Y-DNA H2 Haplogroup

I've just received more detailed results. My Haplogroup is now H-Y21630 (H2C1A1A1) . Any help with the implications would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
A new preprint:

Early replacement of West Eurasian male Y chromosomes from the east
Pille Hallast, Anastasia Agdzhoyan, Oleg Balanovsky, Yali Xue, Chris Tyler-Smith
First time poster, so I can't post the link. It's on biorxiv.

They seem to conclude this purely from a phylogenetic tree, but said tree does group H2 and H3 together to the exclusion of H1. Also, F2 is outside of GHIJK.

I've recently tried using the SNP Tracker Tool. It shows H-Y21630 (H2C1A1A1) entering Europe during the Paleolithic. Could it have entered Europe before H2A1?

Last edited:
A new preprint:

Early replacement of West Eurasian male Y chromosomes from the east
Pille Hallast, Anastasia Agdzhoyan, Oleg Balanovsky, Yali Xue, Chris Tyler-Smith
First time poster, so I can't post the link. It's on biorxiv.

They seem to conclude this purely from a phylogenetic tree, but said tree does group H2 and H3 together to the exclusion of H1. Also, F2 is outside of GHIJK.

I thought H1 and H3 were grouped together to the exclusion of H2. This is big news if true.

This paper has problems imo. If all West Eurasian y chromosomes were replaced from the east via GHIJK what were the original West Eurasian Y chromosomes?

This thread has been viewed 36165 times.

Back