Europe cluster consists of present day populations from the areas of Italy, Greece, and the western Balkan states from Bulgaria to Croatia. Present day populations in the Southeast Europe cluster show some of the highest rates of genetic relatedness to the second wave of migration into Europe roughly 11,000 years ago. This wave of migration consisted of Neolithic farmers from the Fertile Crescent and expanded primarily into southern Europe, incorporating small scattered European hunter-gatherer communities along their path.

  17. #367
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    17-12-11
    Location
    Sofia
    Posts
    330
    Points
    5,432
    Level
    21
    Points: 5,432, Level: 21
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 118
    Overall activity: 4.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J-L70
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H2a2a1

    Ethnic group
    Bulgarian
    Country: Bulgaria



    So what I already explained to you,who gets 100% something. Think how to stop the disgrace of Albania here my friend :)

  18. #368
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    17-12-11
    Location
    Sofia
    Posts
    330
    Points
    5,432
    Level
    21
    Points: 5,432, Level: 21
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 118
    Overall activity: 4.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J-L70
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H2a2a1

    Ethnic group
    Bulgarian
    Country: Bulgaria



    The results,which you posted are from a guy who complained how made up his results are compared to other companies, as for Slavic component, this is non sense, Russians are heavily mixed with Finnic people, Poles and Czechs with Germanics and Celts Bulgarians and Serbs with Med people etc.etc :)

    But lets not make offtopic. On the topic J2b1 is highest in Europe in Serbs, it is not Albanian or Serb component, there is not a single component in the world which is owned by a modern ethnicity. So you have a Big Y? Do you plan to make also for another J2b1 Albanians ?

  19. #369
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registeredThree Friends
    Dema's Avatar
    Join Date
    20-10-17
    Posts
    420
    Points
    4,026
    Level
    18
    Points: 4,026, Level: 18
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 224
    Overall activity: 32.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2-M205*

    Ethnic group
    Albanian
    Country: Albania



    I am still not convinced that 100 % Southeast Europe is that common among Bulgarians. And if it is, it means that they are 100 % autosomally made of Thracian/Greek/Illyrian components rather then of Slavic as their modern language suggests. Or older Bulgar language of Tukic origin.


    I have show you random FTDNA FF of Bulgarian example. He has higher East component which represents Slavic influence into modern Bulgars then Southeast which would be Thracian/Illyrian.

    Other South Slavs also get similar to that result. You have not convinced me that you and your family, and many Bulgarians score 100 % Southeast Europe on FTDNA autosomal calculator.




    Quote Originally Posted by Yaan View Post
    The results,which you posted are from a guy who complained how made up his results are compared to other companies, as for Slavic component, this is non sense, Russians are heavily mixed with Finnic people, Poles and Czechs with Germanics and Celts Bulgarians and Serbs with Med people etc.etc :)

    But lets not make offtopic. On the topic J2b1 is highest in Europe in Serbs, it is not Albanian or Serb component, there is not a single component in the world which is owned by a modern ethnicity. So you have a Big Y? Do you plan to make also for another J2b1 Albanians ?

    Ukrainians, Poles, Russians get very high percentage of East Europe, above 80 %. In this thread you have Ukraine/Polish guy that posted his FTDNA autosomal he scores over 90 % of East Europe. Also i seen Polish guy scoring 100 % East Europe.


    Only South Slavs get this ridiculous amount of Southeast Europe, but still its usually lower then East Europe. While Serbs and Montenegrins have higher Southeast component in compare to Croats, Bosnjaks or Slovens because of Albanian/Illyrian influence while Bulgarians have because of Thracian/Illyrian/Greek influence.


    100 % Southeast Europe in FTDNA is very very rare so i simply dont believe that there is many Bulgarians and half of your family that score 100 % Southeast Europe.

