AdeoF

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Spanish
Y-DNA haplogroup
R-L21 (R-DF13)
mtDNA haplogroup
H1 (H1h1) or (H1e1)
I just got my Living DNA results and i'm Spainish in Galicia (Sorry the images came out like this)

My mtDNA Haplogroup: H1
Subclade: H1h1

My Y-DNA Haplogroup: R-L21 (How on earth did I get that and not DF27?)
Subclade: R-DF13 (How did get that?)

DNA in full

Europe 98.5%

Europe (South) 68.8%

Iberian Peninsula 51.1%

Tuscany 15.9% (Odd I was thinking i would get more north Italian??)
Sardinia 1.8%

Great Britain and Ireland 22.8%
Devon 3.8%
Southeast England 3.2%
South Central England 2.5%
Lincolnshire 2.4%
Northwest Scotland 2.3%
North Yorkshire 2.2%
East Anglia 2.1%
South Wales 2%
Northumbria 1.3%
Aberdeenshire 1.1%

Europe (North and West) 6.8%
France 5.5%
Scandinavia 1.3%

Africa 1.5% (Very Possible it is pre-Moorish Spain)
North Africa 1.5%

If you want any more info, just ask!

Interesting results.

From what the results I have seen so far, the Tuscany/Central Italy seems to correlate with ancient Roman ancestry. It is between 10 and 20% among Belgians, in accord with potential Roman Y-DNA. In 23andMe Galicia has the highest percentage of Italian in Spain, so I am not surprised to see 16% of "Tuscan" (read ancient Roman).

The 22.8% of British and Irish probably represents essentially Celtic ancestry linked to R1b-P312 (L21, DF27...), although some of the East English (Southeast England, East Anglia, Yorkshire) is probably more Germanic, along with the 1.3% of Scandinavian.

Interesting results.

From what the results I have seen so far, the Tuscany/Central Italy seems to correlate with ancient Roman ancestry. It is between 10 and 20% among Belgians, in accord with potential Roman Y-DNA. In 23andMe Galicia has the highest percentage of Italian in Spain, so I am not surprised to see 16% of "Tuscan" (read ancient Roman).

The 22.8% of British and Irish probably represents essentially Celtic ancestry linked to R1b-P312 (L21, DF27...), although some of the East English (Southeast England,East Anglia, Yorkshire) is probably more Germanic, along with the 1.3% of Scandinavian.

Hey they Updated my results and now it looks a bit different. But I don't get the north turkey with the unassigned.(Possibility Byzantine Empire??).

Europe 95.9%
Europe (South) 69.7%
Iberian Peninsula 50%
Tuscany 16.6%
Sardinia 2%
North Italy 1.2%

Great Britain and Ireland 19.4%
North Yorkshire 3.8%
Lincolnshire 2.6%
Aberdeenshire 2.3%
South Central England 2.2%
Devon 2.1%
South Wales 2%
East Anglia 1.7%
Southeast England 1.5%
Northumbria 1.4%

Europe (North and West) 6.7%
France 6.7%

Near East 2.6%
North Turkey 2.6%

Africa 1.5%
North Africa 1.5%

(On a little note, this is the first time a update has happened on a DNA website. I have to say that's really impressive. Hopefully more information will come in 2018.)

It's very strange that they should update your results within a few days. It's even odder that the changes are so big. It's not just Turkey, but Scandinavia and Northwest Scotland disappeared, Tuscany, Sardinia and France increased and all the percentages within Britain changed! I was not informed of any major revision in the ethnic breakdown calculations. I wonder why that happened.

i think the north italy cluster in living dna is the roman dna signature
because even kurds score tuscany in living dna don't believe they have roman genes

North Turkey seems absurd.

North Turkey seems absurd.
agree with you but rest of his result look logic :)
i think living dna go much farther than 2000 years maybe even to neolithic time
maybe that would explain why i saw a kurd who scored 17.9% tuscany in complete mode
this kurd is not pure as he is 1/4 turkish but still .... i think those are shared early european farmers genes ....
i think maciamo is correct about the british in galician as ancient celtic shared allells. :)

because even kurds score tuscany in living dna don't believe they have roman genes

What if Central and South Italians with Great Britain and Ireland results, actually indicates the opposite.
Could it be 2000+ years old Roman-Italian DNA mistaken for British ?
Some score over 10% G. Britain, with not known connections, plus are from and look like Central or S.Italians.
Because N.Italians have higher N.European Ancestry, I didn’t include them. Even if the same theory, to a degree should apply to them too.

i think the north italy clusterin living dna is the roman dna signature

There is no such thing as Roman DNA signature on Living DNA. Kurds can also score North Italy and British and Germanic. On the other hand, some full English or Scots score Kurd or Caucasus.

