sz3wehJ.png

Italians & Iberians

9r4dt2m.png

Italians, Iberians, and British

2pDwDMI.png

Italians, Iberians, British, and "European"

Here's a description of the European populations they are comparing

Toscani from Italy
Samples collected in a small town near Florence in the Tuscany region of Italy. All of the samples are from unrelated individuals who identified themselves as having at least three out of four Tuscan grandparents. These samples, while not genetically "atypical", do not necessarily represent all Tuscans, nor all Italians, whose population history is complex.

Iberian populations in Spain
Individuals collected throughout the Spanish territory. In order to assure representativeness of all geographical areas, samples were collected from individuals who identified themselves as having been born in the area and having all four grandparents (two generations) born in the same area. The total number of geographical areas was 50, corresponding to the 50 administrative provinces (geographical areas surrounding a medium-large city) which constitute Spain, including the area in the Iberian Peninsula as well as the islands. All samples consist of mother-father-adult child trios. At least two trios were collected from each province, smaller entities than the 17 different autonomous regions of Spain. Thus, this set of samples can be viewed as generally representative of the population of Spain, with a broad geographic spread. The overall group contains some individuals from the Basque Country and from the Canary Islands, sometimes regarded as differentiated genetically.

Finnish in Finland
All samples were collected from unrelated individuals from Finland. All individuals identified themselves as having at least three out of four grandparents who were born in Finland, and 98% of individuals participating have all four grandparents born in Finland. The participants include some individuals with grandparents born in Finnish Karelia, a part of Finland until 1947, who also represent the Finnish population.

British in England and Scotland
Samples collected in Cornwall and Kent (England) and Orkney and Argyll & Bute (Scotland), as part of a larger ongoing project (The People of the British Isles - A UK Control population). All of the samples are from unrelated individuals who identified themselves as having all four of their grandparents born in the same rural area; each rural area was generally defined as being less than 40 miles apart from the next rural area. These samples can be considered representative of the areas in the UK from which they were collected.

Edit: for some reason downloading the png cuts off the legend. Here's a screencap of the whole thing:

tTbbM4A.png

I tried the calculator but have a little trouble understanding what it is about. I got very similar results as you since I am european (Hungarian). My question is. Why are there so few populations represented? And what does the results tell me other than being somewhere between Finnish, iberian and Italian?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, the attachments come up as invalid. Could you embed them with imgur, or a similar image hosting website?
Sure my bad
G1vqd
cnaYfw

Attachments

• afb10er - Imgur.png
    afb10er - Imgur.png
    46.1 KB · Views: 138
I tried the calculator but have a little trouble understanding what it is about. I got very similar results as you since I am european (Hungarian). My question is. Why are there so few populations represented? And what does the results tell me other than being somewhere between Finnish, iberian and Italian?

The calculator is supposed to be using populations from the 1000 genomes project as a reference according to their descriptions:

Example:

TSI
Toscani in Italia EUR 1 1 1
FIN Finnish in Finland EUR 1 1 1
GBR British in England and Scotland EUR 1 1 1
IBS Iberian Population in Spain EUR 1 1 1
http://www.internationalgenome.org/faq/which-populations-are-part-your-study

However, I'm a bit confused, because I don't think they're supposed to overlap like that in regards to the European samples. At least not from any of the PCAs I've seen before.

Simply they use HapMap dataset for Europe. I can make such PCA from this data also. Why pay for it?

Simply they use HapMap dataset for Europe. I can make such PCA from this data also. Why pay for it?

How would you go about this? A good PCA would place someone in their country of ancestry.

That would be great :)

(dont mind me, i have to respond a few times to post a link :(

part 1

Here are my results, too my knowledge and research I am predominately of Colonial American descent, mostly English heritage spanning back too 300 - 400 years on average, I also have some colonial Scottish, Irish, Dutch, Pennsylvania Dutch, and other German heritage, my English heritage is about 60% then i am 1/8+ Irish, 1/8+ German, 1/8 Sicilian, I am aware i may have a very tiny percentage of Cherokee ancestry, about 1/128 too my knowledge, if my research and oral tradition holds up, some of those ancestors lived in Chota and Great Hiwassee, my ancestors have lived in almost every state on the East Coast of the United States, coming from Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama, Kentucky, Illinois, Ohio, New York, Missouri,

part 2

Oklahoma, New Mexico, Texas, Maryland, Delaware, the ones who have migrated to the south were old american settlers predominately of british isles descent, too my knowledge. my most recent immigrant ancestors were two of my 2nd great grandparents who were from messina sicily, and palermo, other then that, I had a 3rd great grandma who was from england and a 3rd great grandmother who was born to parents who came from the region of Pomerania in germany, and considered themselves prussian, so some paperwork said. and then I have four, 4th great

part 3

grandparents who were born in ireland and came over during the irish potato famine, and 3.5 great grandparents who were born in germany, every other ancestor of mine has much older Northeastern American, Colonial heritage, I am have a hispanic ancestor who migrated to the carolinas,

part 4 of 5

of my family, and I do not think they are aware of such heritage either, but who knows :) hope this information helps anyone out there! I dont see many Colonial american results in many places.

-these messages will be irreverent so i can post the link too my PCA

-hope everyone is having a splendid day, and staying healthy and safe during this awful time :(

Im really excited to start using this site, its so informative :)

okay here is my PCA

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:
QNZxvKh.png

This thread has been viewed 15892 times.

Back