  20. #370
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registeredThree Friends
    Dema's Avatar
    Join Date
    20-10-17
    Posts
    420
    Points
    4,026
    Level
    18
    Points: 4,026, Level: 18
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 224
    Overall activity: 32.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2-M205*

    Ethnic group
    Albanian
    Country: Albania



    1 members found this post helpful.
    There is two J2-M205 samples identified so far in "Ancient Rome: A genetic crossroads of Europe and the Mediterranean":

    Sample R50, 135-244 CE.
    Belongs to branch J-M205>Y134194 https://www.yfull.com/tree/J-Y134194/ (TMRCA 3300 ybp, modern Lebanon and Egypt samples in Yfull)

    Centocelle Necropolis, Rome (Suburbium)

    The area of the ancient Centumcellae, in a south-eastern suburb of Rome, next to the Via Labicana (withinmodern day Centocelle, Rome), extends for more than 30 hectares and preserves a rich archaeologicalrecord ranging from the 6th century BCE to the 6th century CE. Among the many monuments and sites sofar investigated, the necropolis of Centocelle is associated with a Roman imperial Villa (Ad Duas Lauros)and is dated to the IV-V century CE.The necropolis consists of 61 inhumations and the individuals possibly pertained to the inhabitants of theVilla. The preliminary bioarchaeological survey is published in (124–127). Dietary analysis of theinhumated through compound specific isotope analyses (CSIA) performed on single amino acids iscurrently in progress. The human osteological material is currently stored at the Museo delle Civiltà inRome.



    Sample R1283
    , 771-974 CE.
    Belongs to J-M205>PF7321* (no specific branch) https://www.yfull.com/tree/J-PF7321/

    Cancelleria - The Basilica of San Lorenzo in Damaso

    The Basilica of San Lorenzo was erected by Pope Damaso (366-384 CE) in south-western CampoMarzio, reusing part of an architectural complex in which it is possible to recognize the buildings of thefactio prasina, one of the four factions of the circus (109–111). The Basilica, with three naves, occupied alarge area largely coinciding with that of the courtyard of the Palazzo della Cancelleria, in one of the mostcentral areas of Rome, halfway between Piazza Farnese and Piazza Navona.Probably as early as the sixth century CE there are numerous burials (subsequently reworked severaltimes) that are carried out in the area of the church, in particular in a vast environment located close to thesouth side of the building (112).A radical transformation of the Basilica is recorded in the second quarter of the 11th century CEfollowing a fire, of which extensive traces have been found. In addition to conspicuous transformations ofa structural nature, the floor of all the sections of the Basilica was raised by about 1 m. In the church,starting from this date until its destruction, numerous burials were built including several masonryossuaries. New changes to the structure of the church were made during the second half of the fifteenthcentury. The numismatic artifacts found have allowed us to date, at the beginning of the last quarter of thefifteenth century, a large mass grave in which hundreds of burials were deposited (SU17, SU30 andSU471). In the way of organizing the burials it is likely to recognize the effects of a plague epidemicwhich we know to have struck the city between 1476 and 1479 CE, a hypothesis that would also beconfirmed by the study of skeletal remains. In 1489 CE the building of the Palazzo della Cancelleriabegins and the church is totally destroyed. The population of this necropolis covers most of the MiddleAges and is representative of the population of Rome of this period.

  21. #371
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Mich Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-12-16
    Posts
    72
    Points
    1,596
    Level
    11
    Points: 1,596, Level: 11
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 254
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2b1
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1a5

    Country: Canada



    1 members found this post helpful.
    I hope they put R1283 ​to YFull. Maybe with this cousin my sample will form new subclade.

  22. #372
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registeredThree Friends
    Dema's Avatar
    Join Date
    20-10-17
    Posts
    420
    Points
    4,026
    Level
    18
    Points: 4,026, Level: 18
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 224
    Overall activity: 32.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2-M205*

    Ethnic group
    Albanian
    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by Dema View Post
    Sample R50, 135-244 CE.
    Belongs to branch J-M205>Y134194 https://www.yfull.com/tree/J-Y134194/ (TMRCA 3300 ybp, modern Lebanon and Egypt samples in Yfull)
    Here is some interesting Gedmatch results for this sample:

    Calculating Population Admixture - dv3 [K=12]

