I took a DNA kit from FTDNA. You can see my result below;

60% European

• [*=1]30% Southeast Europe
    [*=1]20% East Europe
    [*=1]10% British Isles

36% Middle Eastern

• [*=1]36% Asia Minor

3% Southasian

I think that my 3% Southasian ancestry comes from my ancient ancestors. On the other hand, Asia Minor is a very big gap! I am not sure what do Asia Minor describes. As you know, too many nations lived in Anatolia and still there are too many different nations live there.

Do other Turkish, Balkan Turkish and Balkan people have similar results? What does that score mean?

How much Balkanic are you?

This is mine,

European 45%
East Europe 28%
Southeast Europe 17%
Middle Eastern 35%
Central/South Asian 8%
East Asian 7%
Jewish Diaspora 3%

Half and other quarter Greece

@ Thracian 88

which part of Bulgaria?

Kazanlak
Pazardzik
Haskovo
????

I took a DNA kit from FTDNA. You can see my result below;

60% European

• [*=1]30% Southeast Europe
    [*=1]20% East Europe
    [*=1]10% British Isles

36% Middle Eastern

• [*=1]36% Asia Minor

3% Southasian

I think that my 3% Southasian ancestry comes from my ancient ancestors. On the other hand, Asia Minor is a very big gap! I am not sure what do Asia Minor describes. As you know, too many nations lived in Anatolia and still there are too many different nations live there.

Do other Turkish, Balkan Turkish and Balkan people have similar results? What does that score mean?
Run your DNA through GedMatch in HarappaWorld admixtures, post it here, and maybe I can tell you more.

Yetos

Kardzhali and Razgrad. Are you from Bulgaria as well?

No I am not.

Kirtzali I know it has
yet never been there.
by what i know Haskovo and Kazanlak has clear Turkish population,
connected with open Asian steppe

but Razgrad I thought they were muslim Arabs or Armenians
not Turks

Anyway the result you post
are not away from the greater area around Balkans and Turkey

not Turks

Bulgarian Turks live as two subgroup, Danube/Razgard group which is more East European and also have been took many Crimea Tatar migration and other is Rodope/Kardzhali group.

I have never heard that that Kazanlak was known with Turks, There were Turks but with Bulgars , not dominant Turkish structure despite of Razgard and Kardzhali.

My grandpa was born in there...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, I got upset to not see and East Asian elements in your results. Even not all Turks have much as I have.

Bulgarian Turks live as two subgroup, Danube/Razgard group which is more East European and also have been took many Crimea Tatar migration and other is Rodope/Kardzhali group.

I have never heard that that Kazanlak was known with Turks, There were Turks but with Bulgars , not dominant Turkish structure despite of Razgard and Kardzhali.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, I got upset to not see and East Asian elements in your results. Even not all Turks have much as I have.

when I was traveling Bulgaria, before a decade
a historian friend told me many about cities, and ethnicities,
that is why I was surprised about Razgrad,
He told me about Arab or Armenian background

when I was traveling Bulgaria, before a decade
a historian friend told me many about cities, and ethnicities,
that is why I was surprised about Razgrad,
He told me about Arab or Armenian background

Razgard is like a capital of Danube Turks, so Turkification supposed to be fast in Ottoman times. it is possible some of them Armenian or Arab

So how many % Balkan genes do Balkan Turks have?

Most of the people I've seen are completely Balkan looking and just backward Ottoman sympathizers.

I don't claim to have much knowledge on Balkan Turks but the only ones I've known that could really be partially Turks are in Montenegro, while also the ones in Albania who although are heavily mixed with Albanians still retain some Anatolian features (most of them anyways). Then there are some originally Egyptian and Tunisian families in Shkodra, North Albania that also identify as Turks/Ottomans despite being Arabs. Complicated topic I guess.

Then there are some originally Egyptian and Tunisian families in Shkodra, North Albania that also identify as Turks/Ottomans despite being Arabs. Complicated topic I guess.

Totally right. I saw many Muslim Gypsy/Romani in Bulgaria who call themselves as Turk.

No I am not.

Kirtzali I know it has
yet never been there.

not Turks

I haven't seen any Turkish people have British Isles ancestry yet. That is too weird. I haven't heard that the people in Razgrad are Arab or Armenian. I have met a few people from there and all of them are also Turkish.

I saw a few Turkish people ancestry and I can easily say that most of Anatolian Turks have greater East Asian ancestry than you.

Totally right. I saw many Muslim Gypsy/Romani in Bulgaria who call themselves as Turk.

That is big true, in Balkans, Black sea surounding, and minor Asia
and not only for Turks, but for many ethnicities/nationalities

I haven't seen any Turkish people have British Isles ancestry yet. That is too weird. I haven't heard that the people in Razgrad are Arab or Armenian. I have met a few people from there and all of them are also Turkish.

these are terms you find in Balkans,

Hello to the Turkish members of the forum :) Here are my results from 23andme: Surprisingly I have very little Eastern European. My father's family emigrated to Ottoman empire from Mostar about 120 years ago and settled in Izmir.

European [FONT=&quot]75.3%[/FONT]
==Southern European --- 71.5%
======= Balkan ------------------------- 55.1%
======= Italian -------------------------- 10.3%
======= Broadly Southern European -- 6.1%
==Eastern European ------ 1.3%
==Northwestern European 0.1%
======= Broadly Northwestern European 0.1%
==Ashkenazi Jewish ------ < 0.1%
==Broadly European ------- 2.4%

I am from Turkey, with three grandparents originally from Balkans.

I did 23andme test:
87% Balkan
8% Italian
4% broadly Southern European
0.5% Middle Eastern and North African
0.2% Yakut

I expected a more diverse mix. I was surprised there was no Eastern European and very little middle eastern. I suppose Eastern European in 23andme coincides with Northern Slavic. Not sure how come the Turkish grandparent didn’t pass on to me any middle eastern. It is what it is.

GEDmatch didn’t add anything, top matches with various algorithms were Greek, Bulgarian, and Italian.

So I think most Balkan Turks may be more Balkan than Eastern European, similar to Greeks and Bulgars.

This thread has been viewed 21290 times.

Back