Y-DNA H2 Haplogroup

I looked for M9313 on Ybrowse and it belongs to H-SK1190, which is called H-Y19962 on YFull. There is also this thread here about it. H-Y19962 split from H-Y21618 about 16,000 years ago and it has a TMRCA at 6000 years ago, judging by ancient samples H2 definitely has a Neolithic origin in Europe, and the estimated TMRCA for the H-Y19962 subclade fits that pretty well.

I suspect it will take some time to acquire more information on H2. It will happen, it may just take awhile, especially considering its rarity (compared to R1b or others in Europe).

I looked for M9313 on Ybrowse and it belongs to H-SK1190, which is called H-Y19962 on YFull. There is also this thread here about it. H-Y19962 split from H-Y21618 about 16,000 years ago and it has a TMRCA at 6000 years ago, judging by ancient samples H2 definitely has a Neolithic origin in Europe, and the estimated TMRCA for the H-Y19962 subclade fits that pretty well.

I suspect it will take some time to acquire more information on H2. It will happen, it may just take awhile, especially considering its rarity (compared to R1b or others in Europe).

Thanks,
Just hope its not another 6,000 yrs ..lol

One 'problem' that I have with P 96, is that it is also associated with the first Europeans. Maciamo when writing about the Genetics of the British Isle etc, on this forum, actually informs it is likely that P-96 came into Europe with the first 'Human Migrations into Europe' and linked it to the development of the Aurigation Culture, (the Paleolithic/stone age periods).

This means that it was likely to of been here in Europe long before the Farmers arrived, and suggests at least two separate migatory groups for P 96, thousands of years apart, ? and which is the correct age and route my 'Y' ancestor took into Europe, and from there into England ?.

Last edited:
This may be of interest. There is a site called atlasdna which lists the frequency of Y DNA Haplogroups by country. The country with the highest occurance of H2 is Bangladesh with 0.9%.

This may be of interest. There is a site called atlasdna which lists the frequency of Y DNA Haplogroups by country. The country with the highest occurance of H2 is Bangladesh with 0.9%.

Thanks for the information TJSMCR.

I tried to look on the site but cannot get any information about Y H2. There is a reference to the site using the' ISOGG Haplogroup Naming of 2012, and at the botton of some pages I managed to access, the reference indicates last update was 7/20/2010, next update expected 1/1/2020.

Y H2 was known as F or F3 untill 2013/2014, and I think Y H2 would refer to a possible different Y H Haplogroup subclade or grouping prior to the changes of 2013/14.

We need to find out more, to confirm that it is actually referring to the P 96, subclade

I would have posted the link but I need to have 10 posts before I'm allowed to post links to the forum. I agree that it would be very useful to know how close their H2 is to our H-p96.

I would have posted the link but I need to have 10 posts before I'm allowed to post links to the forum. I agree that it would be very useful to know how close their H2 is to our H-p96.

I was going to look on the ISOGG 2019, to look into the changes regarding the Y H haplogroup, but its now suspended ? and unavailable.

As you have the same Mtdna as me and others, check out the Mtdna changes on this site and the on the Y Full M Tree, the Haplogroup subclades have also been changed.

I was going to look on the ISOGG 2019, to look into the changes regarding the Y H haplogroup, but its now suspended ? and unavailable.

As you have the same Mtdna as me and others, check out the Mtdna changes on this site and the on the Y Full M Tree, the Haplogroup subclades have also been changed.

Just looked on the 2019 ISOGG site and it is back online. There are no Y H2 P96's reported in Bangladesh. The changes that were made to the Y H Haplogroup were dated 24th Feb 2014. The Bangladesh references come under the SNPs Z34618, and Z5876, downstream subclades of Y H1a1a+ etc. Not sure if the. 0.09% you refer to is incorporated.

Thanks Paul. That's interesting. I'll post the link properly as soon as I can.

Thanks Paul, I don't know enough about Genetics to answer that. I'm going to a talk at Leeds Museum in September called 'Who were Britain's first farmers, the genetics of the Neolithic'. Should be interesting.

اسقاطاتكم علميا المفترض يكتن تاريخيا

[QUOTE = paul333؛ 522184] تم مؤخرًا اختبار تاريخ العائلة ومنحها Haplogroup H2 ، من شمال إنجلترا ، وأكد تاريخ العائلة من يوركشاير إلى ما بعد 1700. لا أستطيع أن أجد الكثير عن ذلك في أوروبا ، بخلاف ما يبدو أنه قديم ، ومختلف عن Indian H Y-Haplogroups H1 & H3. هناك H2 من السويد وسويسرا وشمال فرنسا وغيرها في أوروبا الغربية ، وخرائط H Y-Haplogroup ولكن ليس هناك الكثير من المعرفة فيما يتعلق بكيفية العثور عليها في أوروبا الحديثة .. [/ QUOTE]

هذه مشاركتي الاولى ارجوا ان تكون ذات فائدة لي ولكم
السلام عليكم
ربما تجدون من الغريب تواجد عربي معكم في منتدى يهتم بالجينات والانساب
ولا اخفيكم انني مهتم اكثر بالانساب والمشجرات ولا نستغني عن هذا العلم الجديد المعروف بالدي ان ايه
؟هل توصل العلماء المختصين في تحليل النتائج الجينية لفرز السلالات السامية والاخرى الحامية والثالثة اليافثية