    2.14% East_European
    16.23% West_European
    41.01% Mediterranean

    0.00% Neo_African
    28.51% West_Asian
    0.00% South_Asian
    0.14% Northeast_Asian
    0.00% Southeast_Asian
    0.07% East_African
    11.84% Southwest_Asian
    0.02% Northwest_African
    0.04% Palaeo_African


    Calculating Population Admixture - eurogenes [K=36]

    0.00% Amerindian
    1.95% Arabian
    6.23% Armenian

    0.00% Basque
    0.00% Central_African
    0.00% Central_Euro
    0.00% East_African
    0.00% East_Asian
    4.87% East_Balkan
    0.00% East_Central_Asian
    0.13% East_Central_Euro
    23.81% East_Med
    0.00% Eastern_Euro
    0.00% Fennoscandian
    4.23% French
    10.09% Iberian
    0.00% Indo-Chinese
    26.91% Italian
    0.00% Malayan
    9.25% Near_Eastern
    0.00% North_African
    0.22% North_Atlantic
    0.00% North_Caucasian
    0.00% North_Sea
    0.00% Northeast_African
    0.00% Oceanian
    0.00% Omotic
    0.00% Pygmy
    0.00% Siberian
    0.00% South_Asian
    0.00% South_Central_Asian
    0.00% South_Chinese
    0.00% Volga-Ural
    0.00% West_African
    4.64% West_Caucasian
    7.67% West_Med



    Calculating Population Admixture - globe13 [K=13]


    0.01% Siberian
    0.00% Amerindian
    0.00% West_African
    0.05% Palaeo_African
    18.91% Southwest_Asian
    0.00% East_Asian
    38.66% Mediterranean
    0.16% Australasian
    0.00% Arctic
    26.98% West_Asian
    15.23% North_European

    0.00% South_Asian
    0.00% East_African

  23. #373
    Regular Member Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

    Join Date
    19-05-19
    Posts
    72
    Points
    523
    Level
    5
    Points: 523, Level: 5
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 4.0%


    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by Dema View Post
    You are like talking to bot. I already explained to you that Serb J2-M205 is all Y22059 its more northern branch of J2-M205 with Pre-Slavic Montenegrin origin. It has higher percentage because it had tribal expansion in area of Montenegro but later got slavicized just as 30 % of that E-v13 but also J2-L283, R1b, J1 and so on. It is actually 2-3 percent in Serbs and 4.8 percent by their project at the moment, you pulled out outdated data when they overtested Croatian and Bosnian Serbs that declared Vlach in the past. While in fact judging by haplogroups they were either Albanian or either Slavic.
    J2-M205>Y22059 is identified in 2 tribes so far, Kriçi (North Montenegro) and Lohja (North Albania). While Kriçi could very easily spoken Albanian language therefore be of Albanian origin, Lohja is for sure of Albanian origin. MRCA of Y22059 was for sure not Slavic, but due to very distant relatives more recent history is unknown therefore Illyrian and ancient Greek hypothesis thru Phoenician expansion makes sense.
    Percentage is not important at all, since you see all Montenegrin therefore Serb J2-M205 is from one tribal population that expanded in last 1000 years according to Yfull TMRCA. While Albanians have multiple subclades similar to Greeks and Italians testifying they had longer contact with J2-M205 since its present in multiple subclades that separated long time ago one from another. While Serbs have only none-Slavic, therefore very likely Albanian J2-M205>Y22059 subclade that is result of recent slavicisation of Montenegro and none-Slavic populations as Albanians.
    Otherwise J2-M205>Y22059 subclade is most likely Phoenician expansion into Greek and Illyrian territories. So even it probably become Hellenic or Illyrian, it is for sure Middle Eastern in origin and expanded since Bronze Age or later.
    Very good find, i was looking at this research earlier and seen J2-M12* samples that could have been M205 or Z1825/L283. Branch Y134194 if found in modern day Lebanon and Egypt TMRCA 3300 ybp - https://www.yfull.com/tree/J-Y134194/
    This is very good find for entire J2-M205. It would be better if it was some older sample. We already have sample with similar age found in Roman England gladiator.
    So according to ancient bones so far we have J2-M205 confirmed in Canaanites/Phoenicians and Romans of Middle Eastern origin. Also in EBA I/II Jordan.
    Whatever dude, j2b m205 has nothing to do with albanians, it is found much more in serbia and Middle East, less than 1% in Albanians meanwhile j2b l283 is almost 20%. Where it came from is the question and the answer will never be from albania. Romans is also unlikely because Serbs having it more than albanians wouldnt make sense, maybe it came from Jewish Romans as we know they took them as slaves initially but it could also be from early osman arabs

