Illyrian Skulls in Iliria Scientific Journals

Johane Derite

Reaction score
Y-DNA haplogroup
E-V13>Z5018>FGC33625
mtDNA haplogroup
U1a1a
Here is the link for high quality scans of the ILIRIA journal: http://www.persee.fr/collection/iliri

All texts are bilingual, some have english translation most have french.

These are just SOME skulls that i screenshotted and compiled in one images. Taken from volume 12, 15, 18 if i'm not mistaken.
There are MANY more skulls in other volumes that I saw, and I did not go through all of them yet. It's an absolute shame
that most of them were before DNA sequencing was possible, who knows what has happened to them in the post communist
chaos.

Please notice that most of these illyrian skulls are either explicitly brachycephalic or meso tending towards brachy. Open the image in a
new tab if you want to see it in full size:

aPpeJU3.jpg

Very cool. Can they extract Y-DNA from the Skull? or infer anything based on autosomal data?

Very cool. Can they extract Y-DNA from the Skull? or infer anything based on autosomal data?

The most DNA rich part of a skeleton is the inner ear bone. So if these skeletons are still around and not entirely fossilized then yes.

I have no information about where they are stored now. Maybe it's mentioned in these articles. Download and back them all up if you
can just in case, who knows they might get lost one day also.

The most DNA rich part of a skeleton is the inner ear bone. So if these skeletons are still around and not entirely fossilized then yes.

I have no information about where they are stored now. Maybe it's mentioned in these articles. Download and back them all up if you
can just in case, who knows they might get lost one day also.

Great! Will do.

are they fresh found skulls or are they from an older collection ?

These are from illyrian burial sites all across albania. The ones i put in these images are from volumes 12, 15, 18 of the Iliria scientific journal if i recall correctly. There were many many more i only compiled some in one image. Those volumes are from the 80s, the skulls from burial sites that are photographed did not have time to check the dates for.

The sight is well managed and has a good search function.

Search the iliria collection for any variation of kafk/kafkë/kafka (skull in albanian) or skull in french and all the necessary info should pop up.

Please provide more information on these skulls. I happen to know an Albanian geneticist who's collaborated with many international scientists. We desperately need ancient data :D

Please provide more information on these skulls. I happen to know an Albanian geneticist who's collaborated with many international scientists. We desperately need ancient data :D

I havw linked high quality scans of the scientific journals in the first comment im currently out posting on my phone. But if you have an albanian geneticist friend i would urge you go through these journals or tell him to. All the burial sites for the skulls are cited and each individual article has its author listed, with this information its not too difficult to track people down i think. Would be of great value to get them tested. Just search kafk/kafka/kafkë and you will get many results from the Iliria journals to sift through. There are many MANY more skulls than in this image, i only compiled some.

This means we have a better chance of finding maybe at least one to test(lazaridis' paper on mycaneans had around 4-8 samples if im not mistaken).

Please do send him this link to the articles! : )

They look like my head... I am Ancient Ilirian.

Yep... Heads + Ydna are same as Illyrians.

They look like my head... I am Ancient Ilirian.
Broder, when are you going to test at YSEQ? Don't make me come to your door, no more excuses. Fustan, kick him in the ass and make sure he spits on a cup since you're closer to him :D

Broder, when are you going to test at YSEQ? Don't make me come to your door, no more excuses. Fustan, kick him in the ass and make sure he spits on a cup since you're closer to him :D

He is almost two meters man and impossible to reach! But I Will Try...

at the same time this study shows that Albanian pop is still among the most brachycephallic european pops and that as them it shows a trend towards decrease in CI index (about 87 around the 40's)... but the shapes are still there.

PERSEE is a french serious collection: no bias; but it contains works of various times more or less up to date or reliable for modern scientific standards - a useful source nevertheless

What's the historical source which supports those skulls were Illyrian also how can we be sure that modern people who call themselves as Albanian are indeed descendants of Illyrian tribes?

This thread has been viewed 11111 times.

Back