FTDNA is in serious trouble

Fluffy, how can anyone possibly tell what's real or fake when you aren't giving us any information?

So far you have given us a list of BY series SNP that you say are fake, but no explanation for how you know they are fake. You haven't told us how you found out you were R1b in the first place - was that a different test from FTDNA, or some other company? Did your STR profile completely change when you got the Big Y? What do you mean the ALT and REF are backwards, do you mean the columns are completely swapped in the VCF file or what? Give us something to work with here.

This is probably one of the funnier threads I have read in awhile. I can’t tell if Fluffy is serious or joking, sober or inebriated, or some type of combination. At the very least his claims are ridiculous. Mistakes occur and do not signify fraud.

On a side note the haplogroup given to me by FTDNA has been corroborated by three other companies.

I think I would call them and ask for an explanation.

So those are new SNPs which have not been put onto YBrowse yet. That doesn't mean they are fake, not all SNPs that exist will be listed on YBrowse right away.

In all this ramble of nonsense, at least the issue with fake SNPs seems to be related to the current update from hg19 to hg38. Fluffy, not only you potentially offended the reputation of the company, but you're also calling other members as "retarded". Calm down and think about it if this is the right way to seek help and deal with such situation.

This is probably one of the funnier threads I have read in awhile. I can’t tell if Fluffy is serious or joking, sober or inebriated, or some type of combination. At the very least his claims are ridiculous. Mistakes occur and do not signify fraud.

On a side note the haplogroup given to me by FTDNA has been corroborated by three other companies.

Your results are correct. Mine are not. I'm not saying its fraud. A mistake in the system? A mixed up file? The references are wrong! The genotypes are wrong. The bigY chart is wrong. Everything is flipped. Its a complete mess. An absolute disaster. The vcf file is wrong. The REF is my results and the ALT is wrong. I have the vcf and I'll be glad to E-mail it to any of you guys as proof that what I'm saying is true. The vcf contradicts the BigY results. Its a huge mistake on FTDNA.

Your results are correct. Mine are not. I'm not saying its fraud. A mistake in the system? A mixed up file? The references are wrong! The genotypes are wrong. The bigY chart is wrong. Everything is flipped. Its a complete mess. An absolute disaster. The vcf file is wrong. The REF is my results and the ALT is wrong. I have the vcf and I'll be glad to E-mail it to any of you guys as proof that what I'm saying is true. The vcf contradicts the BigY results. Its a huge mistake on FTDNA.

Dude, you already forgot what you said yesterday, and in the title post!!!

Guys thanks for the replies. Its fake. I am R1b yes. FTDNA has fraudently put me down as Haplogroup G. Its a lie guys. FTDNA is a garbage company. My whole BigY is fake my STR markers are fake. I have all the evidence I need to prosecute this company for fraud. They are a lying company. Think about it for a second the STR markers contradict each other all over the place. The bigY is full of fake SNP's with a fake chart, fake all of it. 100% a lie. I have vcf file (5 copies of it) confirming that its fake. I have e-mails of lies from their staff all of them. I have everything! All on my computer. FTDNA is looking at a lawsuit unless they pay me off to walk away.

When so many smart people give you advises how to go about this, take notice.

Thanks Lebrok. I'm going about it the wrong way yes I know. I need to settle down I know. I will resolve this diplomatically with FTDNA.

Mistakes happen, errors happen. That's why you contact FTDNA directly rather than post on and on about what you're going do to the company. Frankly an error such as this is easily fixable by communicating with them and working out the issue together.

Mistakes happen, errors happen. That's why you contact FTDNA directly rather than post on and on about what you're going do to the company. Frankly an error such as this is easily fixable by communicating with them and working out the issue together.

I agree. I am going to apologize to FTDNA for my accusations. Mistakes happen and that's that. Thanks for your advice.

Sounds like bs.

That's your opinion Dema and your entitled to it. I'm not saying anymore about the topic.

Sounds like bs.
What is? He did apologize for accusing ftdna for committing fraud.

Hopefully this issue will eventually be resolved.

Thanks a lot Davef. Yes I'm hoping it gets resolved.

Will do Davef! I keep you posted on everything.

People that are saying I'm wrong or its bs need to see a psychiatrist now. They need help. And I feel bad for them. Really I feel bad. Why do I feel bad? I feel bad because their intelligence level is so low that it makes me laugh. Its actually funny to me. I have given my password out. I have given my vcf out. How much more proof do you need to see that the whole thing is a lie. LOL. You either have IQ that barely breaks 95 or your working for FTDNA.

People that are saying I'm wrong or its bs need to see a psychiatrist now. They need help. And I feel bad for them. Really I feel bad. Why do I feel bad? I feel bad because their intelligence level is so low that it makes me laugh. Its actually funny to me. I have given my password out. I have given my vcf out. How much more proof do you need to see that the whole thing is a lie. LOL. You either have IQ that barely breaks 95 or your working for FTDNA.

Advise:
Change Your Password. Don’t feel bad, they’re picking on you.
Good Luck with FTDNA.

Advise:
Change Your Password. Don’t feel bad, they’re picking on you.
Good Luck with FTDNA.
I agree with Salento's post.

I know how you feel, they have your money and you expect them to deliver. Hopefully, they'll work hard to get this thing under control.

This thread has been viewed 27154 times.

Back