    And yes percentage is absolutely the most important thing when determining the genetics of a population

    karta-7.jpg

  24. #374
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registeredThree Friends
    Dema's Avatar
    Join Date
    20-10-17
    Posts
    420
    Points
    4,026
    Level
    18
    Points: 4,026, Level: 18
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 224
    Overall activity: 32.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2-M205*

    Ethnic group
    Albanian
    Country: Albania



    Got to love these jelly trølls invading thread all the time with various theories but always trying to represent M205 as recent arrival or Vlach, Bulgar, Jewish slave, Serbian, Turkish, Ottoman....

    Listen here you ShpataEmadhe little trøll boy,


    Will you please answer to me why are you now typing in Latin alphabet?? That has roots in ancient Greek alphabet, which has roots in Phoenician (Semitic) alphabet ?

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_alphabet#Origins
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_alphabet#Origins


    Do i have to remind you that J-M205 was found in ancient Sidon 1600 BCE, specifically where this alphabet originates?





    + add two new J-M205 samples from recent ancient Roman study.
    Last edited by Dema; 15-11-19 at 20:20.

  25. #375
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registeredThree Friends
    Dema's Avatar
    Join Date
    20-10-17
    Posts
    420
    Points
    4,026
    Level
    18
    Points: 4,026, Level: 18
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 224
    Overall activity: 32.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2-M205*

    Ethnic group
    Albanian
    Country: Albania



    And btw no one ever said that J2-M205 has origin in Albanians. You have like intelligence problems.
    It was said for one specific sublcade and not for its formed date but for its TMRCA. So J2-M205>Y22059, since Y22059 was identified in two tribes Kriçi (early pre-Slavic Montenegrin tribe), and Lohja (obvious North Albanian tribe).

    J2-M205>Y22059 formed date 4900 ybp, TMRCA 1000 ybp.

    So what i said is that MRCA (most recent common ancestor) of Y22059 most likely spoken Albanian language. More further origin then 1000 years is without doubt Roman or earlier Illyrian or Greek thru Bronze Age Middle East migration.



    Also i dont know why this kind of stupidity is tolerated by Eupedia:

    Quote Originally Posted by ShpataEMadhe View Post
    Whatever dude, j2b m205 has nothing to do with albanians, it is found much more in serbia and Middle East, less than 1% in Albanians meanwhile j2b l283 is almost 20%. Where it came from is the question and the answer will never be from albania. Romans is also unlikely because Serbs having it more than albanians wouldnt make sense, maybe it came from Jewish Romans as we know they took them as slaves initially but it could also be from early osman arabs
    He says Romans is unlikely even tho J2-M205 now has multiple Roman samples. But then he concludes that its possible that is some "Jewish Roman slave" since it sounds bad enough so it satisfies him. Also J2-M205 almost does not exist among Jews, so far its identified in one branch. Its more likely of Canaanite origin.

    Also he insists in Ottoman Arabs even tho J2-M205 has diversified all over Mediterranean Sea long before Ottoman or Common Era time. It peaks among Cypriot Greeks and its found in high diversity and many varieties along Mediterranean where most of subclades separated in time-frame of 4000-6000 years one from another. J2-M205 is very rare in Turkey and also its in so far only one identified branch. This guy has no bases for his claims.

    Here he says that Cypriot J2-M205 is also from Ottoman conquest.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShpataEMadhe View Post
    Also j2b m205 definitely seems from osman conquest, it seems to have broken into cyprus
    In Cyprus regarding J-M205, researchers say: "J2b-M205 may contribute also to the pre-Greek strata."
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4750176/

    Do you know what pre-Greek strata is ?

    In other thread he talks about drugs and needles and is obvious joker. Reported!

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •