If your blood type is rhesus negative, what is your mtDNA (and y-DNA)?

firetown

Banned
Reaction score
I am running a Facebook page for rhesus negative people and am heavily involved in studies regarding the rh negative blood factor and rh negative people.
What has brought me to this forum to begin with is my interest in seeing if there are any genetic markers where the percentage of rh negatives amongst those with these markers is higher than in others.
Usually frequencies are measured by countries which is pretty useless to me considering oftentimes huge differences by region which for example can be seen in Chile where there is a significant amount of Basques with high rh negative percentages and also areas of natives with less than 1 percent rh negative blood.

So far I have noticed that men with R1b of course tend to have higher percentages of rh negatives (as Celtic regions generally do).
In the case of mtDNA it would be T, J, JT and V where I have detected relatively high percentages.

Unfortunately many in my network are not aware of their own genetic data, so the numbers I have are due to limited participation, even though I have entered some Facebook groups related to the above mentioned DNA markers where significant amounts of members were in fact rh negative.

Since most here seem to have taken a DNA test, I am hoping to gain some more clarity and would love to know from those who are rh negative, what their DNA results are. I am also curious what percentage of Neanderthal DNA you carry.

I apologize in advance to those of you who are rh positive as this must be boring to you.
But what I am very interested in is "going back in time" to see how blood type frequencies may have looked in ancient times and if in fact there was an "rh negative hotspot" somewhere that may lead to answers regarding subject matters such as health differences and other types of characteristics which may shine some light on questions I am trying to answer.

Thanks a lot in advance!

My father is O negative. His Y-dna is R1a-YP445, a proto-Balto-Slavic clade that somehow became nestled in a Germanic tribe. I do not know his mtDna; the furthest back I can trace his female line descent is his maternal grandmother's mother, who was named Hartman and was either Dutch or Low German (Nana said she was Dutch so we'll go with that). As neither I nor my two siblings are negative, it is my belief that our mother is not a carrier of the negative allele; i.e., she is homozygous positive. As my father's father left the family when my father was young, I know nothing of his family save for what census records can tell us, although I may have met a distant cousin from that side on a genealogical website. Learning what I could from my grandparents' Los Angeles County marriage certificate, he was born in Illinois and his mother's maiden name was Brady, so he was part Irish. The rest of him was German, going back in records to his paternal grandfather's parents, who were both born in Germany.

My son is O-. I-M253. I am sure that my father carried the negative, he was R1b-U106, and I believe that my husbands mother carried the negative, she is K1c1. Both my husband and I are positive as well as both of our parents.

PM me if you want their gedmatch kit #'s

I am RH neg A and my Haplogroup Y- R1b DF13 & Haplogroup MT-T2a1b. I am male. It seems that people don't know that we get RH factors from both parents. We each have two factors that determine what our RH is. A parent (or us) can be (masked) RH neg - meaning having both Rh pos and Rh neg (one of each). They will show as RH pos because the test will see the one RH pos factor, therefore show them as RH pos. A child can inherit either one of their factors. It is possible to have a RH neg child even though both parents show RH pos on a test. As well as one of them showing RH pos.

I am almost 50% Irish/Celtic and English - 30% Dutch from my European Ancestors. Cherokee Indian from my American side.(several other tribes also showed on my test). Neanderthal variants were 258 (less than 4% of my DNA)

A good way to think about RH factors are RH neg as well (as O blood type) are that they absent of markers, so if a parent has markers (in the case of RH factor, both of one parent are pos) so will the child. Type "o" mother that has a child with a man that is A, B or AB type the child won't be O type for there is presence of a marker that will be passed on.

Last edited:
I'm A-.
Paternal haplogroup is J-M172, the maternal one H1e.
Dad is A- like me, mummy is B-.
We are northern/central italians, coming from eastern Emilia (Copparo, nearby Ferrara) and Romagna (especially the countryside of Rimini and Forlì).

Hello there!

I'm Rh neg A, paternal: R1b-L21, Maternal: H3b and less than 4% neanderthal (242 variants according to 23andme). My mother was also rhesus negative.

I am O-
Y-dna : R1b - DF 103
Mtdna : H1bm

AB- Here. Mother is AB-. Father is B+. mtdna H11a2, ydna R1a-L1029

I think my mom is Rh-. She's only done auDNA, but I can pass you a GEDMatch number if I confirm her blood type and you're interested.

O-, mtDNA H

Eurogenes K36:
Fennoscandian 33,46
East Central Euro 21,12
Eastern Euro 19,21
Central Euro 8,83
North Atlantic 7,77
Volga-Ural 3,41
North Sea 2,96
French 1,96
East Balkan 1,25

A-, E-V13, and fully Albanian. The Rh- comes from my father's side.

My son is O-. I-M253. I am sure that my father carried the negative, he was R1b-U106, and I believe that my husbands mother carried the negative[aka- universal donor], she is K1c1. Both my husband and I are positive as well as both of our parents.

PM me if you want their gedmatch kit #'s

You and your husband may may show rh positive; however your son is rh-negative- . That means that both you and your husband carry recessive genes for rh negative.

Im R1b-BY593+---Ao--rh negative
My wife oo- rh negative
3 sons all rh negative
1]Ao rh negative
2]Ao rh negative
3]oo rh negative

I'm A-.
Paternal haplogroup is J-M172, the maternal one H1e.
Dad is A- like me, mummy is B-.
We are northern/central italians, coming from eastern Emilia (Copparo, nearby Ferrara) and Romagna (especially the countryside of Rimini and Forlì).
I am interested in regional frequency data from various parts of Italy. From what I have seen, Rh(D) negative frequencies vary greatly. In particular, my interest is in today's frequencies in Tuscany.

I am O- and my mtdna is T2b4. My mother was O+

My Father's Y haplogroup was R-M269.

I am interested is this as well. I am Y-DNA R-BY3265 and my Mtdna is J1B3A. Both me and my father are 0-, my Mother is AB-. I share 1% Neanderthal and 1% Denisovans.

Firetown Thanks. I was not aware of this, this give me something else to research. Thanks again!!!

I am running a Facebook page for rhesus negative people and am heavily involved in studies regarding the rh negative blood factor and rh negative people.
What has brought me to this forum to begin with is my interest in seeing if there are any genetic markers where the percentage of rh negatives amongst those with these markers is higher than in others.
Usually frequencies are measured by countries which is pretty useless to me considering oftentimes huge differences by region which for example can be seen in Chile where there is a significant amount of Basques with high rh negative percentages and also areas of natives with less than 1 percent rh negative blood.

So far I have noticed that men with R1b of course tend to have higher percentages of rh negatives (as Celtic regions generally do).
In the case of mtDNA it would be T, J, JT and V where I have detected relatively high percentages.

Unfortunately many in my network are not aware of their own genetic data, so the numbers I have are due to limited participation, even though I have entered some Facebook groups related to the above mentioned DNA markers where significant amounts of members were in fact rh negative.

Since most here seem to have taken a DNA test, I am hoping to gain some more clarity and would love to know from those who are rh negative, what their DNA results are. I am also curious what percentage of Neanderthal DNA you carry.

I apologize in advance to those of you who are rh positive as this must be boring to you.
But what I am very interested in is "going back in time" to see how blood type frequencies may have looked in ancient times and if in fact there was an "rh negative hotspot" somewhere that may lead to answers regarding subject matters such as health differences and other types of characteristics which may shine some light on questions I am trying to answer.

Thanks a lot in advance!

I'm E-V22 with A rhesus negative.

This thread has been viewed 24275 times.

Back