FTDNA is in serious trouble

Advise:
Change Your Password. Don’t feel bad, they’re picking on you.
Good Luck with FTDNA.

Thanks Salento. I don't feel bad. Not at all. I do feel betrayed a little bit though.

Fluffy, first you write:

I'm going about it the wrong way yes I know. I need to settle down I know. I will resolve this diplomatically with FTDNA.

and

I am going to apologize to FTDNA for my accusations. Mistakes happen and that's that. Thanks for your advice.

and then again:

People that are saying I'm wrong or its bs need to see a psychiatrist now. They need help. And I feel bad for them. Really I feel bad. Why do I feel bad? I feel bad because their intelligence level is so low that it makes me laugh. Its actually funny to me. I have given my password out. I have given my vcf out. How much more proof do you need to see that the whole thing is a lie. LOL. You either have IQ that barely breaks 95 or your working for FTDNA.

You continue with accusing FTDNA and personally attacking other members who are trying to help you or simply have their own freedom to express their opinion. If you think you have higher intelligence level than the others, then you should know that an intelligent person does not write such comments either. It is not funny at all, it's not laughable. I will write it only once again, calm down.

Fluffy, first you write:

and

and then again:

You continue with accusing FTDNA and personally attacking other members who are trying to help you or simply have their own freedom to express their opinion. If you think you have higher intelligence level than the others, then you should know that an intelligent person does not write such comments either. It is not funny at all, it's not laughable. I will write it only once again, calm down.

I know I need to calm down. I'm way too hyper. Sorry for offending anyone.

I checked his file and there's nothing wrong with it that I can see. If anyone knows Fluffy personally and can talk him down please do.

I'm probably going to regret stepping into this but having reviewed the VCF in question, FTDNA is correct in judging the result to be Haplogroup G. The SNP signature is a perfect match to ISOGG's G2a2b2a1a1b1b where there are calls.

Fluffy, my recommendation is to reevaluate your personal analysis of the file. The call for U152 as listed in your haplogroup is the ancestral C value with 43 reads. Keep in mind that the ancestral and reference values shown in resources such as ybrowse.org or the ISOGG index do not always directly correlate to the reference and alt values found in a VCF. Most of the reference Y chromosome is actually derived from a R-U152 man. The SNPs involved in this region of the R tree are reversed in a VCF report. You just have to know how to read the call. A 0/0 genotype indicates the sample has the reference allele. A 1/1 genotype indicates the sample has the derived allele. Compare the observed allele in the test with the SNP's ancestral and derived values. The one it matches is the answer to if you have the SNP or not.

If you don't trust that FTDNA has run the correct tests on your DNA sample, submit another sample at a different lab but I recommend exhausting the options of FTDNA to ensure the tested the correct sample.

You just have to know how to read the call. A 0/0 genotype indicates the sample has the reference allele. A 1/1 genotype indicates the sample has the derived allele..

Ugh... that should have read a 1/1 genotype indicates the sample has the alternate allele.

This thread has been viewed 27238 times.

Back