Angela, why did you delete my posting about LeBrock?

Redmayne

Reaction score
Ethnic group
English, Irish and German
Y-DNA haplogroup
I1c
mtDNA haplogroup
W
Is this not the forum where you can voice complaints to the administrators? So what is the big idea with Angela and LeBrok always trying to make me look bad? Naturally, I was wondering to myself that maybe I was being too controversial in my Spanish civil war post. As they seem to think so. But it seems like these two Moderators see me as an enemy - not just in that post, but in the rest of Eupedia. As far as I know, I cannot recall that I am breaking any rules. So why is this happening, to me?

Angela, is it possible you can restore my post about LeBrock? I am not trying to start any fights. I just want to know why LeBrock seems to be doing this on purpose. Is this a personal thing? Cause I would like to apologize to him. This is not the first member he has attacked, though. I remember Promenade (i think that is his name) was always being attacked by LeBrock in one post, and was saying the same thing. (that LeBrock was trying to make him look bad and not listening to Promenade's opinions/views.) For some reason LeBrock has accused me of things and has tried to make my reputation look bad. (see the red bar on the side, under my name.) I just found it suspicious and it seems like a form of abuse?

I had no idea how much you think I don't like you. ;)
If Angela deleted your posts they must have been abusive and violated Eupedia rules.

And for the record. I never gave you a negative reputation. You have 5 reputations given by 5 different members and all are negative. Think about this.
Just because I have a different point of view and always easily voice my opinion, it doesn't mean I'm your enemy. ;)

Well you have been talking about something negative amigo. It's not bad to talk about different things but being negative leads to more negative.

Redmayne,
LeBrok has nothing to do with your lack of reputation points.

It appears that you received negative ones because you wrote a number of posts insulting Spain and Spaniards. You're new so you may not know that this is against the rules with regards to any country or its people. Of course, you are free to disagree with how they are handling this situation.

That's it. Neither LeBroc nor I are your enemies.

Just refrain from that in the future and you'll do fine here.

I am kind of blunt so I can easily see why someone would think I am attacking Spain. So I do apologize for this.

But I am only speaking on behalf or good intentions. Because we know that Spain have done a lot of questionable things in the past. Just ask what a Native American would think on their opinion on Spain. There is no hiding that Spain has done malicious things in the past. Even the Portuguese (or French) were a lot more fair when they conquered the New World. Do you get my point?

I am kind of blunt so I can easily see why someone would think I am attacking Spain. So I do apologize for this.

But I am only speaking on behalf or good intentions. Because we know that Spain have done a lot of questionable things in the past. Just ask what a Native American would think on their opinion on Spain. There is no hiding that Spain has done malicious things in the past. Even the Portuguese (or French) were a lot more fair when they conquered the New World. Do you get my point?

There's enough blame to go around in terms of colonialism. I could post a litany of bad behavior by the Portuguese, the French, the British, the Dutch, and even the late comers, the Italians and the Germans, as well as the Americans. Any determination as to which ones were "worse" is going to be by its nature subjective, but even if there was some agreed upon objective standard, I don't see the point.

Our focus should be on making sure that we don't continue down that same path, not destroying the collegiality of the site by casting aspersions at other countries when our own were also guilty.

There's enough blame to go around in terms of colonialism. I could post a litany of bad behavior by the Portuguese, the French, the British, the Dutch, and even the late comers, the Italians and the Germans, as well as the Americans. Any determination as to which ones were "worse" is going to be by its nature subjective, but even if there was some agreed upon objective standard, I don't see the point.

Our focus should be on making sure that we don't continue down that same path, not destroying the collegiality of the site by casting aspersions at other countries when our own were also guilty.
Aspersions? What does that mean?

noun
plural noun: aspersions
an attack on the reputation or integrity of someone or something.
"I don't think anyone is casting aspersions on you"

I swear, every post from you is another trip to the dictionary

^^I'm sorry. I don't do it on purpose. It's just the way I normally speak and write. Blame it on a lifetime of reading. Before Kindle, my mother used to say that if no book or magazine was available, I would read the cereal box or construction manuals. She was right. :)

You didn't have to apologize, in fact it helps to expand my own limited vocabulary bank.
And as a kid, I would only read the cereal box
to find out if it contains a free toy (and if the box did have a piece of treasure buried within, i wouldn't wait until enough of it has been eaten, I would claw my dirty paws as deep as they could go until i felt something. I would then in a frantic hurry put the cereal pieces back in the box).

Oh and construction manuals? I would've never read that as a child! Booooooorrrring! As a 7 year old, I would've ran straight for the Nintendo, leaving it all for my dad to assemble.

This thread has been viewed 5514 times.

Back