[QUOTE = paul333؛ 522184] تم مؤخرًا اختبار تاريخ العائلة ومنحها Haplogroup H2 ، من شمال إنجلترا ، وأكد تاريخ العائلة من يوركشاير إلى ما بعد 1700. لا أستطيع أن أجد الكثير عن ذلك في أوروبا ، بخلاف ما يبدو أنه قديم ، ومختلف عن Indian H Y-Haplogroups H1 & H3. هناك H2 من السويد وسويسرا وشمال فرنسا وغيرها في أوروبا الغربية ، وخرائط H Y-Haplogroup ولكن ليس هناك الكثير من المعرفة فيما يتعلق بكيفية العثور عليها في أوروبا الحديثة .. [/ QUOTE]

هذه مشاركتي الاولى ارجوا ان تكون ذات فائدة لي ولكم
السلام عليكم
ربما تجدون من الغريب تواجد عربي معكم في منتدى يهتم بالجينات والانساب
ولا اخفيكم انني مهتم اكثر بالانساب والمشجرات ولا نستغني عن هذا العلم الجديد المعروف بالدي ان ايه
؟هل توصل العلماء المختصين في تحليل النتائج الجينية لفرز السلالات السامية والاخرى الحامية والثالثة اليافثية

I cannot translate, or understand your post. Is it possible you could put it into English. thanks

Thanks Paul, I don't know enough about Genetics to answer that. I'm going to a talk at Leeds Museum in September called 'Who were Britain's first farmers, the genetics of the Neolithic'. Should be interesting.

Sounds Interesting, lets hope they can help you with a lack of information, as to wether Y H2, came here with Neolithic farmers, or earlier, good luck.

هذه هي مشاركتي الأولى وآمل أن تكون ذات فائدة لك ولي
عليك السلام
ربما من الغريب أن تجد عربيًا معك في منتدى مهتم بعلم الوراثة وعلم الأنساب
لا أخفي أنني مهتم أكثر بعلم الأنساب والأشجار ولا أفعل بدون هذا العلم الجديد المعروف باسم dna
؟ وقد توصل العلماء إلى المتخصصين في تحليل النتائج الوراثية لفحص السلالات الفرعية وغيرها من يافث الوقائي والثالث

There is another further referenced Y H2 on the Swedish reference map at Hammar, Sweden. Every one of the three has various surnames and may speak to three separate Y-haplogroups in one nation.

Hi Willer855,

Thanks for the information.

There was, and is, reference's that Indicates Y H2 P96, reached Sweden early, even during the Mesolithic, spreading to, and from there via SNP SK1182 etc, but information about its early presence in Europe, is also being found, pre farmers.

At present, there are three in England, one in Scotland, that I know of, on the forums, and I know there is a few in Sweden, and other parts in Europe.

The subclade references on the updated Y Full Tree, for H2 P96, also indicate movements, as far North as Sweden, from Europe.

The SNP tracker is also showing and indicating Y H2 P96 downstream subclade movements that confirm its descendant presence, and pathways that all point to 'Y H2 P96' reaching the Northern Parts of Europe early, and spreading from there it seems during both Mesolithic and Neolithic periods.

There seems to be two groups of 'Y H2 P96', one with an early presence in Europe, and another associated with the introduction of Farming, this split, is causing a few problems, and certainly some confusion, it seems.

I have another positive downstream SNP of M9313, which is indicating a subclade of 'Y H2a1', but have very little information about it. I am sure there was earlier reference's to Y H2a1 in Sweden, but the information has been removed off a Swedish reference site, but It could also be referencing an Mtdna Haplogroup, I just cannot remember.

There is it seems numerous references of the presence of Y H2 in Scandinavia, both ancient, and modern, but trying to confirm this presence is very difficult.

Also when looking at the SNP M9313 through the SNP Tracker, it indicates a branch of a differing Y Haplogroup ? , 'I2a2a' under SNP L801 which is described on the Eupedia I2 Haplogroup forum, of this site, as the 'Continental Clade' of Y I2, 'Z161+' formed 10,000 yrs ago. It also informs L801 was later thought to of being propagated by Danish Vikings, but not sure if this can be correct for Y H2 M9313.

The Y H2 SNP M9313 would prove to be my Terminal SNP, as it is further downstream from P96, but its position on the Y H2 Tree is not yet confirmed, I understand, so we will have to await further developments hopefully .

Last edited:
I'm a new member here - found this while searching for H-P96 which is my paternal haplogroup. I live in the US, my father had done a family tree back into the 1700s to an area of Pennsylvania that was largely settled by "Scots-Irish" - but he never got back any further. In reviewing his information I think his tree is correct, though there's one link between "Captain James Sharp" and his grandson Ross where I'm not completely positive.

I got DNA tests a while back - on Ancestry and 23andme - but hadn't looked at them much until recently (all of my genealogical looking has been recent) - and found that my paternal haplogroup is this rare one. I've also recently joined familytreedna and am getting one of their ydna kits to have more information. There is a "Sharp" project on their site and I do see three other H-P96 members, so may get more information from that group.

This thread has been viewed 36069 times.

Back