If your blood type is rhesus negative, what is your mtDNA (and y-DNA)?

I'm new here and not as well-versed in my genetic makeup. But, I'm B negative, as are mother and my son. My MTDNA is T2B.

I am O rh neg. My Y haplogroup is R1b-L21 (DF13, DF5, terminal SNP BY154246). My mtDNA is J1c3b2.

Whole nuclear family, including living grandparents are 0. 75% RH -.
Not sure about my MTDNA, have to test that, but my Y is J-FT29003

Rhesus negative and dna

Hi I am A rhesus negative and mtdna is J (ancestry mostly Welsh and western parts of England). FTDNA autosomal result is 8% Bronze Age/Steppe, 40% farmer and 52% Mesolithic/hunter gatherer (which seems unusually high on the hunter gatherer but not sure how to check this.

This was suggested by A.E. Mourant:
https://www.rhesusnegative.net/staynegative/did-neanderthals-become-rh-negative/

We were interested in discovering where Rh-negative may have originated. We therefore drew up a “weather-map” of the genic distribution of Rhnegative. The resulting isogenic map led us to conclude that Rh-negative originated in Southwestern France. We conjectured the period at about 50,000 years, and the population probably a Neanderthaloid-like (!) one.

My YDNA is I1-S122289, mtDNA is H3aa and my blood group is O rhs negative.

I am Y DNA haplogroup I1 (S19986) and my maternal haplogroup is T1a1 (full mitochondrial sequence on FTDNA).

I'm not exactly sure what my blood type is: I'm definitely O but I'm not sure about my Rhesus status, to which I will soon explain.

In my 7th grade science class we once had a class project of learning our blood types with EldonCards: I wasn't sure what to make of my results so I took them up to the teacher, and he exclaimed, "You're O negative, the universal donor!"

In the late summer of 2010 I tested with 23andMe; I also decided to retest my blood type with another EldonCard: the results were clear to me that I was still O negative.

Then my 23andMe results came in and the "experimental" blood type test feature said that I was O postive (+/-).

A few years later both my parents tested with 23andMe and their "experimental" blood type predictions were: O negative (-/-) for my father (maternal haplogroup V) and O positive (-/+) for my mother.

My brother is O negative as far as I understand: he once donated blood in his teenage years with a girlfriend and became very popular with the Red Cross for a while.

When I had to reconcile my EldonCard results with my predicted DNA results was when I first heard of Weak D blood types. I'm still wondering just what exactly my Rhesus status is.

The "experimental" blood type feature was something that 23andMe had on their site from at least 2010 to a few years later when they scrapped it.

There was a long thread about blood types on the old discussion boards of 23andMe- which no longer exist. I was the only one that seemed to have an issue with the rhesus prediction.
I originally tested on the v2 and then upgraded to the v3 on 23andMe (I just re-checked my raw data (v2/v3) and it says I'm not genotyped for that SNP; so, I wonder what 23andMe was using to determine rhesus blood type in their experimental feature).
I couldn't remember the SNP for rhesus blood typing, so I looked it up on SNPedia: it's rs590787.

The "experimental" blood type feature was something that 23andMe had on their site from at least 2010 to a few years later when they scrapped it.
Those people are jokesters as are all of the "geneticists" dismissive of blood types being connected to heritage and ancestries. Tunnel-vision idiots.

I’ m O-.

Y-Dna - I-CTS6433

mtDNA - H6a1b2

% Neanderthal – 1,98%

This thread has been viewed 24276 times.

Back