J2b1-M205 introduced to Eupedia

Petar Demic is Dema himself or one of his cousins. Demic is the Slavic version of Dema lastname, and Dema apparently lives in Croatia and was born in Slovenia, so there you go.

Could be.

Dema was not took his nick by accident. Dema came from Demić.

One more time:

b0bc82a6369d8ef763aa0f0476f4446b.jpg

7962ccc053724c00043582fb2bc2ed54.jpg

6d8f0af655871b83903336d55c0fdb38.jpg

If we take average 100 yrs/SNP, for 42 private SNPs we have TMRCA about 4000-5000 ybp.

Some people (most of them) have STR only. It's cheaper.
So, for them TMRCA is even less.
Simple logic.

My Polish match is the closest. It's evident too.

The question is how this Polish guy's and my common ancestor arrived to modern day Poland? From the South? Maybe from the North? And when?

Sure, it's interesting for me only but I am looking for researchers with common interests.

Excuse me again to teach you. Nothing personal.

One more time:

b0bc82a6369d8ef763aa0f0476f4446b.jpg

7962ccc053724c00043582fb2bc2ed54.jpg

6d8f0af655871b83903336d55c0fdb38.jpg

As i understood this German, Yemen and Lebanon persons are not your branch/cluster matches, you match them same way you match everyone else under M205 and PF7321 SNPs. More then 95 % of M205 are also positive to PF7321 SNP, me included.
It looks like you are in group with them here in Big Y Block Tree because none of you is further classified then PH7321*.
You need second sample to confirm your private branch and SNPs. If your Polish match would upload to Yfull or do bigY, you and him would be separated into your own branch.

If we take average 100 yrs/SNP, for 42 private SNPs we have TMRCA about 4000-5000 ybp.

Yes this is correct, but you and me have TMRCA 5600 years, so difference with them might be very similar like difference with you and me for example.

Some people (most of them) have STR only. It's cheaper.
So, for them TMRCA is even less.
Simple logic.

Yes many of M205 have STRs only, but based on STRs we can know branches of many of them since they are close matches to guys who did bigY.
For example one of guys you posted does not have bigY, but i know he 100 % falls into my branch M205>CTS1969>Y22059.
Only first Sicilian and American did not have bigY, all others had. But based on STRs, American and Sicilian are different branches.

You should focus on DYS388 values 13/14 since 15 is modal and most of M205 have 15.

The same story by YFull:

58fd73a8fb915b3f80a0d70ba74b5ffb.jpg

Some samples like your new sample are still under processing and results will soon change. We should still wait for final analysis.

So as i said, if your Polish match would do bigY he would most likely share some of your private SNPs and form separate branch together with you.

Your branch would be something like J2-M205>PF7321>Ukraine/Poland Formed 5600 ybp, TMRCA 1000 - 2000 ybp.
Your Polish/Ukraine branch is like smaller brother clade to Y45447 and CTS1969.

Also this German sample is small brother clade to CTS1969 and Y45447 and your branch, probably formed 5600 years ago with still unknown TMRCA.

Ask your Polish match to do bigY and all this things will be much clearer.

My best regards !

Last edited:
My Polish match is the closest. It's evident too.

The question is how this Polish guy's and my common ancestor arrived to modern day Poland? From the South? Maybe from the North? And when?

Sure, it's interesting for me only but I am looking for researchers with common interests.

Excuse me again to teach you. Nothing personal.

I dont dare yet to give prognosis, but we have our oldest ancient DNA in Ain Ghazal 2500 BCE.
Also Sidon 1700 BCE.

Our TMRCA is 5600 - 6000 ybp.

Things are pretty clear....

Regarding your personal branch, i don't know when it migrated, it could be anywhere from 5000 years ago to 2000 years ago....

Last edited:
New sample from Italia near my Dante version sample (already paid and permanently posted to the Y-tree).

a909b4eacd04ce45b02db05817444a4e.jpg

New sample from Italia near my Dante version sample (already paid and permanently posted to the Y-tree).

a909b4eacd04ce45b02db05817444a4e.jpg

Interestingly our Trapani Italian shared plenty of SNPs with one of our Jemen Hadhramaut samples and formed private branch.
TMRCA respectively 2400 years, which goes right into Phoenician period and Roman - Punic wars.