Never take these results too literaly, especially when you can not really verify all the ancestry of the person they belong to. At the most it is about ancient shared ancestry. Obviously assuming the results are accurate. But are they really accurate? I have seen many examples of strange results on Living DNA. Moreover, results change frequently.

i saw a kurd who scored 17.9% tuscany in complete mode

He also scores North Italy, Aegean/South Italy, and traces of British, Germanic, East Balkans. I don't think he is full Kurd, his surname is Turkish, not Kurd, and common among Ashkenazi Jews (but this is perhaps just a coincidence).

Last edited:
There is no such thing as Roman DNA signature on Living DNA. Kurds can also score North Italy and British and Germanic. On the other hand, some full English or Scots score Kurd or Caucasus.

Never take these results too literaly, especially when you can not really verify all the ancestry of the person they belong to. At the most it is about ancient shared ancestry. Obviously assuming the results are accurate. But are they really accurate? I have seen many examples of strange results on Living DNA. Moreover, results change frequently.

He also scores North Italy, Aegean/South Italy, and traces of British, Germanic, East Balkans. I don't think he is full Kurd, his surname is Turkish, not Kurd, and common among Ashkenazi Jews (but this is perhaps just a coincidence).

i mentioned later that this kurd is 1/4 turkish ...... this can account partly for his east balkan and the aegean
salento many central italians score north atlantic and north sea in eurogenes k36
this can maybe account for the 10% british in living dna

I don’t think the Tuscan percentages are representative of a Roman Signature. I’m French Canadian and Wallonia Belgian and both my parents speak French because of the Romans yet I received 0% Tuscan.

Roman soldiers and settlers came from all over the empire so I’m not even sure what a Roman Signature would look like.

My guess is that Living DNA is using modern Tuscan samples from 1000 Genomes and it’s representative of some sort of EEF Signature that is also found in modern Tuscans.

I don’t think the Tuscan percentages are representative of a Roman Signature. I’m French Canadian and Wallonia Belgian and both my parents speak French because of the Romans yet I received 0% Tuscan.

Roman soldiers and settlers came from all over the empire so I’m not even sure what a Roman Signature would look like.

It's not because you do not score it, results may vary from person to person, the reason is because Roman signature does not exist on Living DNA.

My guess is that Living DNA is using modern Tuscan samples from 1000
Genomes and it’s representative of some sort of EEF Signature that is
also found in modern Tuscans.

Tuscans aren't pure EEF, so it can't be representative either of some sort of EEF signature. Tuscans are EEF + Yamnaya (70% + 30%) but LBK_EN (Early Neolithic) is already 10/20% WHG.

8febCZs.jpg

0MvCMXw.jpg

KNlJVjn.jpg

Nobody knows what the ancient Romans were like genetically so we can't jump the ship and say "they were Tuscans" or *insert any other Italian or any other ethnic group here*.

Last edited:
I don't think he is full Kurd, his surname is Turkish, not Kurd, and common among Ashkenazi Jews (but this is perhaps just a coincidence).

Surname law accepted in 1934 under the large Turkicification period, so many Kurd use Turkish surnames.

Such as Kurdish Rebel Leader Abdullah ÖCALAN
as Kurdish President Candidate in next June Election, Selahattin DEMİRTAŞ
as Previous leader of one of the Kurd Parties in Turkey, Ahmet TÜRK

Surname law accepted in 1934 under the large Turkicification period, so many Kurd use Turkish surnames.

Such as Kurdish Rebel Leader Abdullah ÖCALAN
as Kurdish President Candidate in next June Election, Selahattin DEMİRTAŞ
as Previous leader of one of the Kurd Parties in Turkey, Ahmet TÜRK

Thanks, as mentioned in a previous message, he said not to be entirely Kurdish, but also of Turkish origin.

Thanks, as mentioned in a previous message, he said not to be entirely Kurdish, but also of Turkish origin.
I got it in previous post. My point is that Kurdish Surname is extremly rare in Turkey even for full Kurds.

This thread has been viewed 10980 times.

Back