Will Islam Ever Be Banned?

lee1962

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Indigenous European
I think it's inevitable it will be banned somewhere in Europe sooner or later. I can't see there being any other outcome; one of the eastern European countries will probably be the first and then the dam will burst. Things can't, and won't be able to continue as they are now.

How will Islam be banned? What practically will this mean? In certain western European countries being a member of certain neo-Nazi groups or political parties is proscribed...maybe the same will apply to Islam?

I'm just wondering.

Ridiculous. LOL If or when Islam is ever banned, all other religions will be banned along with it.

Ridiculous. LOL If or when Islam is ever banned, all other religions will be banned along with it.

The mobile phone will destroy most religions within the next 2 generations.............populace ignorance of the world kept all religions so numerous in numbers in the past and in the present, that with the mobile, the people will see how others live in society and will demand changes. the loser will firstly be all religions

I think it's inevitable it will be banned somewhere in Europe sooner or later. I can't see there being any other outcome; one of the eastern European countries will probably be the first and then the dam will burst. Things can't, and won't be able to continue as they are now.

How will Islam be banned? What practically will this mean? In certain western European countries being a member of certain neo-Nazi groups or political parties is proscribed...maybe the same will apply to Islam?

I'm just wondering.
For your information. In many east european countries there are indigenous population who are Muslim for hundreds of years.

I'm just wondering.

Its correct to say that Islam will fade away the way Christianity is! Most Christians today are formally christians but they do not necessary follow the teachings. Islam will be no exception. I don't think there will be forced banning! But Islamic countries teach evolution as well. more proofs of evolution less Islam

Nope and neither should it be. What should be outlawed is extemism and brainwashing those who are gullible enough into committing dangerous acts. I can amass a group of Christians with the same gullible mindset and convince them that if they blow themselves up in front of a crowd at a parade, Jesus will reward them with a new car.

it took 600 years for Europe to evolve from Christian dominated to secular
it was a proces which started with the renaissance
I don't see Islam changing and losing its grip on biassed and ignorant societies within 2-3 generations

For your information. In many east european countries there are indigenous population who are Muslim for hundreds of years.

Yes, and it's also worth noting that not even Christianity is indigenous to Europe in the pure, unadulterated sense; all of the Abrahamic religions stem from belief systems from the Middle East.

It's never the religion. It's how it is institutionalised for bad purpose. In fact I'm on the same opinion like davef.

The mobile phone will destroy most religions within the next 2 generations.............populace ignorance of the world kept all religions so numerous in numbers in the past and in the present, that with the mobile, the people will see how others live in society and will demand changes. the loser will firstly be all religions

that is an interesting thoughjt,
but through moblie also you can 'participate' to a religious ceremony

I do not think that islam will ever be banned, or need to be banned,

simply
1) Islam must reject and fight the pervert Islamists,
and not wait from the West to do so,

2) State law and Human rights are above Sharia law,
Sharia law is for those who accepted,
you can not force the non muslims to accept Islam's law,
you can discuss and maybe convince them,
But you can not force them,
so the ones who wants to follow the Law
let them Follow it, at the meter that this is possible,
and not in an anti-human behavour

if the above are accepted,
then no need to bann Islam

It is supposed that by 2050 islam will take over christianity regarding the most spread religion worldwide. I hope that some reforms will happen. It would be sad to have today the same phylosophy or interpretation of reality as innyear 700 ad.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Eupedia Forum mobile app

A religion gaining dominance doesn't lead to society having the same views as those who were around during its founding. Pockets may exist here and there but most societies aren't burning women for being witches like the ones around during biblical times.

I do not think that islam will ever be banned, or need to be banned,

simply
1) Islam must reject and fight the pervert Islamists,
and not wait from the West to do so,

2) State law and Human rights are above Sharia law,
Sharia law is for those who accepted,
you can not force the non muslims to accept Islam's law,
you can discuss and maybe convince them,
But you can not force them,
so the ones who wants to follow the Law
let them Follow it, at the meter that this is possible,
and not in an anti-human behavour

if the above are accepted,
then no need to bann Islam

there is no such thing as "Islamists" that's a made up word by your people , there is "Khawarij" of those group who got out of the right path (such as ISIS) most of their victims are actually Muslims and most of their operations are in Islamic countries even though Israel was nearby they shot 0 bullets at it (they claim to do Jihad against "Non-Believers")
the Khawarij are known to consider Muslims as "Non-Believers" that must be killed , and that only THEM are the true Muslims (look at ISIS speaches and you will notice that)
all of that because of their false interpenetration of Quran and Sunnah
and fun fact , nobody fought them more than 1) the Kurds .. 2)Iraqi Army .. 3)Free Syrian Army
also most of ISIS attacks are against those 3 groups

so nobody is waiting for your westerners to attack .. the war have been happening since pre 2013

All people who want to live under the Quran Sharia instead of secular rules are islamist, so it is not same with khawarji.

Banning Islam or any other religion would be counter-productive and a breach of human rights (freedom of association and the right to free speech). I think there is a case for withdrawing state subsidies, tax breaks and state support for any religion, however. Compulsory secular education may be the best antidote to religious fundamentalism of any kind. Religious schools should not be state funded, and they should be required to teach the same secular curriculum as state schools.

Fundamentalist Islam is strongest among poorly educated rural populations in Islamic countries. Not all fundamentalist Muslims support terrorism or jihad against the West, but the minority of Muslims who are jihadists are all fundamentalists. Fundamentalist Christianity is also a problem, in Africa, and particularly in the USA, where it has a malign influence on politics, on issues such as gay rights, abortion and teaching evolution. Around 80-90% of fundamentalist Christians voted for Trump, they are the backbone of his support. The revival of fundamentalist Christianity in Russia, under the Russian Orthodox Church, also has a malign influence on politics. They are among Putin's strongest supporters.

I agree that, in spite of temporary reactionary revivals of fundamentalism, the long term historical trend is for religious fundamentalism to decline as people become better educated and more aware of other points of view. It may take more than two generations for religious fundamentalism to fade and die, but the trend is irreversible. What will remain is secular respect for all cultural traditions and the preservation of cultural treasures, such as ancient mosques and cathedrals.

One way to combat Islamic fundamentalism may be to actually encourage Muslims to emigrate to Western countries. Rather than these immigrants converting secular Westerners to Islam, I think the opposite is more likely to happen in the long run. A few disenchanted young men may be radicalized and become terrorists, but the great majority will become less fundamentalist within a generation as children go through a modern secular education system and become much better educated than their parents.

Honestly, I think the trajectory to moderation of Islam is at presently outpacing the rate at which anti-Islam sentiment is increasing. I think by the time the population of any nation is fired up enough to ban the religion, it will be identical to Western Christianity.

This thread has been viewed 16787 times.

Back