This news goes good with my new avatar. ;)

I tried to find his STRs but i didnt see him in any project, i think there is at least couple of branches in Italy, i know for at least 3 or 4 so far...

Interestingly our Trapani Italian shared plenty of SNPs with one of our Jemen Hadhramaut samples and formed private branch.
TMRCA respectively 2400 years, which goes right into Phoenician period and Roman - Punic wars.

This news goes good with my new avatar. ;)

I tried to find his STRs but i didnt see him in any project, i think there is at least couple of branches in Italy, i know for at least 3 or 4 so far...

After analysis complete their TMRCA fallen down to 2000 years before present, so it is possible its some Roman time migration, or later 9th century Muslim conquest of Sicily.

1. Roman time scenario : https://j2-m172.info/2016/01/exogen...f-26-is-j2b1-m205-and-likely-middle-eastener/

2. Muslim conquest scenario: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_conquest_of_Sicily

Also i would like to add that i have been able to find a match to our Yfull Lebanon sample, i found him another match in Lebanon from public study, GD 2/23, which is fairly close. It is one of couple of branches i found in Lebanon.

It's me again.
Big Y 700.

It would be better if you tested some relative then actually same person again?

Or its just upgrade from 500 to 700 ? Now there is 3 of your results :)

Oh, yeah?
I've tested more than 50 persons young boy.
What about you my Albanian friend?

*** BTW I'm waiting for LongRead from Dante Labs. So, for the result #4.

Oh, yeah?
I've tested more than 50 persons young boy.
What about you my Albanian friend?

*** BTW I'm waiting for LongRead from Dante Labs. So, for the result #4.

I manage about 10 accounts, plus now my entire village where im from in Kosovo started to test lol.
Hopefully ill get them in Albanian project.

Its ok, just i hoped that maybe you got your STR relative to do WGS test, it would be interesting to see Ukraine branch formed.
I could upgrade my bigY500 to bigY700 but there is no some big use of it, TMRCA would rise for maybe 50 or 100 years.

We are distant relatives, TMRCA 5700 years, thats true...

Your Ukraine branch is smaller brother clade to two largest branches CTS1969 (Europe and Middle East) and Y45447 (Oman Yemen Saudi).

We are all distant cousins separated 5000 - 5700 ybp.

Hi cousins

THERE IS SAMPLE FROM EGYPT, HOPFELLY it can make change specially on the roof of the m205.

we are waiting the surprises

Regarding M205 at Albanians we have tested two of our southern branches for PF7321 and CTS1969 SNPs, they both turned out PF7321+ and CTS1969-.
As Flor has let me know our larger Tosk branch has initiated bigY test so in near future it will appear in Yfull. It would be helpful if our Gogo cluster would also do bigY

So far i have 11 Albanians identified as M205 in 4 different branches, one of these we still dont have in project its branch found in Tirana with DYS388=12 (huge multistep).

British clade Y64012 remains the only known clade which is PF7321 negative.

Regarding my branch Y22059, it is still unknown but it signals it could be ancient regarding Mediterranean Sea (Early separation) with its TMRCA 1000 years pointing founder effect probably of Montenegrin 12 century tribe that everyone recorded as natives. Probably of Albanian origin or very similar to Albanian. Branch does not exist in Slovenia, and in Croatia is mostly found in Serbs (same in Bosnia) that are known as more recent arrival somewhere from South Serbia and probably Montenegro. Testifying its southern origin.

Hi everyone! First off, I am pretty much really ignorant about haplogroup. By the way I tested myself on 23andme and I got J-M205 as haplogroup.
Few months after I tested my father with LivingDNA and he get J-M102. Which is kinda confusing for me. Dema suggested to post here on this thread.
I have some questions by the way.
Me and my father belong both to jm205 because livingdna do not analizes sub-clades?
I am from Northern Italy, eastern part, I am 100% from Veneto region, coast zone. I suppose J2 arrived here through greek people during the byzantine period, is this right?
Is j2b1 connected to people like the Assyrian or Carthaginians or Hittites, and through them it arrived in Anatolia and Greece?

Thanks for your time and sorry if I did some stupid questions, but I'm totally new to this world.
I will take new tests to analyze my sublcade.

This thread has been viewed 194484 times.

Back