Living DNA launching One Family One World Project in cooperation with Eupedia

I would love to see regions based on genetic differences not modern or latest historical geopolitical concepts. Collect DNA and let algorithms determine that.

This is excellent, exact approach. But, how would such results mirror f.e. recent movements of populations (f.e. data on Sudetenland)?

Maciamo check your PM box I sent you something about genetic clusters they have identified so far.

does this new project mean that Ldna is the best test out there, especially when everyone else can join in for free?

does this new project mean that Ldna is the best test out there, especially when everyone else can join in for free?
LivingDNA is a working progress. LDNA’s laboratory is located in England and it’s really new; they started commercially DNA testing costumers 2 years ago but technically the company was founded in 2004. As a consequence, LDNA only England; and to a lesser extent Scotland and Ireland is broken down into regional components.
If your Ancestors are not from The British Isles, then you unfortunately won’t get a regional breakdown for a couple more years.

Can Living DNA raw data be uploaded to gedmatch?

If your Ancestors are not from The British Isles, then you unfortunately won’t get a regional breakdown for a couple more years.
well, doesnt this new project mean that they will actually add more regions? and its better to take the test now anyway, because later they will add you to a more specific region if they update all of their new systems? and everyone can actually take part of this new project also? - aka: "If you have all four of your grandparents born within 80km of one another".
i dont know why do they advertise other sites with this project though, because they need to take the extra Ldna test anyway to be pinpointed on the new regions more precicely anyway? so the other companies' customers can basically only match to Ldna testers and not pinpoint the exact region? .....

Upgraded LivingDNA Chip: SIRIUS

... We have upgraded our SNP genotyping platform!

What is it?

... We are excited to announce that we have developed an improved SNP genotyping platform that has been tailored to match the technical requirements of the different statistical methodologies we use to analyse your data. Sirius, the new chip, has been designed using the Axiom technology from Affymetrix / Thermo Scientific, which allows a great flexibility to match every feature of the chip to our methodologies/products. In other words, Sirius will allow us to make a better use of your genetic information and to use our methods more efficiently. New features include a higher overlap between the SNPs we test for our customers and chips used by other ancestry companies and a better SNP density and distribution across the genome as we explain bellow: ....

https://www.livingdna.com/blog/370-we-have-new-chip

Does the new Sirius chip which they use now, check also for other autosomal/haplogrops markers? If it is the case, that would improve the accuracy of the previous results already obtained with Ilumina. (y)

Let's see if they will respect their promise and update the previous results using the new chip.:unsure:

Last edited:
Does the new Orion chip which they use now, check also for other autosomal/haplogrops markers? If it is the case, that would improve the accuracy of the previous results already obtained with Ilumina. (y)

Let's see if they will respect their promise and update the previous results using the new chip.:unsure:
Yea I was wondering that, but I'm not holding my breath. And they take ages living DNA

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I checked my results, and I haven't seen an update to them thus far. But I assume they would have to re-genotype another saliva sample on that chip.
I know they keep our samples of cheek cells. Probably ready processed to be tested.

So I got access to family networks and it is quite underwhelming. My only matches are my parents, which doesn't make logical sense. Should be some more matches in their database. Additionally, most of the features are still inaccessible and my parents profiles still do not have the option to upgrade at a small fee for ancestry results(like they claimed). LivingDNA seems to be full of empty promises.

Does the new Sirius chip which they use now, check also for other autosomal/haplogrops markers? If it is the case, that would improve the accuracy of the previous results already obtained with Ilumina. (y)

I asked them the question, but their answer has nothing to do with the question ...!:petrified: Blah, blah ...:useless:
And yes... LivingDNA seems to be full of empty promises.
They are totally unreliable and I will give up all contact with them from now on.

Last edited:
So I got access to family networks and it is quite underwhelming. My only matches are my parents, which doesn't make logical sense. Should be some more matches in their database. Additionally, most of the features are still inaccessible and my parents profiles still do not have the option to upgrade at a small fee for ancestry results(like they claimed). LivingDNA seems to be full of empty promises.

I've got access to the family networks as well. A little bit of a disappointment, I would say. The only matches I've seen so far is my parents and my eldest son (and of course my wife as the mother of my children). No tree view yet, only list view.

My uploaded raw file from MyHeritage indicate that I have an identical twin brother named exactly like myself. ;)

Hope they will extend the features soon (before the New Year is maybe way to optimistic to wish for).

Hope that they will be able to use our previous provided samples of cheek cells together with their new chip (even if I doubt they will without ordering and paying for a new test).

Living dna seems to be classically British in their behavior. I don't know what happened to the UK, maybe the post empire attitude has affected all of them because when I lived in the UK I never met more spacey and lazy people (sorry good British people) I think their country has become entirely apathetic and just doesn't care anymore about stuff.

Again it should go without saying, LivingDNA is dogshit and really needs to step up their game.

Very negative comments on Living DNA. But then, in this webpage the comparison gives Living DNA as the winner. I do not understand.

Very negative comments on Living DNA. But then, in this webpage the comparison gives Living DNA as the winner. I do not understand.
The test itself isn't bad just the company itself they way they interpret the results and how slow they are to do any of the things they say they will

The test itself isn't bad just the company itself they way they interpret the results and how slow they are to do any of the things they say they will

They are very slow....had my data for a year and it finally went into "Downloaded DNA "...........I guess I have to wait a bit more until I see "complete"
Only comment I ever got was that I sit deep into the Alps area somewhere

This thread has been viewed 66624 times.

Back