Wacky news Central balkanic democracy

Status
Not open for further replies.
nothing just trash info

Macedonian Prime Zoran Zaev: I'm of Albanian descent! There are 25 million Orthodox Albanians in Balkans

Untitled.jpg

Following news that Vice Prime Minister and Vice President of SDSM, Radmila Šekerinska has Albanian roots, the media close to VMRO have declared of Albanian Orthodox descent also the Prime Minister of Macedonia Zoran Zaev.

"I have Albanian Orthodox origin, both from grandmother and grandfather since the Illyrians of Strumica accepted the Orthodox faith. Over time, the Slavs, mostly with violence, assimilated and imposed the Macedonian language.
Untitled.jpg

But all this is history. I forgive and we have to forget those things now and we should build a society and life for everyone. I do not know how to speak in Albanian because the Albanian language is not my mother tongue, but the language of the elderly grandparents, but it does not matter how we talk but important is of how we feel. I feel an Albanian Orthodox.

More than 25 million Orthodox Albanians live in the Balkans, mainly in FYROM, Greece, Albania and Serbia. That is why we easily understand the Greeks. Gruevski was fascist and ethnically pure, and with such a person can not be negotiated "- Zaev said.

Macedonian Prime Zoran Zaev: I'm of Albanian descent! There are 25 million Orthodox Albanians in Balkans

Untitled.jpg

Following news that Vice Prime Minister and Vice President of SDSM, Radmila Šekerinska has Albanian roots, the media close to VMRO have declared of Albanian Orthodox descent also the Prime Minister of Macedonia Zoran Zaev.

"I have Albanian Orthodox origin, both from grandmother and grandfather since the Illyrians of Strumica accepted the Orthodox faith. Over time, the Slavs, mostly with violence, assimilated and imposed the Macedonian language.
Untitled.jpg

But all this is history. I forgive and we have to forget those things now and we should build a society and life for everyone. I do not know how to speak in Albanian because the Albanian language is not my mother tongue, but the language of the elderly grandparents, but it does not matter how we talk but important is of how we feel. I feel an Albanian Orthodox.

More than 25 million Orthodox Albanians live in the Balkans, mainly in FYROM, Greece, Albania and Serbia. That is why we easily understand the Greeks. Gruevski was fascist and ethnically pure, and with such a person can not be negotiated "- Zaev said.

He must've added one zero to that 25 million.

Five names on the table for talks for FYROM

Diplomacy

Greek Foreign Minister Nikos Kotzias is heading to Skopje on Thursday with a document containing a comprehensive proposal from Athens to settle a decades old name dispute with the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM).

The document, Kotzias said on Monday, “addresses all of our open issues with FYROM as well as a future agenda of cooperation that will bring gains to both sides.

“I sent this agenda to Skopje several days ago,” he added.

There are five names on the table for talks, which Kotzias will be discussing with his FYROM counterpart, Nikola Dimitrov. These are: Republika Nova Makedonija (Republic of New Macedonia), Republika Severna Makedonija (Republic of Northern Macedonia), Republika Gorna Makedonija (Republic of Upper Macedonia), Republika Vardarska Makedonija (Republic of Vardar Macedonia) and Republika Makedonija (Skopje) (Republic of Macedonia [Skopje]).

The head of Greece’s junior coalition partner, Independent Greeks’ Panos Kammenos, has said he will not back any solution containing the word “Macedonia,” while there is also opposition within FYROM to Greek demands for changes to constitutional clauses deemed as expressing irredentist ambitions.

Speaking ahead of Kotzias’s visit on Monday, however, FYROM’s prime minister, Zoran Zaev, said he is confident of a solution being reached by the summer, “provided that it will be decent [solution], and respect the issues pertaining to [the country’s] identity.”

FM Kotzias Did Get Threatening Letter Containing Bullet, Diplomatic Sources Say

By ANA March 17, 2018

ATHENS – Threats against Greece’s Foreign Minister Nikos Kotzias in connection with the efforts for a resolution of the name dispute with the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM) are continuing and have escalated in the last week, diplomatic sources told the Athens-Macedonian News Agency (ANA) on Saturday.

The sources confirmed reports that Kotzias had received a threatening letter containing a bullet from an anti-aircraft gun, saying that this was now in the hands of the police. They also revealed that the minister’s office has been receiving threatening phone calls.

The letter accompanying the bullet urged “All that feel Greek to fight for our ideals, our history, our identity. The issue of the name of Skopje has many hidden traps.” As for the rest, the letter added, in a message for MPs, “especially for those that want to put their signature to the selling-off of our Macedonia, only one thing holds: we will wipe out their families, from the youngest to the eldest.”

Finally, it urged members of the armed and security forces to “not obey their orders, go into parliament and kill them all, stopping the sell-off to NATO and the EU.”
The letter and bullet are now being examined by police to discover who sent them, the sources said.

In a Twitter comment regarding the threats, meanwhile, Kotzias said that those morally instigating the threats on his life and physical integrity were “specific systems” that targeted and misrepresented him.

The government first revealed the death threats against Kotzias in early February, when Citizen Protection Minister Nikos Toskas told journalists that a letter saying that there were “three bullets for Kotzias and his family” was sent to the minister in connection with the activity around the FYROM issue, followed by a second letter a short while later.

Leaks report as Gorna Makedonia
or back to central balkanic Democracy

in the 'game' enters also Bulgaria

Yetos are you native to Macedonia or descendant of Greek refugees of 1922?

Severna ?????

Greece Says Agreed to Recognize Macedonia as 'Republic of North Macedonia'

By Reuters

• June 12, 2018

ATHENS — Greece has agreed to recognize Macedonia under the name 'Republic of North Macedonia or "Severna Macedonja", a Greek government official said on Tuesday.
Athens and Skopje have reached a deal to settle a long running dispute over the name of the former Yugoslav Republic's name, Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras said earlier on Tuesday.
(Reporting by Renee Maltezou)

Hurrah, one problem is solved. Now Balkan countires have 99 problems which wait for a solution

Was there a real problem?!!!
Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

Definitely, yes. Maybe not Military problem like Kardak/İmia between Greece and Turkey, but politically absulately. Greece have been blocked Macedonia for Nato and EU etc.

Definitely, yes. Maybe not Military problem like Kardak/İmia between Greece and Turkey, but politically absulately. Greece have been blocked Macedonia for Nato and EU etc.

What is the problem??!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

Greece-Macedonia name deal meets with mixed reaction

By:
Posted: Jun 13, 2018 06:47 AM EDT
Updated: Jun 13, 2018 06:47 AM EDT

ATHENS, Greece (AP) - A historic deal ending a decades-long dispute between neighbors Greece and Macedonia over the latter's name met with mixed reactions in both countries Wednesday, with some welcoming the agreement and others horrified at what they see as unacceptable concessions.

Under the deal reached between the two countries' prime ministers Tuesday, Macedonia will change its name to Republic of North Macedonia, and will amend its constitution. The agreement is expected to be signed this weekend.
The name dispute has roused strong nationalist sentiments and poisoned the two countries' relations since Macedonia gained independence from Yugoslavia in 1991. Greece argues that the term "Macedonia" implied a claim on the territory and ancient heritage of its own northern province of the same name.
The two prime ministers' efforts to forge an agreement face strong dissent, with opponents staging large protests on both sides of the border. The issue threatened to split Greece's governing coalition, and provoked a rift between Macedonia's Prime Minister Zoran Zaev and President Gjorge Ivanov.
New calls were circulating on social media for renewed street protests, with opponents on both sides arguing their prime ministers conceded too much to reach the deal.
Zaev, accompanied by Foreign Minister Nikola Dimitrov, visited Ivanov Wednesday to brief him on the deal. But Ivanov refused to discuss the issue and walked out of the meeting.

"President Ivanov ... left the meeting, refusing to talk about the achievements of this historical agreement," the government said in a statement.
Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras also faces opposition at home.
Greek Defense Minister Panos Kammenos, whose right-wing Independent Greeks party is the coalition partner in Tsipras' government, said he would oppose an agreement in a parliamentary vote. This would leave the left-wing prime minister dependent on support from political opponents to ratify the deal in parliament.
The head of Greece's main opposition party described the agreement as "deeply problematic." Conservative New Democracy party head Kyriakos Mitsotakis called on Greece's president to intervene so the deal can be debated in parliament before it is signed, instead of after.
On the streets of both capitals, reactions were mixed.
"We lost the country, this is a disaster," 45-year-old lawyer Mila Ivanovska said in Skopje, the Macedonian capital, and began to cry.
Greek opponents were equally angry.
"You, Slavs from Skopje through the centuries, you have never been true Macedonians," said Athenian resident Konstandinos Goutras.
But for others the deal marks a welcome end to a protracted dispute.
"North Macedonia is acceptable for me," said Svetlana Jancevska, a 55-year-old music teacher in Skopje, adding that it does "not damage my identity as Macedonian. The language remains Macedonian and that makes me happy. It was high time for the problem to be solved."
The agreement should pave the way for the former Yugoslav republic to begin the process of acceding to NATO and the European Union, and was welcomed by international officials.
The dispute was deadlocked for years but hope for a resolution was rekindled after Zaev became Macedonia's prime minister last year, replacing conservative Nikola Gruevski who had served as prime minister for a decade.
Opponents in Greece object to any use of the term "Macedonia" in their northern neighbor's name, fearing territorial claims and seeing the use of the name as a usurping of Greece's ancient heritage. Opponents in Macedonia disagree with any modification to their country's name, seeing it as a threat to their national identity.
____
Mironski reported from Skopje, Macedonia. Raphael Kominis in Athens, Greece, contributed to this report.

It is stupid.
just Stupid

Notice Makedonian language = Slavic idiom
Makedonian Dialect = Greek idiom

Nativity
both have Makedonian
citizenship
Greek
North Makedonia

Just stupid.

wine origιn
both can use term Makedonian

just a pushed agreement by non Balkanic forces,

It is stupid.
just Stupid

Notice Makedonian language = Slavic idiom
Makedonian Dialect = Greek idiom

Nativity
both have Makedonian
citizenship
Greek
North Makedonia

Just stupid.

wine origιn
both can use term Makedonian

just a pushed agreement by non Balkanic forces,

I agree it should be called Paeonia

http://greece.greekreporter.com/2018/01/10/fyrom-should-be-named-paionia-as-it-was-2500-years-ago/

The exact original boundaries of Paeonia, like the early history of its inhabitants, are obscure, but it is known that it was located immediately north of ancient Macedonia (which corresponded roughly to the modern Greek region of Macedonia), and to the south-east of Dardania (which was similar to modern-day Kosovo); in the east were the Thracian mountains, and in the west, the Illyrians.[2] It was separated from Dardania by the mountains through which the Vardar river passes from the field of Scupi (modern Skopje) to the valley of Bylazora (modern Veles).

Paeonia roughly corresponds to the present-day Republic of Macedonia and to a narrow strip of northern Greek Macedonia, on the borders with the Republic of Macedonia, and a small part of south-western Bulgaria.[3][4][5][6]

For me personally as a citizen of R.Macedonia,name like north Macedonia is acceptable, really not big deal there is many countries and regions around the world named South/North, however I am still skeptic as I think many people will oppose such a name on both sides,especially "nationalists".

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 120016 times.

Back